2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 121 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-13-2007, 09:49 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies!

We are supposed to have strong winds and cold temps later this afternoon. We haven't had snow for awhile, looks like maybe next week. I have to fill in for someone this morning at school hot lunch. I am the leader for my DD Sunbeam troop at school. We are having a Christmas tea party tonight. A friend of mine is my co-leader. We are going to dress up with the girls. It should be fun. We are having a "whatever" night for supper. I do that sometimes when I have something to do and I won't have much time to cook. The kids like it because they can whatever they want within reason. Sometimes I'll get off easy when they just want cereal and toast.

Jan sorry to hear your GD was sick again last night. It's too bad her father didn't follow instructions in her best interest. I'm so glad to hear you slept well last night and that you had a nice dinner. I hope you have a good day at work. The weekend is just around the corner.

Tina I hope you will find some time to see your dr. next week. I'm worried about you since you are still have some spotting.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2007, 11:00 AM

I hope you all stay safe, dry and warm! The storms sound scary.I would not want to be without electricity in the cold. WE usually only lose power when it is real hot and everyone overuses their air conditioning...Brrr I can't imagine having power outage in that kind of cold!

Suki thanks for the prayer... I hope you are still feeling good.. AS always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan I hoping GD gets better soon.. not a fun couple of nights for you.. I know what u mean about the exhaustion.. WE had german food last night too! der weinersnitchel! My yummy 15 bean soup was consumed only by DH and #1 DS... Took other kids to dentist #2 son was in the chair for 2 and !/2 hours with an emergency root canal.. So I had to drive thru we were all starved! upside... no cavities for #2 DD!
So I drop #2DS at school after dentist.. drop his prescription.. go home.. go pick up prescription... Take #2 DD to urgent care.. knee pain.. needed note for P.E... #1 DS meanwhile has left house... DH leaves to pick up #2 DS and turns out #2 DD is left home alone! Luckily I did not discover until I was 5 minutes from home.. She is 10 but she is my baby!! Ya things are back to normal!

Cindy I have one to fold. One in the dryer... one in the wash and I think maybe one load of towels!!! Isn't that sad to think that is where i get my joy when my laundry is complete... for one day if I am lucky.... Glad your cough is getting better.. I bought a bunch of cough drops at the pharmacy last night. Hoping those will help. I have to try the vicks tonight! I love the whatever nights!! I usually do those when DH is not going to be home for dinner. Have fun at your christmas tea party!

I have a lb and a half of ground turkey... any ideas? I am thinking maybe tacos...

Everyone have a great day and a relaxing evening!!
Unread 12-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Hi ladies,

Gd stayed home with my DH today after DD left for work, but she is feeling better. I had a looong day at work because for some reason I have an awful headache and it is making me not feel very good.

Scrapper your DD's photo sounds cute.

Cindy I am ready for the weekend! I am glad it is just one more day. I am glad to be back at work but tnot being up to par it still wears me down. Your tea party sounds like such fun! I was a girl scout leader for 5 years when my oldest DD was little. That party sounds right up my alley. What group are sunbeams associated with? I have not heard of them before. With my headache it is going to be a leftover night here too. If I don't feel better it may be soup and toast for me too.

Sas You have been a busy bee. Root canals are not fun. I hope your DS is not too sore. How is your DD's knee? Always something with kids isn't it? You are so lucky to be able to see the joy in laundry. I just get frustrated by it because I can never cross it off the list. As soon as it is finished there is more in it's place! Turkey tacos, turkey meatloaf, meat sauce for pasta, tater tot casserole, just a couple things that sound good to me off the top of my head. i am sure whatever you make will be delicous!!

My head is splitting think I am going to hit the couch.

TTYL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2007, 08:50 PM

Wow I don't post for a couple of days and I miss a whole bunch! Feeling much better today! I had my 10 wk post op and dr said I am healing nicely now. I do not have to go back until February! Yeah!

Had the day off today. My oldest DD had her Christmas concert tonight. It was wonderful. Took the 3 little ones with to watch and everyone had a blast, and of course I got to take lots of pictures.

mrs willie glad to hear your gd is getting better. Also glad to hear you are sleeping better, I hope that continues for you. I had a great nights sleep last night first one over 5 hrs for a long time.

suki I was glad to hear that your treatments are going OK, I am praying that you stay feeling well. The prayer was a wonderful thought thank you and I am also glad that you all had a good time in the city.

sas I really hope you start to feel better soon and are able to see your doctor too.

laundry is a neverending chore too. I have it all done one day and that same night I have at least two more.

Well ladies I'm off for now am absolutely exhausted tonight, hopefully that means another good night of sleep!
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi everyone!

The tea party was so much fun. My DD and I had a great time getting dressed before the party. The girls all looked so cute.

Jan I'm sorry you have a headache. I hope you were able to rest tonight and your headache goes away. I can imagine resuming a full work schedule takes time to get used to. I hope it will get easier with time. The sunbeams are K-2. They are associated with the Lutheran Girl Pioneers through our school. They are very similar to girls scouts. The sunbeams would be equivalent to brownies. The one difference is our Pastor gives a short kid friendly devotion before each meeting and we end each meeting with a prayer. It has a bit more of a christian flavor to it. We do alot of fun things. In February we are going to Build a Bear workshop. I hope you are able to sleep well tonight.

Sas it seems we have similar lives. I do laundry almost everyday and my basket is only empty for a couple hours at the most. Wow you had a busy day! I hope your DS is feeling o.k. after the root canal. My cought seems worse tonight. I still haven't picked up the vicks. If you use it tonight, let me know how it worked for you.

nikkic I'm glad your appt. went well and that you all had a nice time at the Christmas concert.

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:55 AM

Gee I don't sing on for one day and I miss so much, we are a talkative bunch that is for sure.

Sas this it to late for your ground turkey this time around but here is a great recipe for ground meat...this is a weight watcher recipe but no one can tell. I love to cook so I have loads of recipes in case you are looking for something different to make. I leave the pepper out since I like them but they dont like me.

Turkey Eggplant Casserole

1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 large chopped onion
3 garlic cloves minced
1 large eggplant cubed
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 Red Pepper diced
3/4 cup breadcrumbs ( can subsitute oatmeal or shredded wheat)
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup grated cheese (can use shredded FF mozzarella)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray 9x13 pan with Pam
Saute turkey onion and garlic (about 5-6 mins)
Add eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and breadcrumbs
Bring to boil
Stir as needed

Transfer turkey mixture to baking dish
Bake covered until veggies are tender (about 45 mins)
Uncover sprinkle with cheese
Bake until brown

Let stand 5 min before serving

Nutrition Facts
**8*Servings

Amount Per Serving

**Calories

**Total Fat
1.1*g

**Saturated Fat
0.2*g

**Polyunsaturated Fat
0.4*g

**Monounsaturated Fat
0.3*g

**Cholesterol
0.4*mg

**Sodium
795.2*mg

**Potassium
538.2*mg

**Total Carbohydrate
37.9*g

**Dietary Fiber
8.9*g

**Sugars
2.8*g

**Protein
11.4*g
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:42 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday to you all!!! I was so tired last night...my back was bothering and I was feeling some pinches/pulls in ab area. So I went to bed early and got some good rest.

Dd has a school dance today after school - it's their holiday dance. She's an 8th grader and will be 14 on New Year's Day. Boy time sure flies by!!!

No major plans for the weekend. Tomorrow afternoon dd and I will be doing our wrapping. Things that we need to wrap and the paper, etc. are in the living room. We'll probably put some music on and get busy. Dh will be be helping his sister move.

Have a great day and weekend!!
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Hi Ladies!

Cindy thank you for your concern but my headache is gone and I am feeling much better today. So glad it is friday and now I have 2 free days. I am glad your party was fun, it sounded like it would be. My youngest DD (16) still loves build a bear at her age, so I imagine the younger girls will have a wonderful time.

Nikkic I hope you got a good night's sleep and feel more your self today. I bet you feel as I do about Fridays!

I went to my doctor's appointment. He raised my estrogen like I wanted!! I still am not completely helaed so still no sex or lifting. I go back the first week in January. I hope to have my restricitons lifted then , but I am glad I at least got something I wanted.

Suki I know that recipe is for Sas but thank you for sharing. It sounds so good I am going to try it out. I really appreciate easy healthy recipes like that. I hope you are still doing well with your treatments.

QScrapper I will be doing some wrapping this weekend too. I hope last night's rest help and you are feeling better today. Big night for your DD tonight. You'll have to get the camera out to mark this one.

We are having pizza tonight and staying in. Tomorrow I have to take my youngest DD so she can get her Dad's Christmas gift, and of course my laundry and gift wrapping this weekend too, so tonight will be just for me quiet and relaxing. I hope you all have a nice evening!! TTYS
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:48 PM

hyperhyster so sorry you are still not feeling well. Sure hope that cough gets better soon.

mrswillie sorry your dr appt did not yield better news. I wish you lots of luck for the next one!

Had a rough friday. Physically I feel fine but emotionally I am an absolute wreck. My obgyn says what I am experiencing is similar to post partem depression and should hopefully get better with time. In the meantime I have my good days and my bad days. Hopefully tomorrow is better than today.

I have to work tomorrow. Always hard to work on a Saturday. I take credit card applications over the phone and saturdays are our busiest. I have not had to work a busy day since I've been back, so hopefully it will be a great one with lots of productivity.

I'll try to check in tomorrow if not will on Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!
Unread 12-15-2007, 06:37 AM

Good Morning ladies,

Dark and snowy here. I would much rather have this than the ice we had.

I slept on and off last night but kept waking with weird bursts of adrenaline. I do not know what that was about. Nikkic I hope you feel better today, and that work passes quickly. I feel for you. The physical part of the hyster was no picnic, but I am not sure that the hormonal effects that keep at us aren't in some ways more difficult. I hope we both get sorted out soon.

Breakfast and shower time. I am going to take DD and her friend out to do her shopping and want to get out there and get it over with. I do not like shopping on the weekends this close to christmas!

Check back later. I hope this morning finds you all happy and well rested.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register