2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 161 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-31-2008, 09:18 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi all!
It's really quiet on the board today. DH and DS are racing slot cars and the other two are in bed. I have a little time to myself, but I'm feeling tired so it might be an early night for me. I will do my shopping tomorrow. DH and DS are leaving for S.D. tomorrow. DS's basketball team is having a field trip/tournament. They are going to tour the school they are playing against, go to a museum and out for lunch and dinner. Saturday morning they are having a tournament for fun. No trophys. This is a fellowship trip rather than a competition. DD is having a friend sleep over tomorrow night. I'm sure there will be alot of giggling and girly fun. Poor little DS will want to try to be around them, but DD has already informed me that he is not coming in her room or doing anything with them. I'm going to rent a movie for him and I to watch. DH took DS to the optometrist. They put his lenses in a pair of loaner frames and have ordered him new frames. It is covered under warranty, so luckily this one's for free. I have some almond bark in the pantry that's calling my name. I'm trying to be strong and look the other way, but it's sounding pretty good.

Jan, Joan Sas, Grateful, Lisa I hope you all are having a good evening. If I've missed anyone, please forgive me, my brain is tired tonight.

Suki and Murph, I'm thinking about coming to where you both live to make sure you are both o.k. Seriously, I'm worried about you two. I hope that you both are just on a lovely vacation somewhere and we'll be hearing from you soon.

Sleep well ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 09:20 PM

scrapper I'm sorry, I missed your post. I hope all went well at your drs. appt. Let us know. That sounds so nice to relax with your DD and enjoy a show together.
Unread 01-31-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi Ladies,

It has been one heck of a day. I had a long meeting after school and it has been snowing up a storm. I had to drive 10 miles an hour to pick up my GD. I had to watch her tonight and then once I got her to bed I had to help youngest DD with her sociology. I am tired and I have to go to a workshop in the morning which will require me to leave an hour earlier than usual! TG it is Friday tomorrow.

Cindy I feel bad for both your DS's. I am glad you had a warranty for older Ds's glasses because that is the worst when you have to go without your glasses. I feel bad for your little DS when big sis is too busy for him. We always had that the opposite between our DS and his younger sister. i think your plan with the movie is a good one.

Scrapper good luck at the dr. Glad you will be keeping us posted.

Off to bed for me. I will type more tomorrow. Have a good night and sleep well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 07:33 AM

Good morning ladies!

I'm off for shopping after I drop DD to school. I'm tired this morning because.....I'm in a deep sleep last night when I feel someone groping at my feet. My eyes shoot open like in a horror movie and I hear DH say "are you awake"? I look up and he's standing at the edge of the bed, apparantly he just got home from slot cars. I say, " you scared the *&^&** out of me and no I wasn't awake"! As if he didn't hear me he starts talking and talking and talking. I'm laying there thinking, mommy make him stop. He keeps talking so I sit up and in a calm yet evil voice I say How inconsiderate can you be? blah blah blah, I have a full day tomorrow blah blah blah I just wanted a good night's sleep blah blah blah. As he skulks out of the room his last words are, "o.k. I guess I'll let you get back to sleep now....night" Huh? I didn't get back to sleep for over an hour! That guy!! O.K. enough ranting about my poor, dear oblivious hubby! DH and DS were in good spirits this morning when they left and I wasn't furious anymore, so it's all good.

Jan I know you'll be tired tonight having to get up earlier than usual. Thank goodness it's Friday. It will be hard for little DS tonight. He and DD are really close and usually she loves being around him most of the time. But when she has a friend over she doesn't want to be bothered with him. I understand though.

Well I've gotta get going. Have a good day all!
Unread 02-01-2008, 11:25 AM

Morning,

Just a quick post because my DS is here and showering and I will make him breadfast.

Expecting bad weather again today with freezing rain and up to 6 in of snow.

I just came back to my post... Cindy that was funny about you DH groping you feet the way you said it, I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time.
Girls are so cute when they get together. I see my GD and friens together and they can find fun just sitting around and talking. This will be a good time for you and DS bonding.

Jan I would just bring the glasses back and ask for my full refund. I hope that you weren't too tired getting up earlier this morning.

Scrapper I hope you are feeling better today

Lisa sounds like two really great jobs that you have. I would not have minded doing something like that. Those younger kids are priceless. I tougnt religion class for 2nd graders and you can just see how they trust and believe in what you say. I got them ready for receiving their 1st Holy communion.

Karen I admire your being leader for girl guides and now rangers.
Thank you for sharing with us Karen and it sounds like your life is full and you have a wonderful family.

Guess what, I have a new pot to cook my bread in and I am making some this afternoon and cook it in the morning.

Hope everyones weather is better than mine.

enjoy your day.
Unread 02-01-2008, 02:24 PM

Hey every one...
Well the bug has returned...oldest DD( I just realized how bad that looks when I refer to kids as #1 and #2!) well she came home sick yesterday and is home today... ugh.. sore throat, cough, just overall blah...

Thank you Karen for sharing. I am glad you have such a caring and supportive family. I think your life sounds full lovely and you quite happy.
I always wanted to live on a farm of sorts... Living with my DH and DSs comes kind of close sometimes but your orchard living just sounds wonderful...

Cindy, Men....huh? Mine will wake me up sometimes at 4 to say have you seen my wallet?... or, uh I can't find my keys....or, Hon...? are you awake? I can't find my phone... fun times sleepovers... every weekend is like a sleepover here as the DD's are giggling and playing around... fighting...running around... They are so close and quite sweet when they are not fighting... Hope little your little DS does not feel too sad his sister is too busy for him! I think maybe we might be trying to get on the same "cycle" was it 2 days ago you were feeling itchy and now yesterday almonf bark is calling you... all of us with ovaries might end up on the same cycle.... that will be some fun posts....

Jan.. I do not envy you ... driving in the snow... I too went to bed early last night... just conked out at about 8 o'clock. woke up at 2 for a little..back out around 4 after I found DHs wallet...I hope your Friday goes quickly and you can maybe drive 20 mi an hour !!

Scrapper what did the doc say? I am wondering if you have same as my DD.. well hope you are feeling better... enjoy this beautiful day...

Joan stay inside and warm!! sorry you did not get your broccoli the other day... I picked some up that day and thought of you! Hope your weather warms up soon I know you must be missing your walks. I think I will make the bread dough tomorrow and bake on sunday as we are supposed to get more rain...

Lisa your jobs sound perfect for you. I could never drive around that many kids... I am not patient enough.. The card one sounds great I would love that kind of flexibility... Merced sounds familar... where is that near?

Grateful are you still hanging in there or have you been detained by security for racing through the parking lot again?

Everyone have a great Friday and a relaxing weekend...

Suki and Murph....? missing you... hope all is well
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM

Hey ladies,

Happy Friday to you all!!!! I'm so glad it's Friday - it has been a long week especially not feeling well. I'm feeling better not feeling as tired. I have some congestion and I'm still dealing with and a slight cough.

My doctor said it isn't broncitis as I though it was...so that was good news. She just said it is going around and no need for any antibiotics.

The other news I got was about my back pain....I had the xrays taken and got the results yesterday. It turns out that I have some problems in my lower back area...degenerative discs, bone spurs, and 2 discs that aren't aligned. Right now it is going to be treated with physical therapy and to continue taking my anti-inflammatory meds. I go back to see her at the end of March. All of this explains the pain I've been having...not fun.

Hyper - your story about your dh had me laughing. I can totally relate. My dh did the same thing the other night. He heard me coughing and asked if I was awake and proceeded to ask me where was the checkbook. I was like what??? Hope your ds does ok tonight with dd having her friend over.

Joan - good luck with your weather - hope you don't have to be out in it.

Tonight I would like to get my marketing done and also go to Target. This way I have tomorrow to rest. On sunday we are taking dd and her best friend to a concert - it is early...at noon...I"m so glad. Their favorite group The Jonas Bros. are performing so they are excited. So she will have her friend spend the night tomorrow.

that is all we have going on this weekend...I'm glad because I would like to get some rest so I can feel much better by Monday.

Have a great evening and weekend!!
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:41 PM

i hate it when our kids get bugs especially the tummy ones as john and i seem to get it severe. we don't seem to get those bugs as much now as when the kids first started school.

i am off down the back of the orchard to thin fruit and am so looking forward to it as it will be first time in there since may last year when i was so aneamic.
I've been for a run this morning too around the orchard and see the indians doing a lovely job thinning in other parts of out orchard. i can now run 30 minutes up and down a few hills too.i have started running early because it's been so hot in the evenings i feel like i might collapse and that's not a good look in front of the indians.

don't worry i would wake up freaked too if someone was tickling my feet, hubby would get told off too. I tend to be the one waking him if he goes to bed a bit before me i expect him not to be that quick going to sleep and jump on him. he gets quite a fright sometimes. ha ha.
you guys are pretty busy too and have full lives i see.
karen
Unread 02-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Hi ladies,

Well driving this morning was a little yucky, but much better this evening. MY DH got held at work again so he won't be home until 8pm. Because of that we are switching pizza night. I am making chicken fried rice tonight and tomorrow we will order pizza.

Cindy I hope your DD has fun tonight and I hope your little DS does ok since you will be giving him some special attention. I would have been telling my DH off if he woke me up also! My sleep has become a precious commodity since the hyster so he best not mess with me!

Joan I hope you are having a nice visit with your DS. I hope you stay warm and enjoy your bread.

Sas those &%$# bugs. I wish they would give us all a break. I hope your DD recovers quickly.

Scrapper glad you finally got to see the doc. I am sorry about your pain and I hope the pt brings some relief. Rest as much as you can this weekend.

Karen your place hust sounds so lovely. i think we should plan a Hyster Sister get together at your place! LOL I admire your running. You are obviously in much better shape than I! I like your idea of pouncing on DH. Sounds like something my DH would get a kick out of.

Have a wonderful evening ladies. I second what Sas said, I sure do miss Suki and Murph and I hope they are both doing ok.
Unread 02-01-2008, 07:19 PM

<<<<Lisa your jobs sound perfect for you. I could never drive around that many kids... I am not patient enough.. The card one sounds great I would love that kind of flexibility... Merced sounds familar... where is that near?>>>>

Merced is in central CA. We are between Modesto and Fresno. I love that we are centrally located and two hours from Yosemite, Monterey and San Francisco.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register