2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I had my surgery 6 days ago and this was the 2nd day where I got dressed and did a LOT of walking. I also washed my hair which made me feel more human. I'm back to doing more in the kitchen, too. Still no heavy lifting, of course.

Took the dogs for a walk on my own and then my husband joined me and we took them even further. It wasn't too bad. I just had to slow down a few times. I was hoping to bring on some natural peristalsis. Didn't seem to help because I felt "heavy" down there. Hurt to sit. Felt pain in the rectal area. I had taken a stool softener and Gas-X, then I drank some prune juice. I finally had a small, somewhat firmer BM. Not much to speak of, but helped to relieve some pressure. Other than that, I feel pretty great. Not taking naps now so I can sleep all night. I might try driving somewhere short tomorrow. I want to see a movie, but not sure if sitting that long will be comfortable.

I really do feel like my recuperating is on or ahead of schedule. I might take one or two 600 mg. Motrin and my antibiotic. But, nothing stronger.

I notice there's a raised area on my perenium that feels like scar tissue or similar to an episiotomy. It's kind of sore, too. I hope this will smooth out in time. It's as if they sewed my vagina closed differently than one I went in.

Can anyone tell me what the pinkish tissue I see when I look into my vagina with a mirror? Since they took everything out except one ovary and lifted my bladder and put in a urethral sling, what could that tissue be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 07:37 PM

hey pam hang in there it will get better, have you tried laying on a pillow when you lie on your side ?place it on the side you will lie on and roll onto it. it does help it alot. i have a body pillow that i lie on and stick between my legs when i sleep on my side which is my usual position. i had sub abdominal hyst on the 1st came home 6th after finally kicking the pneumonia. i had a few rough days this is now day14 and not really taking anything. took 1 pill today after being in my car for like 2 hours but its getting better my belly is slowly going down i can easily fit into the abdominal band i was given in the hospital so that makes me happy. i just have to remind myself i had major surgery and not push too much. noone is doing any housework so i have to do it.laundry dishes dishwasher garbage.but i will heal eventually and feel great again. yea hope you feel better too.
Unread 10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Going on Week #2

Hello My HysterSisters,
I haven't updated my progress in awhile. I had a lavh/bso on Oct. 1 with left ovary remaining. I am good expect for today at Meijer, where hubby and I were picking up last minute things before he goes to work tomorrow when a stranger landed an elbow to the left side of my upper stomach where an incision is,. Talk about pain and being upset. It took my breathe away and the shopping stop and I went home to sit on couch with ice pack. There seems to be asmall circle of swelling there and I seemed to be spotting more. I will call the dr. tomorrow to go in to get checked. I am walking ok and the pain up til now had not bothered me much. I must ask this crazy question though, I swear my doctor moved my bowels into my vagina because when I have to poop, I have sharp pains down where my cervix used to be. Any one else experience this or am I just weird Hmmmmm. Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 09:26 PM

I am in extreme discomfort when I have to poop but it more in my belly. Mine feels more like a muscle issue. Maybe you are straining to poop and you feel it in that area. Have you tried a stool softener? It's less than a laxative and is supposed to help with the pressure of going. I'm on them.

And luvsyanks, I'm going to try the pillow option you were talking about.

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining. I'm just getting frustrated and I feel a little emotional today. I don't know why, I kept my ovaries. But I found myself crying at a stupid music video! Maybe I just need to go outside and get some fresh air. I'm jealous of you girls that are up an about. I got a friend to take me to the pharmacy today but that was all I could take. I feel like a bloated slug on my couch!

Can I ask a question about sleeping? Are any of you ladies experiencing trouble sleeping? When I go to bed it feels like I can't relax my stomach muscles. I spend what feels like forever trying to relax. Then, I'll get a twitch in my stomach and the process starts all over again.

I'm hoping luvsyanks remedy helps! Thanks!

Pam (I'm usually not this whiny.....sorry!)
Unread 10-14-2007, 10:10 PM

I have had very odd dreams, not nightmares exactly but strange. I think it is the pain pills they prescribed. If this is a side effect, I certainly wouldn't want to be addicted to them; it wouldn't be worth it! On the plus side, when I do take them it helps. I'm trying to be a 'tough old bird' but finally gave in and decided that if I don't get pampered now, when is it going to be? My oldest DD and DH have been super. The other kids have their lives and don't really understand this but that's ok. I was that way once and now wish I could tell my grandma I'm sorry. Live and learn I guess. This has been such a great site. I tell everyone about it. When I am able to, I would like to contribute something to it.
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Had my surgery on Wed, Oct. 3rd. Home by noon on the 4th. They took my uterus, ovaries and cervix-laproscopically. I had to be at a meeting on the 11th and I had to stand all morning and have had pain ever since. It feels like my insides are loose so I am trying to be good and stay put. Dr. said I am OK. I want to hold my stomach with some pressure when I walk as it seems to feel better. Does anyone else experience this same sensation?
AZsista
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:46 AM

I too walk and feel like something in there needs some support. I hear the swelly bellyband works really well. Considering purchasing it myself. Placing pressure on it does make it feel better. My dear old mom say i should just wear those support underwear in a larger size so it's not too tight but supportive. At this point i would try anything. How brave to stand for hours at a time. I must say i can walk around at my own pace pretty well for about and hour, but standing for more than 30-45 minutes just wears me out. Best of luck!
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:06 AM

Ladies,

I went out an bought a couple of pair of control top undies, they really do help. I asked my doctor if I should try them and he said yes its the same principle as when you sprain your ankle and you put an ace bandage on it. The control top really holds me in and I feel much more comfortable with them on then with plain undies.

Be careful with sleeping on your side, I have been doing it since I was in the hospital but now I realize my incision is oozing more when I lay on my side, I use pillows to keep me from rolling over but last night there was a lot of blood coming from my incision so I whipped out the wedge pillow and slept on my back. I see the doctor again on Wednesday, he is going to get sick of seeing me.
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:28 AM

Good Morning Ladies! I had a great sleep last night! I was completely surrounded by pillows so I was wedged in place! But I was able to get in to see the dr. this afternoon. I have a few questions regarding nausea, faintness and all around general health. If you ladies have any questions you'd like me to ask, just let me know. I'll make a list so I don't forget anything.
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:47 AM

thanks for the info. I think i'm going tobuy the support panties and see how they work for me. i also need comfortable clothes to wear. I have been living in my PJ's and two sweat suits that i use for doctor appointments. I despice sweat suits don't care what designer makes them.
you know i too have been sleeping on my side with a pillow under my belly and one in between my knees. My lovely 7 1/2 in incision looks pretty good except lastnight i noticed some blood from the left corner. I sleep on my left side.
I have been going to bathroom well. But i'm still very umcomfortable. I know i should take the pain meds when needed and i'm going to start to do this b/c i'm only causing myself the pain and suffering. I haven't been nauseaus anymore. Not much appetite but drinking fluids ok. ice pops and jello do count as fluid! LOL I have taken naps during the day and go to bed late(12) and rise early(5). What types of symptons can you get after a surgical menapouse? Night sweats still, what else?? I have awoken soaked a few) times since the surgery at least three times.
It has been so wonderful to be able to get information from hystersisters. I tell everyone i know about it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register