2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 113 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Cindy, so sorry to hear about your scary incident but glad to hear everyone is OK.

suki glad you are back. I have to go see an oncologist on Jan 2nd to find out if I will need radiation due to the cancer they found on my uterus. I have been nervous about it myself, please let me know how it goes for you.

mrswillie more we have in common-I am just now noticing alot of stitches falling out recently healing is very slow for me as well. I was glad to hear you are having better luck with sleep. Oh and the tea was called just Sleep. Sorry I have not been able to go out and see if I could find it myself.

Well my first day back to work went great. I was absolutely exhausted at the end of the day, but was glad to be back. Until this morning. I woke up crying and could not stop. I have also started having anxiety attacks. Could not get up and go to work this morning. Went to family dr and he said I have only been on the effexor for a week and it can take up to a month for it to actually start doing any good or to see if it will even work for me. I have to deal with the anxiety and depression until we find the right dose and the right medicine and have been informed that it may take months. Oh boy---in for the long hall.

Nice to hear everyone getting their trees up. The kids and I did ours the day after Thanksgiving. We had to go get a new tree top because I broke our star trying to get it to stay on top of the tree. So now we have a beautiful fiberoptic angel on our tree. It is our most beautiful tree yet.

Have a great day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM

Jan,
I agree about that your legs might have nerve problem but I would also look at seeing if you have a pinched nerve. Chiopractors are great for help with that.
Well my cough is so much better. thanks for the concern.
We have freeky weather this fall/ winter weather.
first in october we had high winds up to 75 mph I have a plastic sturdy playhouse that was blown to my neighbors yard with lots of trees going down on houses which is not normal for us. I had to ask a neighbor to take in my umbrella on my table in the yard since I couldn't lift it safely right after my surgery.
Currently we had about 6 inches of snow on saturday which is totally gone. The weather turned to extreem flooding. I live in Washington state and we see rain and some snow but its pretty mild.
Last night we had flash flooding in two area. Last night they said that in Chehalis which is a small town close to the capital they were going to have 5 inches on rain over the main freeway. they had to do airlifting evacuations last night. The winds got up to 130mph.
I hope things calm down soon there for them.
Stay safe ladies.
Debbie
Unread 12-04-2007, 02:31 PM

well, today was my first day back at wor. I went in at 7 a.m. and only lasted until about 11:30. I needed to fill my toy deoartment and did alot of lifting and climbing upstairs and ladders. It really did me in. i told them I was leaving and they said they understood and knew it would take me awhile to get up and going. i go in tomorrow at 10:00a.m. and will probably only stay until 2 or 3 p.m. I ache all over because I haven't moved some of these muscles in a long time. I'm thinking about taking a long hot bath in a minute. I just wanted to touch base. I hope everyone going back to work takes it easy, and have understanding bosses like I do. Have a good evening. Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Hi Ladies,

Gee I missed you guys last week.

I think I am starting to get a little depressed, I see the doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks. I am not really in the mood to do anything.
This si very unusual for me I am never a bah humbug kinda person I love this time of year. Oh Well maybe I will snap out of it. I don't have any kids but my husband has 3 and we have 5 grandkids, they are his kids but my grandkids and the twins live down the block form me and are at my house all the time. I may end up putting up a little tree but I am not so sure yet, I want to see how I feel once the radiation gets going, I am thinking now about taking th estuff down when I am not feeling so grat and that is what is making me lean towards no tree.

Nikki, I went for the planning session wiht the radiology oncologist yeatrerday and they marked me up and took some scans, the marks are already fading and they dont start treatment until Friday, I guess they will need to remark it all by then. They told me to take a shower but only let the water hit the back of me, can you imagine going 8 weeks without wetting the front of your body. I have lines and circles and Xs all over my pelvic area, it looks like a treasure chest map.

Well need to go check on my dinner in the oven, I will check in later....
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:37 PM

Suki, my prayers are with you I hope everything goes well for you. I would definately suggest talking to your doctor about the depression, I did feel a little better after talking to mine today. Take care.
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:51 PM

I did here from the doctor and this is the email i recieved from him this morning

Hi Jenn: Actually, it sounds like you may be getting some pain and what we term 'paresthesia' into the legs likely secondary to a lower back disc problem, possibly a bulging disc which can exert pressure over the nerves exiting the lower back. Though the symptoms seem to be worse with seated posture, you can get some relief of pain by spending time, at least three to four times daily, laying on the stomach, doing upper body press-ups or lower back extension stretching. If symptoms fail to resolve with this, then we should see you in the office over the next few days or so. If you have any questions, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.

so for now i will try the strecches and see if that helps.
Unread 12-04-2007, 04:03 PM

Hi

Debbie. My legs are ok. I meant Jenn's legs when I was talking about a nerve. I hope you stay safe and dry out ther. Congrats to you for asking for help with the umbrella instead of risking hurting yourself!!

Tina I am really glad you listened to your body. I am exhausted after 1/2 day at a non physical job. I feel for you sisters with physical jobs! I would take advantage of those shortened day as longas you can and ease back in.

Nik I am glad to know there is somebody that has had a similar healing experience. I am glad work went well and I hope you are able to rest tonight. Your angel sounds beautiful. Hang in there with those panic attacks. The meds will kick in~~I hope soon! Have you tried some relaxation methods, like deep breathing, warm baths, journaling, relaxation tapes, visualization? Combined with the meds they may help, can't hurt anyway! Thanks for letting me know about the tea.

Cindy crockpot beef and gravy sounds good!

Suki the little tree might be a good compromise. You can have the decorations for the kids and just throw the whole thing in storage in January. I would not hesitate to tell the docotr about your nervousness and suspicion of depression. I know these must be common feelings he/she encounters during these treatments and will probably know just what to tell you to do to help. You know we are here for you any time you need to vent!!

Oops my timer just went off! Time to take the chicken out--more later
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Jenn I hope those stretches work for you.

Suki maybe when you start the treatments the nurses will have some shower care tips for you. Mine had a lot of hints after the hyster so maybe yours will have some helpful stuff after the tr. Have you posted on the cancern concerns forum or done a search to see if any sisters have any advice about it? I bet you could get some good hints here. The wonderful hyster sisters usually come through!
Unread 12-05-2007, 05:18 AM

Good Morning ladies!

Not quite as good of a night last night. I guess the spell hasn't been completely broken. It will be interesting to see how the day goes when starting out hitting a wall of fatigue! I imagine with it being Wednesday that alot of us that are back to work this week are waking up dragging. I will be thinking of you today and wishing you well.

I will check in later.
:letsnow:
Unread 12-05-2007, 06:18 AM

Good morning ladies

We got another 5 in. of snow yesterday. Tomorrow is my DD's birthday, so I have to venture out to get her birthday gift. I'm a bit nervous after our incident on Sunday. We live in a small town so I have to drive about 20 miles to shopping.

nikkic I'm sorry you are having these problems. Hang in there. Hopefully you will get the meds straightened out soon and you will be feeling much better.

Unique I'm glad your cough is better. Boy, you have been having some crazy weather.

Tina you are lucky your work is so understanding. Take it slow and try to only work as much as you feel you can until you get back into the swing of things.

Suki I'm sorry to hear your dealing with depression. I hope your dr will be able to help you today. Let us know.
I will be praying for you as you start your treatment.

Jenn I hope the stretches help.

Jan I'm sorry you didn't sleep as well last night. I hope you won't be too tired and I hope you can rest when you get home.

I hope everyone has a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register