2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 151 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,

Cindy did you get some good buys at Target? I love that store but unfortunately we don't have one hear. I go to one when I visit my DS and family. Even ordered on-line. Sounds like your DH had a great birthday. So nice for sons and fathers to do things together.

Wow Suki, you've had 25 treatment already. I can imagine how relieved you must be right now. My prayers go out to you. With just 3 internal treatment you are almost home free. I hope you never get another panic attack, what a horrible thing to get. I would call the dr immediately if I were you, you don't need any other problems. Good luck with that problem.

Jan, sorry you are not feeling well. I hope by going to work that you feel better. Also, I am so happy with the news about your DDs cystic breast and not to worry about it. I have a friend who has had this problem and nothing to worry about.

Grateful believe it or not my mother used to give us hot lemonaide with a little shot of ginger brandy and it would seem to make us sweat the bug out of us. haha I will try your way of making it tho. even without the brandy.

I am feeling great today thank you all. The ladies I was supposed to play card with will be playing every two week. We used to play every week and had such a great time. There were 8 or 9 of us and we played poker for pennies and all kind of silly hands. We each got out turn around the table and would you believe we talked and laughed so much sometiime we didn't get around the table before we left. I would go home and lay in bed and thing about some thing that made us laugh and would laugh all over again.
I can't waite to see them again. It's a beautiful day here, sun is shinning.
We have a new store opening up in our Mall today and everything is half price..my sister and I are going.

Have a great day and good health to everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Hi all,

My DH had a good birthday. He was really surprised with the slot car we gave him. He took it with last night, and said it ran great and was really fast. We have a wind chill advisory for tonight and tomorrow. The are saying anywhere from 20-50 below wind chills. I don't think we'll be going out. Although DS has a basketball game tomorrow morning. Maybe they will cancel it.

Jan I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you'll be able to rest this weekend and feel better. That's good news about your DD.

Joan I did get some good buys. I found some track pants for my ds for 3.00 a piece. He had been saying he'd like a comfy robe to lounge around in. I found one also for 3.00. I found my dd some cute tops. Your card games sound like fun. What kind of store is opening in your mall?

Grateful hope you also get some rest over the weekend and feel better. Your hubby sounds like a keeper. I will keep my fingers that all goes well with DH's interviews.

Suki you have been in my daily prayers. Call your dr as much as you need to. That is what they are there for. I hope you will feel better soon.

I'm off for now. I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:31 AM

Cindy I forgot the name of the store,but everything is under $20.00
Sarah Jessica Parker has a line of clothing in there.
We also have a weather alert but not like yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Hello ladies,

Last week was a very busy work week for me so wasn't able to post. I've read through most of the posts. My boss was on vacation but she called and emailed with different things for me to do. She is back this week so it was a busy one too. I'm so glad it's Friday!!!

Hope all those that were under the weather are feeling better. Our rain has stopped but it has been on the chilly side and windy.

Dd had so much homework this week...so we were up late most of the week. Tonight plan on just relaxing and watching some TV...catch up on shows we have on Tivo. Will more than likely do the marketing after work and then pick up dinner...I don't usually cook on Fridays.

I've done pretty well with cooking all week. We had chicken twice and then some beef. I made a whole chicken last night...used lemon juice and then the lemon pepper seasoning..came out yummy.

We have no major plans for the weekend. Have some cleaning to do and want to work with dd on her math...she is struggling with algebra so her teacher gave her some drills to work on.

We have Monday off for Martin Luther King day...so maybe we will fit a movie in sometime over the weekend.

I had to go back to the doctor yesterday for my back...still having pain. She said that I probably have bilateral sciatica. I told her that I was also experiencing numbness in the hip area down to my legs so she sent me for xrays to see what is going on. She should have the results in a couple of days.

Well ladies...time for lunch....have a great day and weekend.

mrswillie - glad to hear that dcotor thinks it is only a cyst for dd. I had one that they watched for awhile...ended up having it removed because it kept growing...results were beningn.
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:19 PM

Hi all!
Our temp right now is -6 and windchill is -27. We didn't have pizza tonight like we usually do on Fridays. I made omelets and southwest style hash browns. We don't have anything planned for the weekend right now. I do not want to go out in this weather. If DS's basketball game is on in the morning, DH will take him. It's been quiet on the board today. I hope all of you who are sick are getting some rest and will feel better soon.

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 01-18-2008, 06:08 PM

Jumping in for a minute to say hi. That bug that was trying to invade me earlier in the week has been successful I started feeling really crummy on Wednesday night. I am so glad that it's Friday. I don't have anywhere to go for the next 3 days. Plan on staying home and getting over this stuff. I have never blown my nose so much. I went to the store today and bought some robitussin and then some ny-quil for tonight. I plan on just knocking myself out with drugs.
Jan I hope that you start feeling better, too. I'm glad that your dd is okay. I have fibrocystic breasts and it's a pain to deal with.
Suki I'm glad that your external treatments are a part of history now. Good luck with the internal ones.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays warm.
Unread 01-18-2008, 06:46 PM

Happy Weekend Ladies,

First of all thank for all the good thoughts and prayers you have no idea how it makes me feel to know so many people are rooting for me.
When I saw the doctor on Wednesday he gave me a new antibiotic (so new I had to go to 2 pharmacies before they had any and then they only had 3 and had to get more for me) and I really think this one is working, I am starting to feel a lot better with the infections which I think is making me feel a lot better in general. I have not had another panic attack since Tuesday, I went for a very long walk this morning when I woke up and it felt really good.
When I came back I worked for a while and then decided I wnated to play so I went with DH to pick the twins up from preschool and we took them out ot lunch at the mall, of course grandma had to buy them something so we picked out little valentine stuffed animals from Hallmark, they really have me twisted around their little fingers.
Unread 01-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Good morning ladies,

Well woke up this morning with a sore back rite near my shoulder blade. Went to McD for coffee, one friend I walk with is going to Nicaragua for 6 wks. and another friend is in Florida for 3 mo. It will be quiet at McD for a while since only 3 friends left for coffee and our trooper friend sometimes.
It is a white out here, didn't know that we were expecting so much snow.
I will be going to Mass at 4 pm then invited over to a friends for dinner. Four of us ladies and we play dominos lots of fun and chatter...

I hope that your are feeling better Jan and Lisa.

Cindy your weather is worse then ours. We are going below 0 tomorrow tho. Better dress warm if you go out. Omlets and Hash sounds good..

Lucille thats wonderful that you got a new antibiotic that is working for you and you are feeling better. Good for you for walking. I walk with an arm radio and listen to music or a talk show. I listen to a great talk show early in the morning and I hate to get to McD because I have to turn it off. Feels so good when I get home knowing I've had my walk. It is really icy out today and snowing besides my back hurts so no walking. I miss it. Glad that your not having panic attacks. Are your twins identical? GK are so special!!

Enjoy your weekend ladies.
Unread 01-19-2008, 08:51 AM

Good morning,

I woke up and starting sneezing almost non-stop and my nose is all stuffy. I don't really feel bad right now though. My DD was having a bad tummy ache again last night and diarrea. It is -14 -27windchill right now. DS has a bb game at 11:00, then this afternoon he is going to his friends 13th birthday celebration. They are all going out for pizza, then to monster jam and they are all sleeping over at his house.

Suki I'm so glad to hear that the new antibiotic is helping you and that you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday with your GKs.

Joan you lead an active life. You're always doing something fun. I hope you have fun at your get together tonight. I hope your back feels better.

Jan and Lisa and anyone else who is sick I hope you are resting and feeling better.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Hi again,

Cindy hope you are not coming down with something. Its mighty cold there.
Didn't know that boys have do that much on their birthdays like the girls slumber party's.

I finally bought a pot to make that no kneed bread. I plan on making it today and cooking it tomorrow. Hopefully I will have it for breadfast.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register