2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 157 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Things move... just a weird thing.

I haven't been online here in awhile, feeling pretty good. I've had some aching in what used to be my cervix, I know its gone, but its the same area. anyway, reading and thinking I should tell you guys this little interesting thing.

Since the surgery, our intestines move around and now they are not so squished and have more room, some things settle further down in our bellies and .... all of a sudden... "What is that lump!?!??!" Right where my gallbladder incision is, about half the size of a golf ball... weird! Turns out to be scar tissue but I thought I was dying of some terrible tumor and then they did an MRI with contrast dye, nothing turned up, also showed my doctor friend and made him feel it. So its scar tissue from the incision, sometimes called an incisional hernia, only mine is not a hernia, just an incisional lump of scarring. Since the intestines move around some, the scar looks like its being pulled ever so slightly from the inside.

My guess is, the GYN tied one of those four ligaments that used to hold my uterus/ovaries to the darn abdomen where the gallbladder scar was on the other side. Anyway, I'll be fine. Its no discomfort, just a weird thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi everyone!
I'm just now getting a chance to post. We went to church, then came home and made lunch. Watched some t.v. with big DS the played a little with DD and little DS. Watched a little bit of a race with DH. We went out for dinner again. DH is leaving for Florida tomorrow and won't be back until Thursday so he wanted to have a family dinner out before he leaves. I'm so jealous he gets to go somewhere warm. It was not bad here today though. It made it to 35. But supposed to be back to near 0 by Wednesday.

Jan it sounds like you had a nice evening with GD last night. I'm sorry your DH is sick now! Wow, it just doesn't end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bug has left our house. Ya know, valentine's day is coming up. Maybe you and DH can have a romantic evening then.

Sas sometimes I just pop on quick too, to catch up on reading, but I don't have time to post until later. I haven't seen that movie. You made me laugh about the half of xanax. Speaking of scary. I like to read dark mysteries. They can be pretty creepy. Now that DH is going to be out of town, I'm thinking I bet go get a happy book, so I'm not freaking out. I'm thinking those are pms symptoms. Probably hormonal too. I still have both ovaries, but I've been getting intense hot flashes and nasty mood swings. It probably wouldn't hurt if you wanted to take a midol. I wish I could say I had grossly huge boobs, but...yeah, I wasn't blessed in that area much.

Murph and Suki I miss you guys! I hope you are doing o.k.
Joan and grateful you must be having a busy weekend.

I hope you're all having a nice evening.
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:54 AM

Hello and good morning!

Cindy sounds like you had a good time with your family before DH left. The weather there sounds sooooo cold. We've had cold weather ourselves but it was 67 yesterday and supposed to be 70 today but 40 tomorrow. My DS said our weather is the definition of dysfunction.

Jan- hope you got all of your laundry done, I was up doing mine at 4:15 this morning on my way to the gym. My dryer isn't working very well and DH thinks it's going to fix itself (I guess), so laundry takes forever to dry. I'm going to get a new one but it will be a few more months. That's so sweet you and your GD watching the pageant. She sounds like a sweetie. Take a deep breath about her dad, believe me, I know what a struggle that can be! She's so fortunate to have you and your DH in her life!

Sas- it is all probably hormonal and pms. Not sure about the cat though, I only pretend to be a human doctor Monday through Friday. LOL. I kept my ovaries too and like Cindy, I've been getting hot flashes and BAD mood swings. I went to Wal Mart and got me some Estroven and have been taking it for about 2 or 3 weeks and I am so much better. I have had zero flashes and the mood swings are decreasing. Maybe you should try something like that. the only thing on me that's grossly huge is my butt but I doubt the surgery caused it!!! Last time I went to the gyno and he did my breast exam he said lie back and then he said don't feel any lumps, just your ribs! Need I say more about my little plumbs??? Hang in there but don't be afraid to look at natural options, at least for a while. I'm told it can take at least 6 months post-surgery for your ovaries to kick into full gear. So just give olive a little help.
I've been waking up and my fingers hurt so bad I can not bend them! Not sure what's up with that but it just started about 2 weeks ago. Of course, I blame all of my issues now on the surgery. Maybe it will pass, but it's weird to get up in the a.m. and not be able to bend your fingers????

Icre8art- that's interesting about the intestines and the scar tissue. I hope they can find a way to do something about that for you!

horstad- I too have no experience with hematomas. I'm sorry for your complications but hopefully there is someone on the general boards with some advice. Keep us posted!

I was being lazy over the weekend and not posting. DS had 2 basketball games on Saturday and then I napped. Sunday after church I had to drag my DH to the mall to look for curtains and window treatments. We still have nothing on our walls or windows. I wish I could afford a decorator that could take care of all of that for me! I have nothing but meetings all day long, BORING. they ought to be outlawed! I will check back in later.

Murph, Suki, Joan hope all is well. Send a quick post if you can!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 11:18 AM

That is who else is missing! Joan! I do that with the kids you know... I know there is something missing around the house and then realize oh ya... where is so and so??? we have not heard from Joan... I think maybe she was going on a trip? or was that canceled... K Unfortunately I can't blame that on the surgery I have always been a bit airheaded...

Hmm Grateful is that some water retention? Seriously sometimes my sausages..(fingers) are just bursting at the joints... Unfortunately my butt has not escaped the wrath of weight either... I am going for the JLO look on that end!! So the estroven has no wierd side effects? Trust me Grateful be grateful for the plumbs... cuz these melons do not defy gravity the way a nice firm plum can! Notice as bras get bigger they just ain't so sexy when they look like they are bonnets for giant conjoined twins! ugh... I am refusing to by larger bras...

Cindy I like dark mysteries too until I get all creeped out and then I will read some romances until I get so disillusioned with my marriage that I rush to read some psycho killer books so I can be grateful for my DH and all his quirks and "perks". Actually as I am getting older I so rarely read "romances" my DH was tired of getting books thrown at him....

Jan sorry to hear DH is sick... go ahead and get that mask now! Hope he feels better soon...

Lisa and scrapper I hope you two are staying dry and warm and not floating away...

Icr8art good to hear from you... Sorry about your complication... hope it resolves itself... they can cut out scar tissue can't they if worse comes to worse?

Well I ran out of laundry soap sent DH for some last night.... so today is my laundry day... gonna do it all!!! DH picked up a frozen veg lasagna(see "perk" isn't that so sexy?) so dinner is done I will just make a salad...
only youngest has school today as it is end of semester for jr and high schools.. so no driving in the rain unless I wanna!

You are all probably right about the hormone and pms thing cuz ya I am not as freaked out about the weight today... besides DH looks like he may be putting on a lb or 2.... hee hee. another "perk".... he always weighs more than me...

I see you are on JOan! hope all is well with Murph and Suki!
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM

Hi Ladies,

Gosh, I've been meaning to post before this. It was my sister's birthday Friday and her dd suprised her by coming there with a birthday cake so she invited me and my other S to a little celebration with wine and dinner and lots of talking, it was fun. I was able to walk this morning but it still is cold here 9 deg. It is supposed to warm up a bit and then get freezing rain.

Scrapper I hope you are didn't get the bug that everyone else seems to have gotten.

Horstad sorry about your hematoma. Can they do anything for that?

Jan how precious is you little GD !! I can just see her dancing around. She is lucky to have you and your husband in her life.

Sas you make me laugh.. I have gained weight also. I crave sweets which I haven't been doing for years. It seems like everytime I turn around someone is offering me some. I don't buy any myself.

Icre I know what scar tissue can do and that was one thing I was afraid of in getting this hyster. My sister had an appendectomy and has scar tissue in her lower abd. which is distended. She is a small person too. I hope you will get relief from it soon.

Cindy nice that your DH gets to go to Florida but if only you could go too. My DS was there over Christmas and just came home but she would call be alot and say well I'm at the pool... I wouldn't mind the winters if the weather would not go below 40 deg. lol Sounds like a nice family day.

Grateful do you have arthritis? I remember my sister complaning about that when she was preg. I could be hormonal, I would check that out if I were you. You could be alergic to Estroven also . Hope you find out what is causing it.

Have to leave now so wishing all of you a wonderful day.
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM

Good morning ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend. Our weekend was good and not busy at all. Good thing because it was raining all weekend. So hard at times...our backyard was flooded..one BIG puddle. It was still raining on the way in to work this morning.

My cold has gotten worse....over the weekend I was running a low grade fever...100.8. I have my doctor appointment today so we will see what she says. I'm pretty congested and feel it in my chest.

Friday night we went to dd's best friends school function. It was cute. The cooking class made dinner which consisted of a salad, chicken breast with rice and carrots and for dessert a brownie sundae. I was impressed. They all had to serve and were dressed in white tops and black bottoms. The drama class put on a short play.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, watching TV and getting some laundry done.

Mrswillie - I know, I too, am tired of the reruns on TV...I want to see new episodes.

Sas- Yeah math was my weakness in school. Thank goodness dh is good with math because he is the one that helps dd at home. Actually the teacher she has is good and dd likes her. Dd just struggles with math.

The water retention sure plays a part with weight gain. The weight gain is also part of the hormonal changes we are going through. Hopefully your walking will help you get back into a routine of exercise. That is why I continue my workouts at the gym. You had me laughing with your line "has it been 28 days since you last whined?" Too funny....

Grateful - you are funny...you had me laughing the way you explained your breast exam. I understand...I wasn't blessed in that area and I've lost a cup size...ugh!! Good luck with your meetings today.

Well back to work...have a great day.
Unread 01-28-2008, 12:43 PM

Hey ladies!
I had my volunteer lunch day at school. It is 44 degrees right now. But tomorrow snow, gusty winds and by evening 25 to 35 below windchill. That's pretty disfuntional, I'd say. DH left this morning. I'm so looking forward to having the whole bed to myself. Not that I don't miss him, but I want my own bed. What ever happened to the Lucy and Desi days. I think each spouse having their own bed with a little cute night stand in between would be great! Whatever night for supper. I don't cook too much when DH is gone. DD has dance class tonight.

grateful I'm kind of weird about taking things I don't know about. Have you had any weird side effects from estreven?
My fingers get swollen too, but not for as long as your's has.

Sas you crack me up with the bonnets for conjoined twins. That's so funny about the romance books. I know what ya mean though!

Joan sounds like you had a fun weekend. You always do fun things. I'm glad you got to go on your walk. It is still pretty cold there.

quickscrapper the school functions sounds really neat. Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm glad you found some time to rest this weekend.

Suki and Murph you're making me worried! Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Hi Ladies,

Home a little early for a change. I thought I would posyt and then jump on the treadmill for a bit before I have to pick up GD. I have lots of leftovers from the weekend so that is on the menu for this evening.

Grateful I am barely concious at 4:15, even when I can't sleep. God bless you for being able to do both laundry and the gym at that hour! I will try and take that advice about GD's Dad he is a real ... ok deep breath kicked in. Your DH is sweet. My DH does not care if the windows are ever covered and has no desire to be involved in it. I hope you found what you wanted. I had meetings until noon today and I will vote for that outlaw any time you can get it on the ballot.

Sas I love your new weight outlook. I would have to do some major damage to catch up with my DH! It's a good thought!

Joan it was 40 and rainy today but tomorrow it is supposed to drop and start with the sleet then snow. Also I went in for the glasses. I was happy with the fit and style, but not with the prescription. I don't know if it is just the new lenses or what but they felt too strong and the peripheral vision is blurry. I complained and was told to take them and try them and see what happens and if i still felt this way call back. Well you can bet for $600 I am going to call until I am happy. The optical manager was out today but I was told she would be back tomorrow afternoon, so I will try again. It may be awhile before you get that photo!

Scrapper I hope your feeling better and that your appt went well. Keep us posted when you feel up to it. Your DD's friend's program sounded very nice.

Cindy I"ll admit that I don't mind having the bed to myself most nights either, and I really like having the bedroom to myself to get ready for work the next morning. I wouldn't mind having a set up like the royals where you have your own bed chamber and just get together for "game time!" My poor DH would be very upset if he read that! I really enjoy his company when he is awake but he would not see it that way.

BTW I agree I am getting worried about Murph and Suki. I hope you guys are ok. Warm thoughts and friendship vibes to you both.

Well off to the treadmill. TTYL.
Unread 01-28-2008, 04:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

scrapper, take care of your cold. I hope it doesn't get worse. Wow, all that rain you are getting.. send some this way so we can get rid of some snow. that was a nice nite out at the school function with a great dinner and skit. I miss those days. sighh..

Cindy your weather is worse than ours if that is possible.. As for those two beds, that is exactually what I did when my h and dss were home. I took the two single beds in my older DS bedroom and put them together that made it a king size bed for my H and I. Wow, what room there was in the bed. worked out great for a while then we went to our old room with the regular bed. Cannot remember why we did that.

Jan where do you get all that energy to come home from work then go on the treadmill? I admire you. I am a morning person so could do that early in the morning but not in the afternoon or evening. Jan those glasses should feel good on and not like you describe. I once had that same problem when looking to the side and up and it was distorted so took them back and they were wrong they admitted so corrected them. Good luck with yours.

nite everyone and sleep well,
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:06 PM

"Jan those glasses should feel good on and not like you describe. I once had that same problem when looking to the side and up and it was distorted so took them back and they were wrong they admitted so corrected them. Good luck with yours."

Thanks Joan! The glasses that I wear, the old ones, feel crisp and clear in all directions so I know something is not right with these new ones. Thank you for your support. Are yours no line bifocals? That is what the new ones are, but I am sure they are not right. I have talked to several people I work with and they said the same thing you did, even with bifocals there should not be blurry spots. I will keep fighting them. Please keep your fingers crossed as that was alot of money!

Also do not admire me on the treadmill, I am just too lazy to get up early enough before work and that is why I have no choice but to do it in the afternoon or evening! You are much more of an inspiration. First of all you rarely miss your walk, plus you brave all kinds of weather to get it done. You keep at it girl!!

Have a great evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register