2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 162 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

TGIF I just got back from getting my hair trimmed. It has been driving me crazy all week. It feels so good to have it done. I did my grocery shopping this morning in between jobs, so I don't have to leave the house this weekend. We have another storm coming in tonight and tomorrow, so I'm so happy I can stay in.

Joan I hope you have a nice visit with your ds. Enjoy your bread.

Scrapper I hope you start getting some relief from your back pain.

Sas I hope your dd starts feeling better. Seems like everyone has been having a terrible time with sickness lately.

Karen your orchard sounds lovely. It sounds like you are in really good shape to be doing your running. I feel like I am in good shape until I try and do anything physical and then realize how out of shape I really am. I am going to start riding my bike again once it starts to warm up again.

Jan I'm glad you had safe travels today.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Hello all...just getting caught up on all the posts! It's been a rough few days. Been a little under the weater (MUCH better now), work has been tough and DS had a mini-meltdown in school (now he's on punishment until the year 2050). Had to get the police involved in the work situation and terminate someone, so all that said- IT'S BEEN AN EMOTIONALLY DRAINING WEEK!!!
Sas- I had to LOL about us with ovaries being on the same cycle because with all that's been going on, I've also been in a really itchy mood. I stopped the estroven to see if it's the reason for my swollen fingers. I think it might be because although it's not all gone, only one finger hurts. So, I think it might be the estroven. I hate that because I was having some great sleep and no hot flashes. Now, the hot flashes are back and so are the moods. DH says, surely you could live with some swollen fingers??? Naturally he means PLEASE DON'T STOP TAKING IT IT WAS WORKING!!! Oh well, I may try something else...

Cindy- so funny about DH waking you up. I'm like everyone else, sleep is so precious since hyster, I'd probably open up a can on my DH for that. Hope your sleepover goes well. Girls are so fun at that age.

Quick- hope your back gets to feeling better. The therapy should help just get plenty of rest also. SO glad you don't have bronchitis, that would really be jacked up!

Karen- your story really moved me. You are so strong and courageous and that was really touching. I agree that the Hyster Sisters reunion should be at your place!!! Can't wait to run through the orchard! Don't forget to cut my roses on Valentines! Actually, hopefully DH will redeem himself. If not, he's got some cold, lonely days ahead of him!!!

Lisa be careful in that storm. Both of your jobs sound fun. I actually LOVE babies but don't like kids one bit (LOL). I could have 10 babies if they promised to never grow up. When I retire, I want to go to the hospital and just rock babies all day long. Nothing else...

Jan- I echo you on the blahs and get your money back. Matter of fact, if you don't, the way I'm feeling, just tell me where they are located and I'll be happy to get you a full refund plus 2 free sets of glasses. LOL.

I'm having a much-needed margarita and then shower and bed. DH had a 9pm meeting at work, so I was like, see you later and don't be waking me up. Oh, terrible story I'd never tell him but for the past year, i've been having dreams about this VP at work (sexual dreams!!!). It's been weird, like an ongoing story. Well, last night, we decided we could no longer sneak around and we 'came out' and told everyone and decided to be together. I'm feeling so bad that I'm having this affair in my dreams and it's like a real story playing out! I hardly ever see this person and it's never been anything remotely close to romance but now I'm afraid to dream!!! I may end up pregnant with no uterus!!!! LOL

TTYL
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:36 PM

Hi everyone!

It's been a long day. I did my grocery shopping, went to target, DS and I had lunch, got gas and a car wash and got back home with 15 minutes to spare before I picked up the girls. I hurried and put the perishables away. Went and picked up the girls stopped at the movie store and rented a movie for me and DS and one for all of us to watch. Came home put the rest of the stuff away, threw a frozen pizza in the oven and then took a long deep breath! The kids are in bed, not sleeping yet, but in bed. The sleepover has gone well. DS tried to con his way in DD's room a couple of times. It was so sweet, when we put the movie in for all of us to watch, the girls let DS sit in between them. He was on cloud nine. DH called and he and DS are having a good time. I'm going to try to relax a bit, but I'll probably conk out soon.

Joan glad you're getting some time to spend with your DS. How long will he be at your place? I'm so glad you have a new pot to make your bread.

Sas I'm sorry to hear DD is sick. Yep it was me who was itchy and craving chocolate. Definitely has to be my cycle. Too funny that us ovary woman seem to be having our cycles at the same time. That's o.k., we can be itchy together.

Scrapper I'm glad you don't have bronchitis. I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope the physical therapy works! My dd loves the Jonas brothers! She said the curly haired one is her favorite. I think that's the youngest one.

Karen I admire you for running. Your orchard just sounds so nice. What a wonderful thing to have.

Jan I know you have to be glad it's Friday. I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. I with you, let's have that reunion at Karen's orchard. Chicken fried rice sounds really good. The frozen pizza just didn't do it for me tonight.

Lisa you have a good idea to stay in this weekend. We are supposed to get a pretty good snow storm, starting Sunday night. Just in time for the week! Why can't it snow all weekend and be over and everything clear by Monday!

Grateful sounds like you need that margarita. I'm sorry the last few days haven't been so pleasant. You need a nice relaxing weekend. Is there something else you might be able to take in place ot the estroven? I know that has to be a bummer to find something that works for you and it causes problems. What is up with those dreams? LOL

I just thought of a cute thing that happened tonight. The girls were all dressed up in DD's play clothes. They were sitting on the couch and I heard them saying. Lets pretend we're widows. Yeah, how about rich widows?? Where in the world did they ever hear about rich widows?? DD's friend is our Pastor's daughter. Think I should share that cute little story with him? LOL

I think I'll go do a little relaxing.

Have a good night ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello October sisters!

Looks like all my October sisters are doing well. 4 months now!

Suki, we miss hearing from you and are worried.
Drop a quick note when you can! One more treatment? That is good!!.

I am still going thru chemo. Almost done!!

Love to all of you great women,
Chris
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:28 AM

Good morning ladies!!!!

It was wonderful to sleep in this morning. My oldset DD is off getting her taxes done so Right now it is Youngest dd, GD, & Me. GD is making hereslf busy with my brrom in the kitchen. The floor will not get clean, but I hope the cabinets will withstand the wollopping! Only my typical weekend chores left, laundry and groceries. I am going to talk DH into going shopping with me when I am done babysitting. As long as we're out I think we'll get some movies to go along with our pizza tonight. Right now he is over at his parents clearing all the snow. Uh oh, GD is yelling better get going, TTYL!!
Unread 02-02-2008, 03:15 PM

I am sitting here trying to get motivated. I need to mop, vacuum, dust and clean the bathrooms and here I sit. I slept in until 9:30 this morning. Guess I really was tired. I fell asleep last night on the couch and dh said I was snoring really loud. I think he's lying!! I don't snore...

Cindy I hope the sleepover was a success. That is too funny about the girls being rich widows. Where do kids come up with some of these ideas.

Jan I hope your cabinets survived the attack of the broom. At least gd was happy

Well I have stalled long enough. I am off to start my chores. I am actually going to go out back first and clean up all dogs land mines. With 3 dogs they pile up quickly. I is supposed to start raining later, so I will get my outside stuff done first.
Unread 02-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Hi all!

I'm baking cookies for coffee hour at church tomorrow. The sleepover was a success. They had a great time. After I took DD's friend home, we met a friend of mine and her kids at Mcdonalds. After we ate, the kids played in the yucky germy playplace while we had a nice visit. As soon as the cookies are done, the kids are getting baths. DH and DS will be back later this evening.

Jan I can just picture your GD "sweeping". I'm glad you got to sleep in this morning. I usually sleep in on Saturdays, but the girls were up early so I had to be up. I hope your DH went shopping with you. Sounds like you have a nice relaxing evening planned.

Lisa it sounds like you have a busy day! I hope you don't wear yourself out. I don't know where kids come up with some of the things they say, but it was funny. I hope you find some time to relax after your cleaning.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:30 PM

i slept in this morning too but woke to the phone ringing, my hubby had gone to the gun club and my kids are at grandparents on their orchard and i thought who would be ringing me. I let it ring and answer phone clicks on , it rings 3 more times so i get it and it's my father inlaw, my daughter was ringing me he says where were you, i said sleeping in, he says are you sick, no i say just wanted to sleep in. oh well i spose i did get a bit of a sleep in before the ringing. my daughter didn't want anything in particular just saying hello. that's nice.

i went and thinned yesterday and at the moment there are lots of cicadas they are not as bad as last year but still bad enough when you pull at some fruit and a cicada buzzes and flys at your face, eech!
they will be gone again by end of feb so that's good.
The other time is november when we have bees in to pollinate fruit flowers. they can stay for up to 2 weeks but if its sunny everyday only about 5 days and then the bee men come and take their hives away. we have to have screens on doors and windows when we have bees and i can hang the washing out but have to bring it in by 3pm as the bees head to their hives about 4pm. I have learned to know how bees work, they don't work when it's raining or if there is no sun and they go home about 4pm, they start work as soon as the sun comes up and they need lots of water. we often let the hose trickle at the pack shed for the bees.
If you have a pool or a dog with dish full of water that's where the bees will be.
my hubby and son go early in the morning before the sun comes up and feed the bees, but not sure what its called that they feed them. they don't bother the guys anymore but one year we got a rather grumpy lot of bees and john came in quite alot chubbier than usual, lucky he isn't alergic to stings. John wears a white bee suit but still got stung that day.
I can still do my run passed the hives but it is still a bit scarry, so i run the other side of our hedge in the neighbours orchard as they have their bees further over.

chris you will be pleased when your chemo is through,
lisa make sure you do go bike riding once your weather gets better, you'll find exercising gives you lot's of rewards even if it's just some time out to be by yourself and think, that's why i run. I used to run in cross countries at school and often ran over the paddocks down the end of our road where we lived. I did ok in the cross country but never managed 1st 2nd or 3rd, but did manage a 7th
hope everyone is good today and will be back later if cicadas bug me in the orchard.
ooh and i'd love a party with all our hyster sisters that would be cool.
karen
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:51 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has been moved to the date club forum.

We invite you to continue to participate, replying in support of other members with questions or starting a thread to ask questions of your needs. Please visit the pre-op and post-op forums to reply to other women in need of support!

And of course, you may continue to reply here to this thread with your friends of your hyst date club!

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:22 PM

Princess Bea Well
We were told we could continue this thread in date clubs?? Can this be arranged we would really be lost without this contact.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register