2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 159 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-29-2008, 01:06 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

hi everyone, i have been well, just been on holiday with the kids and hubby in the caravan. we went for 10 days and just got back yesterday.
It's lovely you remembered and thought of me, i'd been thinking of all of you too and hoping your wether improved.
we travelled up past auckland (nz) to Orewa and it was very hot and rained twice while up there. we were very lucky to have such lovely summer wether. kids swam in the sea and it's the hottest summer we've had in years. ussually it rains all dec to jan and get nice feb when kids go back to school.
we went and did lots of shopping, my hubby loves shopping too. i think our 13yr daughter bought more than all of us.
we travelled up to the top of the north island to cape reinga leaving camp at 5-30am for a 4 hour drive there. kids saw the lighthouse and the directions to america and other countries. it was worthwhile seeing.
we did alot of other site seeing too and visited a chocolate factory and kauri(native wood) museum. someone made the last supper of christ out of kauri and i would have bought it except it was $600, maybe i will save up for it. It looked beautiful.
took a few photos and really enjoyed our holiday, kids go back to school 7th feb so still have a bit of rest yet. i have a bit of washing to do after our trip and will get out in the orchard in a day or two just thinning kiwifruit.
Just heard our prime minister helen clark is raising school leaving age to 18yrs. Tony my son is going to be devistated he is 12 but wants to finish at 16, which is the leaving age now. Tony wants to work with dad in the orchard. thinking what is he going to feel when it may not be til he is 18.
helen is so stupid, hoping she goes soon.
hope you all keep warm and don't worry your spring isn't far away.
karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Hi!
I just picked the kid's up from school, took DS for a haircut and went to the library and oh..my..hat is it cold. This is the coldest it's been yet this winter. And I don't think we've had anything near this cold last winter either. I am snuggling in and staying warm tonight and try not to think about how it's going to be in the morning. I'm making stroganoff for supper.

Joan freezing rain is no fun either. I will definitely keep my fingers and toes crossed that you're electric won't go out. You can't be without heat in this weather.

scrapper I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. That is a bad deal with the doctor's appt. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sas aah..the baby days. I remember many times still being in my jammies when DH got home. I must be a bad mom, I rarely make anything more than cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. My kid's are not big breakfast eaters, unless I make it for supper.

lulubea it sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. You did so many fun things. I think the chocolate factory would have been my favorite. You're lucky you hubby likes to shop. Mine likes to go in get what ya need and get out. Glad your back.

After supper it's back to make up work. Sas, I know, I try to get them to school most of the time too. This bug was pretty bad this time. There's been so much going around our school too. It's overwhelming, but it's a bit less stressful having the teacher's support.

I hope you all have a nice evening.
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Hi,

Well the freezing rain didn't last long but don't know what tomorrow wil bring... High winds are predicted.

Karen welcome back. So happy that you had a wonderful vacation with great weather. I know when we went on vacations the boys never forgot it. We once went to Bar Harber, Maine with my sister and her two sons and the boys never forgot it. One of my sons went there on their honemoon and my sister goes there on their anniversary. Yep, we went with our campers. I think family vacations are pricless. OMG the chocolate factory must have been wonderful umum...

My goodness Cindy you are the busy one. Don't you hate that cold freezing wind. I cannot wait until we start posting our warm temps. You sure know how to cook.. Stroganoff sounds wonderful. I had pea soup and a salad plus half sandwich. I am eating watermellon now. I buy them whenever I can summer and winter.

Scrapper sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. That's a downer when you go to an appt. and it is canceled. Good that you gave them your cell no.

Sas good to hear from you. How lucky were you to baby sit a 8 mo old baby. There is something about that age that they seem to be a little person and can sit up alone. Love that age. I hope you are doing well.

take care and enjoy your evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:38 PM

I have finally caught up on the posts from the past couple of days.

I am laughing at all of the sleeping with husband posts. We have a bed that our oldest sleeps in when he is home from school visiting. It is in our spare bedroom and has now become dh bed. He snores so bad that I would go out onto the couch. I am such a light sleeper. I have to have it completely quiet when I sleep. He didn't like the idea of me sleeping on the couch, so he decided he would be the one to move. So now I have the warm waterbed all to myself (well me and the cats). It works for us

I went for my eye exam today. There was a slight change in my prescription. I picked out new frames and will have my new glasses next week.

Right now I am catching up on laundry. DH is working until 8:00 tonight, so I have the house to myself. We are having left over enchiladas for dinner.

Everyone try and stay warm and safe out in this weather. Have a great evening
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:18 PM

Hi All,

The winds are unbelievable! We have freezing rain and ice but no snow yet, but the blizzard warning is until 9 am tomorrow for us. I hope you all are staying warm and cozy.

Karen it was good to hear from you! My DH and I took our kids on lots of trailer vacations when they were younger. When they were really little we would go visit family that lived on a lake every summer. Then we took them on 2 extended vacations.My DH worked tons of extra hours and trades to get both vacations. Each one was 4 weeks long. The first we traveled all over the south with the kids and took them to Disney for the first time. The next time we went was out West. We went to Rocky Mountain State Park, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Glacier Mountain, Mt Rushmore, Oregon Coast, etc we were all over the place. Lots of great memories. Once in a lifetime stuff. Your trip sounds like a great time.

Sas your babysitting sounded so fun. You know I love little ones and I am always happy to babysit. It was good for your kids to get to see you with that baby! I am sure it will make them appreciate a regular day with all you do more than they did before.

Scrapper sorry about that appt mix up! What a pain. I am glad you don't have to wait too long to get in.

Thank you all for your support with the glasses. I loved some of the comments about Xray vision and seeing clear to Hawaii. I may use those when I get to talk to the evil optical manager.

Lisa enchiladas sound good. You''l have to describe your new frames for us.

Joan I have not been to Maine, but I would love to go. My DH has been trying to get me to NewEngland for quite a few years, but ever since my Dad moved to Florida I always end up convincing him to go there. One of these days we'll get there. I think being around all that seafood will make me crazy, because I miss it so much!

Cindy have you gotten any snow? I hope the worst of it is over before you have to head off to school.

Well I have laundry to put away. Stay warm and sleep well!!
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Hi ladies!
I'm tired tonight. It has been a bit frustrating working with DS tonight. His motivation isn't as outstanding as it was last night. He is still working, but he's got to get to bed so he'll have to wrap it up soon. I didn't get to spend much time with the other two tonight. I'll be glad when he's caught up. He's getting through it.

Joan I'm glad your freezing rain stopped. I sure hope you don't get the winds we're having. Sounds like most of us are having some kind of weather issues. The stroganoff was good. That is actually one of the kid's favorite meals. Joan we've been to maine. It was a company function. a lobster fest. Unfortunately, I'm not a big seafood lover. I love watermelon. Where do you find it that it tastes good this time of year?

Lisa I hope you enjoyed your alone time. Your DH was sweet to care enough about your sleep to give you the bed to yourself. I don't think mine would do that.

Jan we didn't get the snow predicted in my area, but parts of Minnesota did. In fact two major highways were closed because of the blowing snow. The winds are the worst, as I'm sure you know. They are still staying we could get an inch or two overnight, which coupled with the temps could make the roads pretty slippery. Be careful tomorrow. I love to babysit too. There are several moms from school who have babies. We sometimes trade off for babysitting. I used to have a home daycare and I really enjoyed it.

Stay warm ladies! For everyone who has to venture out in bad weather tomorrow, be careful.
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:55 AM

Hi Cindy,

It sounds like our weather is pretty similar right now. We got the ice, wind, and 1-2 inches. It is still blustery and below zero now. It dies not end though they are predicting a big storm coming in tomorrow afternoon! Come on Spring, I am ready!!

Stay safe and warm everyone!!
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:08 AM

Jan there isn't any snow on the ground this morning. But it's 17 below and 33 below windchill. The house won't even get warm. It's not ending for us yet either. I'm ready for spring too. Be careful this morning.
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:37 AM

Cindy and Jan we are having the weather you just had. Since I got up the temp went from 31 d to 41 as of now. Freezing rain earlier now rain and getting windy which is supposed to get much worse with weather going way down with up to 60 M/H winds and even dumping some snow into that. The said to watch for trees and power lines down. Well guess I will stay home again today. I will have to do some cooking. Broccoli beef stir fry but I need to run out and get broccoli before it gets worse.

Stay warm everyone.
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:15 AM

Hey everyone... Stay safe and try to stay warm!!

Your weather sounds scary! I think I would have to take a whole xanax and pull the covers over my head!!!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register