2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 150 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

hey all I was peeking to see what everyone was making... I took lean gr beef out and had planned on tacos but alas...no tortillas! Maybe taco salad.

Suki my kids make fun of me about every electronic device there is..!Sometimes I even need them to do things on my cell cuz do not always know how to do things. Whenever I master something my DS says welcome to the 21st century mom...

So another thing my kids say is why do I even need to learn this?? I tell them they need to learn some things cuz they wiil use it in life and they need to learn other things so that they can help their kids with their homework and not feel like an idiot!

Cindy..middle 2 are better and back to school... #2DD is in bed with fever and scratchy throat!..#1DS is complaining his allergies are bad but I have a feeling he too is coming down with the family bug... I am hoping it passes me and DH by.. Next year you will have all the bugs with little guy in kindergarten!! hope the bug clears up in your house soon! Yeah for selfish! We seriously need to be sometimes!

DH is havin a special procedure next week. It is about as intrusive for the man as our paps I suppose. They are sending UP a camera to check what is happening and cut anything out they find. poor baby.... Wait till he finds out all the special things he gets to drink.. guess I should pick him up some mags for when his system is clearing out. They are putting him out so he is lucky in that way. My turn to take him to and from hospital..

Well I hope everyone is feeling good and having a nice relaxing evening!
Murph enjoy the beef stew..
Jan enjoy your peace and solitude..and leftovers!
I am off to create something.. or call DH and have him pick up tortillas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well my saga continues, the yeast infection is now a bacterial infection, so new antibiotics and because of the 3 anxiety attacks yesterday I got an RX for Xanax today, it just seems there is something new everyday. I saw my gyn again today, they must think I am nuts in that office.

Tomorrow is my last external radiation treatment woo hoo. I will see the radiology oncologist and schedule the internal treatments. I can't imagine having the internals with an infection so we may need to take a week off, I will let you guys know what I find out tomorrow.

My DH knows I am not feeling so great so he said hey lets go out for burgers tonight, he is so sweet, so much for my healthy eating but I must admit that burger tasted pretty good.

Hope all the kids get well soon and those nasty bugs leave your households, I know once they get into a house it takes a while to get them out.

OK since I didn't cook 2 nights in a row i thin kI will make shrimp and pasta tomorrow night for dinner unless someone comes up with a great idea that just sweeps me off my feet.

Here is wishing everyone a good nights sleep, talk to you tomorrow.
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:08 AM

Hello Ladies,

I did the face mask last night and it felt great. Thanks for the idea Linda!!

I don't know exactly what the day will bring today. My 16yr old DD came home from poms and asked me to feel a spot on her breast that was sore. It is an obvious lump. When I get to the office this morning I am going to call the doctor and see about getting her in. I know this is probably not serious, but I am having a difficult time not worrying about it.

I have a dentist appt tonight so this day is going to be filled with fun.

Well I am off to shower. I'll keep you posted.

Suki Hooray for that last treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope the oncologist ahs a good plan for the infection and treatments. Good Luck!!

Grateful still keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:06 AM

Good morning ladies

Its been a couple of days since I posted but have read everyones post each day. I just didn't feel that well yesterday even tho I had walked in the morning (with my grippers on) I was so looking forward to starting card playing in the evening with some of the old gang (4 of us ladies others moved away) I used to play with when all of our kids were very yourg and played for at least 10- yrs. Well I had to cancel because didn't feel up to it. Funny, I feel fine today, not sure what it was. My groin was really hurting when I got home, had walking on icy sidwalks I guess. I thought I was completely healed.

Sorry that so many of you have sick children at home. When I had one sick ithe other one would get it then me.

Sas sorry to hear that your DH will be having a procedure. Hope everything turns out fine.

Lucille I don't know how you cope so well with all that is happening to you. That is great that you will be getting your last radiation treatment Hope that your internal treatment go well withour any problems. Shrimp and pasta sounds wonderful. I have been thinking about buying fresh shrimp for shrimp creole. ummm

Jan I hope everything will be ok with your DD. Glad you DGD is feeling better.

Lisa sorry to hear what your SD went thru. I hope you didn't have
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:19 AM

here I am again,

I made a mistake and was not finished with my post.
Lisa, I hope you didn't have fog this morning. Scary to drive in 0 visibility.

Grateful your garage experience was really funny.

Hey Cindy that must be why I like my Sudoku also haha When I visit my GK I help them with homework now. I love stuffed peppers too. Haven't made them in a long time. I love the red pepper best and can get them much cheeper in the summer tho.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 01-17-2008, 01:36 PM

Hi all,
Busy morning. Little DS and I went to Target and grocery shopping. Target has alot of clearance right now, so I was in there way longer than I wanted. DD and DS are well now and back to school. Today is my DH's birthday. I'm going to make lemon and dill chicken for his birthday meal. Then we'll have cake and give him his present. Then he and DS will be going to race slot cars. We got him a new slot car for his birthday, so it should go well.

Murph I like your home spa idea. That sounds sooo relaxing. I'd have to do it after the kids are in bed though, or the little ones would be banging on the door. Mom, mom, what are your doing?!

Jan I'm glad your GD is better. I hope that everything is o.k. with DD. It is probably nothing serious, but good to get checked.

Sas hope all goes well with DH procedure!! You are right, when the little one starts kindergarten he'll be bringing home those nasty bugs too! Hope your DD feels better soon.

Joan I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad you're better today. Will your friends be getting together for cards again, so that you will be able to play? I did make my stuffed peppers with the red kind. I had to buy them at the local grocer here in town and payed a pretty penny for them.

Suki you poor thing. I hope that nasty infection clears up soon! Yay for one more external treatment. I hope you will be able to start your internal treatments and all will go well. My DH would love your shrimp and pasta. I'm not a seafood lover. I like crab, and some fish, but that's about it.

I hope you are all enjoying your day. Take care!
Unread 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM

mrs willie, i know what it feels like for your daughter worying about a lump, i just had one from my back and found it was benign. so keep her busy while waiting for results and am sure her being 16 she will hopefully be fine.
the best thing is to get it checked out now.
god bless seeya karen
Unread 01-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Hi Ladies

Well today is one step closer to ending this chapter of my life, 25 external radiation treatments COMPLETED. I do 3 internal treatments once a week starting next Wednesday, hopefully by then these nasty infections will be gone too.

Yesterday my gyn gave me an RX for xanax because I have been feeling very anxious and had 3 anxiety attacks, wel I slept like a baby last night, hopefully it will work again tonight and I can get 2 nights in a row. I think I have another lesion though and I am debating whether or not I should call the gyn again, I am starting to feel like a pain in the neck, but I really do have lots of pain, it is very uncomfortable and tomorrow makes 2 weeks.

Jan good thing to call the dr for your daughter hopefully it is nothing but I will add her to my prayer list.

Hyper happy birthday to DH

Joan hope you are feeling better

Sas good luck to DH on his procedure

Well I think I will go watch Ugly Betty now, thank god for Tivo, don't know how I lived without it for all those years.

Talk to you tomorrow
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:14 AM

Hi

Sorry I did not get back on yesterday. I am not feeling well. I guess I must have caught gd's bug. I feel terrible. Achy, congested cough etc.

DD is ok. Dr thinks it sis a cyst. Just watching it to see if it goes away or gets larger. He said he feels other tiny cysts and said many people have that type of cystic breasts and it is not serious.

I wish it was Saturday, but TGIF. If I am not too wiped I will check in later, but not sure.

Congrats to you Suki on the treatments and the sleep. Rest and heal!

Hello to you all and have a good day I need to try and get ready to drag myself through the day.
Unread 01-18-2008, 06:13 AM

Morning all. Well, Friday is here, Yippie!!!

Suki- I am seriously sending you the biggest hug and the best thoughts. This too shall pass...so sorry you have to go through all of this. I say call the doctor every time you need to. It's not like they're not charging you for it! Congratulations on the last of the external. You deserve a long vacation and a serious spa day.

Jan- that is great news on your DD. I've heard breasts can by 'cyst-y' at young ages, good you got it checked but what a nice relief. I think we're all passing around a cyber bug or something LOL!!! Last 2 days I have not felt good either. Headache and sore throat but maybe some extra rest over the weekend will do the trick.

DH gets a ginger root and peels and cuts about 4 one inch pieces and steeps (not boil) for about an hour. Squeezes an entire lemon in it and honey to taste. Enough water for about 2 coffee cups. It works SO great for congestion and sore throat. Drinking the ginger root tastes kind of like pepper (thus the honey) but it works. If I'm really bad off, he'll put a little rum in it to help me rest (or maybe knock me out so I don't whine!) either way, it's good.

DH job interview went well, haven't heard anything, will keep you posted. He said they do a series of 5 interviews so it could be a while. Thanks for all the good thoughts!

DS has a basketball tournament on Sat which I'm dreading. The team is horrible and have yet to win more than one game and he gets SO mad about it, it's just an emotional roller coaster. I feel bad for all the kids. The coach doesn't know what he's doing and it's frustrating for them. You hope it builds their character but with kids they just cry and get mad! Maybe they'll look back on it one day and learn something.

Joan- I hope you can get back together with your friends soon, what a bummer to miss that. Keep those grippers on so you don't fall!

Sas- your DH will be shocked about the cleaning out. Will be thinking good thoughts for his procedure and take good care of him! My DH is the worst patient ever bless him.

Well, better get some work done, will check back with you later. Have a fantastic Friday!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register