2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 129 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-26-2007, 05:55 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello All,

You ladies must still be busy with holiday doings. We still have some family in town, but they are out picking up some pizza to bring home. They will be taking off tomorrow, and then the cleanup will begin! I hope you are all having a good holiday!

Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 07:00 PM

This is my first post. I enjoyed reading all of your progress. Holidays have been very blah for me, spent Christmas in bed crying with a bad headache. Never had a migraine before but had this for 4 days now, dull pain behind my eyes. Feeling very, very blue these days. I know how truly blessed I am though so I'm pushing on through. Experienced my 1st UTI after resuming intercourse. YIKES! Have yet to have a good nights sleep either BUT I know it's all coming soon (I pray!!!). You all have a wonderful remainder of 2007 and may 2008 be a huge blessing to you and you families.

Gratefulme
38 years old
LAVH-10/2/07 kept ovaries
Unread 12-27-2007, 06:44 AM

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a nice Christmas. I can see by the few posts, that everybody is either busy or maybe tired. I hope you all had some time to rest and recuperate. I had family visiting, but left yesterday.

Gratefulme: nice to hear from you, sorry to hear about your problems with migraines, sleeping and mood. What does your doctor say? Did you have your hormonal level checked? Keep in touch.

Take care you guys and talk to you later. I'm off to my first yoga class since surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 08:18 AM

Good morning ladies!

I hope you all had a nice Christmas. Ours was very enjoyable.

Jan and Linda I hope you had a nice time with the visiting families.

Jan try not to wear yourself out with the big cleanup.

Linda a yoga class sounds very relaxing. Enjoy!

gratefulme welcome! I'm sorry you are having problems. I hope things will get better for you soon.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:23 AM

Hello All!

Well company is gone. First I have to clean up all the mess, and then maybe in the next few days the decorations. I never want to tackle the "after Christmas."

For the first time I was able to wear a pair of my old pants but it was not successful. They were much snugger than usual, but I thought since they had stretch I would be ok. Wrong. By 3:00 the zipper/button area had me so sore i had to change into sweats. I just do not think it is in the cards for me to get back into those jeans. My dad's wife told me it took her much longer than 3 months to get back into hers but that she finally did. I sure hope that happens for me at some point.

A good year for gifts, my choices seemed to be succesful. The package I wanted for oldest DD arrived, but only half the order was in the box! It worked out ok, she might have been disappointed but she understands.

The dinners turned out excellent and yesterday we ate out. Tonight will be, no surprises here, leftovers!

Gratefulme I am glad you wrote. I hope you begin to feel better. Are you taking HRT? Have you reported these symptoms to your doctor?

Murph I am glad you had a successful visit with family and I hope your yoga class goes well!

I hope you all are finally getting some time to rest. I'll check back later.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:25 AM

Cindy I must have been typing when you posted! I am glad you had an enjoyable Christmas. I hope the zpac worked and you are sleeping and feeling better. I will take the cleanup slow, and I hope you will too!
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:30 AM

Jan I never thought about taking down the decorations. UGH! I'm not fond of that part either. Have you tried going to a bigger size in jeans until you fit into yours? If you don't mind me asking, how do you dress for work? Before I started wearing my jeans, I found a couple pair of khaki material pants that had the drawstring at top. I got khaki color and navy blue. They were stylish and noone could tell they were drawstring. My tops covered the drawstring. I got them at target. It felt more like being dressed in normal clothes.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM

Hi Cindy

I did buy some pants that were a size up. For work I wear khakis, really any kind of twill pants or cords. Basically any long pants that are not denim or sweats will work. I bought some black, and khaki twills a size up that are working for work. I bought one pair of jeans a size up, but even they are uncomfortable for some reason, but they don't make me sore like the old ones. I mostly still wear sweats and lounge wear at home because the drawstrings are so much more comfortable. I have not see the pants you mentioned at Target. They would be perfect. I need to find some like that.

The decorations, I agree UGH! I have alot of sheets, towels, gift organizing, trash carry out, vaccum, guests overpacking the house kind of cleanup before i can even get to the decorations. I want to get at that stuff though so I can feel like I have some time to just relax and enjoy before work starts up again. I know I will have to go to the mall one day though. Youngest DD is of course anxious to spend the Christmas loot. I hate that because there is nothing good left after christmas. She should wait a couple of months, but she never listens to that advice!
Unread 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM

hey everyone... My kids are happy... my house is a mess... Its christmas time in the suburbs... Did I mention last week I lost 2.5 lbs??? Well never mind I think they are back along with a few friends...

Comfort Jan comfort...Do not worry about anything but that! Seriously I figure I have six months until I have to worry about slipping into a bikini so I will start worrying in May!! Ha! bikini... isn't that silly!

Grateful.... pee immediately after and drink mega water... I notice that could happen real easy with me too but I just flush the system with mega water.. Could the weepys be pms?? I am havin a tuff time tracking my cycle and have been quite emotional and then realized it must be hormonal... I hope you feel better!! I send you belly giggles!!

Hey Cindy love the drawstrings I say zippers and buttons are out of style!

Murph yoga class sounds lovely. I do a little at home when the house is quiet just a few basic moves. I have some dvds and a book. I have yet to venture into classes. Maybe next year!

Hey suki I hope all is going well for you. That you are feeling good and getting plenty of rest.

I am off to switch laundry and tackle another sink ful of dishes... Did I mention My dishwasher is not working and I have a crack in my toliet tank? Seriously I am wondering why I did not marry a plumber... Oh well if I can survive TAH I can deal with a severe case of dishpan hands... oh madge where are you when I need you! Actually I do use palmolive

I hope you all have a wonderful day... as always you are all in my prayers!
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Sas you made me laugh! You are right comfort should be first. Thoughts of me in a bikini-still giving me the giggles.

I recommend Vaseline hand and nail cream for those dishpan hands. I have been slathering it on for weeks now. I wash a couple loads a day in addition to my poor dishwasher that can't even keep up! Good luck with your toilet, that is something we sure can't live without. I am waiting for a load of laundry right now. I hope you get some time to relax between chores!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register