2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 136 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-03-2008, 07:21 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good Morning Ladies,

I got back from McDonalds a while ago and could not walk there because the wind chill is 17 below here. The temps. should warm up to 40 above by Monday.

Jan, sorry about your car, I know what that is like. I have bought used cars for ages and am always putting so much money into them. Good that your husband can work on them. I had a nice supprise this fall when my DS and DIL and grandson came to visit me this fall, they brought me to the ford garage and there was a new car for me! Never did I expect them to buy something like this for me. Everytime I get in the car, I am overwhelmed.

Do you have to wear your glasses to drive? I never wear mine to drive but can see a little better with them. I cann't read without mine tho.

I am still eating my pork roast. Wish I knew of a recipe to make with it. I am not having pork for a long time after this. Think I will soak some beans for soup tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 07:32 AM

Good morning to you all,
Jan, Hi. I understand about the WW issue. Count on me if you have any questions or need support. The best thing to start with, is maybe journal what you eat. Then it’s a question of making choices with your food. Never skip meals, enjoy snacks, have some physical activity you enjoy and set small goals (with rewards of course). Enjoy the journey…

Joan, I’m also up to my eyeballs in snow – be careful if you have to shovel.

Katie, nice to hear from you. Sorry about you having cought some virus, hope those nasties clear soon.

Suki, thanks for that great link!

Sas, come and whine anytime, you just crack me up. Weather is weather, too much of anything is just TOO much. Giggle away, you deserve it!!

Kudos for those who took the trees down, it’s the hardest part of the Holidays I think.

I’m still on turkey leftovers…
I’m off to work, have a nice day ladies.

PS: Happy Birthday STACIJ !!
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:29 AM

good morning all!

It sure was hard getting up this morning after the break. When I took the kids to school this morning I realized that I've only been out of the house maybe 3 or 4 times since Christmas break started. It was kind of nice. But real life starts again today! I'm not sure what I'm making for supper. Probably something simple since DS has basketball practice and DD has dance.

Sas this is the best place to come for whining. I hope you're feeling in better spirits today.

kdpie nice to hear from you. I hear you about all the nasty bugs. You'd think we'd have built up an immune by now.

Joan we are having about the same temps here. The winds are brutal. I actually had to hold my steering wheel tight this morning. We are also supposed to get to 40 by the weekend. That will almost feel like summer. I think it is wonderful that your DS and DIL bought you a new car.

Murph have a good day at work.

Jan I hope your car holds out until the part comes. I've been in the same situation several times. I hope your first day back to work afer the long break will be a good one.

I'm off to run errands. Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 08:47 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy New Year to all!!! Hope everyone is doing well. HOlidays were very nice. My dd turned 14 on New Year's Day. Had a party for her on the 29th..she had a good time.

I'm back at work since yesterday. I had a week and a half off...really nice...slept in and tried to get some rest.

I took my decorations down on Tuesday since I was heading back to work the next day I wanted to get it all done. It looks so bare now...

Dd is still off from school and returns next Monday...she is enjoying her time off.

I too have noticed the weight gain...ugh!!! I'm working at it though. I'm at the gym on a regular basis and watching what I eat. Been having trouble again with sleeping through the night. Don't know if anyone has experienced achy bones..for me it is especially in the hip & legs.

Well beter get back to work....we are expecting rain for the next 4-5 days..couple of storms coming in back to back. Have a great day.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:27 AM

Hi Ladies, Doing some computer work and decided to check in.

Well I did get the car to start and drove DD to school and myself to work, but my dash instruments were not working, no speedometer! I live a short distance from my office so I got there fine. I am contracted by 3 schools and spend 4 days going to buildings to work with kids. Well I called my DH and told him what was going on and that i was going to have to drive to a building at 12:30 so he said he would come by and switch out my car for his so we would not have to worry in this weather about a breakdown. We are supposed to get into the 40's this weekend too, yay!!

Joan I do wear my glasses to drive. I got them last year and that was the primary reason. The doctor said I should wear them for driving and anything else that I could not see from a distance like a play or concert or something. They do help alot. As for the new bifocal issue he told me he is prescribing the lowest strength for the reading part. I can still read a book, computer, etc without a problem but do have aproblem with small print on like an Advil bottle or something, but if I hold the bottle to about chest height and I am in good light i can still read it so I really did not think reading lenses would be necessary now. He said technically I could probably do without because i can still read a book etc, but it is only going to get worse and that if I start the bifocals at a lower strength they will be easier to get used to. I was not convinced until he told me they would help with the transition problem that bugs me. I mean when I am watching tv and then look down at a book or vice versa it takes me a little bit to adjust and be able to focus clearly. Wow I did not mean to go on so much about this! I hope it makes sense to you.

Linda thank you for the support. I have begun journaling my food. I have been keeping track of the calories and I packed my snacks to bring along to work today. As soon as i have my appt on the 7th I am hoping to get into more physical activity. I have a treadmill I will get on and I am planning to go to yoga on saturday mornings to start with. I will keep you posted!

Cindy I hear you about the morning wake up! Good luck with your errands and activities today especially in this cold. I hope you get some chance to relax this evening.

Quickscrapper good for you with the gym and healthy eating! I have heard others complaining about the achy bones. Are you on HRT? I personally have not experienced the aching but I have seen other postings that recommended HRT to help with this.

Well I better get back to work. I will check back later.
Unread 01-03-2008, 04:25 PM

I just came in from finishing up getting the last of the outside decorations down and into the garage. We are expecting a big storm for the next 3-4 days and I wanted it all done before the rain hits. Looks like it will be here very soon. We are supposed to get 3 inches of rain and 40-60 MPH winds. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they are predicting. My neighbor has these trees in her backyard that seem to always cause power problems for us when there is a storm. She doesn't keep them maintained, so whenever there is wind, braches break off and hit the power lines and we lose power. I'm sure if the winds come about as predicted, we will be in trouble.
I was doing so well getting all the inside stuff put away over the weekend. The only thing left is the tree. I will start tackling that tonight.
DH is off tomorrow and Saturday, so I'm hoping he will help me with the tree. I am taking tomorrow off from work, so hopefully we can get a lot accomplished around here.
I hope you all have a great evening
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am cold and sleepy it was a long day back at work today. This evening just had some dinner played with my GD and I am actually thinking about going to bed early. Partly I just want to get under the warm blankets i fell so cold in here!

Lisa I hope you get your decorations down and don't lose power! Same to you Scrapper and Sas I hope your storms aren't too bad. Cindy I hope you got some rest. Linda I hope your day at work passed quickly. Joan stay warm up there! Suki I hope you are feeling well and had a good day.
Well good night ladies!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am really tired tonight, the tree is down and all the inside decorations are back in the attic. We had leftover prime rib for dinner and the only remaining desserts are cherry pie which I do not like and coconut macroons that the doctor told me will help with my stomach so they will stay around.

I hope everyone stays nice and warm, it was really cold today in NJ, well 20 degrees is cold for NJ, thank God we have not had any snow yet. I feel for you guys that have gotten hit really bad this season.

Well tomorrow is Friday and for all you ladies that are working I am sure you are glad the weekend is almost here. I really should try to get back to a work routine but I am so tried I really don't think I can do it yet. I do need to write up 14 year end performance evaluations, I will just do them one at a time until they are done, most of them are easy my team is really good, of course there is always one that gives you a hard time, I will save that one for last.

Well I am going to head for bed, talk to you tomorrow!!!!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:02 PM

Hi all!
I am also tired. I know I said this morning that DD had dance practice. I was wrong. We had a sunbeam meeting tonight. Dance tomorrow night. Our meeting went well, but 13 little ladies really can tire you out. When we got home I started having some left side pain that radiates down to my vaginal area. I'm a little worried, but hopefully after a good night sleep it will go away.

Jan sorry you had a long day at work. The good new is tomorrow is Friday already. I know what you mean about being cold. I just can't seem to warm up either in this weather.

Lisa you are a busy bee. I hope you get everything accomplished. Try not to wear yourself out.

Suki how lucky that such a yummy treat will help your tummy. I agree, take it slow. Don't try to go back to a work schedule until you feel ready. It sounds like you have alot of support at work which is good. I hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow.

Good night all. I'm wishing good sleep for everyone.
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:49 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

I was so exhausted last night that I slept pretty well Good thing because it has been a crazy morning here. I had to unexpectedly take my DD and GD to school this morning. I usually head out of town on Fridays and I don't take anyone. Luckily Dh seems to have fixed my car and it is running normal again.Of course GD was so happy to be going out with Grandma and Auntie that she did not want to go to daycare and that was an ordeal, but whew I finally made it to work.

My DH is working tonight so it will just be leftovers for us and probably some laundry for me.

Cindy I hope after a night of rest you are feeling better. I feel it still when I am running around alot too. Suki I love that prescriptin for macaroons! I hope you got some good rest and are feeling better too.

I better get to work. TTYL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register