2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 123 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-16-2007, 11:17 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hey everyone!!!
Welcome Amouage... Stick around you will see everyone is the same... but different ... but similar... I have had wierd pains like that.. but I think as long as they go away its normal otherwise check with doctor. for constipation girl find your favorite fiber!! Tons of water... Feel better!

Cindy I am sorry you are feeling worse... I am doing better.. still tired and cough is hanging on a little...I hope you can get some decent rest and get better!

Suki..I went yesterday tobuy everything for the recipe... I am making tomorrow..Tonight is spaghetti by request. I am going to let DD make my DH'S grandma's "special" recipe. Everyone's eyes are like saucer about the eggplant!! I have never used it so I am kind of excited... I know I know... completed laundry and new recipes...Those are my thrills.. I need a life huh? I hope the insomnia goes away.. Maybe a sleeping pill? I am going as long as 6 hours straight some nights longer when I take cough medicine. I think you should call which doctor you feel the most comfortable with.. . But call...

Jan.. I too broke down and bought some "Comfies" I did wear a pair of my jeans last week... #1 They were STRETCH jeans... (wow can they stretch)
#2 I wore a sweater over them that went down to mid-thigh...

Nikkic I went on Prozac about 6 months or so ago. I had used it for severe PMS about 8 years ago... For about 3 years but then I went off of it and was controlling pms symptoms with diet and exercise. Well I started up with the severe pms again and went back on prozac.. I reacted totally different at first.. I had such severe anxiety Dr put me on Xanax. No one told me that sometimes prozac can cause anxiety until it gets to the correct level in your system... I had anxiety with pms but when I first started the pills I was having it everyday. It was horrid..Terrible panic attacks.. I thought I was having a heart attack one day had to go to urgent care.. that is when they gave me Xanax.
I have not had to take any for I think a couple of weeks.. Anyway thought I would share that with you. I hope you get to the proper levels soon!!

Murph my kids are bugging us to take them up to the mountains cuz they want to play in the snow... They think people who get snowed in are so lucky. They want to have "snow days"

Well I am off to tackle laundry and AM dishes..
I hope everyone has a restful Sunday... And a sleep filled sunday night!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 01:26 PM

sas thank you so much for sharing that is almost exactly what I have been going through. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Last night I was so overly anxious poor DH graciously put up with me yelling and getting frustrated about almost everything. (I was wrapping round 1 of presents. Only 2 more rounds to go!) I am feeling better today so far. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Amouage-welcome and no you are not the only one. When I have a very busy day and I do alot physically I am hurting. Especially on the lower right side. I have been told that I probably will not be completely back to normal for 6 months to a year. I guess slow and maybe not so easy does it.

I did get to have some relaxing time last night after I got done wrapping presents I sat in my rocker in front of the tree with the lights and candles lit and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the entire house sleeping. Could not sleep till about midnight but slept very heavy and all the way till 5:30 until I had to wake up and take DH to work.

Busy day ahead- laundry, house cleaning, making brownies, wrapping more presents, and hopefully doing my nails are on the list today. Should hopefully be exhausted enough to be able to fall asleep in an instant tonight! =)

Have a great and relaxing Sunday everyone!
Unread 12-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Hi All!

Cindy that is interesting. I think I probably should wear them more than I do, but I weatr them at the important times driving, or when I need to observe a student or go to a presentation or meeting or such where I have to read off a board or overhead. Most everything else I am pretty comfortable wiht. i was just wondering, because I was wondering if when i wen t this time he would tell me I should be wearing them all the time. If he does I will have to because the idea of contacts just doesn't sit well with me personally.

Linda I hate ironing, but I miss vacuuming. I know that sounds crazy but between my GD and my dog my floors are always a mess. I feel like the house looks better immediately once I vacuum. I used to vacuum the family room and kitchen nightly. So I am looking forward to being cleared for that! I also by those floral tablets that go into the vacuum bag so I think the room always smells nice when I vacuum too. My family think I am nuts! It has been a joke for many years in the family that I am obsessed with vacuuming. I don't think so, but I know I don't like my house as well when I have to wait for DH to get around to it! Chicken pot pie sounds great. I make the shortcut version with bisquick. Thanks for the great idea, I think I will be making that this week sometime.

Amouage glad to hear from you. You are in the right place. many of us are still dealing with aches, pains, insomnia, anxiety, hormones etc. We can relate! Personally I feel better, certainly not 100%, Like Linda I don't expect that for quite awhile, but I sure do feel better than those first few weeks. Actually I don't think I started to feel at all better until 4-5 weeks, and really 8 weeks before I was well enough to be out and about. According to my gyne I am still not even healed enought to have most of my restrictions lifted, even though I can tell you I am ready for that to happen. Most of us, me included, have struggled with constipation. I second the suggestion of all the fiber and water you can handle, and add 2 fibercon caps and stool softeners daily, as well as prunes or prune juice as needed.

Sas thank you for that. It was a comfort to know I was not the only one still not comfie in my old clothes!

I am off to more laundry I hope you ladies are enjoying your Sunday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Hi Ladies

Well out power went out this afternoon a couple of times for about 1/2 each time and I can't imagine what you ladies did without power for long periods of time. Everytime I went into a room I hit the light switch DUH!!!!

Jan if you loved a vaccumed room you need to invest in a ROOMBA. I have 2 one for my bedroom and one for my family room, everytime the kids leave the house the roomba goes into action. I loved it so much I bought a Scooba for the kitchen floor, it is scoobaing right now, it's unbelieveable what those things pick up. Mind you it can't be your only vacuum but it is worth its weigh tin gold. Last year I bought them for my step daughter and 2 DILs they thought I was nuts until they strated using them and now they are hooked too.

I still need to start my wrapping but I think I will tackle that a few gifts each night this week, we didn't buy that many gifts this year its going to be a very gift card Christmas for the adult kids and the grandkids are getting something to open and something for their college accounts.

I started baking today and the one traditional thing (stroufoli) I wanted to try didn't turn out as well as expected, my mother and father said they were good BUT I tasted them and I didn't think they were that good. I made soem chocloate chip cookies and a raspberry cookie bar. I am going to tackle black and white cookies this week, something I never made before (remember Seinfeld had an episode about B&W cookies and babka, its a NY thing). I will also make macaroons but they are so easy and taste so good its a no brainer. If I am in the mood I will make some chocolate lollipops and choclate covered pretzels for the kids, those are easy to make too.

I slept a little better last night with an ambein BUT I still only slept about
4 1/2 hours I don't htink that is enough sleep especially while I am going through the radiation treatments, I think they take a toll on your body. I will see the radiology oncologist tomorrow and ask him what he thinks.

Well i am going to sit down with a book and relax, talk to you tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening.
Unread 12-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Hi All,

Well I finished the laundry. Enjoyed dinner and a visit with my inlaws. Nice evening. Guess I must be ready to head back to work tomorrow!

Nikkic I am glad you wre able to relax last night and i hope you are able to sleep well tonight.

Suki I have seen those on tv but i was afraid they would just bump into everything and not get much done. I guess maybe I should look at one. Your cookies sound delicous. I don't feel like tackling that this year but my youngest dd has been bothering me about it. I told her we'll have to see. If I feel like it I may make a few batches next weekend. She wants butter cookies, anise cookies, pizelles, and gingerbread men. I am glad you are going to talk to the oncologist because that insomnia is really taxing. Let us know what he says. I hope you enjoyed your book and I hope you sleep well!

Good night ladies.
Unread 12-16-2007, 08:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Well I rested all day and I feel 90% better. The house is a wreck and the laundry is piled to the ceiling. Although it's driving me crazy, I've decided it will be there waiting for me when I feel like getting to it. I do not want to be sick for Christmas. But I think last night was the worst and I'm over the hump now. At least I hope. DH went out and brought Leanne Chin home for dinner. Chinese food.

Sas I'm glad you are feeling better. I've worn stretch jeans for a year or so now. They are just more comfy. Have fun making your new recipe tomorrow. I hope it turns out yummy!

Murph I hope you had fun with football and snow today. That really sounds like fun, since you don't have to venture out. Hot chocolate is so good on a snow day. If I don't have to go out and it's snowing I love to open all the blinds and watch the snow fall. It's such a cozy feeling. If I have to go out though, that's a different story.

Amouage I'm glad you decided to join us. Like Linda said, I really think it's going to take close to year for any of us to feel totally normal. But I think it will keep getting better as time goes on. Yes, drink lots of water. Fiber. I think Jan drank prune juice. I hope the constipation gets better for you. I suffered with it for quite awhile, before I finally got regular. I hope you stay with us.

nikkic I'm glad you were able to enjoy you're evening last night. Sounds like you have a busy day. Don't wear yourself out.

Suki, I'm going to be baking this week as well. I want some of your chocolate lollipops! Well since that's not possible would you mind telling me how you make them. I think the kids would love them, and mom too! lol I hope all goes well at the oncologist tomorrow. As always, you are in my prayers.

Jan I'm glad you had a nice evening. It sounds like you had a good weekend. I like to vacuum too. I agree, everything just seems brighter and fresher after vacuuming. I also put the scented tablets in my vacuum bag. I hope you have a good day at work tomorrow.

I hope everyone sleeps well. Take care.
Unread 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Hyper,
The lollipops are really easy to make, some I use a mold from AC Moore or Michaels, you can buy the lollipop sticks there too.
All you need to do is melt the chocolate (either regular chocolate chips or the kind in the craft store specifically made for candy making, it really comes out the same) in the microwave at 30 second intervals to make sure they don't burn then pour into the molds add sticks and put in fridge for 10 minutes till set
I also make lollipops with Nilla Wafers
spread NUTELLA or peanut butter on one wafer
lay lollipop stick in the middle
top with other nilla wafer
Dip in melted chocolate and let cool, for Halloween I sprinkled orange and brown sprinkles (jimmies) for Christmas I bought red and green.

I also take pretzel rods and dip them in the melted chocolate about 3/4 of the way and throw some sprinkles on them let them cool. Everyone goes crazy for them and they are so easy to make.

I brought some pretzels and Nilla lollipops in for my doctor and his staff at Halloween and they raved for weeks.

I love to cook I have loads of easy recipes for stuff if you want to try something ask me and I may have one you can use.
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:19 AM

Good morning,

Not a good sleep night here. It took me forever to fall asleep and then I was not ina ny way ready to get up when that alarm went off. I sure wish it was not so dark, that sure does not help when I am so sleepy!!

Cindy I am so gqald you rested. Chinese was a good idea. I hope you feel even better today. Suki those lolipops sound wonderfully easy. I hope things go well when you talk to your dr. today and I hope you got some sleep.

I'll check back later. Have a good day!
Unread 12-17-2007, 06:25 AM

Good morning!

I feel pretty good today, just tired. I didn't sleep well again last night. I fell asleep right away, but I kept waking up all night.

Suki thank you for the lollipop recipes!! I will try it. Thanks also for the offer to try new recipes! I hope everything goes well today.

Jan I'm sorry you didn't sleep well either. I know what you mean about being dark. It's 7:30 and it's just now starting to get light out. I hope you have a good day at work and will be able to rest when you get home.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 12-17-2007, 06:29 AM

We should all get together in the middle of the night so the time passes faster. I couldn't fall asleep last night and when I finally did I was up 2 hours later tossing and turning. I was also freezing, my feet were so cold at 2:30 I got up to put socks on, I already had a down blanket and another blanket on the bed I just couldn't warm up. since my surgery I have 2 temperatures roasting and freezing.

TTYL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register