2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 153 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

hey all! Well I am crossing my fingers the bug has left the house... there is a cough hanging on for a couple of them but so far so good...

Cindy when my boys were younger all they wore were shorts rarely did they wear jackets. Isn't it so nice when you can just do nothing? That is what I did Saturday. DH flew to AZ for the day for work and boys were off doing whatever, girls and I just hung out. I read and did laundry but yeah that is about it! Ended the day with drive thru for dinner.

Lisa glad you are feeling better.. sometimes when you have a high fever you need a few extra days to recup...

Joan take it back! That is crazy! If it says 450 then it should be able to withstand even higher heat. I am telling you the way they make things today is just sad they want us to replace everything.

Grateful Your DH is right! Geez that is really a sad story! But somehow you kind of made me laugh...you always do!

Jan I hope you are feeling better I do not think you have ever gone this long with out posting. I am worried!

Suki... that is one sure way of getting in to see the doctor! I hope you had a nice lunch...
Well I hope everyone else has a good day and no one else has been down with the bug or anything else!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM

Good morning Ladies!

The kid's are home and we are having a relaxing morning. Well I should say little DS and DD and me. Other DS is still sleeping. I'm sure he's catching up from the weekend. Those boys probably stayed up most of the night at the sleepover. It is snowing a bit and still very cold.

Grateful My DS has lost so many hats and gloves. I never buy him expensive ones anymore. Last year at the end of school I was looking through the lost and found box. I found a couple of his shirts, gloves and his lunchbox. My DS hasn't really talked about any girls he likes yet, but I know that's coming up. Your disney story was sad, but as sas said it kind of made me laugh too.

sas we ended up doing drive thru dinner last night. I think the bug is out of our house too. Ya know, I'm such a baby when it's cold. Anything below 60 degrees for me is too cold. But, the cold never seems to phase my kids.

Lisa I hope you're feeling better.

Jan I am also worried about you. I agree it's not like you to go this long without posting. I hope you are doing o.k.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Hello Ladies,

I am still alive! On Saturday I thought I might not be, LOL. It has been an awful weekend and I had to call in sick today. Fever just will not break, weird raw feeling on one side of my throat, aches pains, and cough. Like Lisa my cough is now lossening, after one whole bottle of robitussin! Also now my nose is starting to run again. It was runny then congested and now runny again. This fever is whipping me though, making me weak and tired. I showered yesterday and it didn't help but I am going to give it a try again today. I have not had a bug like this since I was a kid. My DH thinks we are more susceptible to stuff because of the surgery . I don't know. I really have not eaten much except oatmeal or chicken soup since Thursday, and I don't know what we will have for dinner. That is up to DH about now.

Joan take it back that is carazy and defective!

Cindy still cold and it snowed here. I wish this house was clean and laundry caught up1 Could you send those vibes here?

Sas your day yesterday sounded great. What does your DH do for a living? Is he ok, test and stuff?

Grateful I liked your Disney story. It told me alot about what made you into the special person you are. I like how you look at the postive in everything.

Suki I hope you are doing well and had a fun lunch. Disney with the kids will be great.

Lisa hang in there sounds like you are on the road to recovery now.

I am going to shower. I hope you ladies are having a great day, and I wish that all of you stay healthy and avoid this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Ladies, my mind is not clear today. I can not believe I forgot to say thank you for thinking of me when I had not posted! Your good thoughts cheered me up. I showered but now I feel like I can barely hold my head up so I need to rest a bit.

TTYL
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:17 AM

Jan I think a visit to the Dr. for you would be a good idea. I think you should be doing better at this point. I still feel wiped out, but I can function. I hope you feel better soon ((()))

Grateful I liked your Disney story. It's nice that you have such a positive outlook. I hope you make it one day. We have only been to Disneyland (5 hours from here) but never Disneyworld. I am thinking of planning a Disneyland trip for this summer if our schedules can all work out together.

Today will be another low key day around here. I have stripped the bed and have everything in the wash. I also have to lock the cats in the bathroom when there is nothing on the bed. We have a waterbed and in September I bet you can guess what happened?? The cats thought it was fun to poke their claws in the mattress and watch the water shoot out through the holes. I didn't think it was too funny. I was ready to kill them when I walked in the bedroom. So when the mattress isn't protected they aren't anywhere near it. Right now they are scratching at the door wanting out, but too bad.

I'm not sure what I'll fix for dinner. I have a couple of possibilites and I'm sure it will be the easier of the two. Tomorrow it's back to work and normal life so I'm trying one more day of rest.

Everyone enjoy your day
Unread 01-21-2008, 01:22 PM

Good afternoon Ladies,

Jan good to hear from you but am sorry that you are not feeling any better. I agree with lisa that you should see the dr. You should not be having a fever after all this time. I'm supprised that you don't catch lots of bugs from the children you come in contact while working. It must be your resistance from the hyster.

Sas you must be having warmer weather than I have that you boys were shorts to school. Good that you had a day to just do nothing, we need that sometimes.

Grateful I can't imagine how awful that DL story was when you were a kid. They say that everything happens for a reason.

Cindy glad that you are having a relaxing day. Talk about loosing hats and mittens, my DS, when in school, got his new sneakers and even his football helmet stolen and a new bike also, he got the helmet back but never the other two.

Lisa that is such a funny story about your cats. If your bed is all covered can they still get at it?

I cleaned house this morning and just made hummus that I will eat with raw veggies for my snack this afternoon. I will be taking the pot back to the store. I emailed the co. this morning and told them about it. Hope to hear from them. Still very cold here, was -10 this morning and I could/t walk anyway because a sore upper back but is getting better. Can't figure out why it was sore.

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:24 PM

Hi all!
The kids and I had a really nice day. We played games and just hung out together. I seem to be in hibernation mode. I don't want to go outdoors anymore than I have to. I rescheduled my kid's dental appts. they were supposed to have today. I'm glad I didn't have to go out. There were tons of accidents today. We had some snow and with the cold temp. the roads were really slippery. I'm going to do a little reading and hit the hay. It's back to the routine tomorrow.

Jan I was so glad to hear from you. I'm really concerned about your fever. I feel the same as Joan and Lisa. If you're not better tomorrow maybe you should see your doc. Maybe you need a round of antibiotics to knock that virus out. I hope you were able to rest today and I hope you will feel better tomorrow.

Joan I'm glad you're going to take the pot back. It obviously is defective. You are having the same temps as us. They say we could get to 30 degrees this weekend. That will seem like summer. lol I hope your back gets better.

I hope you are all having a nice evening.
Unread 01-22-2008, 06:54 AM

Morning everyone! Well I think this bug is really trying to get me too, I feel on the verge of feeling like crap but not quite there. It was an early evening for me. Had a horrible headache and throat hurting. DH made a pot of chili I dropped my bowl and it broke in big chunks and chili went everywhere. I bent down to clean it up and my stomach hasn't stopped hurting. I realized that was the 1st time I'd bent down like that since surgery so maybe I wasn't ready to be on all fours cleaning chili!!! DS was sweet and got all the bowl parts and DH said not to worry, he'd mop the floor. So, took some drugs and went to bed. BUT woke up at 2:30 am again, so this will be a long dragging day!!

DH is so funny, I got home and he was in the bed naked (at 5pm) I was like what are you doing? he said, oh I bought a new electric blanket and I was cold so I got in the bed to warm up. I'm like well if you put some clothes on, you would probably knock some of the chill off right there! what on earth??? LOL

Jan- I wonder if you have strep or something? I agree with everyone, fever this long is not good, especially for adults. Visit the doc if you're still struggling.

Joan- minus 10, wow! Stay warm. Have you called the doc about your back? Be careful out and about. And yes, toss the pot back at them and get another one. LOL

hyper- I can understand the hybernation! sounds like you had a nice day with your family.

Lisa- how funny about the cats. I bet they really enjoyed swiping at your waterbed. You're right to keep them far away!

Well better get to work. Glad you all liked the DL story. I told DH I mentioned it and he said did you tell about the clothes? I forgot that part (guess I blocked it all out) but we'd put all of our clothes on top of the station wagon and I guess they weren't tied down properly because at one point, all of our clothes started flying off and onto the highway. So, we pulled over and I remember being in the middle of the interstate (at age 6 or 7!) picking up my panties! Lord help, LOL. Also, when we pulled over, mom parked in the soft shoulder and the car got stuck and we had to be pulled out. I'll smile all day thinking about picking up my panties off the interstate!!! LOL

Have sunny days, in spite of what it looks like!!!!

TTYL
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM

GOOD MORNING

Jan and Lisa I hope your are feeling better today.

I feel so much better when I can walk and I did that this morning because my back/shoulder blade is almost gone. We are expecting up to 6 in of SNOW. I remember the days when my kids were young we had a sign that read "pray for snow" because we had snowmobile sleds and the kids loved riding with us. Would go with other couples with kids on a Sunday afternoon and pack a lunch...it was fun. Maybe if I went cross-country skiing I would like it again, my friends are trying to get me to go even offering me the skis to use.

Good for you Cindy, having a relaxing day with the kids and out of the COLD. Don't blame you for not wanting to go out when it is slippery, I'm the same way.

Grateful I am so sorry that you are coming down with a bug also. I hope you get over it quickly. I can imagine that mess that your chilli left.. You have the funniest stories to tell us. Your DH in the bed trying out the electric blanket. LOL Oh, and the rest of your story about loosing your clothes and picking up you panties and the car being stuck, I am LOL now.
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:12 AM

Grateful you have started my day off laughing. Your DH sounds like a character. I hope he managed to get warm I hope one day you make it to Disneyland without having to pick up your panties on the interstate.

Joan I'm glad your back is feeling better and you were able to go for a walk. To answer your question about the cats and our bed. When it's made up they can't get to the mattress. It looks like a huge puff ball. I have the mattress pad and then the sheets all tucked in nice and tight. Then I have my down bedspread that is tucked far down. On top of that I have another down comforter and then along the 3 edges of the bed I have quilts that overlap the comforter and then hang over the sides. Not the most attractive looking bed, but it's cat proof

Jan I know that you are still really sick since we haven't heard from you. I hope by now you have gone to the Dr. and got some drugs to make you feel better. Check back in when you can.

Everyone have a great day. I am off to work. It was sure nice to have those 3 days when I didn't have to be anywhere.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register