2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 105 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good Morning all. I just have to say something about jean sizes----Baa Humbug I was a size 16 before and some of those are tight have to wear some of my old "fat jeans" size 18 now yuck! lol Anyway last night was OK. Had some pain down low that was really sharp I think it is from picking up my youngest yesterday. I know I'm not supposed too but we were playing and it was a natural thing that I have always done. I guess since I was starting to feel better I forgot to be careful. Pain seems to be OK today so don't think I did too much harm.

Sleep did not come easily again last night. I lay there and lay there with a million thoughts zooming through my head-they just don't ever shut up. When I did finally fall asleep though, I did not wake up till the alarm went off at 5am. So at least I got a few hours straight through! =)

JoanC glad to hear your 8 wk went well. Keeping my fingers crossed mine is tomorrow.

Hyperhyster good luck with your errands today. Funny about Christmas shopping--I will be doing that when I get my first full check after being back to work on the 23rd of Dec. lol. I see you are in Minnesota I am in SouthDakota and the wind today is obnoxiously freezing. Keep Warm!

Have a great Day Everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:23 AM

Hello!!

No not sleeping in, but one of these days I hope to report to you at least 2 nights in a row of good sleep.

My DH and DD went to pick up the van she bought this morning. So I got up early and made breakfast and helped with GD. Then My DD took her to daycare while my DH and I went to the grocery store. I contacted my work to touch base before I head back next week. This afternoon I am going to straighten up my kitchen and make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. After that I know I will be exhausted as I always seem to hit a wall between 4-5pm these days.

My MIL told me this morning that are temps are supposed to drop tonight (not as low as you guys though, sorry about that!) and they are saying snow on the weekend. That is about right I figure it will be a sloppy mess Monday morning, that is about how things go!!

Well I hope you have a great afternoon. I will check back in tonight.
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:26 AM

Nikkic3004 I am glad you got some rest!! I am also glad you did not hurt yourself. Please be careful with that lifting! Stay warm out there.
Take care,
Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Nikkic we had the winds yesterday. It just cut right through you. Today is better, but still cold. I know what you mean about not thinking when picking up the little ones. It's such a natural reaction that you wouldn't normally think twice about. Be careful though.

Jan, small world...I have spaghetti planned for tonight also. You sound like you have a busy day planned. I hope you find some time to rest after dinner.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:02 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

Hope you are well. Special Hi to those who are back to work, you are pretty amazing.

Funny about pants/jeans size. I weigh the same thing I did before my surgery, yet, I have to squeeze into pants. I think it's because i can't hold in my tummy like I used to before.

Well after seeing Dr Roizen on PBS on Sunday (yesterday also), I'm motivated to walk (a minimum of) 30 minutes a day and do a light 20 minute workout, 3 times a week. It's going well, I'll keep you posted.

Yesterday I was in a pretty bad mood. I felt like that stewardess in the Nicoderm commercial, have you seen it. it never fails to crack me up! Anyway, I put yesterdays bad mood on the account of the full moon or maybe I was ovulating, I don't know. Sure don't miss those periods,

Today I went training with my dog, we are trying lo learn agility. Lately, she has been refusing to get in the car. So far, I've been able to coax her in with treats or my husband helps. Well today, nothing was making her get in the car and I was alone, I had to get back home. So I lifted her (she weight 60 pds). I don't feel anything and hoping there are no repercussions.

Have a nice and relaxing evening ladies and talk to you all soon.
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmuffin
Good afternoon ladies,

Hope you are well. Special Hi to those who are back to work, you are pretty amazing.

Funny about pants/jeans size. I weigh the same thing I did before my surgery, yet, I have to squeeze into pants. I think it's because i can't hold in my tummy like I used to before.

Well after seeing Dr Roizen on PBS on Sunday (yesterday also), I'm motivated to walk (a minimum of) 30 minutes a day and do a light 20 minute workout, 3 times a week. It's going well, I'll keep you posted.

Yesterday I was in a pretty bad mood. I felt like that stewardess in the Nicoderm commercial, have you seen it. it never fails to crack me up! Anyway, I put yesterdays bad mood on the account of the full moon or maybe I was ovulating, I don't know. Sure don't miss those periods,

Today I went training with my dog, we are trying lo learn agility. Lately, she has been refusing to get in the car. So far, I've been able to coax her in with treats or my husband helps. Well today, nothing was making her get in the car and I was alone, I had to get back home. So I lifted her (she weight 60 pds). I don't feel anything and hoping there are no repercussions.

Have a nice and relaxing evening ladies and talk to you all soon.
Hi There!

I am glad you did not hurst yourself with that lifting. I bet being out with your dog lifted your mood. It always helps me to be around them.

What is the 20 minute workout that you are doing? I have always been good about walking but so many people tell me the weight will not budge without weights, but I just never have been able to get myself to commit to walking and then weights. I am interested to hear your experience.

It was nice to hear from you. Have a great evening!!
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Hey every one! I am absolutely BACK TO WORK! I am a stay at homemom and today seemed like an official workday! One kid on crutches one kid home with stomach flu... One kid with huge zit that did not want to get out of my car this AM! Meeting at one school. blah blah on it goes! But I feel pretty darn good!

Also went for my final post op. All was okay doc said she needed to "get some xtra tissue from the vagina" So was that granulation and nitrate whatever? Did not feel too bad little sore little bloody...I am cleared for all exercise sex... go back in June. For Pap? I do not have uterus what will they check? Doc says I was crazy that for having surgery I did not gain that much weight (I closed my eyes on the scale and said do not tell me) I do not want to weigh myself until I can slip on jeans... hmmm i hada pair of eights once.....

Mrswillie I do sleep on tummy kinda.. on my side with pillow between legs so belly isnt flat on bed... very comfy weight training helps to burn more fat... I swear by it. my swelly belly is still there too.. I told doc I would come in JUne for my appt in a bikini... HA! No jeans for me yet I am staying in my comfy sweats and yoga pants! 5 hours is still my max time staying asleep.. Maybe someday....8??

Nikkic was it you that was asking about anxiety? Mine has improved I think it was hormonal.they left one ovary so I really was feeling alot of anxiety Doc gave me xanax. I do not take alot and it is less and less now. only occasional night sweats...

I am so glad we are all sounding so much better.
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Hi Sas

What a day you had! Yet you still sound so peppy, and on only 5 hours of sleep. You go girl! I am sure you are back full force.

You will have to tell me more about weight training. Maybe one of you guys can get me started on something-when I get cleared- that won't take to much time and will be doable for a newbie.

Believe it or not I am sipping a glass of Bailey's irish cream in hopes that it will help me with a good nights rest. We shall see. Not too bad I guess even if I don't end up sleeping.

Until tomorrow. Good night all--Best wishes for good rest for all.
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:00 AM

Good morning
Hyperhyster - I am in England and I also had spaghetti with meat balls last night too. Definietly a small world.
The weather here is nowhere as cold as it is with you. Last week was cold but only -4 or 5 degrees. This week it's about 10 degrees and quite warm. Is it cold with you all winter?
I am now nearly 9 weeks post op (TAH) and most of the time I feel normal and overdo stuff. I think as well I feel guilty about not doing stuff because of feeling normal so I just go ahead and do it and then at the end of the day I am shattered.
I am doing a home study pschology course which I started mid November and I am so into it. After my op I thought that they had removed my brain as well as my nether regions and this is helping me to start using my brain again and I can now confirm they didn't take my brain out. This also stops from doing physical stuff so all in all a very positive move.
I hope that you are all keeping warm and recovering well and sensibly.
X
Unread 11-29-2007, 05:54 AM

Good morning ladies!

Eleanor it does stay cold here. We don't usually see warm again until May. Of course there will be days in spring where it's 30 degrees and it feels like summer to us. It is 5 degrees this morning windchill is minus 11. Glad you are feeling better.

Sas we have the same job. My 13 yr old DS had alot of homework last night. He said to me very seriously, "mom, instead of doing my homework, I could just stay home from school tomorrow and do it then" HUH?? I'm glad your appt. went well. My dr told me to come back in a year for a check-up. I don't know if you still have your ovaries, but she said basically they would just be checking my ovaries and prodding around on the tummy and scheduling a mammogram. She said they will do a pap every five years, where they swab the vagina instead of the cervix.

Jan I hope you were able to rest after your busy day yesterday.

Today my 4yr DS and I are going to decorate the house for Christmas. DH took everything out of storage for us. It will be fun. I'm not planning much else because I am a big baby and do not want to go out in the cold anymore than I have to.

I hope everyone has a great day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register