2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 154 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hey ladies!

Grateful I want to come live with you for awhile! lol You and your family seem like you'd be so fun to be around. Maybe your DH was wanting you to try out that electric blanket with him. That was sweet of your DS and DH to help you out when you dropped your bowl. I hope your stomach will feel better. I have done a few things here and there that caused pain for a few days. It just reminds us that our bodies are still healing. Even though your DL story is sad, the way you tell it doesn't make it sound so sad. I think it's awesome that you can find humor in a bad situation. If you ever do get to DL, secure your panties!! I hope your not coming down with a bug.

Joan I'm so glad you got to walk. You should go skiing with your friends. You seem adventurous and I bet you'd have a good time. You're snowmobile story was great. That sounds like alot of fun.

Jan I'm still worried about you! We haven't heard from you. I hope you are o.k.

Lisa I hope you have a good day back at work after those three days off. It's so hard to get in the routine after you've had time off. I'm glad that you are feeling better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 03:38 PM

Hi Ladies!

I was back among the living today. My fever broke yesterday. I went to bed way early tried to rest as much as possible and I headed back to work today. I feel alot better now that the fever is gone, just sort of left with a chest cold. I left work early to see my GP. He said it is a respiratory flu virus that is going around here like crazy. He said that lingering fever is common with it. He cultured me for strep, but does not think I have strep. So basically I paid $80 to hear it is a virus, fluids and rest, and get sent home with no meds!! Oh well at least I feel that it is getting better. If it isn't gone in a week I'll go back. DH will love that. He told me they would not give me anything but an $80 pep talk for a virus and I was wasting my time, and sure enough....MEN!!

It is frosty cold and we got 6 inches of new snow so I think I am goin to make some hot chocolate and get started on dinner, which is going to be chicken and potatoes.

Joan I am glad you are feeling better and back to walking. Lisa you sound like you are back to your old self, hooray!! Cindy thank you for your concern and I am glad you are staying warm up there. Grateful you cheer me up every day, and your DH and that blanket had me laughing up a storm.

Off to the kitchen. TTYL
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:06 PM

Hi all!
Just wanted to do a quick check in. I made burgers, fries and baked beans for supper. 13 yrs old DS is sick now. I have him quarantined in his room. I'm thinking about going out and buying a few of those mouth and nose guard thingys like drs and dentists wear. When someone here is sick the rest of us could wear them. LOL
I'm having a cup of coffee and relaxing.

Jan I was really glad to hear from you. I'm glad your fever broke and you are feeling better. I don't know about you, but for me it is such a hard decision on whether to go to the doctor or not when I'm sick or the kid's are sick. The majority of the time you walk away paying your co-pay and no meds. But then what if it is something that requires meds? I usually err more on the side of caution with the kids, but for myself I try to stick it out if I can. I would have done the same as you by going in to the doc, having a fever for so long. I hope you will find time to rest and keep getting well.

Suki good luck on your first internal treatment tomorrown. I hope it goes well. Only three to go. Yay!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would be in bed by now, but had to help DD with her homework. After dinner we just played with GD and helped DD with homework. I plan on hitting the sack when I sign off.

Cindy it would scare her to death, but i would probably be alot better off if i wore one of those masks around GD! I am just like you with the doctor. I ususally take my kids immediately, but tend to put it off myself. The one time I decide to go right away and of course DH turns out to be right, aaarrrggghh!!! Like they say better safe than sorry. I am glad to know you would have done the same. I am sorry about your DS. I hope he gets through it quickly and then your family gets a break for awhile.

Suki good luck tomorrow!! One step closer to the end! You are so close. I'll be thinking of you!

Rest well ladies.
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:30 AM

Morning!

Suki- just want to check to make sure you're okay, haven't seen a post from you. I pray your treatment goes very smooth. You've been through so much. Let us know how you're doing!

Jan- welcome back to health! Isn't that just how it goes when you finally started to go to the doc. I'm the same way, have to practically be not breathing and then they say, oh it's a virus, here's your bill. Don't you hate it when DH is right? BUT yours was a hard one to call, so I'm on your side. LOL

Cindy- you're right to keep DS quarantined in his room. Maybe this is the last of it! Let's hope. Eventhough it's 7 in the am here, burgers and fries sound really good right about now! It's imperative that I lose 20lbs, I can't stand it!! And yes, you can come live with us anytime. I could use a female in the house! DH is a sweetie says I make him laugh all the time. He's the most UN-funny person, so he needs a good laugh. He may have wanted me to get underneath that blanket with him. He is about the shy-ist person when it comes to making a move. Me, I'll just text him and say can we have sex at 7:30 and he will be like oh my goodness woman, how do you say that??? His way is ummmm, hey, whatya doing? I don't suppose you'd consider letting me touch your boob? I'm like for goodness sake man, just say you want to have sex!!! It's a constant comedy at my house when it comes to sex!!!

My doc called the other day to say the bloodwork came back fine on checking my hormones so there's no medical reason for me to be acting like a nut case!! LOL

Joan- so glad your back/shoulder is better! Stay warm with all of that snow. This has been a cold snowy winter, even for us here in OK.

Have a great day, TTYL...
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:55 AM

Hey ladies!
DS is home from school today. I'm planning on keeping him in his room. I have to keep little ds out of there. He wants to lay in bed with big brother and hang out and watch t.v. I have to pop in to school this morning and pick up his work.

Grateful you always have the funniest stories. My DH is also UN-funny. But he is not shy about asking for sex! I'm glad your blood work came back normal.

Jan, by the sound of your evening, it seems that you are getting back to normal.

I hope you all have a great day.
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Hi everyone,

Jan glad that your feeling better and I would have gone to the gp to check for strep as you did. I hope everything comes back ok. I know how your feel about paying that money out. I need to get my teeth cleaned in 2 wks and hate to pay that $100.00 but am happy when they say your teeth are ok.

Cindy sorry to hear your DS is sick. I'm sure he doesn't mind staying in his room if he is sick. Besides I bet he has his own TV in there. I hope you stay well.

Grateful you do have some funny stories and I love people with a sense of humor. I've said that my next husband will have to have asense of humor. Haven't found any yet LOL

Lucille are you OK? I hope that you don't have the virus.

I went back to the store that sold me the pan and they said they would refund my money. I saw another one there for ten dol more that will take the heat up to 750 deg. so am ahead of the game. It is a balmy 21 deg here and a blue sky, what more can you ask for lol.
Going to shower now then run the roads.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Good morning ladies,

Well our weekend was nice and relaxing. We didn't have a lot going on which I"m glad for. On Sunday we met my sisters and went to dinner. After that we went to a movie knowing that we had Monday off we took advantage of staying out later than normal for a Sunday. We saw The Water Horse...it was really good.

On Monday I went to do my labwork for my doctor appt this coming Monday and then I went to the gym. After that headed home and we stayed in for the rest of the day.

Work is a bit hectic with different things going on but it makes my day go by quickly.

We had rain yesterday and off and on over the weekend. It is supposed to continue through the week. It has been cold too but nothing compared to what some of you are experiencing. We in So. California don't know what winter is..LOL.

I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning...didn't sleep very well last night...was coughing some. I hope it doesn't get really bad like some of you had it pretty bad.

Hope those of you that were under the weather are feeling much better. Take care everyone.
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM

Hi Ladies,

Believe it or not I just got home! It has been an incredibly busy day. Of course I like work days like that so not really a problem. This cough is really lingering but other than that I am feeling alot better.

I am going out to dinner with some friends so my dh will be the lone babysitter. I purposely picked this night because GD is supposed to go to her Dad's every Wednesday, but of course he canceled. For your sakes I won't get started on my rant about that jerk. Anyway I did not offer to cancel my plans so DH just kind of got stuck, but he really did not complain. I hope she is in a good mood.

Grateful I am glad your bloodwork came back ok. Once again your DH stories cracked me up. My DH is so the opposite of the way you and Cindy describe your DH's. My DH is a firefighter and paramedic. He is very social. Very much a talker, jump in take over kind of guy. He is the complete opposite of my personality. I like to stay home and rent movies, bake, crochet, etc. He is on the scuba team, he owns a front engine dragster he races with his brother all summer, he used to sing in a band, played and coached, wrestling, football and baseball, until he blew his knee out coaching football a couple of years ago, anything extroverted and you can count him in. A little of that un funny could rub off on him anyday--believe me he could use a little less. Sometimes when we are trying to leave from somewhere it takes forever! He can make me laugh though! He almost killed me in the hospital 2 days post op he was doing an impression of our teenaged son and he pulled his jeans down with the boxer tops showing, like our son did in high school and was dead on talking like him, I started crying because it was so painful to laugh.

Cindy you are right. As soon as that fever broke I started to get back to being myself, and glad of it! I hope your DS is feeling better and you all can start to get back at the regular routine.

Joan I am glad you got that pan taken care of. I hope that 750 degree one works better. I know what you mean about paying those dental bills! I hate it but I do it so I can keep my choppers, how else could I accomplish one of my great joys, as you know eating!! BTW I received a call that my glasses are in, now I hope I can find time to get them either friday or saturday. I'll post you a photo when I do.

Scrapper I envy your weather and your perseverance at sticking to your gym routine. Is your doctor's appt just routine, or have i missed something? I hope everything is ok. I hope your scratchy throat doesn't turn into anything, but extra rest might not be a bad idea.

Suki I hope everything is going ok with you. I have been thinking of you and sending you good thoughts!

Linda/Murph I hope all is well with you. I imagine you are just busy with work, but I have not heard from you in a bit and have been thinking of you as well.

Well, I better go change for dinner. Have a good evening ladies.
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Hello,

Dinner was fun. I had soup, anda cheeseburger basket. Cindy I still had your burger meal on my mind! It is so cold that it was good to get back in the house. On Saturday it is supposed to be 30 and people here are looking forward to the big heat wave coming. How sad is that? LOL

You ladies must be having a busy evening, the board is quiet. I hope you are all doing something either fun or relaxing.

I think I am going to get ready for tomorrow and try to get to bed early again.

Good night ladies, best wishes for good rest and good health to all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register