2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 130 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-27-2007, 11:20 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I have discussed with doc, but considering changing. her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Not on HRT, kept ovaries, she says it will take 6 months before hormones are back to normal. Have a great protein shake I take and realized because of the holidays hadn't had any since Friday (thus the blues possibly???) Easy to make in a blender:

8 oz Soy milk (I prefer light vanilla or new fiber as fiber aids in weight loss)
1 handful of frozen fruit (I prefer blueberries or fruit medley)
1 TBSP Flax seed oil (highest lignon)
1 scoop protein powder ( I use Solaray protein, husband likes gold standard 100% whey protein)
1 TBSP Greens + superfood powder (as an aside, the greens plus chocolate energy bars are SO good. Makes me mad though b/c they are $3 each and a kit katt is .50 and not good for you!)
1-2 TBSPS Probiotic (found in the cold section of health food store, i like green apple or pineapple sinus for my sinuses)

Put in the freezer for a few minutes and drink with a straw. Make sure fruit is well blended. Didn't like it at 1st but it is SO good for you and gives you tons of energy and aids in the healing process. Won't lie, ingredients are not cheap but I decided I can afford to make sacrifices in other areas like who really needs to spend $40 on rib eye steaks or junk food. I work it into my budget.
Sas thanks for the pee advice, will definitely do. Also, will call family doc to have hormone levels checked immediately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Jan I know what you mean about kid's not wanting to wait to spend the loot. My kids got gift cards from their aunt. We went out yesterday to let them spend them. You are right, there is barely anything on the shelves. They ended up not finding anything. So we will try again in a couple weeks if they can wait.

Sas you always make me smile. Bikini?? I don't think I will ever be wearing a bikini again. In fact, I haven't worn one since my 20's. I don't envy you with the dishes.

I have been slowly cleaning and doing laundry for probably every piece of clothing we all own. I am still in my jammies and I don't think that's going to change today. I just feel like lounging and have no desire to shower and get dressed at this point. I know kinda ishy huh?

Suki I hope you had a nice Christmas and are doing well. Tina we haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well and you had a good Christmas. Joan I hope your visit went well, hope to hear from you soon.

Take care.
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:40 PM

hi everyone,

I arrived back last evening and the weather cooperated going and coming back, thank God. You know I typed a long post earlier but had to leave with my sister so came back to finish it and I don't know what key I touched but I lont the whole thing. as you say arghhh..

I had a wonderful Christmas with my DS, DIL and 4 grandkids. The youngest is GS 5, GD 7, GS 9 and GS 12. They just grow to fast. The oldest is almost as tall as I am. So cute, the older two boys have let their hair grow a little longer and it just curls up. We went to a childrens Mass and the kids actually sat still. Now I have to tell you, I have never seen so many presents in my life. I think they overdue it because we never did that. My DIL likes to do it. We had company for dinner on Sunday & Monday and Christmas morning, Went to DIL's sisters house for the Italian dinner with 22 people. Such great food and people. I planned on staying longer but they have another cat which is angora, soooo sweet. Well by Christmas evening I was having trouble breathing now that was either from eating too much or I was alergic to the cat; haha. I went home the next day got home at 9:30 pm. The next morning I was coughing up phlem (sorry) I don't know of any other word to call it. So, I guess I can not stay too long there now. I had a wonderful time with my family.

Jan, sorry your DD didn't get the full package that you ordered. You mentioned making cheese cakes, I have been making that too lately. I usually make a praliene (sp) cheese cake, it's my favorite so that is what I make. Talk about tight pants, I couldn't waite until I got home to take mine off; had the swelly belly thingy going. I just ate tooo much.

Cindy, I know what you mean about everything picked over the day after Christmas. You asked about my DS in Qatar. He works for Exxon-Mobil . They keep building more ref. there. Doha was noted for pearls the just lately the oil. MY DS and DIL and grandson love it there. I want them to come back here and eventually they will have to go to Texas (which they don't want to go) One thing that you might get a supprise from is seeing two men walking hand in hand. Men friends do that there.

Grateful, Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Hope that things get better for you. Boy, I know what problems can come from lack of hormonal balance.

I think I will post this now before I loose it again.

I hope everyone has a really relaxing evening and great sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 06:55 AM

Good morning ladies,

Hope you had a restful night.
JoanC, glad to hear you had a nice visit with your family, your family sounds wonderful. You mention the men friends in Qatar, funny, I experienced the same in India when I visited. And it has nothing to do with being gay.

Jan, good to hear you had a nice Christmas, take it easy on the cleaning up and de-decorating, there is still New Year’s!

Hyper- know the feeling. If there isn’t anything pressing, take the day off and enjoy lounging in your jammies, I would. There are still days when even showering is a chore.

Gratefulme: copied you energy shake recipe – Thanks!!

Sas – bikini chick!! Get yourself some rubber gloves, nothing like them or dishes. Hope that toilet doesn’t give out. Take it easy on the post Christmas clean up!

I enjoyed the yoga class yesterday, except for poses on the tummy, forgot it’s on a hard floor. My tummy is still quite sensitive; I often stun myself when I bang it on the countertop edge. I’m starting work at 11 today, just a bit of time to do laundry, ironing, fix my lunch and maybe vacuuming (wishful thinking) before I leave. My poor hubby is out shoveling again!

Have a nice day!
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:06 AM

Murph, I have always wanted to do yoga. Is it an easy class? I see it on TV, and I am not that flexible as they are. Is it for stretching? You mentioned shoveling, we have new snow here also. I didn't walk this morning. I have been sleeping in, have to get out of that rut. I really enjoy walking in the morning and going to meet my friends at McDonalds, Sometimes we have a policeman and a State policeman to join us so it is interesting conversation. I also need to do some work around the house...have a good day at work.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:33 AM

good morning ladies

I did end up staying in my jammies yesterday. It was relaxing. After the kids went to bed I started a book. I like to read, but rarely do. It was nice to just curl up with a book. I got so into it though, I couldn't put it down, and ended up getting to bed way to late. I have been sleeping better. I need to do some laundry. My downstairs is clean, but then you walk upstairs and it is a disaster. We have decided to switch around bedrooms to make our living space more efficient. I'm going to go up there today and start trying to get things ready for the move this weekend.

Joan it sounds like you had a nice time with your children and grandchildren. I admire your family in Qatar to be able to have adjusted so well to living there. How long have they been there? That is funny about the men holding hands. You would never see two men who were just friends holding hands here. Meeting your friends at Mcdonalds after your walk sounds like fun.

Linda have a good day at work. You mentioned your tummy still being sensitive. I think sometimes we forget. Yesterday my 4yr old ds was tired and so sweetly asked me to hold him. I haven't picked him up since before surgery. It was really nice to pick him up and snuggle him for a few minutes, but let me tell ya, even though it was just for a few mins. both my sides were hurting the rest of the night.

Sas I know you're probably go, go, going already. Don't wear yourself out. Hope your toilet is holding out.

Jan I hope you don't wear yourself out either. Isn't it nice to have a long break? I'm really enjoying the kids being home.

Suki I hope everything is o.k. with you. I miss hearing from you.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

I did not get back on I wore myself out! I cleaned up all the Vhristmas except the tree. Tore up the guest room, did the sheets, towels, and vacuuming. Too much for me in one day but I am glad it is done. Now i pretty much can slack for a few days. I think I need to, because my belly is really swollen. Ever since Christmas it has gotten much bigger than it was, much closer to a closer to surgery. It does not hurt alot more just really swollen and does not seem to want to go back down. Hopefully a few days relaxing will cure that.

I am going to make ham hash for dinner tonight. That is my only plan at this point. definitely staying in because the snow is flying outside.

Joan glad to hear you have been able to sleep in!

Cindy it is nice to have a break. I am glad you are enjoying it and your day yesterday sounds great. I hope you have someone to move that furniture in the bedrooms, because that is still not a good idea for any of us.

Sas and Suki I hope you guys are having a good day!

I'll check back later.
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:24 AM

hey all!!
DD's are away at my SIL's. DH at work..#1DS on his way out door... Now if I can get #2 out the door I will be alone..... I work so much better alone... I kinda wanted to clean naked! Just kidding... That would be scary... think about it!

So Jan I seriously Had not worn a bikini in ages.. In fact I did not even have a bathing suit for awhile. Well #1 DD was thinking she was "fat" and refusing to wear bathing suits so I bought bikinis and laid out in pool and kinda got addicted. DH bought me this huge raft and sometimes the girls would lay on it with me and sometimes, ok every chance I got I would float around in heaven. Of course not in front of the DSs. I just stayed out of the public and told my girls it was because of my bodacious TA TA's. Well #1dd is changing her body image a little... And i had the greatest tan I have had in ages. I still have dreams of walking down a beach in a G string bikini but gees come on I am 44 and the mother of 4.

Grateful I do protein shakes too... I have not used the greens and probiotic though. I use ground flax seed. One of my fav's is choc soy milk. banana, T flax seed and T pnut butter...2tsp protein powder. I use enough ice so it is like a shake And i suck that baby down until I get a brain freeze! What does the probiotic do?

Hyper are youactually enjoying the kids being home or just the break from getting everyone up and out the door.. making lunches.. homework...? Just kidding.. My girls have been gone since about noon yesterday and I miss them. My upside is as I clean an area it actually stays clean for a little longer. Jammies mmmm I am in them ALOT! Cindy that was so sweet I remember when My baby boys would say things like that... now I get mom gotta couple bucks? do i have any clean socks? whats for dinner? Thanks for sharing it gave such fond memories,,

Joan your holidays sound so joyful! I do envy you and Jan your grandbabies!

Murph.. I have that belly sensitivity off and on... sometimes it is almost normal. i guess maybe it is natures way of telling us we still have to take care of ourselves.. I just have to break down and buy some gloves I have never had such a problem but I have always had dishwasher!Have a good day at work!
Well I am going to go try and get the gangly creature sprawled in front of the TV out the door. My plan is to start asking him to help me and I am guessing he will soon recieve a very important call and need to go.

Happy day to all
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:13 PM

Sas you are far braver than I, but that is a great thing you did for your daughter. That sounded like the perfect plan for your DS. It would have worked on any of my kids!

I had to come check in to get out of the kitchen. Even though I did not bake people have brought over so much stuff I have a whole dining room table full of goodies. I have been eating way too much and moving way too little. i need to get back to regular routine but I think that is going to be pretty hard until after the holiday break.

Snow seems to be tapering off so DH went out to start clearing. I am trying hard to rest but it is difficult, after so much activity the last week or so I feel like I should have something to do!
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Hi Ladies,

It has been crazy at my house the past week. I started feeling sick to my stomach on Saturday and it got progressively worse. Christmas Day was really bad, I tried to eat but nothing sat well, when I went for my treatment on wednesday the doctor told me it is becuase the lining of my stomach is getting radiated and linings don't take it that well. I am also feeling a lot of pressure in my bladder, that is from the radiation too. I was told to drink lots of water and take tylenol for ht ebladder and to take 1 or 2 immodium daily for the stomach lining. Thank God I feel a little better today, I can eat very little, mostly bread and pasta no salads or fried foods, I am going to try a little steak tonight, I need the protein I haven't had any since Tuesday night. I am not complaining though because when I go for treatment I see people that are in much worse shape then I am, I thank God I only have to do radiation and that it is for prevention vs the folks that are there and doing chemo also or have inoperable cancers.

I also had to take my mom to the emergengy room the day after Christmas, her hand swelled up like a balloon, they kept her over night and diagnosed her with a form of arthritis called psuedogout because it has all the symptoms of gout but it is caused by calcium deposits vs uric acid. They also said it was hereditary so I am just waiting till it hits me !!! I told my mother couldn't you give me your thin legs instead?

My house looks like a hurricane hit it, I told the cleaning folks not to come this week, I figured I would get the tree down etc before they came and they could do a thorough cleaning next week.

I hope every one has a restful evening, talk to you tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register