2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 108 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:11 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Jan, I tell ya, great minds must think alike. Friday night is pizza night for us.

It is about 4 degrees now. I was going to go shopping today, but I decided not to. I don't know why, the forcast isn't predicting any warmth anytime soon. We are supposed to have a major snowstorm starting tommorow. 8-10 inches of snow and freezing rain and gusty winds. My dh said to me this morning, "honey, we've lived in Minnesota for 18 years, when are you going to get used to this"? I just said, "yes, dear". lol
Well my DS wants me to build his Thomas the Tank Engine track, so I will go for now. I'll check in later.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Hi Michelle, I think that you are doing the right thing and are taking a very importand step in your life. You will have support and understanding where you will be going. I feel like you are a good friend and I will be praying and thinking about you. Hope to hear from you when you get back.
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM

i just heard on the news about a HUGE ice storm for Kansas and Neb. Its just North of me. 1 year ago today Missouri had a HUGE ice storm. Power outages were in hundred of thousands. I am like right on the border line. It is suppose to be 50 degrees here , but falling temps. tonight with a chance of freezing rain. Hope everyone is feeling well today. I have been very tired lately. I decorated the inside of my house for Christmas 2 days ago and am still feeling the punch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:29 AM

LOL!! Everyday I think we have more in common!!

I hear you about the shopping. It is not just the cold. Whenever there is weather like that predicted the stores get crazy, because people crowd them trying to buy stuff so they don't have to go out again. We have just a prediction for freezing rain so I don't think ours will be that bad, but if we had your forecast it would be jammed. Sometimes it is just best to take their comments with a smile and a grain of salt.

My DS had a wooden Train set like that when he was small he loved it until he eventually moved on to an electric set. Those are good memories! I love my kids now, but I miss when they were small and cuddly.

Linda I went to that website and printed out the first 20 minute workout. It seem slike a great place to start. Thanks for the tip.

Well I better get to this house. I'll check back later.
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Michelle I will be thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers. I hope it all goes well for you. Maybe they will let you use computer and you can check in with us? Do not forget they might move us! All the best for you! Take care of you!

Well I spoke too soon it is raining... but I love it! Oh we need the rain!

So no Spag and meatballs here last night.... Taco Bell! The meat I had bought was EWWW! Did not have any in the freezer... So last night was my easy night.. I made chicken and rice Tuesday!

I too am so glad to have been able to be home 13 years now. I stayed home when I was preg with # 3 mostly because it seemed cheaper than paying daycare for 3 kids and then # 4 came and I did not really want to leave babies.. I missed so much with first 2. WE made sacrifices and yes it has been worth it. I would like to find something PT while kids are in school or something. I think another paycheck would be glorious!

Today is my eight week mark!!! Wow I am amazed!! I know it would not have been so easy without all of you!

Rain is pounding I have to scoot animals into shelter.... Mrswillie I too will check back cuz i have ideas to add to the prunes!
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobtrue
i just heard on the news about a HUGE ice storm for Kansas and Neb. Its just North of me. 1 year ago today Missouri had a HUGE ice storm. Power outages were in hundred of thousands. I am like right on the border line. It is suppose to be 50 degrees here , but falling temps. tonight with a chance of freezing rain. Hope everyone is feeling well today. I have been very tired lately. I decorated the inside of my house for Christmas 2 days ago and am still feeling the punch
I will be thinking about all of you sisters with storms predicted and hope that it does not get too bad for you. Tina take it easy! Seems like you are always going a mile a minute. I wish I had your energy. Don't forget to rest some.

Take care!
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas4ever
Michelle I will be thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers. I hope it all goes well for you. Maybe they will let you use computer and you can check in with us? Do not forget they might move us! All the best for you! Take care of you!

Well I spoke too soon it is raining... but I love it! Oh we need the rain!

So no Spag and meatballs here last night.... Taco Bell! The meat I had bought was EWWW! Did not have any in the freezer... So last night was my easy night.. I made chicken and rice Tuesday!

I too am so glad to have been able to be home 13 years now. I stayed home when I was preg with # 3 mostly because it seemed cheaper than paying daycare for 3 kids and then # 4 came and I did not really want to leave babies.. I missed so much with first 2. WE made sacrifices and yes it has been worth it. I would like to find something PT while kids are in school or something. I think another paycheck would be glorious!

Today is my eight week mark!!! Wow I am amazed!! I know it would not have been so easy without all of you!

Rain is pounding I have to scoot animals into shelter.... Mrswillie I too will check back cuz i have ideas to add to the prunes!
Thanks Sas I will love to hear it. I am so glad you are able to enjhoy those sweet kids!! I am glad you did not eat that meat and get sick. Did you talk to the store that sold it to you? Listen to me, can't tear myself away from this board! LOL-- ok I will sign out now--and be back later
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Thanks mrswillie...i just have too much to do. I'm looking aorund the house just as if it was week three of my surgery and still ahve alot to do. Thats how I am, it drives my hubby crazy. I am always thinking weeks ahead and then I go into a frenzy. I am feeling good though. Everything seems to be working right. lol I still just get soooo tired if I attempt anything that takes longer than a couple of hours. i start back to work on Tues. 12-4-07. These past couple of weeks flew by. I hope everone else is feeling as good as I am. I just need to get into some kind of exercise routine. When I went to the doctors on Wed. last he gave me no limitations, I would love to get rid of this swelly belly. I also told him I have been having what seems to be hot flashes. All of a sudden I get red in the face and it almost feels like I have a fever, but I don't , and I need to put a cool wash cloth on my face. Is this what a hot flash feels. Like? He told me even thogh I kept my ovaries my body will start reacting to all kinds of things. Plus I am 46 and he said I am peri.
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM

Tina I was born and raised in Missouri. I remember lots of ice storms. I remember a couple of times our front and back doors were iced over and wouldn't open. Be careful. My doctor also told me I'm peri. I'm 45 and had been having mild post men symptoms before the surgery. I really haven't had too much in that area since surgery though. You do seem to have alot of energy. I'm am also feeling good. I'm pretty much back to my normal routine.

Jan, I hear you about missing the cuddling. I also have a 25 yr old DS who lives in Missouri with his wife and my GS. I miss him and when I'm doing things with my little ones, It often brings back memories of when he was little. I miss my GS too. He's 4 and I've only been able to see him a couple times a year.

sas we all must have some kind of telepathic connection. I think Jan had chicken and rice last night. I know what you mean about daycare expense. I don't think it would have payed for me to work with 3 kids in daycare. Most of the money would go for daycare and gas.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Unread 11-30-2007, 01:36 PM

I was born and raised here in Missouri too, so you never really know what to expect weather wise. I was born in St. Louis, and moved further west when I turned 8. I don't know what I will have for dinner this eve. I am pretty tired today for some reason. I lifted alot of boxes when i decorated the inside of the house yesterday. I need to try and get used to that for work. But I will listen to my body. And whenit says "sit down and rest " I will. Hopefully work will realize my tiredness. they will start me on 6 hr. days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register