Just a little bored today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a little bored today Just a little bored today

Unread 09-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Just a little bored today

Hi everyone,

I am really doing okay just a little bored. My husband went kyaking after he cleaned the house and I am lonely. Anyone else out there bored out of their minds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Oh, I hear you. My hubby went back to work last week and has been working all 3rd shifts. He gets home at 8ish AM and goes to bed at 2pm and sleeps til 10pm. I'm very antsy but thank goodness there are a lot of new TV shows this season. I watch one channel and record another. Then while DH is sleeping I catch up on the other shows. I also have some great trashy romance novels that are very easy reads and very distracting. All the while my motorcycle calls to me from the garage. I had my surgery the day before yours. I don't know about you but the thought of sitting on a saddle and bouncing down our beautiful back roads is not the slightest bit appealing right now! Good luck to you. Hope you can find something to distract you! ~ jen : )
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Hi, I just started feeling bored too. My surgery was on the 12th and until now I was quite content to do nothing! I think being bored comes with feeling better!! Yahoo! It was a gorgeous day when I got up this morning & my first thoughts were what shall I do! then reality sunk in...same thing I've been doing for 2 weeks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 11:28 PM

For the first time today I was soooo bored I just wanted to get out and run around the block. This weekend my DH and DS teased me by saying I'm a couch potato and so lazy (ha ha very funny). There is so much pent up energy but our bodies can't handle it. I decided to water the garden since we have had no rain for weeks. I dragged the hose around and it wasn't too bad (ie. heavy)...but I felt tired and a little crampy and sore afterwards (because I watered for 1 1/2 hrs). I told my DH and DS to stop me if they see me doing too much because sometimes we can't stop ourselves. I gave them a list of what I shouldn't be doing so they can police me. I've watched so much TV and of course, spent a lot of time with Hyster Sisters...let's see how this weeks goes!
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:23 AM

Hi May13, I hear you. Next time maybe have the DH drag the hose out & you just do the watering. As women I think we're born producers so we have this urge to accomplish stuff all the time. I'm doing what I can, my floors are disgusting but the countertops are gleaming! My DC's have been good to "set things up for me" before they go to school, like lifting a chair to where I can do something like tidy a craft cupboard or setting out photos to sort. Are you driving yet? My mom's taken me out a few times which was soooooo exciting but I feel the getting in and out of the car later in the day. I'm getting addicted to day tv., I've never watched so much in my life. What will I do when I have to go back to work.. Ellen, Oprah, Rachel and Dr. Phil - I will miss you !
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:15 AM

I started driving a week after my LAVH/BSO. I still think it is hard to get in and out of the car but it is nice to get out. I don't go far. Sometimes just down the road and back. My dogs especially like the ride.

I am having problems walking my dogs. They pull a little but not much. By the time I get home my back is killing me. I don't know if it is holding their leashes or just walking.

This site is great for taking away boredom. I have lots of books and puzzles and the tv remote but I miss talking to people. How about you?
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Yes I drove to my first post op (7 days after surgery) and my dr. cleared me to drive that day anyway. I don't go far and I don't drive everyday. After 10 minutes I get sore and crampy because driving uses a lot of muscles I wasn't aware of. Today everyone's at work and school and it's just me and my schnauzer. The house is a mess (by my standards anyway). I use the swiffer, put things away and some dishes (not heavy pots). I leave many things for DH and DS to do when they get home. I make each of them a list so I can get it off my mind. They like crossing off the list and then say, "Anything else?"
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:26 AM

Do use the swiffer wet jet? I don't know if that would be okay to use or not. I use a dust mop on my hard floors but they really need to be mopped. I thought that my swiffer wet jet would be easy for me to push but I don't want to overdo it or I don't want everyone to think that I have healed and can do all the work now. I don't like seeing my dogs footprint smudges on the floor but I know that they will still be there tomorrow if I don't do anything.
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM

I've found the best way to "mop" is to leave a rag wet with cleaner on the floor & I drag it around with my foot when I go in the kitchen.
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM

I have been really bored off and on also. I am not a patient patient but I'm really trying.

I have done some scrapbooking, knitting, thank you cards, reading of trashy novels (I'm on my 4th), and picked up the house off an on.

I have my 2 week post op today and I'm looking forward to finding out what I can and can't do still. Yesterday I spilled a bunch of coffee grounds on the kitchen floor, and before I even thought what I was doing I had swept it up, put it in the dustpan and threw it away, it didn't hurt, I hope I didn't do anything to hinder my recovery.

I have also been wondering if I could use my swiffer wet jet. It's really light and doesn't require a ton of effort to use. Hmmm??? Those wonderful dogs leaving their footie prints all over!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register