2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 167 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies!!

Great to hear from you Murph!! Sure have missed you. Glad to know you are ok.

It was another busy day. I went back to the eye doctor today. First I met with the optical manager and had to fill out paperwork. That gal sure does not have a warm manner with customers. Then I went back to the exam room to get my prescription checked. They did the whole exam over and took alot more time this time. The doctor feels they have the prescription right but he feels the glasses need to be remade. So he sent me back to the manager and told her to send them back today to be remade. She did not seem to happy but she did not give me another problem and did what he asked. i tell you Grateful there were a few minutes when I was wishing I had your phone number to take you up on your offer to handle her. I think the doctor is most likely right and they will be better when they come back in.

Since I sarted my day late because of the doctor appt I spent the rest of the day going double time to catch up. Sas you are right it is making my week fly by. I stayed a little bit after work for some more catch up, went to vote, and then came home and made stoganoff and noodles for dinner. After dinner I gave GD her bath and watched a bit of tv with DH. I have given up on tv because we are being bombarded by primary coverage and there is only so many ways they can say the same thing! I have not done quite as well at walking this week as I was last week. I need to get back on the treadmill tomorrow.

Cindy I am glad you had a chance to sleep in! That is rare for you. How come the kids are off tomorrow? It is not an off day here. We have a local thrift store here called the closet. My kids always loved to go there. My girls liked to buy dresses when they were little for dressup and as they got older they liked to buy clothes that were "retro." I hope your DD found her books. We have some of that set around here. I have tons of books and toys saved from my kids. Little GD has been enjoying quite a few of them!

Sas thanks we will have to lean on each other in the summer for sure. I hope your visit/meeting went well. I am glad you are not thinking it is strep for DS as that is so nasty. I hope your youngest does not get hit too bad. PB & J for breakfast is a good idea! On school days my kids are always stuck with oatmeal, cream of wheat, cold cereal, toast, or frozen waffles. Pancakes and eggs are only on weekends or off days. My kids would love to have someone make french toast! They often talk about the good old days when Mom stayed home. They sometimes act like it was a betrayal when I went back to work!

Karen glad you figured out what was causing your pain. Happy Waitangi day.

Joan I am sorry about the party. Sounds like the dentist went well. I think it is great that you got an all clear from the doctor and don't have to think about going again for a year. I go again next week and I am getting kind of tired of going. I would like to get an all clear for a year. I have not seen that movie. It has interesting title. What is the main idea?

Scrapper I am glad you are starting to feel better. It must be that time of the year for busy days at work. Let us know how that appt goes tomorrow.

Well unfortunately my daughter wants more sociology help so I guess it is homework time.

Healing thoughts to you Suki!!

Grateful and Lisa I hope you are having a good day.

Have a great evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Suki it was really good to hear from you. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I have you in my prayers. Check back in when you feel up to it.

Murph it was good to hear from you again, too.

Today dh was off and I took the day off from my card job. It was a sunny day and we worked in the yard. I really pruned one of our bushes back. I sure hope it comes back in the spring. It looks pretty pathetic right now. After I got done with my transporting this afternoon we went and voted. Our youngest was with us and everyone at the polling place kept saying he looked too young to be voting. After we got done there we went out for an early dinner.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening and I will check back in tomorrow.
Unread 02-05-2008, 10:09 PM

hey Murph I see you are on..

Okay so I have 3 with fevers! scratchy throats and chills... We are not a happy crew... I am tired... I made different meals for the 3 of them... DH and oldest fended for themselves... I am bleaching the house tomorrow... washing everything... new tooth brushes.. THis is crazy! I am waiting for youngest to fall back to sleep and i think I will go down until someone wakes me up. DS just told me he lost weight just from the last couple days of not feeling good and now sick... so here is my upside... maybe I will catch this bug and I will lose a few pounds!

I will pop back in tomorrow... DH just told me my typing is keeping him awake... hmmm pity... guess who will be sound asleep when the fevers spike back up... night all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Hi Ladies,

It is snowing like mad here. Calling for 12-15 inches. My DD's school is called off. I am stuck writing reports today. Not my favorite but can't counsel when the kids are gone!
I hope you ladies are having better weather. Sas I sure hope you got some sleep tongiht. Whatever they have all got I hope it doesn't last more than 24 hours either. Lisa how old are your kids? It is nice that you got to spend the day for your DH. My DH is on shift today. he sure has been gone for alot of the shoveling this season! Well back to work. TTYL.
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:04 AM

Good morning!

I got the kids off to school. I need to jump in the shower and start my day. Tonight the girl and boy pioneers are hosting a potato supper before our ash Wednesday church service. DD and I are serving from 5:00-6:00. DH and the boys will come up at 6:00, we will all eat and go to the service at 7:00. I just remembered I'm supposed to bring a dessert. It might not be homemade this time, I'm probably going to run to the store and pick up something.

Jan I heard your area was supposed to get alot of snow. I'm glad you can work from home, so you don't have to be out in it. I'm sorry you had to go through so much to get your glasses figured out. I hope they come back perfect. My kids were off school yesterday, due to a funeral. Our school building and church are connected. They are separated by a long hallway. The woman who the funeral was for was loved by many and was very active in our church and school. They were expecting a very large turnout for the funeral and the teachers wanted to attend, so they decided to close school. In the last seven years the only other time they've closed school for a funeral was in Oct. when our kindergarten teacher's husband passed. Normally when there is a funeral the kids aren't even aware of it because of the distance between the school and church. We are having o.k. weather right now, but this weekend the temps are supposed to plummet to below zero again.

Sas I'm sorry your kids are sick. I hope the rest of you are spared. I hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I'm always the one who is up with the kids too when they are sick. I hope they feel better today.

Lisa It sounds like you had a really nice day yesterday. Its good to take a break sometimes and enjoy the day.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Unread 02-06-2008, 10:24 AM

Good morning ladies,

So far it hasn't been too hectic at work. Just plugging away at my work. I have to send some mail via Express mail, but I need more mailing envelopes. So I have to go get some more supplies from our mail room.

Sas - sorry to hear about your kids being sick...not fun. I hope it doesn't last too long. When our kids are sick, who do they call on...MOM. You take care.

Jan - hope your second pair of glasses come back just right. Seems like the office manager needs to tweak her attitude.

This morning dropped down to 41 as I was driving into work. It is sunny now but cool. Will probably have to run out to the post office during lunch to drop off that express mail package.

Tonight going to church for Ash Wednesday services. Well got to get back to work. Will check in later.

Have a good day!
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:04 PM

Today was a sunny and cool day. I'll take the sun anytime I can get it. It is supposed to be in the low 60's this weekend. I feel some yardwork is in my future Give me a lawnmower over a vacuum any day.

Jan I hope your glasses problem gets resolved. How frustrating. I picked my new ones up yesterday. I may go back later in the week for an adjustment. They seem to be a little tight on my head. Other than that they are fine. No one has even noticed I got new ones. Not even my dh. I'm waiting to see how long it will take him. Men!!! To answer your question about my boys ages. They are 24 and 20.

Sas I hope you can wipe that bug out of your house. How frustrating for all of you. I hope everyone is well soon.

I hope everyone has a great evening
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Hi ladies,

Must be a busy day not many postings. Nothing much here. I did quite a few reports. After oldest DD went to work I hung out with youngest DD and GD. We had fun, but we ate way too much. Lots of snacks and we made pasta salad.

My youngest DD loves America's Next Top Model. It is sort of a ridiculous show but she really likes it. There was a clips show on tonight and I watched it with her. I am about ready for bed but I am waiting for my DS to get home. he cleaned the driveway for me once but it is completely snowed over again we will need to get it done again or i will never get out of the drive in the morning.

Cindy I hope your potato supper went well. My DD's love when they ahve potato bar at church here.

Sas I hope everyone is doing ok at your place!

Lisa my DH is just the same. I agree men!! 3 men in your family so you are sure surrounded by testosterone. I bet your glasses are really nice and I am glad they seem to be working well. If we lived closer I would trade you housework for yardwork. I really don't like working outside. Needless to say our yard is mostly lawn, shrubs, and trees. Not many extras that require alot of care. You would think after these nasty winters i would want to work out there, but i would rather take a walk or take GD to the park, or I always find some excuse. I can guarantee your yard looks much better!

Joan, Grateful, Karen, Murph I hope you are all having a good day. Suki I hope you are hanging in there. I am still sending you healing thoughts.
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Oh I forgot Scrapper you are right she needs a MAJOR tweak to her attitude!! Have a great evening
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Hi you guys,

Well I’m caught up on 17 pages of posts; sorry I missed all that was going on.

I was pretty amazed (and admit to a few tears) while reading your posts. I don’t deserve people as nice as you guys. I really feel like a piece of poop for not checking in on the website before, but for some reason, for the last couple of weeks, I was a little down and could not bear to open my computer.. I took a week off last week. Physically, I’m fine, going for walks, cross country skiing, agility training with Molly even some weight lifting. I’m fed up with work and the long hours, it was really bad going back after being off for 2 months. There were some changes in our work schedule while I was off after the surgery. I’ll be working 10 hours instead of 11 a day, but the day starts earlier. Now I have to get up at quarter to 4 when I work the day shift.

I can see that some of you and your families are having tough times with bugs and viruses. I hope that all of these take a hike this week.

Jan, sorry to hear about your glasses; hope they give you satisfaction when you get them back. Frankly they don’t sound too good in the after sale department. Concerning that snow…wow, that’s quite the dump! Be safe out there. I’m afraid that weather system could be heading out here afterwards. I was wondering how you were sleeping, have things improved?

Lisa, I’m jealous. Can’t wait to mow the lawn here, but that won’t be before another 3 months. Enjoy your weekend gardening.

Hyper, hi!. You’re so sweet. You never stop, you’re a real dynamo. Sorry for your loss, funerals are never nice. While I was home from the surgery, one of our colleagues became very ill and found out he had inoperable lung and bone cancer and sadly passed away this past Sunday. It went so fast and h was so young.

Suki. OMG. I feel so bad you have to go through all this…My heart is with you.

Hi there Joan, Karen, quickscrapper, Sas! Gratefulme, twobetrue. To all a great evening and night sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register