2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 127 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-21-2007, 03:04 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi everyone,

The Christmas brunch was a hit. I did get to sit and eat with my kids for a few minutes after I served. Since I was a volunteer I got to stay the rest of the day for my DS and DD class Christmas parties. I had to go back and forth between rooms, but it was fun. We picked up DS glasses this morning. They look really nice on him. He got alot of compliments at school, which I was glad for, 13 is such a hard age. I couldn't fall asleep for quite some time last night, but once I did, I slept hard. Hopefully tonight will be better. The 2 older kids have practice for their school Christmas program tomorrow morning from 9-11. I'm hoping DH will take the little one out during that time, so I can get some wrapping done.

Jan I hope your package comes. I ordered all of my 2 DS's gifts online. As of this morning they still weren't here. I was getting pretty stressed, but when I got home, thankfully they were delivered. Will you be off of work now until after the new year? I didn't know if you were on the same schedule as school.

Sas your life sounds alot like mine. I'm running on "auto" many days.

Linda I'm glad your furnace is back on. I hope you enjoy your days off. I don't know of any good recipes for punch. Maybe one of the other ladies will have some ideas.

Joan sounds like you have a full day planned for Christmas. I hope you enjoy your visit with your kids and grandkids. You are a brave one walking in that temperature. I didn't see the oprah. I might try that. The meds are helping me to feel better, but I still have the sinus pressure.

I hope you are all enjoying your day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 03:28 PM

Hi ladies,

I had early dismissal today. i was so tired when i got home i actually napped, if you can believe that! I sure hope it does not goof me up even more tonight. I really did not have a choice I was about ready to pass out. TGIF!!

Guess what no package! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! I tried to call the place but it was a recording which said call back after 7pm eastern time. I hope I can get through.

Yes I am off now until Dec 3rd. I work for a special ed coop and contract with schools, so my hours aren't exactly like schools but close. I go longer in June and earlier in August, but mostly it is similar.

Linda I always make punch for Easter or baby showers. I usually use this 2 bottles sprite, 1 can orange juice concentrate 1 can pineapple juice concentrate (both thawed) 1 jar maraschino cherries. Sometimes I float an ice ring or sherbet in it if it is a party. (My kids love it with the sherbet) At school the punch they serve is sprite mixed with hawaiin punch, I bet you could use sprite mixed with other red juice such as cranberry too. I am glad you got in to the Osteo. That info is so interesting, and must be correct, because we have all had back pain at one point or another.

Joan I love peanut brittle, good choice. I make Italian dinner on Christmas Eve. I do the traditional ham on Christmas Day. It was my Mom who used to do both. My husband is German background and he likes ham on Christmas Day. You brave lady with your walking in that weather. Could you ladies sen d me some of your energy? You all see to have so much!

Cindy I am so glad your DS fared well with the glasses. 13 is really a difficult time for so many kids. I am glad your packages came. I hope you do get the chance to wrap them tomorrow.

Well my DD wants the computer, so I will check back later.

Take care and have a nice evening.
Unread 12-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Linda I have never made this but saw it while searching for jello recipes:

CHRISTMAS PUNCH
2 boxes strawberry Jello
1 pkg. raspberry (sweetened) Kool-Aid
4 c. hot water
1 1/2 to 2 c. sugar

Mix all together until dissolved. 6 c. cold water
1 (8 oz.) bottle real lemon
1 (46 oz.) can pineapple juice

Stir - put in freezer for 6 hours - remove from freezer and stir every hour - at serving time add 1 quart of ginger ale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 07:44 PM

HI Ladies

Well treatment number 9 is completed 19 to go. I saw the head of genetics today after my treatment, we did some genetic testing to see if I had some mutant genes that caused the cancer. One test is not back yet so we still need to wait on that one but they said i need to have colonoscopies yearly and a certain kind of urine test too so they can watch for colon and urinary tract cancer. So far I don't have the gene they were looking for but they said the research is so new in this area that I still need to watch for other types of cancer because of my family history. I just read the report, it said I didn't have the gene they were looking for but I have something they weren't looking for, now I need to find out what that means. IT never ends.

I am beat again tonight, I took my parents out shopping today, food store, Cosco etc. My kitchen and office look like a tornado hit it, I will clean it all tomorrow and then start wrapping the grandkids gifts.

Like I said before I always do the Italian Christmas Eve and Day dinner, this year my husband said no way you are not cooking so his douaghter is having both days and she is freaking out, I told her she doesn't need to do all the stuff we have every year and that I would make something to help her out but she told me no you need to rest. It's nice to have someone else do the cooking this year but truthfully I miss it. Next year we will go back to splitting the holiday meals between me and my step daughter, it really does make it easier to host only one day.

We went to see the grandkids tonight and ended up helping them with their gingerbread house, It is a mess, it's so cute candy all over the place, we made some extra marshmallow snowmen to put out side the house and then the adults got carried away, it was really funny, the kids had no clue what we were laughing about, lets just say there is a snowwoman outside the house and a few offspring, you would have thought our soda's were spiked the way we were carrying on.

Well I am off to bed, I will check in tomorrow.
Unread 12-22-2007, 07:35 AM

Hi Ladies,

Weird weather here today foggy and rainy. It is supposed to aswitch ove as the temp drops. We are going to shop today for the remainder of the holiday food. I was so happy to be on my own timetable this morning! I slept last night, but not as good as the night before, I think it was that nap!

Well I imagine you are all busy before the holiday. I am going to get ready for shopping. I will check in later.

Have a great day!!
Unread 12-22-2007, 05:22 PM

Hi ladies,

Suki, I hope that whatever they found in the gene testing was something good. Sounds like you have a very close knit family. So it was you who has the Italian Christmas'. I couldn't remember who it was. I have never seen so much food in one meal as they do - but I love food and it was heaven to me. Now you can just enjoy the meal and look forward to having the dinner next year.
Cindy, those school Christmas parties sounds like so much fun and getting in the mood for Christmas. I really miss those times. My Gramdbabies live to far away for me to enjoy these times with them also. I have a son living in Doha, Qatar so only see them once a year. I did go visit them there also. What a different place that is. Of course it is muslim coultry but I love the food there.

Jan, that is great that you have so much time off from work. You will be able to enjoy your family and rest whenever you can get the chance. I know that the time off is so precious when you have a full time job.

I will be leaving tomorrow for my DSs and it will be raining and in the 40sF so hope that we get rid of some snow....

Merry Christmas everyone and have a wonderful day with family.
Unread 12-22-2007, 06:17 PM

Hi All!

Well we practically bought all the food out of the grocery store. LOL! The cooking won't start until Monday morning. My Dh has suggested laying low tonight and tomorrow because he knows I won't get much rest Monday or Tuesday and will probably be beat on Wednesday. He brought Quizno's home for dinner. This afternoon I sat on the couch and crocheted a hat for oldest DD to match her new jacket.

My package did not arrive for DD! I sure hopes it arrives Monday. If not she will have to get an IOU. Thank goodness she is not a little one. When GD goes to bed I am going to help DD finish her wrapping.

Well I hope you ladies have had a nice day and are gearing up for the big days ahead.

Sleep well everybody.
Unread 12-22-2007, 06:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

Joan, MrsWillie used to do the Italian Christmas Eve too, I love all that fish but this year I will not be able to eat much.

Well I think the radiation treatments have started to give me some side effects, all of a sudden this afternoon I had abdominal cramps and I needed to stay close to the bathroom. I guess I will have to watch what I eat from now on and start taking the immodium. My GI doctor also gave me an RX for lomotil glad I filled it because if the immodium doesn't work I need to take the heavy stuff.

I still need to wrap presents but since I am not cooking i figured I could do some Sunday and Monday. My 4 1/2 year old twin grandkids will be singing at the 10 am mass tomorrow hopefully I will feel good enough to attend, if not they will need to do their concert for me privately, they are so cute and have been practicing forever for this.

Well I know it is not even 9 pm but I think I am going to head off to bed and read for a while.

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and talk to you tomorrow.
Unread 12-23-2007, 07:06 AM

Good morning everyone,

Suki, just wanted to let you know that my sister has something like irritable bowl syn. and she found that having yogert every day does wonders for her. Hope this works for you.

Now don't you ladies get too tired from all your cooking. Enjoy your Christmas Holliday
Unread 12-23-2007, 07:22 AM

Thanks Joan

I was just checking to see what I could eaqt besides Banannas Rice Applesauce and Toast, it looks like yogurt and tea are OK to eat too

TTYL ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register