2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I have surgical tape on my four stab wombs (thats what I call it) andwill not remove them until I go to my Dr. in 5 weeks. He never told me to remove them but to be careful when I shower. I had a little itching a couple of days ago in just one but nothing since. I would ask my dr. about it. I fee great also and wonder if we can get out at this time for a little grocery shopping or to Church. Has anyone done this after one week of surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:18 AM

My surgery was October 3, and it is sure nice to see my belly shrinking. I have dropped 10 pounds without even trying. Surgery was LAVH. Uterus was very large, and had prolapsed. No problems with swelling, only problems with overactive bladder (they couldn't do bladder suspension during the original surgery do to blood loss). I feel wonderful, and wish I would have done this a long time ago.
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace07
What do you do for itchiness? Where my bruising was before below my incision is now gone; however the itchiness is enough to beat the band. I try not to itch it, but it sends me into orbit. I'd hate to say, but the pain is somewhat easier to deal with than the itchiness. Do any of you have any suggestions what to do?
Can relate for sure with the itchiness. I have applies aloe (Natural) to the whole belly area and belly. I just got my staples remove so I have to make sure it stays dry. It certainly helps to massage with aloe for a BM. It feels great. Hang in there, it gets better with time.
New begin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan C
I have surgical tape on my four stab wombs (thats what I call it) andwill not remove them until I go to my Dr. in 5 weeks. He never told me to remove them but to be careful when I shower. I had a little itching a couple of days ago in just one but nothing since. I would ask my dr. about it. I fee great also and wonder if we can get out at this time for a little grocery shopping or to Church. Has anyone done this after one week of surgery?
Joan,
I went to the grocery store (dh drove) on day 4 after surgery. It was fine, I felt fine, just tired in the afternoon. Sounds like you had lapriscopic surgery and that you are healing well.
I feel great as well, I feel lucky I can actually enjoy my time off.
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labgal67
My surgery was October 3, and it is sure nice to see my belly shrinking. I have dropped 10 pounds without even trying. Surgery was LAVH. Uterus was very large, and had prolapsed. No problems with swelling, only problems with overactive bladder (they couldn't do bladder suspension during the original surgery do to blood loss). I feel wonderful, and wish I would have done this a long time ago.
Wow! how do you lose 10 lbs so quickly? I am jelous I have lost aprox 2 lbs. One would think the large uterus and fibroids would account for that, but what about the seemingly endless days of little or no food...geez I had to ask for Jello in the hospital!
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:20 AM

I was on a regular diet on day 2 after the surgery. By Sunday, I was completely mobile, and felt wonderful. I don't do any heavy lifting, but I do take a leisurely walk each day. (no brisk walking, just slow steady walk). I walk about 30 minutes each day. I eat 3 meals each day, and drink water and fruit juice. (I was already doing this before the surgery though). Anway, I think I was just carrying around a bunch of dead weight with that enlarged uterus, and I think it was causing me to retain water terribly, so lots of bloating.
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallaLilly
Joan,
I went to the grocery store (dh drove) on day 4 after surgery. It was fine, I felt fine, just tired in the afternoon. Sounds like you had lapriscopic surgery and that you are healing well.
I feel great as well, I feel lucky I can actually enjoy my time off.
I had a LAVH/BSO and feel that all is going well. I think that I will start walking outside when the weather is better. It is raining today. I usually walk at least 4 miles each morning. I miss it alot.
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Went for post-op with Doctor

Well I went to have my staples removed, didn't even hurt , I was so afraid it would. The doctor was a lil concerned about the amount of bruising I have, not unusual to have some, but I guess I have more than I should.
then he told me he wants me in bed resting!! I've been doing too much (don't know how he knew that, i wasn't complaining at all) hmmm...
When he examined my belly, he thinks i may have some "blood pockets" that will go away on their own, and i need to back to him in 1 week. ALL of my labs came back CLEAN!!

The discharge nurse at the told me i could walk up and down stairs all i wanted???
I really questioned this, from all the info from this site, I was under the impression stairs was a no-no?? So i was going up and down a couple times a day, Doctor flipped out and ordered me to bed, only getting up when I absolutely have to. So back to bed for me!! And it stinks, i didn't eat all day yesterday, till hubby got home.

My left side is very sore, but only when I get up out of bed or attempt to lay back down, Otherwise evrything else is going great!!
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:04 PM

I had my tah last Friday 5th. I opted for a morphine pump (over an epidural) and had that and a catheter in until Sunday night. Dr wanted me to stay in hospital until Wed, but I was desperate to get home so she let me out on Tuesday morning. All the hospital staff were fantastic tho, they looked after me really well.
I have been feeling really down, crying on and off all the time and generally feeling really bad.
Wednesday I had to go back to have my stitches taken out. I was lying on the bed, tensing up for the pain, when the nurse said she had finished! There was nothing to it! She said my wound is healing up nicely.
Then I saw the Dr and had another good cry with her. She gave me some stronger painkillers and told me to take two before I went to bed last night.
I couldn't believe it when I woke up this am. I had the best nights sleep I've had since my diagnosis three weeks ago. I still feel a little uncomfortable (but much better now the stitches are out) and I've hardly cried at all today.
I have been having hot flashes, probably two or three a day.
Windy pains haven't been too bad, but I have been drinking lots of peppermint tea, which seems to help.
After my scan my cancer was upgraded to a 1b. The dr expects to get my lab reports back on Friday so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Unread 10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Wow What a Week !

Surgery was Oct. 4th And check in was the only thing that went well. TAH but left overies
After getting settled in pre op,my mil and 2 friends stayed with me,,dh had to go to work My doctor and all the other staff came in and we got ready to go to surgery. Like all of you I remember getting on the table and then kind of waking up in recovery. That was about all I remember of that day.
Seems at some point I started bleeding internaly and if it weren't for my doctor and the awasome staff keeping such a close eye on me I might not have made it.
My b/p was as low as 50/30 and my pluse was 155.They gave me 3 units of blood and and ultrasound trying to find the bleed but couldn't see it. All this time I was in and out of it. I rememeber my dh getting and ask for ice and that's about it. It took most of the day trying to find the bleed. I went for a CT and and then back in to surgery around 9pm that night. It seems the little trouble maker was on the back side of my bladder.
I think I got back to my room around 10:30pm and by the next morning I had 2 more units of blood but every time someone came to see me they would say how nice it was to see color in my face. LOL
So I spent 3 days in the castle moving my way up the food list Got to love the liquid diet,not.
Sense I've gotting home things have gone pretty text book.Sleep and eat for the first 3 days,took a shaower the afternoon of the 3rd day and came back to life. AAhhh Today everything is back to normal,I can even walk around with out my belly pillow!!!
Thank you all for your thought and prayers ,I'm glad I found this sister hood !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register