2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 122 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-15-2007, 08:15 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies!

I have not done one bit of shopping yet. I'm going to spend the day getting my Christmas shopping done. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
Yesterday I took DS to the eye doctor. He vision is 20/60 so he had to pick out frames and his glasses will be ready in a week. I wasn't feeling well yesterday. When we came home I slept off and on until it was time to get dd. Then I just laid around all night. I slept 10 hrs last night. I feel better today, but still not 100%. If I'm not feeling better by Monday I guess I'll go into the GP and see if I need some antibiotics to get me over this. Even though it's for something minor, the though of going into a dr's office is not appealing to me.

Jan I'm sorry that you are not completely healed. I hope it goes better when you return in Jan. Good new though, that he raised your estrogen. We had pizza last night as well. I'm like you, I do not like to go shopping this close to Christmas, but I got myself into this predicament. I do have a list, so I hope I will be able to find everything I need and get home. I hope you enjoy you two days off.

Nikkic I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you have a better day today.

Have a good day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 11:19 AM

Hi everyone,

You are one bunch of busy ladies. Hope you are all doing well and getting some R&R too. Happy shopping Hyper (don’t envy you) and hope you get better by Monday. To those who are battling with the ice storm and it’s aftermath, my heart goes out to you and hope things get back to normal soon.

Nikkic, sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Did the doctor tell you about things to alleviate your symptoms? Hope you have a nice weekend.

Jan, glad to hear you’re doctor has finally agreed to adjust your estrogen level. It must be a very frustrating time until you get the right levels.

My neck is sore, I’m trying to find an osteopath, of course with the Holidays it’s not easy finding someone. Well another 12-14 inches of snow in the forecast for tomorrow for us, so I’ll be preparing tomorrow’s meal, as between the shoveling and the football game (Jets and Pats – go Pats!), I don’t think I’ll feel like making dinner. It’s not even winter yet!! Tonite, we’ll have leftover stuffed peppers.

Have a nice weekend everybody.
Unread 12-15-2007, 02:28 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Today I had intentions of writing Christmas cards and baking some cookies, note the word intentions, I have done nothing. My DH took me out for breakfast, I felt like having pancakes so he said come on let's go to Perkins, he is such a sweetie. Well we went for breakfast went to the vegetable store and came home and I am exhausted. I have not been sleeping, last night I fell asleep at 11 and woke up at 2, last time I looked at the clock was 5:21, I must have fallen asleep cause I got up at about 8:30 and have been useless ever since.
I see the radiology oncologist on Monday I will tell him about the insomnia, I was told it could be anxiety, I don't feel anxious but it could be having an effect on me. Truthfully at this point I don't even know which doctor to go to, my GP, gyn, gyn/oncologist or radiology/oncologist.
I also have no appetite, I think tha tis why when I said I wanted pancakes DH siad he would take me out for them. They were so good I haven't had them in a long time, I've been watching my weight since May and they are not a very diet friendly food but hey you gotta splurge sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Hell Ladies,

The shopping went well. My DD got everything she needed. I actually bought some more pants that are comfortable on my new oversized belly. I really don't think mine is going to go back the way it was. Even with the reduced swelling one side is still not like it used to be. I am just wearing it proudly and buying new pants!

After we got home we wrapped all the gifts. Now I am pretty tired. Tea and tv I think after I finish writing this. I never did have time for any laundry so that will have to be tomorrow. We had a leftover lasagna that I had in the freezer for dinner tonight.

Cindy did they tell your DD he should wear the glasses all the time or just when looking at the board, movies etc? That was my prescription last time i went but I was told I only had to wear them to drive the rest was my discretion. I go for my yearly checkup Jan 3rd and I am really curious to see if they have gotten any worse. I hope you were able to finish your shopping and are resting this evening. I think it might be a good idea to get to the doctor if it is not better by Monday. I would not want you to end up really sick over Christmas.

Linda we only got about 5 inches today and the cleanup from that was enough for me. 12-14 inches, no wonder you won't feel like cooking. Be careful with that lifting! Sorry about your neck. What do you think happened? I hope you can get in next week.

Suki I am so sorry about the insomnia. Definitely tell the doctor. I don't think it matters which one. maybe whoever it is easier to get in to see. Perkins pancakes sound yummy. You are right it helps to splurge once in awile, and I think you deserved some pampering.

Enjoy your evening ladies.
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:17 PM

OK so to everyone who is done or doing their Christmas shopping there is no bigger procrastinator than I. LOL I will get to go shopping on Christmas Eve when my DH gets paid. No extra funds till then.

hyper-I so hope you feel better soon

Suki-so sorry about the insomnia. I am having that issue too off and on. Last night I had 3 hours of sleep. I am totally exhausted but cannot fall asleep. My mind doesn't seem to want to stay quiet- constantly thinking or worrying about something.

murph my DH would be jelous of all the snow he totally loves it. And we would both 2nd the GO PATS!!!! My doctor has put me on medication for perimenstrual symptoms (that is what she is calling my anxiety/depression) and I was told it can take awhile for it to start working fully. I do feel better than I did two weeks ago, but every once in awhile it gets bad again like yesterday. Today has been a good day.

I made it through work but the day dragged. I had to collect money from people who are over the credit limit on their credit cards so got to deal with a lot of cranky people today, but we were slow enough they let me go home an hour and a half early. Made spagetti for supper tonight and now I figure I will spend the eve with the tree and candles lit and play some games on the computer until I am ready to fall asleep. (Hopefully sooner than later!) =)

Here's to everyone getting a wonderful night of rest!
Unread 12-16-2007, 08:23 AM

Good morning all!

Broken up sleep, but still sleep so so far so good. I hvae to get a move on that laundry, but other than that thinkgs are pretty good here. The snow stopped and is all cleaned up for now. I am going to have chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Cindy I hope you slept and start to feel better.

Suki I hope you were able to sleep.

Linda I hope your neck is ok.
Nikkic I hope your evening was relaxing last night. I never did watch tv as planned. We had the tv on, candles, lit, and hung out with DD, & GD and just had a relaxing evening until bed. I hope you were able to rest and enjoy your day off today.

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 12-16-2007, 09:33 AM

Good morning,
I got most of my shopping done yesterday. I still have a few gifts to get. I came home from shopping and just felt horrible. I felt fluish and had low grade temp. I had a flu shot in Oct. I layed on the couch all night. I didn't sleep well, I kept coughing. My fever is gone today and I feel a bit better. If I don't feel good tomorrow I am going to the dr.

Linda I'm sorry to hear your neck is hurting. I hope you will be able to get in touch with an osteopath. I had stuffed pepper last week. I love them.

Suki I'm sorry you are having insomnia. I hope your dr will be able to help you with it. I like perkin's pancakes. They are so light and fluffy. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Jan my DS is supposed to wear his glasses all of the time. That's interesting that you have the same prescription, but don't have to wear your glasses all of the time. Chicken and mashed potatoes sounds good. I was planning on making cheesburgers, but I don't know if I'll feel up to cooking.

Nikkic I hope you're feeling well today and that you were able to enjoy your evening.

Take care everyone. I hope you all have a good day.
Cindy
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:05 AM

I haven't posted in this part of hysterland before and quite frankly thought that by week 10 I would be out of the woods and 100 percent!! HAHAHA NOT!! Back at work teaching and I have really tried to take it easy but must have over done it last week because this week I am really sore. Constipation remains an issue and every now and then I feel like some internal tissue has popped - does that make sense? I bend over with ouch then relax as it releases and stops hurting. But find that this week I am back shuffling like 2 weeks ago. I really thought I would be so much better by now. Is anyone else like this or just me?
Nancy

TAH/BSO 4 Oct. 48 years young
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:13 AM

Lucille, I understand the confusion on which doctor to contact. Myself, I only have to decide between my GP and OB-GYN should I start having menopausal symptoms. I’m sure your GP could give you some kind of protocol to help you out. When you see the doc on Monday, mention your loss of appetite too. Mmmm, pancakes.
Jan, glad to see your shopping went well. Considering the time of year, I would call that a major accomplishment! For my neck, I think I pinched a nerve when I was getting my hair washed at the hairdresser – da kink in my neck.
Niccik, some years, I do all my shopping on Dec 24th too. Anyway, It’s wise to spend only what we have, so here’s to your smart plan. Enjoy your shopping day and make sure you don’t get overtired.
Hyper – sorry to hear you might have a touch of the flu coming your way – rest and lots of liquids now that your successful shopping spree is done. I must have picked up on your meal post, it’s so helpful when you guys mention meal suggestions.

I’ve procrastinated on the ironing, I need my uniforms to go back to work on Wednesday, I’ll try to do that today, as well as vacuum, cuz our dog is shedding so much. Now the snow…Man, is it coming down, I mean sideways. We kinda like the chaos it creates, especially if we don’t have to go anywhere…I just sent the dog out to do her business and 30 seconds later, she comes back in covered in snow. Later, we’ll go out shoveling, see all our neighbors and, kind of, commiserate in our shared misery (wink, wink) – but we love all this snow!! We’ll have hot soup breaks, hot chocolate breaks and chicken pot pie for dinner. This weather will make for an interesting football match.

Take care everybody! Off to vacuuming before I change my mind…
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Amouage!!! Nice to see you. Sorry I posted before reading your post. I’m still here as well as others, as 100% is not quite yet for me. I definitely get those ouchy days and shuffle sometimes. Are you back at work? Sorry to hear about the BM issues, I can just imagine your frustration. What have you tried? I’m sure we could all give you suggestions. I don’t expect to be at 100% before a full year, but looking forward to 80% in 3-6 months. Keep in touch. (now I’m really off to vacuum)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register