2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 152 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-19-2008, 09:42 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello ladies,

Hanging in there but this is some doozy of a virus. Yesterday When I got home from work DH wanted me to take my temp it was 100. By 5 I had chills and he took it again, 102. I have been taking tylenol every four hours, seems the only way to keep it down. Nasty cough that sounds like a whoop and I agree about so much nose blowing. I sure hope none of you ladies get this one! All this coughing is making my bladder feel like it is going to fall out! Hard to describe but i don't like it.

Cindy we have the same weather that you do right now. I am almost out of robitussin and halls but I do not want to go out tin this. Going to see if I can get DS to do it when he gets off work. DH is at the firehouse today.

Lisa I have the same plan as you, but unfortunately I have to work Monday.

Joan sorry about your soreness. Your evening sounds fun.

Cindy we did not have our pizza either, it was chicken soup here. Your DS' plans sound fun and I am glad you don't have to go out.

Suki that is the best news about your new drugs working!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you had fun with your GKs and hope you begin to feel even better.

I am going to breathe some steam and lay down.

Have a good day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 10:36 AM

Hi!

Yes, it's me again. I have way too much time on my hands this morning! I'm just surfing on the computer and vegging out.
DS and DH were getting ready to leave for the bb game and DS discovers he left his uniform and bb shoes in his school locker. DH ran up to school, but noone was there and it was locked up tight. Our school is connected to our church and our pastor lives across the street. They ended up calling our pastor to see he would mind opening school door. It turns out he's sick with the flu, but he was kind enough to let DH borrow the key. So now DS is going to be late for the game and I'm sure coach will not be happy. I love that boy dearly, but he can be so irresponsible. I guess it's the age.

Joan DS and his friends have not had birthday parties since they were little. But this year, they have all had some kind of party for their 13th birthday. They do though sleep over at each other's house occasionally and eat too much junk food and stay up too late playing video games.

Jan I'm sorry you are down with that nasty virus. It's that time of year I guess. I hope you're DS will get the things you need so you don't have to go out in this ishy weather. Get plenty of rest and drink alot of liquids. Feel better soon.

o.k. I promise I'm not going to post anymore today. I might check in tonight. I need to get up and get moving and stop being so lazy!

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 01-19-2008, 11:05 AM

Your not the only one on your computer Cindy, I just made the bread dough and it doesn't seem as sticky as they say. Don't know if it will not work out. The vidio I watched said 1-1/2 cup water and the recipe said 1-5/8 cup. I did the 1/2 cup one... I and gong to watch cooking show until 3 pm and get ready for church.

Jan sorry that you are even having a fever. I hope you get over this soon. The steam should help you.

Have a warm day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 05:49 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am feeling a lot better, thanks for all the support again, the infection is not completely gone but at least I can sit again without pain.

Joan, that bread comes out good no matter what it looks like when you make it. the recipe says it shoudl look shaggy, what the heck is that?
Let us know how you like it. I think I need to make another loaf soon.
We have 5 grandkids, the twins Matthew and Meagan live down the street from us the other 3 live in Long Island which is a 2 hour drive. The twins will be 5 in February, Brianna is 7 Brandon is 6 and Gracie is 2 1/2. They are all still at a good age to enjoy, they sure do grow up fast, it was like yesterday we brought the twins home from the hospital and Meagan was to small for even the preemie clothes we bought her.

We really didn't do much today, went to the travel agent to see about taking the kids to DisneyWorld, DH seems to think its a good idea, I am
thinking a week in Disney is a long time, we will probably do it I am just dragging my feet about it.

Tomorrow morning I will go to my WW meeting and then see what the day has in store for me, your cold weather is supposed to come our way so a movie and the fireplace sound good to me right now. I could use a pedicure but I may wiat another week or so.

You know I have been to my gyn's office so much since October I have become so friendly with the medical assistant we are going out to lunch on Friday. She is really nice and we are finding out we have a lot of things in common.

I hope all of you ladies that are getting hit with that bug are feeling better, rest up and take care.

Well I am signing off now , talk to you tomorrow Stay Warm!
Unread 01-19-2008, 06:19 PM

Hey everybody!! I have been thinking of you all and everytime I try to sit down someone has been on the computer..
Suki... I am so glad only 3 to go!! I am praying that this time flies for you! As always I send you healing thoughts and hugs! I am sorry for the panic attacks.. I have had my share and know how awful they can be!

Jan I am sorry you are sick... #2DD had fever for 3 days...last night she finally smiled! I fell asleep early every night cuz I would lay down with her and next thing I knew I would wake up at 2 in the morning with the dirty dishes in the sink... gee did I mention my house is so back to normal! my days have been about constant catch up! Anyway I hope you feel better soon! So glad about DD "cyst".I am sure you are much relieved!

Cindy glad DH had nice birthday... oh those boys and their toys!! And those boys and their irresponsibility!! ummmm is it age or gender?

Joan bread is so good! The shaggy thing I was not so sure of like suki said but boy spread with butter and it is yummy!

Lisa sorry the bug caught up with you hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for all the good wishes for DH. I am sure all will be fine.. I am only teeny bit concerned.

Well if I missed any body I will catch you on my next post... all you sickies stay in bed and get better soon!
Unread 01-19-2008, 06:44 PM

Hey everyone!
We did absolutely nothing today. Just stayed in and kept warm. I've been worrying about my DS being out in this cold. Geez, he's 13, but you know how we mommies worry. I did insist he wear his hat and gloves, because he just didn't think it was quite cold enough for them.

Suki it's good to hear you feeling good. Your grandkids are all at a good age. They probably find joy in just about everything you do with them. You and DH are brave taking 5 little ones to disney world and for a week. I'm sure you will have a great time. That was funny that the bread should look shaggy. I can't imagine what shaggy bread would ever look like. I think it's really neat that you've made friends with the medical assistant. It's funny how good things can come from not so fun situations.

Sas good to hear from you. I've been thinking about ya and wondering how you were. I'm glad to hear your dd is finally feeling better. It's seems like I'm always in catch up mode, but I never get caught up. I'll keep your DH in my prayers that everything will go well with his procedure.

Jan, Lisa and anyone else who is sick I hope you've had a restful day and will feel better tommorrow.
Unread 01-20-2008, 09:41 AM

Hi ladies

Jan and Lisa and anyone else that is sick is feeling better than yesterday.

Well It is -6 this morning. I don't plan on getting out today.
I made that no knead bread and it turned out good but the knob on my new pan cracked. I had the temp. at 450 deg whick said the tag for the pan said not to go over 450. I might see if I can return it. I had the bread for breadfast and it was yummy but I am so full, I am not a big bread eater but might become one.

Suki so happy that you feel some relief. What a wonderful thing for you to bring the GK to disney World. Will you be bringing all 5 GK? Enjoy your lunch with your new friend.

Sas glad that your DD is feeling better, hope that no one else gets the bug.

Cindy I cannot get over the way the kids dress even to go to school. I am walking in the morning when I see the kids getting the bus and sometime feel like telling them to at least wear a jacket when it is 40 deg. out. So I can understand why your son doesn't want to wear a hat..

Hope everyong is enjoying your weekend.
Unread 01-20-2008, 11:59 AM

I feel like I am slowly returning to the land of the living. This morning my fever is gone I woke up yesterday at 9:30 and thought if I took a shower, I would start feeling better. Wrong!!! My day went downhill after that. After my shower I layed on the couch and next thing I knew it was 3:30. I slept the day away. I guess I needed it though. I slept in until 8:30 today and am trying to get up enough energy to jump in the shower. I will spend the day relaxing and watching the football games. As I was laying on the couch yesterday I thought back to my surgery recovery and that was easier than dealing with this crud. I have gone through almost a whole bottle of robitussin and I think it is finally loosening this chest congestion. That's really the only thing that still hurts. When I cough it about does me in.

Jan I hope that today you will start feeling better too.

Suki I am so happy that your new anitbiotic is working for you.

Everyone stay warm and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Hi all!

I cleaned the house today and got all of my laundry caught up. The kids are off school tomorrow, so I wanted to get all of my chores done, so we could spend some time together. It's still below zero weather, so we'll be spending time together indoors. oops I just remembered DS and DD have a dentist appt. tomorrow afternoon, so I guess we will be going out.

Lisa it sounds like you and Jan have been hit with a really nasty bug. I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Jan I hope you are feeling better as well.

Joan I hope you will be able to return your pan. The bread sounds great though.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:36 AM

Hi everyone!

Happy Monday and to those of you that are off, hope you have a relaxing day off. We're not closed today, so it was up and at 'em for me, although DS is out of school. I imagine he won't emerge from his deep sleep until around 10, then he's on his own until I get home.

It's amazing that so many people got sick at the same time. I hope everyone is feeling much better by now. Everyone with below double digit temperatures keep warm. I thought it was cold here at 28 degrees but that's balmy compared to some of you!

Suki- sometimes that's just how God works it out, putting friends in your life right when you need them. Enjoy your lunch on Friday. Disney sounds fun. I've never been. We started out to Disneyland from AZ when I was a kid and it was my mom and us 4 kids. She had this clunker of a station wagon and it kept breaking down. So, by the time we got there, we only had enough money to get back home, so we had to turn around and go back home!! I remember telling DH that story once and he was like 'that was the most depressing story I've ever heard, don't tell anyone else that!' I had to laugh. I guess I never really let it bother me too much. Anyway, have a blast, one day I'm going to get there!!!! LOL

Cindy- I feel you on the DS. Mine is 14 and has lost his hat and gloves already. They were really nice, got them at Old Navy, so today he gets Wal-Mart $1.00 hat and gloves. I think his mind is on video games and girls. He is crazy about this girl in school. She is hearing impaired and is teaching him sign language. He's pretty crazy about her. She's very beautiful and smart. I told him he'd do well to find a smart woman. LOL

Well, have to get my day started. I think we'll do chicken parmesean tonight although I can't make it as good as DH does, it should still be good. I sautee spinach for mine as well and it's soooo good.

Have warm and sunny thoughts today!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register