2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 149 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies

Murph I am down to 2 more external radiation treatments this week then I have the 3 internals, they are supposed to be once a week for 3 weeks. i have nto decided how I will celebrate the end of the treatmetns but when I do I will let you guys know.

I am still not feeling so good with the infections and lesion, I needed to refill all my meds, you know tht one dose yeast infection medicine Difulcan well tomorrow will be my 5th dose and I still have the infection. I am now talking to my gyn daily, I had to anxiety attacks today and I called him to see if it could be any of the meds I am taking. he didn't think so but said I could stop taking the antibiotics if I felt they were causing it. I actaully realized I had the attacks after I took my vitamins both times today so I think I will stop the vitamins for a couple of days and see what happens.
Vitamins can be controversial, I started with cranberry extract over the weekend and have a feeling tha tis interacting with whatever else I am taking, I will cut down to a multivitamin, iron and acidophilis and see what happens.

Sorry for ranting but it feels good to get it off my chest and you guys are such good listeners!!!!

I need to start that imagery stuff, you know think good thoughts it will calm you down, yeah right I will try it...

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep, talk to you in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 06:59 PM

Hi
It seems like a few of us were posting at once! Grateful thanks for the recipe. I have never used butter nut flavoring? Is that a falvored extract like vanilla or such? I will have to look for it. You sure got a bonus with your haircut! I just love babies they are the sweetest. i think your retirement plan is wonderful. I will be crossing my fingers tomorrow for sure!
Suki I think you are right to stop the new vitamins. I would take only what is necessary at this point. I really hope something helps soon! That imagery stuff takes awhile to get used to but it really does work. I did it alot in college.
Wishing sweet dreams to you all!
Unread 01-15-2008, 07:34 PM

Suki you come here and rant anytime you need to. You always have such a positive attitude. With all you are going through right now, you are an inspiration to me

I have been trying to get sick for the past few days. It feels like something between my throat and my chest. I have times when I feel really crummy and then it seems to clear up. Who knows??

Yesterday they had to put my step dad in the hospital. He had knee replacement surgery last Wednesday. Came home Friday and was doing fine. Yesterday morning his heart started racing and they couldn't get a blood pressure on him. My Mom called the ambulance and they took him in. They ran one test today and will continue testing tomorrow. My Mom just called and said he is doing better now. They have his heart rate regulated now.

I am the only one home this evening. I am really enjoying the peace and quiet. I had some leftover spaghetti for dinner. I have one more load of laundry to go and then that is all caught up. Work this morning was very stressful. I transport young children from a daycare to their schools in the morning. Today we had the worst fog we have had in a long time. Visibility was down to 0. I'm hoping that tomorrow it won't be as bad.

I hope everyone has a nice evening and a good nights sleep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Hey all...
Yep it was chicken here tonight! I made chicken stirfry for the meat eaters and penne with broccoli for all but main dish for veggie girl.

Suki please do not apologize! You are so allowed!! I am sending you healing thoughts... like Lisa said you are an inspiration. I have read that certain supplements can actually cause certain meds not to work and vice versa... Docs alot of times are notthat knowledgable about drug interactions. Maybe you could talk to your pharmacist.

Lisa sorry about your stepdad.. hope his heart stays regulated and he can go home soon. scary driving in that! especially with little ones!Keep on fighting that bug!!

Jan I hope GD feels better soon it is so sad when they are that sick.

Grateful you are so smart! I can not help kids past 5th grade with math. luckily #2 son is math wiz so I say go ask your brother!! I think even with a book it would tie my brain in knots. Mega mom applause!

Cindy DD home again today. I knew she was really sick as she hates to catch up on all the make up work. So to stay home 2 days she was SICK!

Nik Glad appt. went ok Ugh every 3 months!
Everyone have a good nights sleep!!
Unread 01-16-2008, 06:42 AM

Morning all! Woke up at 2:44 this morning DH snoring. We fell asleep on the sofa and I was really resting quite nicely until then!

Some of my GF's and I decided to take a trip to Memphis just because. I've never been so if anyone knows of anything fun to do, let me know. We're going Labor Day weekend.

Suki- I did ask DH (Mr Healthy) about the interactions and he echoed what sas said and said at a minimum herbal should be taken 2 hours from prescription but it's probably best to stop it all until you're done with prescriptions. The antibiotics will give you the yeast infection b/c they're destroying all bacteria healthy or not but the Diflucan should help. Also, you might want to try a probiotic when you're done to make sure you get your healthy bacteria back. You are such a trooper you didn't even sound like you were ranting at all. I'd probably take some vicodin and sleep this one out for about 3 days if it were me!!!

mrswillie- yes, butter nut is an extract like vanilla. Matter of fact, I think it says butter nut vanilla or something like that. I got it right next to the vanilla extract. Can't remember where you are or if you have a wal mart or not but I'm sure they have it.

We almost had chicken last night (leftover) but I looked at it and told DS, let's go to subway and get a sandwich.

sas- thanks for the applause but don't even think about putting science, history or english in front of me. Math is my only skill. LOL . Hope DD is up and at 'em real soon. Growing up my mom was so funny if you said you were sick she'd say 'what the h*** do I look like, a nurse???' She never got Mother of the Year.

Lisa sorry to hear about your SD, that can be pretty overwhelming. Hope you enjoyed your peaceful evening at home.

My funny for today:
We share a parking garage owned by the county with several other businesses. So, security called me and said 'Ummm,yeah. Someone from another company called to report someone driving recklessly in the parking garage this morning (I'm thinking, Lord what idiot am I going to have to call this morning...) and when we ran the licence plates, it was YOU!' I was SO embarrassed but I just responded okay I'll talk to myself about that but she needs to get the heck out of my way!!! I knew exactly who it was but I'll turn the other cheek on this one!! LOL.

Everyone have a sunny day, regardless of the weather!!!!
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM

Grateful... when my kids are doing homework I encourage them to look things up and ask each other. One time my youngest says to me, " Mom you are not very smart are you? " I asked her why she said that and she said it was because any time they asked me questions I never knew the answers and was always telling them to ask brothers or look things up.
She must have been about 7 or 8. She was so matter of fact about it and kind of feeling sorry for me.

A couple of weeks ago #1 DD was working on cell division. The kids were talking and I swear it was like they were speaking a foreign language. To cover I sometimes say, "geez I already did school... do not ask me.."

Too funny your garage story!!

I am wishing everyone and wonderful day... Hi Cindy, Suki and Murph!! I see we are all on at the same time!
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:50 AM

Sas, kids are funny, when my niece was little we were playing a computer game and I couldn't get a grip on using the curser keys as a joystick, mind you I work for the largest computer company in the world, she turns to me and says gee Aunt Lu don't you know how to use a computer. I laughed they are so innocent. I am glad I do not have to help with homework I would be terrible, I remember as a kid my mother always told me to wait till my father got home and my older brother was useless, he new less than me.

Have a good day.
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:11 AM

Hey ladies,

DD went back to school, DS is home sick today. Once it starts it's like a never ending cycle.

Hi Sas I'm pretty useless when my DS asks me to help him with math. He pretty much doesn't even ask me anymore. He usually tells me," I need some help with math here, but since you obviously can't help me, I'll wait for dad". That's why I have to do my sudoku and cryptograms in front of them. Then they say, wow mom, you're really smart. Are your kids better today?

Lisa I'm sorry about your stepdad. I hope he will be feeling better and back home soon. I hope you can fight off the bug you might be getting.

grateful your garage story is too funny. When we were little my mom was just the opposite. She had us in the doctors office everytime we sneezed.

Suki I hope that when you adjust and eliminate some of the things you been taking, you'll feel better. You are getting close to the end of your radiation treatments. We will have to have a little cyber party here when you're done.

Jan Is your GD better today? It's funny how we all sometimes have the same basic ideas for supper.

Joan I hope everything is o.k. with you.

I'm making stuffed peppers tonight, even though noone here really cares for them much, I decided to be selfish, because I love them.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:14 PM

Bonsoir mesdames,

Nikkic, Happy NY to you also and good to see you are doing well, great news.

Hyper, Jan – hope the little ones get well soon.

Lisa, hope your SD is doing OK and that you got rid of that pestering bug trying to get at you.

I went to agility training with Molly, then for a long walk in the woods with her. When I got back, I had a nice long bath and face mask. I needed a bit of pampering. Since I’m a bit broke after the Holidays, decided to do like a home spa afternoon. Hubby made some Beef stew for dinner.

Have a nice evening everyone.
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:30 PM

Hello ladies!

I can sure tell I am feeling more myself because I have noticed my work days getting longer and longer. I have to remind myself that I was going to try harder to balance my priorities during the week. GD is better today. fever gone and she was able to go back to daycare, but she is still congested.

Grateful your garage story is soooooo funny! My Mom was more like Cindy's, at the doctor for everything. DH hardly ever went. I think that may be why I am so much more anxious than him, it runs in the family.

Cindy I am glad your DD is better and I hope your DS feels better soon. Those bugs do run through the whole family and some years it seems like they don't stop until May!

Sas don't feel like you are out of the norm. We hear that at every parent conference, that they can not do the kids homework. It is one of those things that alot of that knowledge does not really apply to us in daily life so we lose it when we don't use it. Dh knows that I have to know that stuff because I am always assigned to tutor kids at school so lucky me he has always passed the buck to me for our kids homework. College and high school and I am still editing papers! LOL

Suki my kids have tried, I am useless with those games, so that story I can more than relate! I hope you are feeling ok today.

Lisa I hope you are feeling ok today too. I hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet. Tonight is my night to have a few hours alone. My DH is at work, #1 DD at work, #2 DD at poms, DS at girlfriends, and GD not to come home from her Dad's until 8:30. I am going to vacuum, then quiet time for me!

Murph your spa day sounds great. I think I may put on some of my DD's face mask while I do my relaxing. Beef stew sounds good too. Just leftovers here, since I was all alone. I didn't mind~~less dishes.

Well enjoy your evening ladies. TTYS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register