2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 145 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Sas yes the crust of the bread is supposed to be nice and crusty, I guess you can shorten the time you bake it without the cover if you wanted it a little softer. It's amazing how easy that bread it to make isn't it. My father loves it sliced and toasted teh next day.

Jan happy belated birthday to your DD and I am sure your glasses will look terrific.

I am still not feeling so great I am calling the doctor to see if the antibiotics are strong enough to kill whatever I have, I think I need something stronger.

Well I have 4 more external radiation treatments and then the 3 weeks of internal treatments and I am done. Then I need to get back to my regular routine which includes working everyday, oh well you can't have everything.

We are going to Atlantic City today my friend got tickets to some kind of oldies concert, I feel like carp but I will feel that way at home or out so I am picking myself up and going out. I will bring the pain pills with me just in case I need them.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 11:52 AM

hi ladies, looks like you are all busy, i got my results from the lump i had on my back, and it's benign so excellent news. it was a lump found on legs or arms hardly ever found on your back, so i am quite different.
i feel like the light at the end tunnel has arrived.
have run out of bread so am going to make more today.
and am feeling for you guys living where it snows. where i grew up we lived about an hour from MT Rapehu (nz) and winter times got very cold and icy on the roads. I had a paper run on my bycycle and would still freeze with all my woolies on. come home crying because my fingers were so cold. then it was off to school after a hot milo all wrapped up again. the sun wouldn't come out sometimes until 1pm we'd have a town covered in a long white cloud that's why the maori call nz Aotearoa land of the long white cloud.
anyway stay warm and think when it's your spring our summer will be over.
but i love the different seasons anyway.
karen
Unread 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Karen - congrats on your good news - glad to hear the results were benign.
Have fun baking the bread....your kitchen is going to smell yummy- bring on the butter.lol!!!

Suki - good fo you for getting out. Enjoy the oldies concert. Maybe you do need a stronger antibiotic. Doesn't hurt to call the doctor's office. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM

I am so glad that this week is almost over. I am exhausted. I don't know why this week has been so hard on me, but I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.
Karen I'm glad that your biopsy came back benign.
Suki I hope you enjoy your day in Atlantic City. I hope you start feeling better real soon.
I'm off in a few minutes to finish up work for the day. Then it's off to the grocery store and the bank. After I get home from all that I don't plan on leaving the house again until Monday morning
Unread 01-11-2008, 03:40 PM

Hiya ladies,

Lisa I am crossing everything also for your DH to get the job. Let us know as soon as you hear.

Jan you weather sounds like ours, blah... It was snowing this morning then turned to rain and has not stopped as of yet. I still have been very busy tho. Had washing and lots of errands to do then my sister andI went to visit another sister and had a wine and cheese and lots of visisting. Boy this is a hard life. LOL I have not decided what I want for dinner. A pizza would be great. You know what, I just thought that I have some frozzen pizza and that is what is for dinner.

Scrapper I bet you are glld that your boss is back next week. Sounds like you need a few days to unwind. Hope you have a great weedend.

Lucille I am so anxious to make that bread. I need the right pan to do it tho. Boy I don't know how you muster the will to do so much. I admire you so much. I really believe that you are going to feel so good very soon. I think that is great that you are going to go the Atlantic City. Wish I were with you. Enjoy!!!

Karen I am so happy for your results of the lump. You must be so relieved.. Wow, you know what it is like to go out in the cold. You don't see too many girls deliver papers here, but it did have a friend that did it. I used to skate on the ice all winter long when I was young and freeze my toes. How cold does it get there?

Hope you are all enjoying your Friday night and the coming weekend.
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

So glad to be done for the evening. Unfortunately the other night when I spent so long at the eye doctor and then we ordered pizza, screwed up my Friday routine. We actually had to make dinner! We had pork chops, stuffing, brocolli, and applesauce and it has been served and cleaned up. I plan to play with GD a bit and then watch a movie when she goes to bed.

Thank you all for the birthday greetings for my DD.

Cindy you sounded like you had a nice relaxing Friday planned.

Scrapper I hope you found the gift you needed.

Lisa I agree, TGIF. I have plans to go out to breakfast with some girls from work in the morning and then I will be home until Monday as well. I can not wait to sleep in on Sunday. Tomorrow I appreciate that even though I am not sleeping in no makeup, no work clothes, no major schedule. But I am looking forward to no alarm on Sunday!

Karen that is great news about your test! Now you can enjoy your beautiful weather and camping with no worries. I bet your bread was delicous.

Suki I hope you have had a great day in Atlantic City!

Joan wine and cheese and girltalk sounds like a wonderful afternoon. I like frozen pizza too. Sometimes we have that when it is just me and DD.

Have a great evening ladies!!
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:40 PM

Hi ladies!

Well it is quiet here now and I'm going to be off to read after this. We actually had frozen pizza tonight. It wasn't bad. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Quickscrapper I hope you have fun at the birthday dinner tommorrow.

Suki I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but I hope you were able to enjoy your trip to Atlantic City.

Lisa I think staying in until Monday is a good plan.

Joan what a fun day having wine and cheese with your sisters.

Jan sometimes my Friday pizza night gets rearranged and I end up cooking too. I don't like cooking on Fridays though. Pork chops sounds good. I hope you have a nice breakfast with the girls. That sounds like fun.

Karen I'm so happy to hear about the benign diagnosis. I'm sure that is a big weight off of your shoulders.

I hope you all have a great weekend.
Unread 01-12-2008, 01:17 AM

since we moved to bay of plenty near tauranga in north island it is alot warmer than when we lived by the mountain.
winter time we can still play tennis if it's not raining. we tend to get dumpings of rain then nothing for awhile.

just wondering what you all do if you have hobbies or sports too, with work , do you find time for that sort of stuff.
I work in the kiwifruit orchard and as we own it i love just going out pruning the young vines or thinning fruit,, mowing and often just on my own as my husband goes from this orchard to our other one at his parents orchard. it's a family run orchard but we still need indian pruners to come in as it's alot quicker.
I love being in the orchard working on my own as it's quite peaceful and down at the back of our orchard as i'm working i can see the sea.
my hobbies are cross stitch tennis, and leading girl guides hopefully rangers this year. My daughter want's to go up to rangers now from girl guides and there is no ranger leader so i may as well do it.
my hubby helps our son with his sports cricket and small bore shooting.
and we like camping in our caravan and we love fishing.
I love doing ancestry too so if i'm not here i am ussualy doing that.
while i was recovering from the hyster i never read one single book but i was able to come here and also go do my ancestry.
well keep warm people and hope you enjoy your trips here and there those travelling that is, and keep your families nearby they are what we really need i think.
back tomorrow karen
p.s, my goal this year is to walk the milford track down the south island, that's my other hobbie is tramping in the bush. no snakes or wild animals unless you come across a wild pig, i haven't but my husband has and that's a whole nother story.
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:24 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Well the trip to Atlantic City was fun we had dinner, gambled a little bit and then saw Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge, I know some of you ladies are to young to remember him but I am sure you have heard some of his songs like 16 Candles and the Worst that Could Happen. They made a lot of jokes about all the white hair in the audience and how they now sing for AARP members.

I did get motion sickness driving down to AC but we topped and I sat in the front seat and it was better, I took a dramamine for the trip home its only 1 1/2 hours away but motion sickness stinks even for 5 minutes. I guess I will not be taking any long trips for a while. The medicines are finally beginning to work but I still think I need something stronger, the doctor's office told me to give the meds a few days and if I still didn't feel good by Monday to call back. I have been to my gyn so much lately that I made friends with one of the assistants and she told me if I have any problem sto call her and she will call something else into the pharmacy for me but I think I may need to see the doctor again.
I have 4 more external radiation treatments and then the internal treatments, those are done once a week, so I have 4 more weeks of treatmetns and then I should be home free. I can't wait for that day, I am tired of feeling sick and the emotions are back in full swing, I am crying again all the time.

Well I need to go take a shower it was a later then usual morning here and then take my mom grocery shopping.

TTYL
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:27 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well it is cold but we have sun for a change and that makes the day so much better no matter how cold it is!

This morning was very nice and I really enjoyed getting out for some fun. I came home did some cleaning and ate lunch. The baby is napping. I need to run out to the pharmacy and the video store. After that It is either going to be crochet a bit or start laundry. Haven't actually decided yet. Tonight's dinner is going to be pizza casserole. Other than that just relaxing planned.

Suki I am glad to hear the meds are starting to take effect. Your trip sounds like fun. I ma glad you had some dramamine to take, that helps alot.

Karen owning an orchard sounds like an interesting career. Your area sounds beautiful. Camping with kids is always alot of fun. I know what you mean about having a hard time with hobbies and activities when you are working and caring for a family. I don't have much to add in that department as I am pretty much of a homebody. I spend my time wathing my GD, cooking for the family, crocheting or watching tv or movies, and occassionally reading. I do love movies. I used to walk alot and even hike but I have gotten out of the habit, but I am trying to get back at it.

Well I better get at those errand. Check back later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register