2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 175 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi All,

Cindy I don't think there is such a thing as too much posting!!

That is interesting about your DS. My DD has no idea yet what she is going to do after High School, but my DS, the one that is in second year in College, his major is communication design, which is a form of graphic design.

Be careful going out in that weather tomorrow!!

Good night All.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Today was very busy here and tomorrow isn't looking any different. I will be glad when Valentine's Day is over. At least with the kids having all of next week off, I will be able to catch up.

Today one of the older kids that I pick up made me smile. He is 10 and on the way back to the daycare he looked at me and asked if I ever had Botox injections in my face. I said no and why would you ask that? He said that my face didn't have any wrinkles and since I was older, he thought I had done Botox. I started laughing and said, so my face is in pretty good shape for being 48? He said that I only had a few little crows feet and that was it. Kids

Tonight at dinner I finally asked DH if there was anything that looked different about me. He looked and looked and then said, Your glasses???? Only took him 1 1/2 weeks.

I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow and I will check back in when I can.
Unread 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM

our milo is full of iron and cocoa and is an energy drink which you can have in a glass of milk or as a hot drink. It tastes different to cocoa and we have malt drinks and ovaltine but we just love milo.
If you ever come to nz you should try some milo, hokey pokey icecream,lemon & paeroa (drink) vegemite.
we have nestle QUICK, KIDS have that with milk.

swedish flop cake sounds lovely.

i hope to finish my crosstitch tonite, and tomorrow i am meeting a cousin on my dads side of the family. we met through ancesty site. and as they were visiting nz thought they would come and meet us. His grandma and mine are sisters. am pleased i got the house cleaned.
had to buy a new printer for the computer today as the other one packed up and it was cheaper to buy another.

anyway another day gone and am looking forward to tomorrow.
hope you guys have a great day tomorrow too.
we are getting much needed rain, but jenny wants to practice pitching tents. hopefully she will in the weekend.
karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick post to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:32 AM

Hi Ladies

Happy Valentine's Day

Karen, I'll skip the vegemite, I have tried that before, I work with a bunch of folks from Australia and they so graciously gave me a jar to try, I think you need to grow up on it, for sure it is an acquired taste. When I tried it my grandson was here and he said I'll try it too, the kid's face said 1,000 words, I laughed and he wanted something to wash out his mouth to get rid of the taste.

I am still not caught up on everything I need to do yet, this last hospital stay really knocked the heck out of me. I am so tired I can sleep all night and take a nap during the day too, when will this end, I am not sure what was better no sleep or this extreme fatigue, I have really had enough of this stuff.

My DH gave me a spa gift certificate for Valentine's Day so I think I will make another appointment for a massage....or maybe a facial, I can use either one of them.

Hope everyone has a great day, talk to you later.
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Hello everyone. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! Hope it's wonderful for everyone. My DH had some flowers shipped to me but haven't gotten them yet. He was kind enough to forward me a text message with the tracking information, how romantic. I shouldn't be scarcastic, I haven't gotten him anything yet. I'm thinking a card and starbucks gift card. I may run at lunch and get it. He works from 4-10 tonight, so it's just me and DS. I think I'll give myself a much-needed pedicure. I'll have to be prepared for a 'possible' game time but it's doubtful.

I've been out of it for a few days. DH has had a toothache and turned out he needed a root canal. DS has been sick with sore throat, so I've been running around a lot.

Work is out of control, so much in fact, I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow. Just need to be alone without drama or conflict. Also, need to get info together for taxes and figure out why I'm getting all of these old medical bills and such. So...

I haven't caught up on all of the posts but read all the comments about the catholic church. I don't know much about Catholicism but I'll invite you all to just be a good old southern baptist like me. We love everyone and as long as you've accepted Christ, you can take communion and you can even be divorced and still be okay. LOL. Really, it's all about your relationship with God...

Suki congrats on the weight loss and I hope the fatigue gets better. Enjoy your spa day.

I'm sure i gained 3 lbs reading about swedish flop and gooey butter cake. Sounds sooooo good. I'm up for getting a piece of each in the mail if anyone finds any .

Gotta run so I can be off tomorrow. Hugs for everyone!!!!
Unread 02-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Happy Valentine's day ladies!

Wow I can't believe it's already afternoon. Last night after church DH said I need to go pick up some oil for my oil change tomorrow. He was gone for 2 hours and I was getting worried because of the weather. Turns out he went to the mall and bought me this nice somewhat expensive purse I had mentioned I'd like to have. He gave it to me last night, because he couldn't wait for Valentine's day. It was so cute! He was like a little kid who couldn't wait to give you the gift he made at school. It was sweet. We have dinner reservations at 5:30. We normally don't go out for Valentine's day, but DH surprised me with that too. And...um...we had "game time" this morning while little ds watched a movie.

Grateful good for you taking a day off. It sounds like you need it. Sorry about DH and DS. I hope your day off tomorrow is lovely!

Suki what a nice gift from DH. I hope you enjoy your spa day. Funny story about the vegemite. I can just picture your GS's face.

Joan you must be busy..happy valentine's day.

Jan the roads were not too bad this morning. Just took it slow around the corners. My DS is pretty serious about his career goal. That's neat that your DS is taking communication design.

I'm making valentine's cookies for the kids. I better check them before they burn.
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:06 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day!!

My Dh surprised me first thing this morning with a card and a little gift, it was a talking Pape Le Pew doll, long story but we have sort of a long standing joke about Pepe, so it was a good gift. We are going out for a nice dinner alone, so I am quite excited. i think we may finally get to finish our "game." I know it has been an unusually long process for us, but it is really hard to explain that there really is not a lack of attraction but more of a life getting in the way factor.

Karen I too have had vegemite. An exchange student sent a jar to our family. My DS and DH were able to take it, but we girls really had a hard time with it. I would agree with Suki it is definitely an acquired taste.

Lisa you never know what those kiddos will say. That was a pretty nice compliment though. I guess our DH's could take a lesson from the little ones on being a bit more observant!!

Grateful it was good to hear from you. Enjoy your much needed "me" time. I hope your DS is feeling better and that your "game time" plans work out.

Suki I am glad you are scheduling another spa activity. I hope now that your treatments are over you will begin to get your energy back.

Cindy, Wow you have been having quite a wonderful day. What a sweet DH you have. Enjoy your evening and I am glad your roads are not a problem.

Have a great evening ladies!!
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Hi everyone

Yesterday, I finally called the dentist for an appointment, I’m ashamed to say haven’t been in 3 years. I’m a little phobic about the whole thing. She said, oh! I have a cancellation for 10AM tomorrow morning! Didn’t have time to think and just said OK. Everything went fine, I don’t know why I get myself all worked up. Maybe I’m finally getting wise in my “old” age, hihihi. Later in the afternoon, went for a facial. Tonite we had pizza for dinner.

Jan, have a nice Valentine dinner

Hyper, thanks for reminding me I need to get an oil change on the car. Actually, all I have to do is remind my hubby and he takes care of it. A purse is a nice gift, I love purses. Some women go nuts for shoes, me, it’s purses. I love collecting them! You too, have a nice dinner out.

Gratefulme, glad your taking a day off and hope DH feels better soon. Take care.

To all, a very nice evening!
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:21 PM

Hi ladies!

DH and I had a nice dinner together. It was nice to have some time alone and uninterrupted conversation.

Jan what a cute gift. I'm sure your standing joke made it all the more special. I hope you and DH get to finish your "game". I totally understand the concept of life getting in the way factor.

Murph I am like you. Going to the dentist is scary for me. I am very persistent with the kids checkups, but lax with mine. My DH always takes care of the oil changes too. I am a purse person too. It probably doesn't sound like a very romantic gift, but knowing my passion for purses, it was good. A facial sounds wonderful! A little reward for being brave at the dentist! lol

Lisa kids say the darndest things! I agree with Jan, that was a nice complement. I'm glad your DH finally noticed your glasses.

Since this is "love day", I've been blessed with a good DH, good kids and good friends. I consider all of you in the category of good friends! I hope you are all having a good evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register