Endometrial biopsy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial biopsy? Endometrial biopsy?

Unread 09-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Endometrial biopsy?

Hello Ladies: Boy, I too can totally relate. About 4 years ago, I bled from May - October and even took birth control piils (3 pills per day) to control the heavy bleeding. It didn't work and I ended up having a hysteroscopy to remove fibroids and polyps.

Well, they're back! I have had 2 insufficient pap smears and my 3rd just last week. My doctor said my uterus is 3 times the normal size. What's a normal size? I too, don't know all the abbreviations on these boards but from what I've read, think I'm going to have a TAH with keeping the ovaries and possibly the cervix.

Has anyone else had an endometrial biopsy? I am having that done on October 8th - maybe to rule out cancer cells? Does anyone know? Thanks for all the concerns that are posted. I too have the very same concerns, am afraid and glad that I'm not the only person who is going through this. There sure are a lot of us, huh?

Cyndi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Endometrial biopsy?

Hi Cyndi,
I've had two endo biopsies. The first one hurt like the blazes! Worst pain I've ever felt. Mind you, I've never given birth so I don't have that comparison. But the pain was very very short; over in a few seconds.

The second one I had with a D&C so I was out like a light.

In my case they ruled out cancer but couldn't rule out that it could develop. Good luck to you!
Unread 09-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Endometrial biopsy?

Thanks, Luv2knit (love your name by the way!). I had a procedure before when they injected saline into uterus. It wasn't that bad but a lot of cramping. I heard that the procedure is intense for some women, but I have a pretty high tolerance for pain (so I've been told). I think I'm pretty much a wimp.

I have never given birth vaginally (2 c-sections) and never went into labor. With my hysteroscopy I had a D&C and was out too so I don't remember anything. Do you know if it's common to have a biopsy before a hysterectomy?

Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Endometrial biopsy?

I had one done, too. No lasting problems afterwards, but it hurt more than they said it would. The doc said it was probably because I haven't given birth. Which, by the way, she knew before she did it and told me it would be a "mild cramp."
Unread 09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Endometrial biopsy?

I had an endometrial biopsy it was not planned, I was in the stirrups she asked if it was ok to do it and I said yes. She said there would be some pain and there was but only when she took the specimen after that I was fine. My biopsy was done to help clear the path to get the hysterectomy scheduled and I had no trouble with that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register