Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

BBButterfly, why did you have to have 12 inches of stiches. Aren't you in your early 30's. Why did you have to have your surgery....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Post-op appnt

Hello All:

I've been reading some of your post-op discussions, and it sounds like most of you are doing very well, despite the pain. I had my post-op appointment today and surprisingly my Doc did a vag exam. She said that everything looked great and I'm healing wonderfully. That's great news; however, I told her that I'm still having some pain, but less. She said that it was totally normal to have pain still, and if I want to speed up the healing process to take some hot baths. She said the surgery site needs some heat to get to it. (I don't know if that's appropriate for those of you who had TAH).

The doc said that I could start slowly increasing my activity but I don't feel that great yet. I'm still taking Ibubrofen and little crumbs of demerol here and there (I cut them up now). My doc said that during the surgery she had to give me an extra stitch on the right side due to retractors, so she took that stitch out today, it was fine. I still feel like laying on the couch and just walking around slowly, that's where I'm at physically. Still hurts a lot when I sneeze/cough. (BMs are getting easier though).

I go back to work on Oct. 9th, and it should be fine since I sit most of the time and just walk around a little. Doc said I would get really tired by the afternoon, so I might do some half days at first. Take care all. I wish you the best in your recoveries.
Sorry to hear about the perforated bladder, OUCH! Hope you heal quickly.
Mel
Unread 10-03-2007, 12:50 PM

thank you so much for caring, I am feeling a little better this afternoon. I really think I over done it yesterday so I havent done anything today. Friends like you help bunches thanks again
Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 02:03 PM

I am having a bad day today. I have a rash on my pubic region from my beautiful pouch rubbing and aggravating the skin I guess. GRRRRR! I hurt today too and just feel weepy and blah. I finally put cortizone cream on the rash cuz I was going out of my mind. I also called the drs office and he's supposed to call me. I'm still taking pain meds...one or two a day. I rode in my sons car yesterday and I think that squished me a bit. He drives a little mitsubishi eclipse. MelMel I am so glad you are doing well and going back to work already. I miss normalcy and schedules. Take care....M
Unread 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM

I had a ton of extra skin so the Dr. said that he could take care of some of it for me when he did my TAH and bladder repair. I have four kids and my periods have been progressively getting worse. The cramping and bleeding was were I was a prisoner in my own home for almost a week out of each month. I feel better already because the cramping is gone. I also had migraines with the terrible cramping and bloating. I feel like a new woman! (My period was suppose to start today---yahoo! No cramps and bleeding for me!)
Unread 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

I had also requested a tummy tuck, but my gyne stated it wasn't necessary.Oh happy day. Mjcrs, one of the sugestions that one our beautiful ladies put out there was to put a soft cloth/dressing underneath to help with the skin heal. Hope this helps.
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Hi all,
Well, almost the same day I returned home my computer died so I feel so out of the loop. It was returned today so YEAH!! Every day gets a little better. Had a TAH on the 24th and came home that Thursday. This Monday and Tuesday were particulary rough and last night I was in some pretty severe pain but it seems to have passed. The only think I can think is the swelling was going down and the nerve endings were coming back to life and it hurt to move if anything touched my tummy. Today seems to be better and I can see a considerable reduction in the swelling. I feel so much better though and my tummy feels like a watermellon has been removed from it!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 10:31 PM

I finally went for a walk today. I feel like I don't have to be hunched over as much to protect my incision. The gas is was has been really hard and today I started using Gas-X. It worked during the day but night time is really uncomfortable.
Unread 10-04-2007, 05:36 AM

Im so glad everyone is getting up and out I really thought I was doing well from my tah on the 24th until in the middle of the night my small dog decided to walk across my belly. and then about three hours later my fat cat which weighs18 lb. decided it was his turn to walk on my belly it is now 7:30 in the morning and i already took one pain pill hopefully it will take the ache away. Has anyone else had this problem from our loving and wonderful pets!!
Unread 10-04-2007, 06:26 AM
When can I drive???

Hi Hystersisters
I am feeling much better - it will be two weeks tomorrow and the terrible tearing pain has gone - it is now just an ache which is quite bearable. I have even halved my dose of pain meds during the day. I know that I am better because I am starting to get a severe case of cabin fever. My gynae says emphatically not to drive for the first 6 weeks but I seriously doubt that I can wait that long. Once I am off pain meds during the day do you think I could drive the children to school - a really easy round trip of about 5km.
What did your doctors say about driving?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register