2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 134 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Happy New Year

I just wanted to wish all my hyster sisters a safe, happy and healthy new year. I wanted to thank everyone that has helped me during my hyster on Oct. 1-07. This site has been a remarkable and very helpful site site for me...please be safe on the roads and here's wishing a bright future to all.... Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:51 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Well I started the bread last night and as soon a I sign off I will be doing the next step, I hope this one turns out a good as the one on Christmas, that wass the best loaf I ever made.

Eating healthy what a concept, I have been trying to do that since last
May, well the holidays kinda ruined my healthy eating but I will get back to it this week, I still need to knock off about 15 pounds, my doctor said lets see whn you get down another 10 and we will make the final call on the goal weight. I looked at a photo from Christmas Day and I tell you my face is the thinnest I ever remember, now if only my butt would follow that lead!

Today should be a restful day unless I start taking the tree down but even that shoudl not be so bad. I can't wait to eat the prime rib, last night I made crab cakes, my mother loved them but DH and I said they were only OK, I have made better, I threw that recipe away lol.

Talk to you later.
Unread 01-01-2008, 09:47 AM

Hello All,

Well we did make it to 12. Watched movies and played Blurt and Balderdash. Enjoyed the evening. I have a headache (No alcohol for me, but I did have some sugary cider) today but I am still hoping to get the tree down later.

More snow so my husband has to go out and shovel again! I am sure he will be happy when I get these restrictions lifted. My appt is on the 7th and I am really hoping I get clearance because I feel ready now.

I am making something my husband and I saw at the grocery for the first time. It is called Holiday roast. it is a roast the butcher rolled together, pork loin and beef loin, 1/2 and 1/2. It sounded interesting to us. I will make mashed potaotes, gravy, and peas and pearl onions with it.

Well my GD is next to me begging me to read a book so i will check back later.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Today is month 3 since becoming a hyster-sister. I am so glad I made the decision to go for it. My life is so much better for having done it. I hope everyone finds the same amount of success with it as I've had!! Staci
Unread 01-01-2008, 11:34 AM

good morning ladies!

Last night was nice. We had our meat and cheese tray. I made a pasta salad and baked beans. DH brought home a couple of movies that we all watched. The 2 youngest were excited to stay up until midnight. 4yr old son fell asleep two minutes before the ball dropped. I felt bad for him, he was waiting to yell happy new year. He is still sleeping.

Sas, It's funny you mentioned healthier eating. DH told me yesterday, he's been reading a book about healthier eating and he has all these recipes he wants me to try. I think it's a good idea to keep an eye on DD. My DD is only 8 and stick figure thin and she will sometimes ask me if she's getting fat. She's heard me talk about my body alot, so the last time she asked me if she was fat I had her and I stand in front of the mirror in our underwear. I said nope, we look good. (even though I was thinking in my mind "oh, ish" bout myself lol) I have made a big effort not to say anything negative about my body in front of her any more.

Suki don't wear yourself out if you decide to take your tree down. Prime rib...yummy

Jan it sounds like you had a nice evening as well. Your dinner sounds good. I haven't heard of that kind of roast before. I too hope you get clearance on your appt. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

I'm going to take my tree and decorations down today. We have alot of leftovers we need to use up so that's what we'll have.

Have a great day!
Unread 01-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Hi everybody,

Happy New Year

Suki, thanks for the bread recipe, thanks for offering. Prime rib, my husband would love for me to make that, but I’m lousy at roasts.

Hyper, I should have said log instead of buche. It’s just a chocolate roll cake, I fill it with whipped cream and a ganache topping, pretty decadent.

Gratefulme I admire your resolve for getting up so early to go to the gym. Thanks for sharing the jalapeno recipe!

Sas,don’t be too hard on yourself, just keep an eye on your DD, you sound like a very caring mom.

Jan, that sounds like a wonderful NY dinner, enjoy your evening.

Our turkey dinner went fine, it was the best I’ve made so far (Jan, I was off yesterday, TG, couldn’t have managed that on a work day). Later we watched TV to see the ball come down and I was off to bed after that.

Today, I went to have lunch with my mother, as no one else from my family calls or visits her. Came back in a blizzard and for now just sitting on the sofa, with my husband switching from the hockey game in Buffalo (snowing just like at home) and Fargo, I love that movie. Have a nice day everybody!
Unread 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Hi Ladies,

Dinner was delicous and I am glad to have the tree down. Only 1 more day and back to the regular old routine. This stretch from January through April is always so long.

Linda I am glad you had yesterday off! I really thought you were doing all that before work. Your night sounded perfect, and that dinner is one of my favorites.

Cindy and Suki I hope you are both done cleaning and are relaxing and enjoying yourselves.

I did think about the weight thing again though. I talked to Dh about it and he was not really supportive of the WW idea. He thinks it is too expensive and that we can count calories here for free as well as count points for a fee. He is more than willing to give up junk food and cut calories too, he just does not like the fee idea! I also know that it will be hard for me to get to the meetings on nights that I have to watch my GD. So I may give it a shot on my own for now. I definitely need to make a change though because for a long while after the surgery I maintained, but now I have started to gain some. Any ideas or experiences from you ladies would be quite welcome.

Well I am going to watch a movie with DH. Have a great evening!!
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

Wow you must all be busy! At 9am I am not usually the first poster!! It is really cold here this morning. Into the negatives. I know that is probably mild compared to where some of you live. I helped my DD super bundle GD since she has to go back to nursery school today. I will miss having her around all day now that things are going back to routine.

I have to go to the eye doctor this afternoon. This appointment is my yearly planned long before the hyst. I read a long post on the site that some women were told that after the whole hormonal change thing that your eyes take a nose dive and it usually changes your prescription. I will be interested to hear if that happens at the appt today, and if he recommends i wear the glasses all the time.

I am not yet sure what dinner is going to be. I'll have to let you all know when I check back later!
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:45 AM

Hi Ladies,

The snow hit us again yesterday.. I just cannot believe all we have. It is supposed to snow every day this week. I haven't walked in more than a week. The temp. is below 0 , must be like yours, Jan.

Sas, did you make that bread recipe? I want to make it soon. I wouldn't mind being a vegetarian but wouldn't know quite what to eat. I did try it a few years ago and had lots of bean soups. I need to make more of them.

Grateful, that is great your going to the gym and so early in the morning too.

Suki, I don't have a pan for the oven that big, do you have any idea what I could use? Good for you eating healthy and seeing the results.

Jan, how did your Holiday roast turn out? Sounds really good. Good luck on you apt. on the 7th. I never read anything about eyes getting worse after a hyst. but that makes sense since the estrogens are no longer there. I believe that est. effect the whole body and I tried to tell this to my gyn. dr but of course he is a man.. and poo pooed it.

Hyper, that was good what you did with your dd looking at yourselves in front of a mirror. Hey, maybe we could all encourage each other on eating healthy and exchanging recipes for this. I had to cook a pork roast because it sounded so good, I think Sas had that.

I 'm going out to clean my car off then I have an appt. with my insurance agent,( health ins. ) hope I make the right choice.

be well, everyone
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:49 AM

Good morning!

I got the tree and decorations down yesterday. It's definitely not fun taking them down. The kids go back to school tomorrow and real life begins. It has been so nice not being on a schedule. I have a pot roast in the crock pot.

Murph I have heard of a chocolate log. It sounds good. I'm glad you made it home safely. I love the move fargo too.

Jan good luck at your eye appt. Even before my surgery, I'm getting what I call "aging eyes" lol I'm finding it hard to read small print. Forget about a medicine bottle. I bought a cheap pair of reading glasses. I really should go have my eyes checked though. I have put on weight too Jan. Right after surgery I seemed to be losing some weight, but now since the holidays I can tell I'm gaining.

Have a good day everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register