2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 174 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

Just winding down a bit. The stew was good. DH had a school board meeting tonight and he'll want to tell me about it when he gets home. So I'll probably read until he gets here.

Jan I will have to see if we have the swedish flop cake. I haven't heard of it before, but you've peaked my interest. I sometimes will order pizza on a night other than Friday, because it's fairly quick and easy. But then when Friday comes, I regret it, because I have to cook. Don't tell anyone, but I didn't clean today. DS and I started playing and then we did some puzzles. We were having such a good time I figured the house has waited this long for some attention another day won't hurt. I'm sorry you're having to testify. I'm sure that is hard. I hope it goes well. Making posters sounds fun. I can see why your DD daughter enjoys it. It's sounds like you had a really busy day. I hope you've found some time to relax tonight.

Scrapper I'm sorry you're still having back pain. I hope the new meds help. Will you be going on the DC trip with your DD? It sounds like fun.

Happy birthday Michelle. I hope all is well!

I hope you ladies are having a relaxing evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 09:59 PM

Hi

Cindy I hope you find the cake. I hope you will really enjoy it. You sure are right that the cleaning can wait. Much more fun to enjoy your precious little one. You are absolutely right I will regret the pizza on friday when I have to cook! Absolutely perfect weather for stew. I heard in the forecast that it is supposed to be in the teens tomorrow, with no snow, and some sun. Yippee!! To think I am actually looking forward to that forecast!

Well I am quite relaxed and ready for bed. It was a treat having GD fall asleep so early. My DD has made excellent progress on her poster, and I watched another movie. I am going to let out Daisy one more time and then hit the sack.

Best wishes for sweet dreams ladies.
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:18 AM

yum , what's a swedish flop cake, and looks like most of you are off to bed which is funny because i will be off soon too after a hot milo drink.
don't know if you have milo in america, it's a type of chocolate drink.

i have only done some house work today, must do the bathrooms tomorow,maybe vacume , that's on top of laundry dishes, oh i'm tired thinking about it. at least when you go to sleep you can forget all your worries.

you may laugh but i said a prayer to jesus when each of our kids were born and asked him to baptise them.
karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 08:43 AM

Good morning ladies!

The kids are dropped off to school. Little DS is still sleeping. DH was home to stay with him this morning! I have to run out and get a treat for my dd to pass out for her Valentine's party tomorrow. I'm meeting with DS's teacher after school to touch base and make sure I didn't miss any late work assignments. We'll go to Lenten service tonight. Grades 1-2 are singing, so that will be dd's class.

Jan we are having the same temps as you, but it's snowing. We're already getting some accumulation, so it ought to fun out there today.

Karen you sound like the rest of us with cleaning, laundry, dishes. I think that your prayer was really nice.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM

Good morning ladies,

Hope you are all well this morning. I overslelpt this morning by 40 minutes...when I woke up it was 5:40 and I was like YIKES!!! I showered and got ready as quicly as I could. I start work at 7 and walked into the office at 7:05....whew!!!! I hate when that happens.

Anyway work is busy this morning with different things going on. I'm scheduling meetings and the phones are ringing. I have to post some memos as well.

Tonight I'm going to a service for my sister's friend that passed away. he was 43 and had a massive stroke...he went into a coma and never came out of it. he was put on life support and his family decided to take him off.

mrswillie - good luck with your testimony on the district case. How did the poster making go? Dd loves doing that stuff too.

Hyper - yes, dh and I were chosen along with other parents to be chaperones for the DC trip. Dd is in yearbook and she was assigned to take pictures and write the article for the trip.

Well have a great day ladies...got to get back to work.
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:22 PM

Hi Ladies

I just got back from church and it freezing rain so decided to come back home. The roads are slippery also and there wasn't anything else I had to do that can't wait another day.So here I am sipping coffee and looking up "Swedish flop cake" on the internet and cannot find a recipe for it. It sure sounds like something I would like to buy tho.

Lisa lately we have also been having fog early in the morning . I t was so foggy this morning that I could not walk again. I have to walk on the road if the sidewalks are not plowed so could not chance that.

Karen what a lovely thing you do at guides. It is so good to be reminded what we are grateful for and so good to teach the kids that. They say that having a Gratitude journal will change your life. No I would not laugh at you asking Jesus to baptize your children and I believe he did just that.

Linda I plan on having a frittita this Sunday morning. It sounds so good. I have never made one but will do one and that could be something I can do when either one on my sons and their familys visit some of the GK might like i

Cindy I believe like you that however everyone worships in between them and God. I've been to bible study and someones house where most of these ladies were from the south and I was amazed how much they knew about the Bible. Can you make the treats that you bring to school? They cannot bring homemake goodies here they have to be purchased.

Oh Jan,I meant to offer my condolences for you about your brother. What a terrible thing to have happened. I remember my brother in law dying the same way in a snowmobile accident at the age of 44. That must be really hard for you getting that subpoena. It sounds like you have had to do it before. I hope it will all go well. Veggie pizza is my favorite when I buy it.

Scrapper you have to get up really early in the morning. Glad you made it to work on time. Sorry about your sisters friend and oh so young to have a stroke!

take care ladies and have a great day
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Smile - 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good afternoon ladies!

What a day, but overall good. Rude awakening this morning when at 5AM, my dog was throwing up (TG on her blanket she sleeps on and not on our bedspread!); it was like a 4-inch long fur ball, like a cat!. It’s never happened before, but she seemed fine. Later on, dragged myself to agility class (last one for the winter). Wasn’t my best, to say the least and many didn’t make it in on account of the snow we had. I was sure glad to head back home. Had some vegetable soup for lunch and a nice cinnamon bun from my freezer stash (I had made some for Super Bowl and froze the rest). Later on, my husband noticed the dog’s tail was funny. It looked like someone had just cut the end off with scissors. She’s a golden retriever and has quite a long and fluffy tail. We figured she chomped her own tail fur while she was alone at home yesterday for a few hours. So now, I have to deal with her anxiety when we leave, poor puppy. She never did anything like this before and she’s almost 2. Brave DH did all the snow shoveling, while I did some well needed housework (my husband is wonderful, but he’s no Hazel!) and laundry, now I can relax a bit.

Hyper, it’s funny you mentioned the gooey butter cake. I just discovered something called koign amman (don’t even ask me to pronounce this!). It’s a Brittany specialty and it is a very gooey butter cake, I wonder if that could be what you enjoyed at your dad’s. I’m sure you could find it at a French pastry shop in your area. That stew and crusty bread sure sounds great. BTW: playing with your family supersedes everything else in my book. Have a nice evening at your service.

Scrapper, sorry about your back, do you know what it is. You think you’ll need surgery? Chicken tostadas are another favorite. Thanks for the idea, I’ll make some this weekend. I hate waking up late too, because, I’m such a slow mover, I spin in circles before realizing what I must do and that gives me a headache! Sorry for your loss; that is so young to go, what a shocker. Take care.

Jan, I know what you mean about being subpoenaed, had that many times with work. I hope it all goes well. Boy you’re sure having a busy week so far and pizza was the right choice, don’t have to run yourself down by Monday! There’s nothing wrong with pizza twice in the week, I say.

Karen, I had never heard of Milo, but sounds delicious. Is it from malt? For us, that would be Ovaltine.

Joan, I think that freezing rain is heading my way. Icing on the cake to cover up the 8 inches of snow we got this morning.

Think I’m off to soak in the bathtub before dinner. Tonight we’ll have some salmon trout (my husband bought that, hope I like it!) and oven baked fries. Sweet potatoes for me and regular potatoes for my hubby.

Have a nice evening.
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi ladies!

I have a few minutes before we start getting ready for church so I thought I'd pop in and catch up with you all. We had leftover beef stew for supper.

Scrapper I'm very sorry to hear about your sister's friend. That is way too young. I hate to oversleep. Even though I don't have to go to work, if I oversleep the kids are late for school or are having to rush to get out the door. How neat for your dd to take the pictures and write the articles. Is she excited about that?

Joan I'm sorry you haven't been able to go on your walks. We can't make homemade treats for school. They have to be store bought. But for coffee hour at church and for our pioneers group we can have home baked goods and mostly do.

Murph the cake your describing sounds like the cake my dad used to buy. I might have to check a pastry shop. How horrible for your puppy! Golden retrievers are beautiful dogs. Sounds wonderful, soaking in the tub. You'll have to let us know if you liked the salmon trout. You sure got a big snow. They keep saying we have some considerable snow headed our way by morning. I guess I'll be surprised when I wake up in the morning.

DD has come downstairs 4 times, each time with a different dress on in the time I've been on here. I'd better go and square up what she's wearing tonight.

I hope you all have a relaxing evening.
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Hi ladies,

Long day. I had to meet with the lawyer at the end of the day. Came home and had to look over some tax stuff with DH and then we had some leftovers for dinner. My DD wants to bake some cookies, but I thought I would check in with you guys first.

Karen a swedish flop coffee cake is a buttery flaky coffe cake that is divided into 2 layers and has a creme filling. There are 2 different kinds of filling the cake is either creme or strawberry creme. The filling is a thick pastry creme, on the order of what is inside a twinkie, but much better. The strawberry one has strawberries and pastry creme. Then it has a crumb topping that is sort of a buttery streusel with alot of powdered sugar. I am not doing justice to the cake in my description. It is just so good! I have never seen milo. We have Ovaltine and Nestle Kwik.

Thanks Scrapper. She finished the posters and they turned out great. She really has a talent for it. I cut out some letters she had drawn on some fabric, but other than that she was the artist I just offered support and company! I am sorry your day started off in a rush. I have had that happen before and it just really starts the day off on the wrong foot. I am really sorry about your friend. It is always hard to lose a loved one but such an additional shock at that young age.

Thank you for your kindness Joan. I am too sorry about your brother in law. I will cross my fingers again for good walking weather for you, even though it does not seem to be helping much these days.

Murph, I am sorry about your dog. Does the vet have any advice for you? I have heard of different recommendations for this condition. Your dinner sounds yummy, much better than leftovers! It is just one of those weeks. Thanks for the support on the pizza! I hope your bath was relaxing.

Cindy sounds like another busy week for you too. We can not bring homemade treats to school here either. We have more snow in our forecast too. AARRGGHHH! THINK SPRING!!

My Ds needs the computer so I better get a move on. Have a good night ladies!!
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:22 PM

Hi ladies!

I know I've posted my share today, but my day just doesn't feel complete unless I check in before bed.

Jan when we went to church, it wasn't to cold and no snow yet. An hour later when we came out it was snowing like a blizzard and the wind just took your breath away. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. It's sounds like you and DD had fun with the poster. My DS loves to draw and I'm impressed at how good he is at it. He wants to be a graphic artist at this point. He loves doing school projects that required drawing. Your weeks has been really busy too, just 2 more days and it will be Friday!

Karen we don't have milo either. We are big with the ovaltine. It sounds like your milo is something similar.

Well I'm going to watch a show with big DS before he goes to bed. I hope everyone has a restful sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register