Just a little bored today - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a little bored today Just a little bored today

Unread 10-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Just a little bored today

My dogs are boxer/beagle mixes. They are 12 years old now and suffer from severe seperation anxiety. I have caused them some trouble because I am at home and they are off our usual schedule. They are great dogs. They just don't like to be left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM

I have sore skin too. All around my incisions but not really on them. I guess that it is normal for at least 2 of us.
Unread 10-03-2007, 02:00 PM

My whole abdomin hurts for 3 gays. even an inch or two above my belly button...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM

I am a little sore around my belly button but that's where they put in that camera! Today I took shirts to the cleaners, went to my son's school, picked up medicine for the dog, got a new cell phone, put gas in the car, picked up lunch from a drive thru came home and loaded the dishwasher and washer, folded clothes, put them away, then... :timeup: . Took a 1 hr nap. Got up and cooked dinner. So far so good, just sore in the belly area and back but not bad. This made my day go better and faster. But still BORED...need to get back to work!
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM

I thought I was the only one who mopped this way (with a wet rag on the floor and moving it with your foot) !!! You made me laugh!! I have 3 dogs and they track in all kinds of dirt!
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionist
What types pf dogs do ya have?
I have a chocolate lab and a golden retriever.

I also was doing the rag on the floor with my foot thing and my DH almost blew a gasket when he saw me, it was only a few days after.

Today my friend picked me up and took to me to a new outlet mall we haven't been to - it was fun to walk around and not many people there. We went another large department store and I bought my daughter some new sheets for her dorm bed. We then went out for lunch and by the time I came home I was a little sleepy, took a hour nap and I've dusted and picked up around here.

An outing did wonders for my attitude!
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:58 PM

Hi ya'll, I'm bored. bored since the third day in the hospital. Bored with looking at all four walls, bored cause I can't wash my clothes, Tired of looking at dirty dishes, Tired of not being able to hold my baby grandsons.

I'm not comfortable enough to hold the book I borrowed from the library which is large, can't lay it on the bed and lay on my stomach with my feet in the air while I read. Can't see it if I put it on my lap in the recliner. SICK to death of my fav game of sudoku. Keep forgetting to buy knitting yarn, sick of having my daughter trying to help me while her kiddies drive her crazy and I can't do anything to help.

I'm so thankful that my girls care so much for me and try so hard to help, but it sure is driving me crazy to sit and just watch and not even be able to help with their kids while they are doing it.

Well, thanks for letting me vent. Kitty
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:19 PM

I'm with you I'm bored too. I did too much the 2nd week and had to stop. I'm just starting to do a little more. It driving me a bit crazy. I guess we have to take it easy until we can do more. It's hard and boring. It does feel good to vent. Thanks for listening.
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Vent away Kitty, but it is still early days for you. You shouldn't be doing anything. The best advice I got was that I have one job to do & that is to do whatever it takes to heal well. It's the only thing we can do so why not try our best. That means doing almost nothing at first. You should ask someone tomorrow to pick you up some yarn. I'm sure you have friends who would love to help but just don't know what to do.
I have learned a few things this past 3 weeks that i would never have known...If ever I have a friend who has this done I will not bring flowers, I WILL arrive with mop in hand & do the floors. I will not bring a book (which is danting) I WILL bring a trashy magazine... Be patient with yourself, you've been through a lot.
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:56 PM

I know it all, and I really am trying to be patient and to find things to do. I'm feeling it more cause my daughter is trying to help and is stressing herself out so much. I'd sorta like to tell her to go home and relax, I can live with the dirty floors and dog hair if only she would be able to relax.

My oldest daughter sent me a site online where I might be able to help the youngest (the one who's trying to help me) with scholarship applications, So maybe since I can't help her with the work or the kids, I'll spend the time trying to help her with her expenses. If it's all I can do, It's better than nothing. Kitty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register