Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 10-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Helpat409:
You gota love our animals, they are worse than the kids..... I have a 10 pound Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who thinks I died... If she isn't attached to me in someway she cries and she will invariably walk across my tummy when I lay down so that she can make her "nest". and as for the cat, she is a 9 pound Persian who thinks that her bed is my tummy or side. I even moved her "daybed" into my bedroom and tried to get her off me, I have given up. Now when I lay down I just put a bed pillow across my tummy, trust me is works. I think our pets are killings us with their love and concern.... Hope you are feeling better. I just keep telling myself it will get better each day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 07:09 AM

Haha,

Yeah, my baby girls (kitties) are the same way. Well, my oldest is oblivious to the fact that I'm even home but my baby kitty is attached to my hip and will not leave my side. Believe it or not she hasn't even attempted to step on my tummy even once but instead just curls up in the crook of my arm and sleeps with me all day. So sweet - I enjoy watching her sleep. :-)

One question for you though ladies, I noticed something yesterday that sort of has me concerned and I will be calling my doctor as soon as they open this morning. I had my TAH on Monday and had a breast reduction over 2 years ago. I noticed yesterday morning that a light liquid has started coming out of one of my breasts and wondered if anyone is experiencing the same thing? I don't know if this is just a normal side effect of the drastic change in hormones. I've had a number of lumps removed from this same side over the past two years. Anyone experiencing anything like this?

All the best to my fellow sisters.
Unread 10-04-2007, 08:03 AM

The breast liquid could well be hormonal or ductal ectasia - sort of like blocked ducts. I had ducts removed from one breast a few years ago as the doc was not sure that it was a benign problem (which it thankfully was) - now the other breast is "leaking" and I have been advised to leave it alone! Check it out but I don't think you have anything to worry about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM

Thank you so much leolady! I have an appt with my doc this afternoon. I know I have some blocked ducts in that breast from my reduction. If it's not one thing, it's another!! :-)
Unread 10-04-2007, 08:53 AM

I didn't sleep that great but I woke up feeling good. Made the kids breakfast and I'm thinking that it feels too good to be true. Is this a side effect of getting out of the house and walking a block? It was very pleasant. Of course my 5 year-old daughter thought that I should be walking faster--she got bored before we made it past the 3rd house.
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:07 AM

Actually this morning my seventeen pound cat decided to jump on my stomach to get in bed with me. I was so mad at him but then I turned side wise so he wouldn't be near my stomach.
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:20 AM

I had my surgery last Wednesday Sept 26th. I had the dr take everything out since I was already in menopause and only one ovary was working. I can say the only problem I am having is that it's hurts like heck to go to the bathroom!

I had my staples out Monday Oct 1st and mentioned the problem to the Dr and she was sympathetic but didn't offer much help. But, otherwise I feel good and it's a relief to be able to actually fit into my clothes now! Before, the cysts and fibroids were so big, my pants always felt tight around my waist..
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:35 AM

My TAH-BSO was last Weds 09/26. I had great news yesterday - My cancer was a stage 1b and all the lymph nodes he took out were good. I may still have to have radiation as my cancer was a grade 3, so doc is going to let me know. I still feel a bit swimmy-headed and have some more healing to do, but overall am doing well. Hubby is taking very good care of me. Good luck to you all
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM

It is now 8 days since my surgery on the 26th. TAH / BSO. I've reduced my vicodin to 1 at a time instead of two so I am taking like 4 instead of 8 per day. Also Celebrex to reduce inflamation. Pain is tolerable, but if I move to much or bend over to much or anything, yuck. Feel awful when I wake in the morning but quickly take the meds and it helps. Had staples out on Tuesday and doc says everything looks good. Told her of my concerns regarding constipation and then savage diarrhea but she didn't seem to concerned. Said I could take all sorts of things, but I've just been drinking prunce juice each day to clear out the system. Have to be careful about dehyration now. Plus, I have no appetite which I'm sure doesn't help. At times I feel as though this 4-6 week recuperation time is a joke and that I'll be up and running in like 2-3 weeks, but that's probably not realistic. Now I have the stress of my daughter telling me she wants to quit law school after having gone for only 2 months and this being her dream for the past 5 years and her having a full scholorship. Heart breaking to say the least. But what can you do but support your family? Afterall, she is here for me.
Ugh. Have been on estorgen patch too, cause I was premenopausal before all this. Hot flashes coming hard and heavy and mood swings. This is tough stuff, isn't it? Wow am I rambling, but needed to get this out somewhere, and this is it for me! Thanks all for listening.
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:57 AM

I had surgery last Weds. and am taking Percocet about twice a day now. I was taking 2 every 4-6 hours and am down to 1 pill twice a day. He also gave me a Rx for Phenergan which I have not needed any more for nausea. (I had nausea the first day home).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register