Stabbing Pain on right side (not abdomen or stomach) right side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stabbing Pain on right side (not abdomen or stomach) right side Stabbing Pain on right side (not abdomen or stomach) right side

Unread 09-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Stabbing Pain on right side (not abdomen or stomach) right side

Hi Sisters,

Has anyone experienced a sudden sharp stabbing pain in their right side that tends to radiate up their arm? This started yesterday (after a shopping spree with the family for about 6 hours). It occurs mostly when I walk or sit at different times. When lying down it doesn't bother me. This pain is not in my abdomen or stomach, it's on my side.
I saw many posts of this type of pain, but all that I saw referenced the abdomen area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM

I have, but not up to my arm. It feels like when I was on my period with all the pain I had in my ovaries. Heat and rest are seeming to work. I think it might be overdoing it, but that's only a guess. When I take it easy, the pain goes away. Our uterus size seems pretty close. I was comparable to 4 month pregnant woman and wonder if that might have something to do with it. It was pretty intensive trying to get it out and it took longer than usual. You?
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:18 PM

I had very similar pain. I was walking a lot my first week post op and would get these pains above my right hip and just below my rib cage on my side. It felt like the cramps you get when you run. I've been taking it much easier this week and it's gone away. I also had my appendix out during my TLH which is located in the lower right abdomen - so my pain might just be related to this. Another lady on this site said she had the same and her doc said it was "referred pain" which means that you have pain in one place but you feel it in another place. An example would be that if you injured or ruptured your spleen (in your upper left abdomen) then you might feel pain in your left shoulder only. Talk to your doc for a more definative answer. ~ jen : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Mine took about an hour and a half, I don't know if that's normal or not.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register