2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 155 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies,
I'm not feeling like I can fall asleep yet even though I know I should be in bed by now. DH had to work late, so I had a tuna salad sandwich and the kids had grilled cheese for dinner. DS is still not feeling well. He has a field trip tomorrow that he really wants to go to. In between sneezes and blowing his nose, he told me he thinks he'll be fine to go. I don't know, I told him we'll see how he is in the morning. I hate for him to get behind in his school work too. He's been working on it a little, but he hasn't really felt like doing much. I just peeked in on all the kids. They are all peacefully sleeping and just look so angelic. I love looking in on them when they are asleep. Knowing they are safe and warm gives me such a sense of contentment.

Jan I'm glad you had fun on your dinner out. Your DH sure does sound outgoing. My DH is neutral. He's not overly outgoing, but he isn't introverted either. I'm like you, I prefer to stay home. I love being all comfy at home with my family. We are supposed to have 30's this weekend as well.

Joan I'm glad you returned your pot and got a new one. You had fairly nice weather today. My DS does have a t.v. in his room.

Quickscrapper It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I hope you aren't coming down with anything.

Suki, murph and sas I hope you are not down with the bug that's been going around. Suki I hope your treatment went well today.

Well I had better try to get to sleep. I'm going to be sorry in the morning. I hope you are all sleeping wonderfully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Hey all...

I am finally alone and nothing to but clean until I have to start the PM pickups.!

Jan glad you are feeling better I was getting worried about you! My DH's test went good. They found one polyp and will biopsy that. THey doped him up but good! We left the surgery center had lunch and went to the MOVIES! On a week day in the middle of the day!! With both DH's phones off! Then we went home and he had a 3 hour nap! Swear that drug was the greatest thing for him! He is the Vice Pres. of Operations for a Drywall CO. He is a workholic so this was a wonderful break. I told him maybe he should have colonscopies( SP?) more often! It was nice for us too a little time together with no kids... still a rare occurance for us! I am the talker my DH is quiet shy guy in public... Do you worry alot Jan when DH is involved in big fires?? It takes a special person to risk themselves for others! #2 DS thinking about learning firefighting in the navy... he wants to be a firefighter or a pilot. looks like I will not ever be off anti-anxiety meds!

Cindy sorry to hear you have another sickie! Hope he is feeling better and got to go on his fieldtrip. So far mine are all better with a concert of coughs every night... That with the dogs barking it is noisy nights around here. ugh.
I agree I love watching my children sleep sometimes it makes the days all worth while watching them in their angel stage!

Grateful I can't believe you left the panty story off the original story that so makes the story just that more hilarious... I mean sad... seriously thank you for all the belly laughs!! I agree with cindy I am thinking he was looking for something else under that electric blanket...

Joan glad you got a better pan! I am in so. California so yes I suppose to you it is warm enough for shorts but brrr less than 70 makes this girl shiver! I am a wimp in winter weather! it is in the 50s this morning and my 10 year old wore capris!

Suki I hope treatment going well... As always I am thinking and praying for you!! I hope you are not sick with the bug or to worn down from treatments!

Okay Murph it has been awhile since we heard from you!! Hope you are healthy and not overdoing.

Hey quickscrapper and lisa are you loving our rain!? Stay dry and safe with all the wet roads!

Well I am off to do my dishes and laundry just felt checking in with all was a bigger priority this am cuz I missed you all!
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Hi!

Little DS and I just got back from running errands. It is so blessed cold out there. Usually we have fun when we're out and about. But, geez, this weather is so mean. We're supposed to slowly start the big warm up tommorrow. My house needs a cleaning, but I'll wait until tommorrow. DS did go on his field trip today. He was better this morning. Still has a drippy nose though. DD was so excited when I picked her up from school yesterday. She was matched up with a pen pal through the Lutheran Girl Pioneers. She got her first letter from her pen pal yesterday. Tonight is DS and DH slot car night, so I'm just going to order pizza for supper.

Sas I'm glad that everything is good with DH. I'm glad you got to spend some time together. I know how nice that is, DH and I don't have much alone time together either. What movie did you see?

I've got to make some lunch and tend to the laundry. Hope you all have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM

Hello ladies,

Hope your day has gone well. It's been fair here at work...not super hectic. I went to a training this morning for a new visitor access system they are going to implement. They want us to submit visitor names online so that when they check in with the security desk on the 1st floor their names will be in the system and they can be cleared to go to the office they need to go to.

Dd just called me awhile ago and she was so excited because she brought her algebra grade up from a D to a C+. She struggles with math and is getting tutoring at school.

I'm feeling so-so...my throat isn't as scratchy as yesterday. I seem to be coughing more today and my voice is hoarse. I'll be resting tonight.

mrswillie - glad you enjoyed your dinner with friends. My doctor appt is with my primary doctor for a routine checkup. I'm diabetic and see her about every 3 months to make sure all is well. Yes, my gym routine is just part of schedule. I enjoy it and helps me control my diabetes.

Sas - yes the rain has been coming down hard. Yesterday afternoon it really poured and lasted through the night. Today has been off and on and the clouds are really dark. Glad your dh's procedure went well and that you were able to spend some quality time together.

Hyper - glad ds got to go on his field trip. Where did they go?

Well back to work...45 minutes and my work day is over....yipee!! Take care ladies and have a great evening.
Unread 01-24-2008, 04:00 PM

Hi ladies,

1 more day, yippee!! It is so #$%^& cold today! When I was eating my oatmeal this morning I heard the temp was
-9 windchill was -31. It is 3 now. At least it did not snow today. I got home late again tonight so I think I ma going to make breakfast for dinner, pancakes and eggs. MY DH loves breakfast so he will be thrilled with that.

Sas I am glad your husbands testing went ok and hope the biopsy is fine. I have had a colonoscopy and I am supposed to have another in June. It is not the test that is so bad, but the prep is so awful. I really am going to try to get out of it if they won't give me a different prep than last time. I don't always worry during the fires because I often don't find out until after the fact. My Dh commutes to his department so I find out when he comes home. For 7 years we lived where he worked and the big fires would be on the tv, in those days when I knew it made me crazy. If your son does become a firefighter I imagine you will worry but be proud at the same time. I hope you won't have to know about the fires until after as well!! Your movies and lunch sounds lovely.

Cindy glad all the kids are on the mend. I agree with you in wanting warmer weather and more time with DH. I love our little GD like crazy but since she has come into our life we sure have alot less time to do anything or be alone together hardly ever! Probably TMI but between illness and kids we still have not accomplished our mission which failed so miserably that first time. One of these days soon we hope!

Snapper I am glad your appt is routine and there is no problem! I hope your rest tonight helps with that cough. On Thursdays I usually like to veg in front of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy and then get set up for work the next day.

Well I better get to supper.

Have a great evening!!
Unread 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM

Hi all.

Just finished dinner here had a Greek salad and pea soup. I went on the internet today to find a crock pot recipe and it turned out great. I didn't have to stay home to cook it. Thats what I like about the crock pot, it took only 4 hrs to cook it. For you ladies that work all day the crock pot would be your lifesaver unless you enjoy cooking when you get home.

Scrapper that was nice that you had some quiet time with DH. I hope your not coming down with the bug that everyone else has been getting.

Jan it's good to have you back and feeling better. You are getting colder weather than we are. It was 0 deg this morning. When the sun came out in the afternoon it felt like summer. ha just 10 deg tho. It is 0 at this time. We are also looking for the 30's heat wave next week. And Jan glad that you had a nice dinner with friends. It's always good to get that time alone with your friends. And Jan, that is a heroic job your husband has.

sas Im glad that DH test went well. Ya, I know about having a colonoscopy, I went for one my self. I hate the prep but I was awake for the whole thing and it wasn't bad. Must have given me a "no care" pill because even tho the nurse kept punching my belly I just watched the tv screen where I could see everything. They say red heads are a hard one to knock out and that was me.

cindy thats good that your DS was able to go on his field trip. I can imagine how exciting it is for your DD having a pen pal. Sometimes they become lifelong friends. I agree with you, the weather is so MEAN.lol

Scrapper that is great that your daughter has brought her grades up. Tutoring is benificial. I hope that your throat gets better . I find gargling with salt water does wonders. Hope your feel better.
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:04 PM

I think we are going to float away here. It has rained on and off (mostly on) for the past 3 days. The creek in back of our house is going over the banks further down stream. It started raining again about 1 hour ago and they say it will continue through the night. Should make my transporting in the AM fun.

Jan I'm glad that you are feeling better. I still have a very stuffy nose which I have to blow about every 15 minutes. Where in the heck does all this crap come from????

Scrapper I hope your start feeling better, too. Congrats to your dd on bringing up that math grade. Math was always my hardest subject.

Sas I'm glad that your dh test is over. I hope you get good results back on the biopsy.

Cindy I'm glad your son was able to go on his field trip.

Suki I hope you are okay and not sick.

Tonight I think I am going to heat up a frozen pizza I have. Not very exciting, but I really don't feel like cooking and I sure don't want to go back out in this rain to pick something up.
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM

Evening everyone. It has been so busy at work. Mostly dealing with a lot of conflict on our team but that's life. We decided no meat tonight and had baked potatoes and vegetarian pizza. It was pretty good, I try to avoid meat every few days but not always successful. Especailly with DS, as he's a meat-fanatic!!

Suki- hope your treatments are going well and that you're healing from your other situations.

Lisa- be careful in the am with transporting. that rain is tricky.

scrapper- glad your DD is progressing in math. Tutors are so great. My DS has an algebra test tomorrow and we're going back and forth working extra problems. I know your DD will be glad to get math over with. hopefully the tutor can give her some good techniques to help her.

Joan- agree with you on the crock pot, although DH is the real cook. He does wonders with it like beef ribs and cabbage. When i grow up, I want to be a good cook just like him!

Sas- yippie on the tests and that's good you guys got to spend some time together. Steal more time like that, you won't regret it. Sounds like his job is intense, so a day like that probably did wonders for his stress level.

Jan- that cold weather is nuts. cold wears me out. i'd rather be hot any day of the week!!! Breakfast is my favorite food and i love having it for dinner. I will have to do that probably Saturday night. DH and I have started eating out on Friday while DS is at basketball practice. I'm praying you and DH get to have your 'try' again real soon. Remember relax and drink lots of wine! That's funny about DH in the hospital making you laugh.

Cindy- that's sweet about your DD and her pen pal. things have changed so much and we don't write anymore! I'd love to get a letter in the mail! Especially one that wasn't a doctor's bill!! LOL Glad DS got to go on his field trip, I hope he had a great time!

I thought I might be coming down with something but not so, thank goodness. I love that vitamin water and have been drinking the power c and xxx, so maybe that helped. One of my friends called last-minute for a girls weekend. I'm usually not spontaneous but decided to book a last-minute flight and go tomorrow. Well, everyone cancelled out today, so luckily expedia refunded my ticket, less $5. Try to be spontaneous and others mess it up!! Tomorrow at work should be very interesting. Our COO called our team to his office to discuss our boss and his issues. Doubt that will go over well! Just glad it's friday and looking forward to the weekend. need some extra sleep!!

Murph and Karen, hope you're doing okay.
Praying extra-restful sleep for everyone!
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:09 PM

Hello All,

Getting ready to hit the sack. Still wearing out in the evenings, I think due to this bug.

Joan your dinner sounded great. I like both those dishes.

Lisa I hope your commute goes ok in the am and you don't float away! I hope you get some rest for your cold tonight.

Grateful I am sorry your weekend got canceled! That sure sounds like a fun idea. One of these days I am sure it will come round again.

Well I am off for the final chores before bed. Rest well ladies.
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:34 PM

Hey ladies,
DS is sick again tonight. I shouldn't have let him go. He crawled into bed as soon as he got home and is running a temp again. I just went up to bring him a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I tied a towel around my nose and mouth, that got a big laugh out of him. It was funny, but I was half serious. I do not want to catch anything. DH had to go solo tonight for slot cars. I knew DS was feeling pretty crummy when he didn't care to go.

Jan I so hear you about the cold. It was -13 this morning with -27 windchill. I'm so tired of it. Only a couple months and it will be spring! I make breakfast for dinner often. Everyone here likes it. It might have something to do with the fact that I rarely make a big breakfast for breakfast. I hope you and DH will find some intimate time soon.

scrapper I think that's great that your DD brought up her grade. My DS also struggles with math. Keep resting as much as you can. I hope you can beat that bug!

Lisa be careful on your commute in the morning. Seems we all have our weather woes.

Joan I use my crockpot alot. I love it. I can go about my day and when its time for supper I just have to worry about a few side dishes. For the field trip they toured the state capitol and went to a museum.

Grateful Your dinner sounds really good. I actually prefer vegetarian pizza. Your lucky your DH cooks. Mine used to cook when we first were married. But I don't know if he even remembers how to turn on the stove. He makes some mean toast though. I think that is so neat that you tried to arrange a spontaneous trip with your friends. Party poopers. LOL just kidding. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

I hope you all are having a good evening.

Suki I hope you are doing o.k. You too, Murph

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register