2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 111 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:28 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

mrswillie so sorry you are having so many problems still with the sleep. I used to have a tea called Sleep. It is one of the most calming wonderful tasting tea and always helped me get a good nights sleep. I think it is available at stores like Walmart. Not sure I haven't had the money to go look for it myself. Tomorrow will be my first day at work too since the storm let me stay home on Saturday, I wish you lots of luck on your first day back. I am a little nervous on how I will be able to handle the whole day after being gone for so long too, but sure after it is over I will say, what was I worried about? =)

Taking the DD's (3) and DS for pictures today, so tons of stuff to do. Have a great day everyone. Will check in again soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2007, 04:56 PM

Hello All

I have been quite busy here. I made chili, did the laundry, did a bunch of sewing, dishes, got everything packed up for work tomorrow and now I am watching my sweet little GD. I am tired now though. It is going to be tv for the rest of the night here!

Lisa roast sounds great! I hope you got all those chores done and had some time left for yourself. Nikkic was your tea called sleepytime or sleep? I have sleepytime but I have never seen sleep. You are probably right about work. I hope that is how it goes for both of us, just a smooth transition. I hope your kids photos turn out well. Those are always so cute and such great memories!

Hope you are all having a good evening! I'll check back later~~Jan
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM

Ok Ladies, I am really sore tonight, even after resting in front of the tv for the last few hours. I am off to bed in hopes of sleep before my first big day back at work tomorrow.

I hope we all get good sleep and that you all enjoy your day tomorrow. I will check in after work!!

Good night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 10:03 AM

Hi all!

Sorry I'm just now checking in. We went to the tree farm yesterday and got our tree. On the way there we were all in a festive mood, had Christmas music of the radio and all of a sudden we hit a patch of ice. Our van started to spin, and we veered over into the oncoming lane. Thankfully there wasn't any oncoming traffic and my dh was able to get in under control quickly. The whole thing only lasted 3 seconds, but it was so scary. I kept thinking what would have happened to us if there would have been oncoming traffic. The Lord was definitely with us. After that horrible incident, we went on to the tree farm. We had a great time! By the time we got home and got it in the stand and put lights on it was late. The kids and I are going to decorate it when they get home from school. My dh is out of town until Thursday. He was in a hurry this morning and forgot to get my tree ornaments out of storage. I'll have to have my old DS use his muscles and take them out.

Jan I'm so sorry about your key incident. I know that had to be frustrating especially since you were tired and just wanted to go home. I'm glad you found the keys. I agree with the others, I wouldn't worry about the discharge. I still have yellow discharge off and on. By all means though, call your dr if you need to. Good luck at work today. I'll be thinking about you. Just take it one day at a time. Maybe you will be tired enough at the end of the day that you will be able to sleep. Maybe have a glass of baileys again if you think that might help.

nikkic I hope your pics turn out great!

Lisa I love the smell of roast cooking on a cold winter day. I hope the cleaning went well and you didn't wear yourself out.

murphmuffin it has been a nice family tradition. The kids really enjoy it. Even though I hate the cold, I enjoy it as well. Did you get the snow? We are supposed to get 2-3 more inches tomorrow.

Unique I hope your cough is better today.

Well ladies I'm following suit here. Making chili and cornbread tonight.

I'll be thinking of all you ladies going back to work this week.

Take care and have a great day!
Cindy
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Hello ladies!!

I had a pleasant suprise today. Apparently my doctor's office sent the release fax and told my supervisor I should ease back in with half days. So I will be half days all this week! I feel better to have the first day done. I think I got myself organized today and tomorrow I will go back to counseling. It was not as bad getting up and getting off as I thought it was going to be. I guess as they say old habits die hard!

Cindy what an experience. I am so thankful your guardian angels must have been nearby and your family is allright. I am glad that you were able to have such a wonderful day after that fright. I hope your DH has a safe trip and your tree trimming goes well.

My DH is back from his trip and is happy that it went well. We are going to finish the chili tonight, but this time I will add macaroni and have chili mac.

I called the doctor, just to put my mind at ease and was surprised when they told me they wanted me to come in. So I have to be there at 3:15. I am glad this has happened to you all though, so I am not so worried going in there. I had not had any yellow before this. I think I am late at just about everything in this whole healing process. I know I am still pretty sore. Yesterday I was reading a book to my little GD and she moved to get up and elbowed me in the left side abs and I jumped, it was actually still really quite sore there in the spot she hit.

Well I hope everyone is having a good day, especially those ladies that headed back to work. I also hope you are feeling better Debbie.

Have a great day. I'll check back later.
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Jan I am so happy for you to have half days of your first week. It is so nice that you can have this week to ease back in to your work. I hope all goes well with your appt.
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Well, I finished my tree and it looks beautiful, as all Christmas trees do. I go back to work tomorrow. I have to be there at 7 a.m. I'm looking forward to it, ans when Italked to my boss he said they have me scheduled for 40 hours this week as usual, but if I need to leave early and only do as much as I can I have that choice, I am a little scared I haven't been through my departments since the beginning of this journey, so it will be like starting a new job and getting to know where everything is all over agin. Tomorrow will just be a merchandising day and getting familiar wiht what I have missed. I will try and check in tomorrow, if I don't it is because I am sleeping. lol Thanks to all.I am feeling really good health wise. Except for the belly be sensitive to the touch. I will wear a walkie talkie at work tomorrow in case I need to do any heavy lifting and call on someone else. They cancelled on of my trucks this week, so that was a good thing. I will try and check in later, I am going to take a small nap before my great hubby comes home. God Bless. Tina
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:58 PM

Hello girls!! Hope everyone is healing well!! I've been at my new job for the last 2 weeks and other the normal stress that comes with changing jobs- I made the transition without any problem. As I have since day 1 I feel great- I wish I'd had the surgery a long time ago!! I feel mentally and physically more energized and haven't had a migraine in the 2 months since the hyster!!!! Hope this finds everyone healthy and ready to face the Christmas rush!! Staci
Unread 12-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Hi ladies,

Well my appointment went fine. The doctor swabbed to check for infection. There was no yeast, and just a few cells that could be the start of a bactererial infection. He did not see granualtion tissue. He thinks it is coming from my stitches which are not cmpletely gone still! He did give me some meds in case it worsen I should use the meds. I am just glad to know it is not a problem. Thanks again for your wonderful support ladies!!

I hope your chili was good Cindy, and I hope your tree is up and you are not too exhausted.

Tina sounds like your hard work has paid off. I hope your first day tomorrow goes well. I am pretty tired right now and I only did half of a non physical day! Well, maybe I will sleep good tonight!

Nice to hear from you Staci. I am glad things are going well for you.

Well ladies I am going to relax a bit. I hope you have a good evening!!
Unread 12-03-2007, 05:46 PM

Cindy, I'm glad that everyone stayed safe with hitting the patch of ice. That happened to us once and was terrifying.
Jan, I'm glad that you are starting back to work slowly and that you also had a good day.
I worked all day today and I'm beat. It's going to be a long week. The leaves around here are really falling and I need to work on the yards tomorrow.
DH and ds are both working tonight so I have the house all to myself. I think I'll just relax and do nothing
Have a great evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register