Just a little bored today - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a little bored today Just a little bored today

Unread 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Just a little bored today

Today my sister and I went to Kohls and Macys. I could not find anything comfortable to wear back to work on Thursday. I guess that I will check out Target on Monday. Then we took my elderly great aunt out to lunch. I am exhausted now. I was out and about more today then since surgery. I think that I will sleep well tonight.

Lotte Donahue- Not only was the Chinese food great I am now craving Mexican food. I'm glad that I haven't gained any weight while I have been off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM

mjm59 Glad to hear you had a great time shopping. Your doing really well. Fantastic! I went to a fabulous pie place that had chocolate peanut butter pie today. How could I resist? I couldn't. LOL My surgery was the 19th and feeling pretty good. Now I'm really going to have to walk off that piece of pie.
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:26 PM

Should've used the elec wheelchair at Wal-Mart. DH took me to get a Swiffer & duster, didn't know if I was going to be able to walk back to the front. I did, but very slowly. Sis from Katy-do you like the beach? If you do, maybe someone could take you. I nearly always feel good at the beach. One of my friends has a condo in San Diego. She is treating me for a week at the beach when I'm @ 11 wks out to finish healing. So hope I can do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2007, 08:23 PM

i went grocery shopping today with the hub. it was probably the 6 time we have ever gone together in 23 yrs of marriage. i was exhausted by the time we were done. but it felt so good to get out of the house. we have had abnormally warm weather for fall. almost too hot to be outside. a few more days and i"ll be able to drive. yeeeeaaaaaa.
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM

I avoided the whole grocery store thing by ordering online. What a cool thing that was! Just ordered them on the internet and they were here the next morning and my son put them away. I had a coupon for free delivery so I figured what a great time to use the service. I did go to Target and did about half the store and couldn't wait to get out of there. It was too much. Crazyj - glad you enjoyed your trip out of the house!
Unread 10-07-2007, 11:33 PM

This site is a blessing!!
I too have done minor house items and wonder how far I can go without harming the healing process. I was not only had abdonimal surgery, I was extremely infected and had to stay in the hosiptal for 9 days. The last thing I want, is to be back in the hospital.
I feel pretty **** good, considering everything, but I do find myself napping some days (today was one ..lol) Once in a while I feel minor pain/cramping ...
I have swept some, but little, since it is one thing I am told not to. It is nice to do some minor household cleaning .... I barely drive and did wait for at least a week. It's amazing how bored we all are .... It is just a nice feeling that I am not alone on this...
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM

feeling pretty good today, the past 2 days i was very tired.anybody else having problems with sleeping?
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:22 PM

I am having lots of trouble falling asleep. I think that I might take an Advil PM tonight and see if that helps. Once I finally fall asleep I sleep pretty well.
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj
feeling pretty good today, the past 2 days i was very tired.anybody else having problems with sleeping?
Yes!!!! a lot of trouble! I take ambien and feel bad the next day and then try melatonin and up half the night. then I'm desperate and take ambien again. It's a visious cycle! I've tried other stuff but no luck. Ambien works but I hate how I feel the next day. Before surgery melatonin worked great for me. I guess I have to keep trying! Good luck to you all and hope tonight will be a good night sleep.
Unread 10-09-2007, 06:14 PM

well, i am going to try not to take medicine. maybe use some relaxing cd's . good luck to you too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register