2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 158 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi all!
It was kind of a busy evening taking and picking up daughter from dance. I am helping ds stay organized and focused to catch up on his late work from when he was sick. I was very proud of him, he didn't complain and sat down and did exactly what I had organized for him to do. I feel bad for him. It's hard keeping up with current homework and late work. His teachers are very supportive and have given him plenty of time to make up the work.

Jan I agree with Joan. Your glasses should feel good when you wear them. They were very expensive, and there should be no reason to try them out if you know they don't feel right. I hope that you won't have a hassle getting them corrected. It certainly isn't your fault they are not right.
I totally understand about DH not understanding about having your own bed. That is a bone of contention for us. My DH likes to snuggle and although we have a queen bed, he is always right up next to me and I have this tiny little space. I love being with DH any other time, even "game time" most of the time, but sleeping is serious business for me. I like to stretch out and be comfy and I don't like snuggling in bed. Any other time is great. I hope that doesn't sound too mean. I think I just always have a full day and when it's time for bed I need a good night's sleep.

Joan we have some nasty weather on the way apparantly. We have a winter storm watch. They are saying blizzard conditions. I ran to the store after I dropped dd at dance and got a few things in case.

I admire all of you ladies who exercise and stick to it. I need to get something started. I'm active, but I don't actually do any kind of real exercise.

I hope you all are having a nice evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:01 AM

Hi

I just finished watching the weather when I was eating breakfast. We are under all kinds of weather advisories. Our temps are supposed to plummet by this afternoon. Going to end up with wind chills of -30 and 50 mph winds and a snowstorm. All of you ladies with the same or similar weather please be careful and stay safe.

I'll check back after work.
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:24 AM

Jan,
We are going to have the same weather here. The winds are really gusty right now. Schools are open, I dread going out there this morning. Be careful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:28 AM

Morning ladies...okay still worried about suki, murph and karen (lulubea). Ladies, really hope all is well with you!!!

I decided to stop the estroven for a few days and see if that's what's causing my fingers to hurt. Funny, I never thought about the connection until you guys mentioned it but I take it before I go to bed and wake up with my fingers hurting and that's the only time they hurt during the day. That's why I don't think it's arthritis but if it keeps on after this, I'll check it out. I hate stopping the estroven because it has helped me have deep, restful sleep and the hot flashes are zero. My DH always jokes that my body rejects everything healthy. He said put me in a vat of fried grease and I thrive but don't give me a vitamin!!! LOL So, we'll see what happens when I stop.

Sas- I about spit up my drink with your conjoined twins! That was funny. I keep telling DH I am going to get an augmention but after the hysto, I'm done with surgery elective or not! I have bad reactions to anesthesia and after the hysto my nose bled for 2 weeks straight and i had chest pains (still do). Doc is like, yep you're one of those that the anesthesia messes up. So, I'll just stick to the wonder bra!

Lisa and scrapper I see more rain is coming your way. This weather is just too much all over the US. From blizzards to rain to right now being 67 but temps expected to plummet by 30 degrees later with snow. Everyone be careful and take your vitamins.

Joan- I'm glad you're okay, was getting worried about you too. I should've known you were just out having fun, you always find fun things to do. Stay warm!

Jan- I have to get up so early because when I get home in the evening I am a vegetable (can I be a skinny asparagus?? LOL). So, if I get on up and go at it, then I can do nothing in the evenings. I admit 4:15 is too early to be up but that's my life for now. This morning, I was late getting to the gym and there were 3 other ladies there. One talked on her cell phone the entire time. Who on earth is up at 5:00 in the morning for you to talk to for 30 minutes. I'm usually the only one there, it's a 24 hour gym but not staffed until 10 am. You have a key card to get it. My DH is like, that's not safe but I'm like look if it's that serious for someone to want to attack me at four in the morning then it's on. The report would say well she had a testicle in her had and an eye in her teeth and DNA under all of her fingernails so he shouldn't be too hard to catch. DH said, I should've known you'd say something like that. LOL.

Okay, so I agree with everyone about the sleeping arrangements. I hate to be mean also but I'm with Cindy 1 million percent. When it's time for me to sleep, I need to sleep. My DH snores and I sleep so light (and not well since surgery) that I get very irritated. I have earplugs I sleep with but they hurt my ears. Often, DH will go to the other room and I will say thank you Lord, and stretch out. I enjoy 'game time' as well but afterwards I want to smack him on the butt and say thanks fella, now head on off to the other room so I can get some sleep...okay, I'm cracking myself up with that one! Funny part is DH likes to snuggle at first then move on his own later...

Jan- I'd give the glasses like 6 more seconds then take them back! For what you paid, you should see to Hawaii clearly and comfortably!

Cindy- I hope your DS gets his work caught up soon. That is always such a pain to have to do that but so nice the school is working with you.

Well, gotta run check back in later...still hoping to see something from Suki, Karen and murph!!!!
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:38 AM

Morning... geez some of you are having some awful weather! Is there really more rain headed to CA? Yikes

I have to admit sometimes I have been sleeping on the couch.. I am not sure why DH does not much mind as I guess I snore up quite a storm... He snores, snorts, farts and has sleep apnea... yet he says I wake him up. I am a sissy la la at night and like to leave the tv on.... that too drives him coo coo sometimes.. I want to cuddle occasionally....especially when it is chilly as he is one comfy heating blanket... I just asked him the other day if he could please start using conditioner on his chest hair so it is a little softer... I hate it when he looks at me that way....
I am going to have to pop off and get the beasts off to school everyone is dragging this am... I see you are on Cindy... lucky you must have gotten everyone out the door already.... ugh wish me luck I think it is going to be an ugly morning
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:56 AM

Hi sas, I got them off to school. It was brutal out there. No snow yet, but the wind is horrendous. I can handle it as long as the snow passes us by. I'm sure it's coming though.
I swear you and grateful just crack me up. My DH snores and farts too. Sometimes I have to evacuate the room and that gives me a good excuse to sleep on the couch. A big Good luck on getting out the door this morning.

grateful I'm in awe of you going to the gym that early. You guys put me to shame. Let us know if the swelling in your fingers goes down since you've stop the estreven. If that' whats causing it, maybe you'll be able to find something else to take it's place. I busted a gut about slapping the DH on the butt and telling him to move on. It's the same with me. Isn't it the man that's supposed to do that, and the woman that's supposed to want to cuddle after?

I think we're all in agreement. We're worried about you Murph and Suki!! Let us know you are o.k. We want to hear from you too Karen.

Have a good day ladies!
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:18 AM

Morning Ladies,

I am going to make this short because I just lost the post I was writing for the last 15 min.

We are expecting freezing rain today and hi winds 50m/h tomorrow. I hope none of us are without electricity. in this freezing rain, I have electric heat.

Grateful you crack me up. I hope you find the answer to your hurting fingers. If it is the Estroven then you can try taking it in the morning. I have gone to a gym that early in the morning alone and only one person there that opened up but I was still scared so didn't do that ofter. You are braver than I am.

Boy you guys are funny with your stories sleeping with DHs. Yup, I have been thru the same thing.

I wonder if we are going to hear from Murph and Suki again? Hope they are alright.

Everyone stay safe from the storms.
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:04 AM

Hi again,

Well we are getting freezing rain now so I am staying put. Think I will do some sudoku puzzles and watch tv.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM

Good morning ladies,

Well I just got back from a meeting...didn't last the whole hour. I'm glad becasue I have work to do. I'm leaving at 12:30 today so I can go home and rest. I have a headache and pretty congested and not much energy.

So I get to my doctor appt yesterday and the receptionsist tells me "didn't you get the call?" I look at her and say what - they left a message at my home number...my doctor had an emergency and wasn't in the office in the afternoon. I was so mad because they could have called me at work or on my cell. So now I'm scheduled to see her on Thursday....what a waste of my time. I left them my cell number as my contact number.

Yes, it is dry today and more rain is headed our way. Wow I can't believe how much rain we have had. I heard on the news this morning that we had 8 stratight days of rain.

Ladies you had me laughing with the dh sleeping stories...I can relate...especially with the snoring. I agree we all need a good night's sleep!!!

Hyper - that's great that your ds teachers are beign supportive. That is always a big help. I know it's tough trying to stay caught up....been there with dd.

Jan - yeah I agree with the others about your glasses. For the $$$ you paid you should not be testing to see how they feel.

Well ladies got to get back to run...have to fax and mail some things out before I head home.

Have a great day!! Stay warm and safe those with the awfully cold, windy, snowy weather.
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:56 PM

Okay I made it back on.. yes Suki Murph and Karen you are in our thoughts!

So yesterday i babysat my friends grandbaby... breastfed 8 month old mama's girl... no laundry was done..no dinner made... i was still in jammies with mushed bananas all over me when DH came home. House is torn up! When I said I do not know how I did this 4 times DH gave me one of those looks... I think it was deja vu for him when the kids were babies. I did not even brush my teeth until her mama picked her up.. hmm maybe that was why she was so fussy... my stink breath

So this morning was rough... everyone had to scrounge for clean socks.. they had to eat cereal except last one I cooked her eggs... when I told the kids I was firing the maid they gave that same look their father gives me. So today I have already done 5 loads and counting...

Cindy that is why I always try to get kids to go to school as make up work can sometimes get overwhelming..

Jan with the amount you paid you should have x-ray vision!!! Take them BACK!!! Hope it goes well I do not know about you but sometimes it seems like customer service is their last priority... what happened to customer is always right??

Geez scrapper that is pretty frustrating..I am sorry you had to waste a trip to docs... I hope you are feeling better soon! At least today is a beautiful day!!

Joan brrr... stay warm!!

Grateful I have to try that line next game day! LMAO!!! AGain thanks !!

K I have to run to the junior high to medicate a child... #! DD coughing...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register