2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 117 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-08-2007, 04:12 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

I am so late posting today because my husbands 2 sisters came to visit. It is a 3 hour drive for them and it is sleeting so they just left. It was a very nice visit.

We had a huge lunch. My MIL made chicken noodle soup, bread, and had tons of baked goodies. So I am not all that hungry, but since my kids are we are having rigatoni for dinner.

Cindy, I hope you have a good time at the parties. I hope you and Sas both get some rest and feel better next week.

Sas I was beat last night, but I did get some sleep and I am feeling much better today. I have to finish my laundry this weekend, but that is about it so I will be taking it easy. Because even half days of working I was beat by 2:00. I have been slepping better most nights, but no where near my post op sleep. it is kind of weird, even if I sleep for a few hours it is not normal sleep it is sort of like a lighter sleep that every little thing can be heard and wakes me. But any sleep is some progress for me, so I am happy with what i get!

Nikkic I am glad to hear from you. I hope time passes quickly for you and DH gets home safely. I know what you mean about the pigsty! That is one of my biggest beefs is how bad the house gets and then spend all my weekend free time cleaning it up. AAARRRGGGHHH!!

Lisa I am glad your DS is better. I hope you get your decorations finished. Good for you on the flu shot. This is the first year since 1998 I have not gotten one. By the time I got around to it my county was out.

Well I need to get at that supper. I'll check back later!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 08:37 AM

Hi All!

It is so dark here that I had a difficult time waking up this morning. Felt tired and groggy.

I am going to make ham and bean soup today. I still have to finish that laundry. I am going to try to talk Dh into getting that tree up so my DD and I can decorate it. I don't know how that will go but we shall see.

Well I better get started on that laundry. I hope you all are having a good day!
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:46 AM

mrswillie I am doing laundry today too. Yuck. =) It is dark and cloudy here today too. We have about 4-5 new inches of snow on top of the 3 that we already had. So everything is white and gray outside. Hopefully our days will brighten up! Good luck with the tree and try taking it easy with the laundry, I know easier said than done. =)

Feeling pretty good today all in all. I have a little side pain after yesterdays excursions, but nothing I can't handle without the pain meds, yay! Hoping I still feel this good during the work week.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 10:47 AM

Good morning everyone,

Hyper and Sas: hope you guys are getting over that nasty coughing.

Nikkic, I think your weather is heading our way.

Suki: Glad to hear about your tree decorating, sounds like you’re having a good time.

Mmmm you guys with the Italian Christmas feasts, oh and Jan thanks for the ham and scalloped potatoes – just hit the right spot with me and we’ll have that for dinner tonight.

Well, it was 9 weeks on Friday for me. I can say I feel much improvement. I notice my tummy isn’t swollen in the evening any more. Doing my regular housework, but at my own pace. I still have a hard time getting out of bed and off the sofa, but with time, it will improve I’m sure. Even after busier days, I don’t have the pins and needles sensation. I do still get that spastic feeling in the morning when I wake up, where my middle wants to stretch without my approval, but hope that will pass in time also. 1 more week before I go back to work, I took some vacation credit, so I think I’ll try to do some cross country skiing this week, only flat surface and short excursions to start. It’s going to be tough going back to work, I’m so used to having a nap whenever I feel tired, which is often. Well for today, I’ll just pickup some groceries and do some ironing – my turn Jan, I haven’t touched it for a while. I’ll be alone this afternoon, so that will be nice.

Happy decorating Lisa and Jan and a good Sunday to you all!
Unread 12-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Good Evening,

It's cold and raining here in NJ it would be a perfect night to wrap gifts if I really felt like doing that, instead i am going to veg out in front of the TV and find a movie to watch.

Well ladies, the tree is up and it looks good, the kids had a ball, the candy canes were all in one spot and there was not a lot of stuff higher than 4 feet off the ground but we rebalnced it and it looks adorable. I didn't realize I had so many old ornaments, I haven't seen mot of them for years.

Tuesday we are taking the kids into NYC to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall, we have had these tickets since early August, hopefully it will stop raining by then and we can walk around and look at the decorated windows at Saks, Lord & Taylor and Macy's. We may have to stop in St Patricks Cathedral this year, we haven't done tha tin a while. I used to work in NYC and took all of its splendor for granted now its a treat to go in and be a "tourist" rather than a worker rushing around. I must say I love working from home and I wouldn't want to commute ever again but I miss the city and all it has to offer.

Well wish me luck I get my first radiation treatment tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how it goes, they told me it will be just like having an xray done, we shall see.
Unread 12-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well the day did not wok out quite as planned. My son has a raging flu or virus of some sort. His legs are aching, he has a cough, and he is vomiting all day. It just hit him around noon. I know he is an adult, but you know how it is when they are still home they revert to being little kids when they are sick!

We got the tree and the ornaments up to the living room. At least that is something! My DH says he will put up the tree and the star while I am at work tomorrow. Then DD and I can take our time putting up ornaments whenever and he will bring the boxes down when we are finished.

I am glad I made a big batch of soup today because now I am afraid of who will get sick next. I hate to think like that, but once it is in the house it usually spreads around.

Nik I finally finished the laundry! I hope you are done too. I am planning on relaxing in front of Lifetime when I finish on the computer.

Linda ironing, unfortunately a necessary evil, I hope it went fast. I hope your dinner was yummy. That is great that you will have a little time to ski and enjoy your final week of leave. I am not quite at your point in recovery but I am getting there. I still get pain but not as bad. I am doing all my cooking and cleaning except mopping and vacuuming, but I too am going at an easier pace.

Suki your tree sounds beautiful. Your Rockettes excrsion sounds fantastic. I have never been to NYC. I bet it is amazing. What do you do for a living? I envy you ladies that work from home sounds wonderful. Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. When you feel like it please give us and update we want to be with you on your journey every step of the way!! Remeber we will all be sending you healing vibes~~~~~

Wishes for an enjoyable restful evening to all!!
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:50 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Well so far so good. My shower has me perked up and almost ready to head out into the cold blast.

No big dinner plans today. We are having a kids favorite hot dogs, beans, and biscuits. My DH sometimes like to eat a couple of the meals that were his boy scout favorites!

I am really hoping DH has that tree put up when I get home~I guess we will see later. DS still not feeling well. I think he should call off school and work but he has not done it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed to stay healthy. I guess only time will tell about that too.

Suki you are in my thoughts and prayers today. Good luck and Be strong. Remember we are here for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you all later,
Jan
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:08 AM

Good morning!

Saturday went well. The kids had a good time at their party and dh and I had an enjoyable dinner party. Sunday we went to church. I was exhausted from Saturday so after church we all just lazed around. We went to Arbys for dinner. My house is a mess and I haven't done laundry all weekend. Today is my volunteer day to work hot lunch at school. This afternoon and evening are basketball games. I have to work concessions and then watch DS basketball game, then my daughter has dance. I still have a touch of something. It's more like a sinus infection and a slight cough.

Jan I'm glad you had a nice visit with you SIL's. I'm sorry your DS is sick. I hope he feels better soon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that noone catches it. I hope you will be surprised with the tree up when you get home. Have a good day at work.

sas I hope your cough is better.

Suki I'm glad you had a good time with the tree. What fun you have planned for Tuesday. It sounds like a nice day. Good luck today with your radiation treatment. I'll be thinking of you.

Murph glad your feeling better. Be careful skiing.

Nikkic I hope you were able to get your laundry done.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM

Whew, busy day for you Cindy! I hope you will be able to rest tonight, especially with the bug you have got.

Take care of yourself, and don't worry about that housework it will be there waiting for you whenever you get to it, unfortunately!

Have a good day!!
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:49 AM

Thanks Jan! It will be an early night for me I'm sure. You are right about the housework. Hopefully I will have a quiet day tomorrow and I can catch up on the house and laundry. I hope that you will have a good day at work. I'm sure you will be tired after your first full day. Good idea having a simple dinner. I hope you will also find time to rest this evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register