2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 156 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday to you all!! I'm so glad it is Friday....my throat thing has turned into something...coughing, runny nose and my ears feel really itchy probably from my throat being irritated. I just need to rest and I plan to. We have no major plans this weekend. It is supposed to continue raining through Monday. Last night was pouring...woke me up in the middle of the night. the drive this morning wasn't too bad...I was prepared for it and just took my time. I made it to work on time.

Tonight dd and I are going to her best friend's school function. Her mom paid for us so I feel badly not going because of my cold. It is dinner and a drama performance.

mrswillie - me too....dd and I love Ugly Betty & Grey's Anatomy. We didn't watch last night because she was busy with homework. So we will watch either sometime tonight or tomorrow.

We do the breakfast thing for dinner too when I don't know what to make. It's really yummy.

I know..I'm so glad for dd and her math grade. The tutoring she's getting is helping her out. She has to pass with a C in order to graduate from 8th grade. So we've been really working at it.

Have a great weekend all. I plan on catching up on my shows and vegging in the living room on the recliner with a blanket.

Keep warm all....good wishes for some good sleep for us all. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 05:16 PM

Hey ladies!

It is 18 degrees here right now. I cleaned house today and of course am still doing laundry. DS was home sick again today. I do think he's finally getting better. By Monday, he should be good as new. I'm making chicken fajitas and spanish rice for supper.

scrapper I hope you have fun tonight. Sounds like you're planning on resting this weekend. That's is a good plan. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sas I noticed you were on too. I bet we'll be posting at the same time.

I hope you all have a good evening.
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM

Hello ladies,

Not that great of a day here. It was freezing again. About midway through the day I got a terrible sinus headache. I bought the stuff to make tacos for dinner, but I did not make them. When I got home I actually had to lay down for the headache. It is better now. GD is staying over night at ther dads (yuck!) and DH is working so it is only me and youngest DD. We had sandwiches for dinner. We are going to watch some tv and I bet we'll be in bed by 10!

Cindy I am sorry DS is sick again! I hope this weekend is the turning point for him.

Scrapper I hope you enjoy the performance. My weekend plans aren't that much different, except add all my laundry to that equation! If we have the same taste in tv then I bet you are as sick of reruns as I am. I sure wish they would settle this strike and bring back new episodes all around.

Until tomorrow~~ Have a great evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 09:59 PM

TGIF I was so ready for the week to be over with. I went and did my grocery shopping and a run to Target earlier and now I don't have to leave the house this weekend

Our rain has let up for now. It only sprinkled a little bit today. We are supposed to get hit again tomorrow night into Sunday with a bunch of rain. At least we had a chance to start drying out today.

Scrapper you sound like I did when I first started this bug. My ears were itching like crazy way deep inside. That drove me crazy for a couple of days. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Tonight DH and I went to Applebee's for dinner. It was yummy and I am stuffed. I had the Santa Fe Chicken salad and a strawberry cheescake shooter for dessert

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning this house. Since I was down last weekend things really need a good scrubbing around here.

I hope everyone has a restful weekend
Unread 01-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Help! Cervical Hematoma 4 months out

Hi all,

I had a hyst 10-3-07 with monarche. I also have factor V leiden, a condition that makes my blood like to clot. I have also been found to have blood in my urine microscopically since August. Because of that last sx, I had a urogram in early 1-08 which is a complicated pelvic CT. While the urogram did not show any cancer, is did show a soft tissue structure at the post op site suggestive of a hematoma. Had a gyn exam now given the finding of the hematoma, and she looked at the CT and did an exam and the 4cm x 4cm x 4cm structure looks to be a hematoma on my cervix. It is painful some on the lower right side of my abdomen but I have been working FT plus. Some old blood passes 2-3x a week.

Sound familiar?

Also, if anyone had a cervical hematom out there, is it allowable to be intimate with your husband? I forgot to ask....

Thanks for ANY advice
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Hello All,

Well it is a little warmer here. Went and did my grocery shopping this morning and it was actually bearable to put my groceries in the car for a change. My DH got held over to work a 48 so it will be a lonely day around here. MY GD will be coming home and I will be on duty because her mom works 3-11 tonight. I am going to make tacos for dinner. Other than that just cleaning and laundry on the agenda.

Hi Lisa gald you are feeling better and were able to have a nice dinner with DH. I hope your cleaning goes quick so you can relax.

Welcome Horstad. I don't know anything about cervical hematomas but I think if you post that question on the general post op discussion board you would have a better chance at an answer.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi ladies,
It is warmer here today as well. We are going to run an errand and go out to eat, and I'm actually not dreading going outdoors. I feel like I need to get out, I've been mainly only doing what I absolutely have to this past week, because of the cold. I washed all of our sheets this morning. That's such a chore, but I'm glad it's done. DS is much better and will be joining us today.

Jan I hope you have a nice evening with your GD. Isn't it nice to have some decent weather? It's funny though, some people would consider 20-30's too cold, but after below zero weather, it feels pretty good to me.

horstad I don't know anything about hematoma's either. As Jan said, you will probably find some answers on the general board.

Lisa glad to hear your rain is letting up. Enjoy your relaxing weekend. I hope you get your house cleaned, but take it easy. I like applebees. We are going to Champps tonight. It's similar to applebees.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

Wow it is slow on the boards this weekend! I hope you all are out having fun and are not sick. It is a beautiful sunny day here. Going to get into the high 30's. Yay!!

Last night I had fun with little GD. We ate tacos, played, read books, and then I turned on the Miss America pageant. She liked the girls that danced ballet. She was whirling and twirling all over the tv room. She was a riot! She slept well and had pancakes this morning.

I have to face the laundry today. I did the cleaning yesterday but left the laundry for today. I am making roasted chicken and vegetables for dinner tonight. I am looking forward to DH coming home in a little while!

Enjoy your Sunday!!
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:41 AM

Hey all...

Cindy I was on and had to pop off before I could post. Sometimes that is all I have time for.. I am glad your DS Is feeling better.. poor guy it sounds like it hit him hard... now I hope it is finally gone from your house! I am not going to say it is gone here cuz when you said that the next day I think your DS was sick!! DH and I saw I am Legend...way intense... I had to pop a half a xanax half way through the movie... My boys both saw it and said it was great. THe girls went with Aunt and cousin and had to leave as #2 DD was too scared. #1DD wants to go finish watching it but we thought we would check it out first... umm ya daddy can take her... It was good but I think it would be better in a lit room with a smaller screen and lower sound! I usually like those kind of movies... Have a nice dinner out!

Jan I hope the headache was just a headache and not the start of a new bug... That was how the bug introduced itself here... We had tacos last night too! Black beans and potato tacos for vegie girl.. Well I hope you have a nice relaxing day... You and DH maybe should take a little trip... bed and breakfast?? Drive- in movie? Or just wait for the right moment. It will happen exactly when it supposed to...

Scrapper.. I hope you are feeling better.. rest ! Isn't that math horrid? #2 DS just found out he doesn't have to have 3 years of math to graduate so he is dropping algebra 2.. He usually does great in math He seriously aced geometry... I am not sure what it is I think maybe he is just tired of it...My girls will both need the 3 years of math though. Sometimes it is the teacher and not the student I think... some teachers just can't teach that whole concept... Is there anyway she can change teachers? When DS was was in geometry he was failing with one teacher... changed and he pulled an A with other teacher.

Lisa I am glad you are better do not overdo on the cleaning... your dinner sounds good. we have not been out to dinner in awhile..

Horstad sorry you are having such a rough time... hope you are feeling better soon... call your doctor with questions I would think that would have been something he would have addressed whether or not you asked.

Murph and Suki I am missing you! Hope all is well!

It is official I have gained 20 lbs since surgery... I am almost ready to go to one of those medical weight loss places.. I have not been walking so I am starting that back up... but I noticed my cat who I got fixed recently is pretty fat... so is it a hormonal thing? That bikini is looking smaller and way far away! My boobs are grossly huge and my pooch is protruding. I am so happy it is cold right now as all is well hidden... Ugh and blah...
so any way Grateful where are you when I need a laugh? Tell me a funny story.... waaaaa

I may be in some weird part of my "cycle".... I am retaining water so that could be some of that 20... my fingers are like sausages... I am having vivid dreams and I am whiney!!!! Maybe that is the engorged breast thing too...
I wonder if I take midol it would help? I think maybe olive the lone ovary may need assistance... has it been 28 days since the last time I whined?
Okay thanks for listening
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:47 PM

Hi All,

Laundry done. Dinner done. I think it will be a movie when GD goes to bed at 8 and bed. At least the start of the new work week will not be freezing.

Sas I am ok I think that headache was just sinus. The bug is not gone yet, now DH is sick. So much for us ever getting together. LOL! I understand about the weight. I truly think part of it is hormonal plus all that time of inactivity we had. I have been walking on my treadmill, but so far my weight has not budged. One of my good friends just keeps encouraging me to eat and walk for health and stop worrying about looks or weight and she is probably right. MY DH says give it time that we have only just started to get back into routine after being through a major ordeal. You are probably right about your cycle and the water retention. Check in about a week and it will probably be better.

Well I sure do miss you ladies! I hope you have had a good weekend. Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register