2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 165 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi all!

Thought I'd check in and was so happy to hear from Suki. I'm so sorry to hear everything you've been through. I knew it was something unpleasant that had you away so long. You are always in my prayers! I'm glad for you that you only have one more treatment. I know it's too much for you right now to catch up on posts, but just know that we've all been worried about you and had been hoping to hear from you to know you are o.k. I will be praying for you as always.

Sas wow your DS has joined the Navy. Although you will worry about him and miss him, I know you'll be proud of him. Sometimes I feel like DS's latework is never going to get caught up. When I working lunch today, DD said she didn't feel good, I told her it will be just a couple hours and I'll be there to get you, so she stayed. I will be so glad when this bug season is over. If you don't mind me asking, how old are your kids? I'm making spaghetti too. I just made it not too long ago, but DH actually requested it.

Joan I think it's great that you have the freedom to do what you want and have fun. I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. I meant it in a good way. You certainly deserve it, being a stay at home mom and then a single parent. We do fun things too, mostly with the kids. But at this time in my life that is good. If I need some time out my DH is really good about staying with the kids.

scrapper sounds like your weekend was fun. The sleepover sounds like it was a success and the concert too. Isn't is so fun to watch those girls just having fun, being kids, and enjoying themselves?

I've gotta go pick up DD and DS from school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Hello all-
Just checked in for a quick minute and Suki, so glad to hear from you. I knew something serious had to be going on for you to be gone that long. I am SO sorry to hear about all of that. I presume you're home now. Please take care of yourself and I am praying for you!!!

Gotta run but will check back in later with everyone.
Unread 02-04-2008, 04:18 PM

Hi Just checking in briefly, busy day here!

Suki so glad to hear from you!!!!!!! I knew it had to be something serious to keep you away from us for so long. My prayers and good thoughts are with you. I wish there was more I could do for you. If there is something you need that can be done long distance don't hesitate to ask. If you need some special goodies or such I would be happy to send them your way. I am glad you know we are thinking of you.

I have to go i am making fish for dinner and have to pick up GD but will check back later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 05:33 PM

I was just checking in also and am so glad to hear from you Suki. I am so sorry that you have been thru so much. Sending very special prayers and healing thoughts your way. I hope you are on the road to good health.

Cindy I sure didn't take anything you said the wrong way. I meant to convey that I had lots of time on my hand now that my family is grown and not around here. If they lived here I would be very busy with the GKsI do miss them because I don't get to drive there during the winter. Had to take a bus at Christmass time and that is quite a hassel but well worth it .

Sas I can just imagine how you are feeling at this time thinking about you DS going into the Navy. I have been there when both my sons left me at the same time (summer) They are 1 yr apart. and out of the blue my son who just graduated from high school went to Florida instead of College and the other one decided on going to College as it was called a bridge program where 11th graders were able to go to College. He was taking all advanced subjects so was able to go. What was the hardest thing to go thu was loosing them both at once. I got thru it.....

Scrapper good for you going to the gym. A few years ago I went to the gym every day and loved it. Now I love walking outside and I don't usually walk alone but with a friend. You must be pooped this evening waking up so early this morning. I bet you go to bed early. That was cute about your DD. Sounds like she really had a good time. What concert was it?

enjoy your evening Ladies.
Unread 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM

Suki I am so sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time! I am sending healthy healing thoughts and as always you are in my prayers. So relieved to hear from you. I wish I could do something for you... I hope this last treatment means the last of all these troubles. Rest and we will be here if you need us...

Cindy My boys are 21 and 17.5 and the girls are 12.5 and 10. Well the recruiter is here to talk to us... I will try to pop back on after... if not everyone have a good night....
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

Whew it is not a good sign for this week when this is the first time I have had to catch my breath today. I think it may be a very busy week.

Cindy I hope your DD is ok. Thi is one heck of a winter for weather and bugs. Today it was so weird here. First we got 5-6 inches of snow. Then the temp went up a bit and it turned to freezing rain and hail! We got a couple of inches of pea sized hail. Now of course that mess is all frozen over! We are supposed to get 10-12 more inches tomorrow. I wondered if you were having the same thing. I swear I am thinking spring--it's just not working. LOL

Sas the navy, wow that is huge. I know going to college is not the same as the navy, but in August my DS will be leaving for college that is 6 hours away from home and I will have a hard time with that, so I really feel for you with the navy. We will be here for you, count on that!

Well ladies I have to fold a load of laundry and then off to bed. I'll let you know what tomorrow brings.

Sleep Well!!
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm tired tonight. Mondays always to seem to be a hectic day. I'm going to read a bit. The kids don't have school tomorrow, so I will be able to sleep in a bit tomorrow.

Jan we had about three inches of snow, but it was 30 today, so it turned kind of slushy. The temp will drop tonight so I'm sure that wet slush will freeze over. Our happy thoughts of spring sure aren't working. My dd has been complaining off and on tonight of not feeling good. No temp though.

Sas I hope you have a good talk with the recruiter and all of your questions will be answered.

Joan that must have been hard to have both boys leave at once. I get sad thinking of the day my kids will leave home. Heck as you already know, I'm going to be a basket case when my youngest starts kindergarten next year. Do you just have the two boys?

I'm going to go and relax a bit before bed. Sleep well!
Unread 02-05-2008, 12:45 AM

every now and then i still get some pain, like if i laugh it still hurts sometimes the scar still stings a little too but not all the time.
The surgeon also went through my c-section scar for the hyster.
glad to hear from suki although you have been going through so much.
It's awful you may need another surgery but it hopefully will get you right again. thinking of you.

I have finished thinning fruit so that's it for jobs in the orchard for now. My son does the mowing now which i used to do but when he goes back to school i will beable to do it again.
not much else happening around home so will have to just read some of your messages.

just wondered since i had my hyster i can't seem to lose any weight. I have got back into my running 30 minutes a day about 4 days aweek. and i can't seem to budge anything.
do any of you find with exercising you can't lose anything. I just want to lose 3kgs
karen
Unread 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM

Hey all

Jan busy makes the time the fly!! So that means before you know it Friday will be here... Six hours away is six hours away... But you must be proud that he going to college... what is he going to study? August is the same time mine is supposed to leave so we will get through it together...I so wanted college for my boys... I am hoping for the girls they seem to be a little more inclined... they talk about Notre Dame... ummm ya I am playing the lottery...

Jan how old are your boys? I can't imagine having both leave at once! My oldest went to New York to work a couple a years ago I thought I was going to miss him something crazy... He called me every day!! When he moved back and got his own apt... maybe every other day and sometimes I had to give him wake up calls... Then he moved back home last summer cuz he was joining the marines... he did not go... long story... I really have not had too much of a chance to miss him... You must truely treasure their visits now.

Cindy... How is DD? I think my DS might have strep... I am letting him sleep when I went to wake him up he could barely talk and he feels hot... i lent me thermometer to a neighbor... but he has a bronchitis sounding cough... I will wait and take his temp and go from there... poor little big guy... He is my baby boy... all over 6 feet of him!!! I hope your DD is not down too. Your littlest seems to have escaped it all... I am knocking on wood...!

Karen... umm ya.. having some trouble dropping the poundage... ten years ago I would have already lost all extra pounds doing half of what I am doing... our metabolism needs a serious kick start..if I do not drop down in 30 days I think I may cheat and go to one of those medical weight loss places where they give you b12 shots and other stuff. I am trying to stick to it but it is frustrating...

Scrapper they went through my c-section scar too... do you suppose that is why there is numbing? my scar is nearly 22 years old. how are you feeling? cough better? Did you have a sore throat? I am wondering if my DS has same like you...

Well I am off to cook french toast... Cindy I try to cook breakfast a couple times a week cuz my middle 2 tend to skip lunch or not eat much for lunch...they will maybe have chips and a soda... believe me this is a recent thing as when they were smaller I would sometimes forget to even feed them cereal... I was never a breakfast person so I am trying to instill good breakfast habits in them... trust me I am well stocked with cereal for those insane mornings...yesterday 2 had cereal and 2 had peanut butter and jellie sandwhiches... my on the run specialty!!!

YOu winter bunnies try to stay warm... everyone have a great day!!!!
Unread 02-05-2008, 10:27 AM

umm that second Jan is to Joan... a duh huh..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register