2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 106 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-29-2007, 08:02 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good Morning Ladies!!

Elleanor it stays cold here in winter too. We are a little south of Cindy and it is a little warmer. 21 degrees right now. Good luck with your psycj class. I have taken many of those and they can be very interesting.

Cindy I did rest from 5:30 until bedtime. My Baileys helped me to sleep for 4 hours straight!! That was a very nice relief. I feel like I can think today. You are very ambitous with the Christmas decorations. I just can't imagine doing the whole thing this year. I talked to my dh and we are going to put up the tree, the stockings, and the manger. That is all. Usually I take down the knickknacks and put up all Christams ones, but I just do not think I have the energy to put it all up and take it all down. My dh agreed that all that stuff was not necessary for us this year and if we do the tree it is enough. I agree with you about the cold. I stayed home with my kids full time for 12 years before I returned to work out of the home. In those days in winter I would go shopping once a week, and then only went out when I had to. I was still busy all the time. My house was cleaner, our laundry was done, and I cooked and baked alot!! In some ways dh misses that, but I needed to pay off my school loan and by now we depend on my paycheck. I never had a second thought about going back until my little GD was born. Now I wish I was with her more!!

There is no doubt that I feel much better than I did but I still get alot of pinching, and like Elleanor when I overdo I feel pain and exhaustion.

Since we have all been thinking alike I should ask what are you ladies having for dinner today?

Also I have been saying an extra prayer for the ladies who have gone back to work. I have thought of you all and hope it is going well!!

Well I am going to jump in the shower. Have a wonderful day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM

Gee I am almost embarrassed to admit this but.... Umm its going to 78 today. I was whiny this am when it was in the forties and I had to drive kids to school....brrr I am in sweats and warm socks sipping my tea and I just get a chill thinking about how cold it is where you all are!!

Mrswillie I fell asleep at 7:30pm and got back up at eleven... closed up shop tossed and turned.... up and down until 5am. somewhere in there it it might add up to eight hours?? I just can't take anything as I feel like I will sleep through too soundly. It really does remind me of my sleeping patterns when I was preg and nursing... I survived it then I guess I will survive it now.

Hyperhyster you have to appreciate when the kids try to problem solve so creatively.... Sure stay home to do homework... Have more work to catch up on when you go back...nice try buddy... We are slowly decorating for Christmas.

My DD on crutches is calling... It has been something trying to keep herself off her feet... when I told my DH it was driving me nuts trying to keep her down he kinda gave me a funny look... Was he trying to tell me something??

Have a wonderful day... No one said what granulation was??
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:34 AM

Mrswillie I was thinking the spaghetti and meatballs sounded good for tonight... Last night I made creamed Tuna...had a cravingfor it! I have not made it in ages and they ate it up even my pickiest eaters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas4ever
Mrswillie I was thinking the spaghetti and meatballs sounded good for tonight... Last night I made creamed Tuna...had a cravingfor it! I have not made it in ages and they ate it up even my pickiest eaters.
Sas, somewhere on here I read, can not remeber who posted it, that granualtion is scar tissue that starts to form over cuff tissue that is slow to heal, so actually scar tissue starts to form over tisse that is not fully healed.

Creamed tuna sounds wonderful. I have not had that in a long time. Might have to have that. My Dh is going to be gone for 4 days, so that may be one of the things I have during that time. Easy and yummy. Thanks for the great suggestion!
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Good afternoon ladies. Just back from 8 wk post op. Good and bad news. Good news--I get to go back to work on Saturday, Yay! Bad news--still no sex. =( Had to do the nitrate thing today boy is that an uncomfortable feeling. Also still need to go back in two weeks. I was given Effexor to help with the irritability/anxiety--hopefully that will help.

mrswillie Bailey's! what a great idea--gotta try that one!=)

sas glad to hear your appointment went well. Can I have your recipe for cream tuna? I can never get the DD's and DS to eat tuna! =)

well the DH is calling gotta go for now hope everyone is having a great day!
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:07 PM

Hello everybody,

For supper, we are having meatpie and mounds of veggies on the side.
Something about spaghetti and meatballs...as most of you have experienced after surgery, I had no appetite. I had to force myself into eating, which is odd, since I have a big appetite. But somehow, one night my husband made spagheti with meat sauce and wow, my appetite was back. And now, I could eat this meal 3-4- times a week, I don't grow tired of it.
Mrs Willie: for the 20-minute workout, I go to the Real Age web site (realage.com). Click on the Wellness Centers, then the workout centers. I was able to download 3-20 minute videos of the workout, beginner, intermediate and more advanced. I just love this website.

Take care everybody!!
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:17 PM

Hi ladies so it has been a while. I am so not used to getting up at 4am, by the time I pick up my stepson clean up the house I am ready for bed at 7. But here is the thing, I still can't sleep by the time I fall asleep the darn alarm clock is going off. I am so darn tired and I look like a racoon with these circles under my eyes. How long does this not sleeping last? I have tried otc sleep aids and I still don't sleep. Thank God tomorrow is Friday! I did well the beginning of the week and today it hit me like a load of bricks! Good golly! I feel like my body is about to shut down. Other then that i am glad to be back at work and the aches and pains have subsided except when it is potty time and watch out for that because I get crabby! I just can't seem to go, wonder if that will ever change. Started taking stool softners and they help a little bit. Sorry to vent like that.

I hope is well with all of you ladies and i am sorry i haven't checked in while.

Well I have to go pick up my stepson in 20 minutes and try to get a cat nap in before my 7:00 meeting.
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Jan I'm glad you got to rest last night and slept better. The Baileys was a good idea. I like a glass of baileys once in awhile. I did put all the knick knacks away and put all the Christmas things out. We still have to get our tree. It is alot of work, but I do it because I still have young kids at home. But, when they are old enough where that isn't so important to them anymore, I'm with you, a tree, a manger and stockings. I am happy I have been able to be home with the kids. I've been home for 13 yrs. My youngest will start kindergarten next year, it's only three days per week. When he starts first grade I will probably go back to work. We have made alot of sacrifices for me to stay home, and as much as I've loved it, it will be nice to have a second paycheck.
I am making beef stroganoff tonight.

Sas I am so jealous. 78 degrees!! You gotta love those kids. When I asked him what he was going to do about all the work he'd miss if he stayed home he went, "oh yeah, I guess that won't work". I think Jan is right about the granulation. Creamed tuna sounds good. My mom used to make that. I had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch. I am the only one here who likes tuna though.

nikkic I'm glad about your good news and sorry for the bad news. Maybe when you go back in 2 weeks you'll get the all clear. I hope everything goes well for you at work Sat.
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:28 PM

Wackadoo it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. I'm sure that is not fun when you have to work. It's great that you're glad to be back at work and your feeling better. Hopefully you can get some sleep this weekend. Take care.
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM

Boy I tell ya hyper, i can not wait for this weekend so i don't have to hear that darn alarm clock

Smiles

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register