2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 109 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-30-2007, 01:02 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi everybody,

Wow, you guys with young children at home, now there's a "full"time job. I think it's the reight way. I've always thought women (or men) who stay at home with their children should be paid by the government. I know, some people have no choice to leave their children in daycare, but if it was not a financial question, I think, most people would rather be at home with the little ones.

Jenn: glad to hear things are good at work - hope you can get some well deserved shuteye and dreamin' time.

Michelle: I don't know if this message wil reach you before you are gone...my thoughts are with you - take care.

Hyperhyster: Hi there. Meatpie is french canadian (tourtiere) and it's simply ground meat (pork and beef) with spices and fine diced potatoes. It's tradition at Christmas, so I guess I'm a little early on the holidays food!

Twobtrue: Ice storm!!!Yikes, I still tremble at the mere mention We had a real bad one (actually 3 days in a row) here in 1998 and we were the lucky ones with power failure for 7 days - real nice in january. Many people were out of power for a month!! Take care - stock on food and batteries and get shoe/boot grippy thingies.

sas4ever: Hi, we share same 8-week anni!! Doesn't time fly?

Jen: glad you found the site - hope you can locate the 20-minute video, it's more motivating to do.

Well - thanks for dinner suggestions, sometimes, I never know what to make. Rice and chicken for me will be homemade ch fried rice!

Talk to you all soon - May Hypnos and Morpheus (greeks god and goddess of sleep and dreams) be in your neighborhood tonite. mmmm...think I'll make some spanakopita!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 01:10 PM

wackadoo sorry to hear about your sleep troubles. I have been the same way. Absolutely exhuasted again today too, kink of worried about how I will hold up for my first day back to work.

Michelle I wish you lots of luck and my prayers will be with you. Take care we all hope to hear from you!

murphmuffin-I definately need to start a work out routine as well, the cancer scare has really got me wanting to get alot healthier than I am so I might just have to take a look at the website you gave. Thank you so much for the tip!

Well I seem to be in the path of this big storm and it just happens to be hitting on the day I'm supposed to go back to work. Maybe I will get an extra day off! LOL

I hope everyone is having a great day and stay safe everyone who is in the path of this storm!
Unread 11-30-2007, 01:15 PM

murphmuffin what a great idea you have for the stay at home mom's. I was a stay at home mom of 4, but I had to go back to work because we just couldn't make it on my DH's income alone--he also had had some heart issues, so there was a short time when he wasn't working as well. I sure miss being at home with them though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 01:50 PM

murphmuffin thanks for letting me know. It sounds delicious. I too, love your idea about stay at home moms. I also have alot of respect for women who do have to work. It can't be easy trying to juggle work, family, errands cleaning etc.

Tina I was born in St. Louis. I lived there until 1989 then I moved to Minnesota. Jan and I are having pizza. Hey ladies I think we should all make it pizza night. Easy dinner, easy clean up.

For you ladies who have gone back to work and are going back to work next week, I will say a special prayer that all will go well for you.
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:21 PM

Tina I think you are right I think that is a hot flash. I feel mine in my whole body not just the face, but basically same idea. I am glad to hear you do rest when you feel like you need to. I know we women have all pretty much been trained to keep on going through everything and sometimes it is hard for us to stop and take care of ourselves.

Linda I did find the video, but I printed my report because I don't have access to a computer where I can actually do the exercises. I love take out chicken fried rice but I have never made it at home. That sounds wonderful. Your idea about the SAHM's is wonderful there are countries that do that. It would be wonderful to have here but some people in this great country just don't value the truly important things.

Cindy I hope your pizza was good, it went over well here. My DH is off on his trip and my kids are allout, GD is sleeping in her crib upstairs. I wanted to watch Men In Trees and I was disappointed to see it was not on tonight! I think I am going to throw in some laundry and look to find a good movie.

I hope you ladies enjoy your evenings. I really hope we are visited by Hypnos and Morpheus....mmm and that brings us back to that spanakopita, yum!!
I will check in on you ladies and the storms tomorrow. Sweet Dreams
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Its raining here in California... constant drizzle, sprinkle. and a few downpours... So I made CHILI!!!! such the perfect cold weather dinner!
Oh I will be talking to the store Mrswillie it is a six pound pkg!!! I bought it at a warehouse store and with the rain I did not want to take crutch girl out and have her slipping and sliding all over. So I Stuck in the freezer until next week..

Okay mrswillie this is what got me regular.. Oatmeal with Ground flax seed and raisins or prunes. Fiber fiber fiber.... Try to get about 10 grams per meal if you are eating 3 times or break it into smaller meals of 5 grams>>>
Add spinach to any salad or sandwich I even throw a handful into canned soup! They have breads with anywhere from 3 to 6 grams per slice!!
I found pasta with fiber that the kids can't even tell... Dreamfields best one..Snacking? Edame..soy beans.. pop corn... Swear I am about as regular as I have ever been!

Trueblue Isnt peri time fun? I have mentioned before about soy milk helping my hot flashes... I love the silk choc soy milk! I really feel like they are gone and then I have one or I wake up with one and I realize I haven't drank any in awhile... I hope it will work for you.

Hyperhyster today I got down on my mat and did some stretching and some crunches. The swelly belly is a little swollen little tender but I can do it!!Well we will see how I feel tomorrow and the day after huh? I was doin 3 lbs with my arms then went to fives. Today I did a few with the tens and oh it hurts so good..

Murphmuffin Happy anni 2 u! Did you ever think you would make to the 8th week? OKay what is this Spanakopita?

Well I have to go dish up the chili apparently The lid on pan is too heavy for everyone but mom??

Have a great night all... To all my fellow insomniacs I wish U 6 hours in a row of uninterrupted heavenly sleep!!! I think 6 straight will do me!!!
Unread 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Sas
I am glad you are able to get it back to the store. Your poor DD I hope she is doing ok.

Thanks for the fiber advice. Today at the Walmart trip with DD I bought whole wheat bread that is 3 grams of fiber a slice. My DH bought me that sprinkle fiber when he went to the store last. He told me to put it in my cereal, drinks etc. I have prunes I have been eating, and raisins, and salad, and canned fruit, and popcorn. I have never tried edamame but I will put it on the list. Michelle told me dairy is bad, but I have not given up my cheese yet! I hope that one day I will be in as good of shape as you in this department!!

You have not had spanakpoita? You must get to a Greek restaurant and enjoy this fabulous dish. It is a pie with a crust of phyllo and a filinf of cheese, spinach, and onions. It really is delicous.

Good for you with the weights, and stretching and all. I am really ready for my clearance. My DH has been so patient but I really want to know that I can do things without thinking about every little thing anymore! Oh well it will pass like you said 8 weeks are gone twelve be here before we know it.

I hope Hypnos and Morpheus grant your wish for the 6 hours!
Sleep well.
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:04 AM

Not as much freezing rain here as predicted. And it is suppose to turn over to all rain by mid day with the temp. reaching 47 degrees. Hope everyone is feeling well today. I think we are going to put the tree up today. Not much to do outside. It takes a good 8-10 hours to put up my tree, I have probably over 300 ornaments. have a good day. Tina
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:52 AM

Good morning ladies!

It's snowing! The winds are gusty. Now they are saying up to a foot by tomorrow morning. We'll see. My DS has a basketball tournament, dh is supposed to take the kid's to his office for lunch with Santa and we have a Christmas business dinner to go to tonight.

Sas, chili does sound good. A good winter meal. I love it with corn bread and a cold glass of milk. Wow, that's great that you're exercising. I haven't even started exercising. I've never been one to be on an exercise regime, so I'm not really sure what to do. I have a couple of power core videos. I don't know if they are too intense to start out.

Jan the pizza was fabulous. Glad yours was too. I hope you found a good movie to watch. I also hope you got a good nights sleep.

Tina you're lucky your weather turned around. Have fun putting up your tree. I have alot of ornaments, but no where near 300. Don't wear yourself out.

Well I will check in later.
Unread 12-01-2007, 10:38 AM

Good morning ladies hope everyone had a good nights sleep. I finally did get about 6 hours straight. Feeling wonderful today!

It was supposed to be my first day back to work but thanks to the bad weather they gave us out of town employees liberal leave. One more day for me. We didn't get alot of snow but it has been freezing rain all day so the roads are pretty bad.

Tina good luck with the tree decorating sounds like alot of work 300 ornaments wow, must be a beautiful tree.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register