2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello All!!
Well the crabby old lady and the crabby little lady survived the day together! She is now safely tucked in her crib for the evening. Whew, it was a long day.

Cindy I absolutely feel that in other ways I am making progress towards my recovery. My belly, even though it is still swelly, feels so much better, and I can move pretty much normal now. The doctor told me I should pass stitches from my cuff area, and I have not seen any of those yet, but it is feeling better in there, much less like something is going to fall out, so I think there is progress there also. The bm thing is a pain, but I can live with that. It is just going to take some time I think. But the sleep that is the one thing I have to resolve to get my energy back and function normally. I am so glad you had such a good weekend and your date night sounds like it was wonderful!!

Joan I have never been for a massage either. I think a massage and a pedicure would be just about perfect. LOL Actually, I don't even know where to get a massage in my area. I should check into it. I might tell DH that you absolutely recommend one for my complete recovery!

Hysterhelp sorry your boss was a pill, but I am really glad you are looking forward to tomorrow and are feeling well.

Jenn that sounds like a fun time with your DD. You sure have had a long day. I hope you get your second night of great sleep tonight.

mrtngirrl you are right that your health comes first. i totally feel that way. There is always another job out there we can get, but good health not so easy to come by. Good luck in your job search.

Well I hope you all have a great evening. Once again thank you so much for your support, encouragement, and friendship you guys have been so wonderful and I really look forward to reading your posts everyday. I hope you all sleep well. Until tomorrow, take care~~Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Hey all I missed you. Have been swamped since the day before Thanksgiving glad to hear everyone had a nice holiday. Mine went well went out to the families on Thanksgiving Day and all us girls got haircuts! Made my own Thanksgiving at home for DH and kids since he had to work on Thanksgiving Day. Turkey came out great! So did the turkey noodle soup on friday. I was able to make it through all the hustle and bustle without too many problems. However very sore at the end of each active day.

sas forever thanks for the SILK chocolate milk tip definately have to give it a try (when the money comes back ).

mrswillie yes i am still feeling the side pain especially after an active day like today. I cleaned out the closet today and had to walk up and down the stairs alot. Paying for it now. Sore again. I did find things in the closet I haven't seen for years!
I am not on HRT I have one ovary left and dr has not mentioned any further treatment for hormones. Maybe I should ask.
No braving Black Friday for me too many people!

I have my next post op on thurs I really hope she releases me back to work. I am more than ready this being stuck at home business is for the birds. I am so bored!

CUTITOUT good luck with your surgery I hope all goes well for you.
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:07 AM

Good Morning All!

It is still cold but sunny here. I plan to relax today. Not that much longer and these relaxing days will be a memory when work starts next week.

Question ladies: Have any of you started to sleep on your tummies? Was there ever a restriction about this? Last night I was able to lay on my tummy without pain. I only laid that way for a couple of minutes because my husband thought it was not a good idea. My right side of my belly is still noticably swollen. Because of this he feels it is not healed and that maybe laying on it like that is not good for it. What do you all think? I don't have a marked amount of increased pain so I don't think I injured anything. I would have thought I would have stopped worrying at 7 weeks! One of these days I hope.

Cindy I started to worry about the belly being lopsided again and I thought of you and it gave me hope. Thanks for that!!

Well I hope you are all having a good morning.
Take care~~Jan

nikkic3004 glad to see you bakc! That is great that you have been able to accomplish so much. I feel similar still some aches and pains, but much improvement and doing so much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 09:10 AM

mrswillie I am still having the sleep issues as well, but everything else is getting better.

I am not sure who mentioned the anxiety issues, but last night I was doing nothing but worrying which caused a crying fit that just wouldn't stop and was wide awake until 1:30 this morning. You would think that being with so little sleep that when I lay down today I should be able to fall asleep easily, but I don't. I just end up laying there trying. So I got sick of trying and here I am on the computer again.

Gonna play some games and relax today you are so right mrswillie the relaxation time is almost over. Gonna enjoy while I still can.

Have a great day all!
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:46 AM

well, I go to my Gyno. today for the last time (I hope). i have to have him fill out a restriction sheet even if their are any or not. Then I will go by my work and give them the paper. i will check my schedule, because they know I am to return to work next Tues. 12-4-07. I'm pretty excited about it and ready to get back on track with my new life. The only problem I am having is the swelly belly. I still get swollen in the eve. and tire easily. I am tired of wearing P.Js and sweats. Today I will wear jeans to the drs. and my work even if it kills me ( and it probably will come close to it). I made this extra apt. myself last week , because I haven't seen him since the first week of Nov. and that was the only time. I felt I should see him one more time. I still have that lump on the right side where my ovary is, and will have him check it out. I think alot about the day I came home and the wonderful,thoughtful people I have met and talked to along the way. Thanks to everyone on this site. I don't what I would of done without all the support. Tina
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Good luck at the appt today Tina. let us know how it goes. I hope the jeans work out better than expected.
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:04 AM

twobtrue, good luck w/the work thing. My 1st and only day back went well.
mrs willie and others: does the swelly belly band help w/the pain and swelling? I only had swelling the first week and a half, but I had a TVH, no abdominal incision.
We got a beautiful blanket of snow last night. The boys both woke up saying, "oh my gosh..." I was excited, though I don't touch the stuff.
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:26 AM

Hi ladies,
It was 2 degrees when I got up this morning. Too brrrry for me. I cleaned the house today. I'm feeling a little sore, but not too bad. I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day.

nikkic it's good to hear from you. Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving.

Tina good luck today at your appt. Hope it goes well.

Jan I'm glad I could give you hope. I'm not an expert, but I think in time your tummy will even out. I haven't heard whether or not it is o.k. to sleep on your tummy. I think since you were only on your tummy for a short time and had no pain, it would be safe to say you didn't injure anything. Do you think you would be able to sleep better if you could lay on you tummy? Maybe you could give your dr a quick call to see if that would be ok.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Hi Ladies
Michelle I am not sure how much the swelly belly band helps with the swelling. I never bought one. I did use ice packs alot in the beginning because they told me in hospital that would help the swelling, but I never saw a difference.

Cindy that was the original reason I tried laying on my tummy because I thought it would help me fall asleep better but it did not really help anyway. So I will stay off until I speak to the doctor. I have not heard anyone say that their doctor told them not to do it and most of you were cleared with no restricitons at 6 weeks, so I am thinking I didn't do amy real harm.
2 degrees that is cold! not looking forward to that kind of weather. I hope it warmed up some for you. Glad you are fitting in some time to rest after all of the cleaning!

Hope you are having a good afternoon!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM

well, got back from the gyno. .It was my last visit. He had to use some silver nitrate because of some granulation. It stills burns alittle, and I am alittle uncomfortable right now, but O.K. This is the second time he saw granlation in this spot and had to silver nitrate it. He wants to to see me in another month if I keep spotting. I had been spotting off and on and he said it was because of the granulation spot. That is when scar tissue devolopes over an area that should be healing but is slow going at it. I received a clean bill of health besides that. I went by my work after the drs. and he gave me "no restrictions" but they said they will give me only 6 hr days to start and to just let them know what I need. I work with some great people. They were very happy to see me, everyone hugged me and said they couldn't wit fro me to come back next Tues. I must say the store looked great and my departments were kept up nicely. Going by there really made me ready to go back...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register