2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 168 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-06-2008, 08:42 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi all!

Whew! Just got those kids to bed. They will be tired in the morning, but our Church service ran long and then communion. DH is on the BOSE commitee (Board of School Elders) and they had a meeting after church. I'm tired, but I might wait up for him.

Jan its sounds like you had a fun girls night with your DD and GD. The potato supper was good. Lots of yummy desserts! Not one of my kids likes baked potatoes! Hope the roads are clear for you tommorrow.

Lisa I'm jealous of your weather.

Murph you must have been reading for quite some time to catch up on the posts. I'm sorry you've been feeling down. Please do not feel bad for not posting. I totally understand. Believe it or not there are times when I get down too. I was worried about you, but I'm glad that you are back. I'm sorry things are not going so well with work. Would you ever consider changing jobs? Thank you for the condolences. It's hard when someone passes, so young, not that it isn't hard at any age. I admire you for all the physical fitness things you do.

Sas I hope the kids are better and the rest of you are well.

Sleep well ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 06:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I now understand the term extreme fatigue, I went for my LAST radiation treatment yesterday and told DH at 4:30 I am going to lay down for a few minutes, I woke up at 7 am. I can not believe how this has just knocked the heck out of me.
I am going to the trauma surgeon this morning hopefully they will take the drain out of my stomach but something tells me they will leave it in because its still draining.
Sorry to hear about all the sick kids around hopefully this bug will leave once and for all and everyone can recover finally.
I think the coffee is done, I need to get a cup (decaf of course), I'll let you guys know what happens at the doctor today.

TTYL
Unread 02-07-2008, 06:38 AM

Morning everyone!

Wow it's been a hectic last few days, won't even get into the drama.

Suki-YESSSSS last treatment. You have been such a trooper through all of this, you truly deserve a break.

Murph- I am so glad you are okay. I think we all know how you feel, so don't worry. We were just very worried about you. Hang in there. It's funny, it does seem like we're all having the same moods at the same time. Glad to know it's not all in our heads!

Sas- cloroxing everything is a good move. Maybe that will give you a fresh start! There is really some bad stuff going around.

Jan-seriously, you should have called me on the glasses. However, sounds like you have it under control but 2nd time around it's on if they aren't working!

Well, I have a very stressful situation at work I have to deal with this morning, so I'd better go. I will leave with a funny story that is riddled with TMI, so if you're not interested skip it but have a great day...Superbowl Sunday, I asked DH what he wanted to do for the game. He said make a bunch of snacks and let's snack all day. So, I made taquitos, jalapeno appetizers, rice krispy treats, sandwiches and so on. We snacked all day and were very full. We watched the last of the game in the bed and we got so excited that the Giants won, we decided to have our own game time afterwards. Keep in mind, we both get up at 4am and it's after 9 at this point, so we knew it wasn't going to be a broadway show, just a commercial. Since the hyster, I've had trouble having a 'touchdown' so we're playing the game and right in the middle, DH says, 'touch yourself'. I'm like okay, so I start 'running my play' and all of a sudden I just start burning down there. He's in there too so I'm like 'what the heck???' The burning gets worse and worse and finally I had to call a timeout and say something. Then, it came to me, THE JALAPENOS!!! Must not have washed them completly off my hands...Needless to say, made for a good laugh. Glad I didn't end up with any blisters though ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 06:39 AM

CONGRATS SUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad those treatments are finished and in the past for you now. I know you still are wrestling with some issues, but having the treatments over must be a great relief. Good luck at your appt we will be waiting to hear how it goes.

Murph I am sorry about the new work schedule. My DH's work days are long like that. He gets up at 3:30, and sometimes he thinks about retirement and moving on to something new as well. I agree with Cindy, I admire you for your physical fitness activities and for doing the work you do. When you can't post please don't feel guilty, but remember we want to support you and are always thrilled to hear from you.

Cindy I am glad your night went well. How funny that your kids don't like baked potatoes! I love them, but of course as you know I love most all food!!

Well I need to get to work, keep your fingers crossed I can get out of the driveway!!!!!!

TTYL
Unread 02-07-2008, 08:45 AM

Good morning!

Just getting ready to start my day. DD and I have our Sunbeams meeting tonight. We are having a pajama party. I get to wear my jammies tonight! Yay! I love my comfy jammies. Today I have to get some things for the meeting tonight and take little ds for a haircut. Big DS has bb practice after school, so after I pick DD up I'll have to go back and pick DS up later, get some supper in everyone and off to the meeting.

Suki how great that you are done with your treatments! Even though you are still not feeling well, I know it has to be a relief to be done with them. Good luck today. Let us know how it went.

Grateful you gave me such a laugh with your TMI story! Talking about heatin' things up in the bedroom! lol Sounds like your having some stressful times at work. I hope things get better.

Jan is it still snowing? I hope you were able to get out of your driveway and the roads are clear. Be careful out there.

Sas I hope the kids are feeling better.

Joan what ya been up to? you must have had a busy day yesterday.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM

hey all... One still home today... youngest.. She is the ummm shall we say neediest...? yesterday both DD were home and I left them home for a few to take ds and run couple of errands, she was calling me continuously... fighting with sister...it was ugly... I tried to call DH to vent and he said he had to call me back.. well I sent him a text telling him it was ok I just was wanting to vent cuz.. younger DD was driving me nuts..not to worry and do not bother calling me back cuz I would not be able to talk soon... well I accidently sent text to older DD's phone and younger DD had just called me from it... I was in a panic calling older DD and telling her to delete text message..well older DD thought it was quite funny as younger DD is quite demanding when she is sick... anyway I do not know if other kids are actually well or just trying to get away from little sister!!

Hopefully it is near gone I dropped yesterday for a bit laid down with dd and slept for over 2 hours... I di nothing no laundry...ooops... no dishes...sorry... there was not one clean spoon this am... I thought it was kind of funny...

Geez grateful not as funny as yours... that is what you call a hot play.. crazy one...

Murph if you noticed when reading the posts we all have been having some blahs... seriously I think we may all be on same cycle. I am sorry you are feeling down and just remember we are here... we miss you when you do not post and worry is all ! Do not feel like poop!

Suki... YEAH!!!! no more treatments! I hope all goes well at dr. today...

Cindy you are making me dizzy with all that activity!!

Jan I hope you got out of your driveway... be safe driving around in all that!

Lisa my hair was down to my butt a few years back... I cut it up to my shoulders.. DH did not notice for the longest time..after about an hour or 2 I finally had to scream.. LOOK AT MY HAIR!! My sons will notice things sometimes. The last time I cut my hair and got the top weaved... younger DS did not say anything... a couple days later when I said something about him not noticing he said.." I saw it...what do you want me to say?"

Scrapper sometimes I want to change my name usually after the 100th MOM of the day....! We have been having cold mornings...yesterday there was ice on my windshield..

Joan must be doing something fun...

well I am off to try to put a dent in dishes and laundry...happy day all!!
Unread 02-07-2008, 01:22 PM

It's wonderful to hear from suki pup and murphmuffin.
and all that is happening,

my children have both gone back to school today after xmas holidays and they are excited with new books and seeing their friends again.
jenny is year 10 and tony year 8 this year

we are in the middle of a drought, over the whole country, although our area has had a bit of rain to help our orchard some places are so dry.
we have never had a december and jan this hot and dry that i can remember. I think it's fantastic, feb has bought the same sunny days so far but a little cooler and i think that's great too. If we just get a little rain i will be happy.

well not much else to report, i'm afraid i'm a bit boring and hope to read your more interesting posts today.
karen
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone's day is going well. I'm doing pretty well. Another hectic day at work. almost my lunch time and I think I'm going to go for a walk.

My appt with the GYN went well yesterday. He said everything looks good, did a pap, and said he doesn't need to see me until next year. He is concerned with my calcium and bones. I told him about my latest condition with my back. So he started me on fosomax (sp?) to help prevent osteoporosis.

Murph - hope you begin to feel better emotionally. I think we've all experienced that since our surgeries. sounds like work is rough right now..hang in there.

Suki - your body sure needed that rest. You've been through a lot and are still struggling. Keep us posted on your appt and congrats on your LAST treatment.

Grateful - you had me laughing with your jalapeno story....talk about spicing things up...LOL.

Hyper - you've got a busy day...I got tired just reading about your day. That is cool though that you get to wear you jammies to the meeting...comfy!!

Karen - How long was your children's holiday break? I'm sure they will come home with stories of their first day back at school.

Well ladies take care and talk to you soon.
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM

our xmas holidays were 6weeks for tony and jenny being at highschool had about a week longer.
tony went back to intermediate a day earlier than jenny.
watch those bones and not get oseoprosis, my hubby's grandmother had osteoprosis but they didn't know in her day about the goodness of milk.
his nan live to 94. she had her hips replaced twice due to osteo.
she was a toughie though.
karen
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Hi Ladies,

I got out of the driveway, the streets were horrid. They really should have called off again today, but oh well it's over now, and things are much better tonight, cleaned up quite a bit.

Grateful your store had me laughing up a storm! That is a sure fire way to bring some heat to your game time!! LOL

Cindy sure sounds like a fun evening with your jamma party, Enjoy!

Sas sorry about yesterday, geesh I would be ready to sleep for a week. Glad you are down to only one left in the infirmary.

Karen I hope you enjoyed your few hours of peace with the kids back in classes. I am jealous of your weather.

Scrapper I am glad your appt went well. I think I mentioned before my gyne had said when I no longer take estrogen he is adamant about oteop meds too, so I know they are in my future.

Well we are going out to eat Chinese food for dinner, so I need to change.

Have a great evening ladies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register