2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 181 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Happy Friday ladies,

I'm so glad it's Friday..it has been a hectic week. We have no major plans for the weekend. Dd is supposed to go on an overnight retreat Saturday evening from her religious ed class....now it depends on how she is feeling.

The doctor said she has a flu virus. No antibiotics...just motrin for the bodyaches and chills. Lots of fluids and rest, and no school today...she can return on Monday. She just called me awhile ago..she slept in until 9 and was getting her breakfast ready.

I think I will work on some of my scrapbooking since we have a rainy weekend ahead of us. It actually started last night. My drive in this morning was about an hour because it was so wet.

Lisa - Hope you got your heater back in working order. How interesting that your nephew is experiencing the same symptoms as your son. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Mrswilie - what type of conference are you going to? Hope it is good...enjoy getting all the info.

Well ladies, back to work...got payroll due today payday next Friday. Have a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM

Hi ladies

Well I finally got together with my old friends and played cards Wed. night and had a great time. Never laughed so much. I was laughing out loud in my car on the way home. Boy we all need that one in a while. It is snowing here today and hope it will stop soon, I'VE HAD ENOUGH..

Lisa I cannot believe it that your nephew is have the same problem at the same time as you son. I have said a prayer that they will be ok and the problem is not serious. I hope you have a wonderful lunch with dh. I would love to go to an Olive Garden but I would have to drive for at least 3 hrs to get to one.

Cindy and Jan that would be great if you two could meet each other at some time. Cindy that steak dinner sounded so yummy wish I could have been there.

Scrapper I hope you dd is feeling better. I'm glad you insurance approved you Therapy and that helps you immensely.

Grateful looks like you had a fruitfull day off. I guess when you have less time to yourself you get to things quicker. Now me.. I just say there is always tomorrow..lol

Sas I understand what you are saying about your gyn and not understanding your complaints. That happened to me with mine also( a male gyn)

Karen that is great that you are playing tennis again. I have not played tennis since before I was married and it was so much fun. Running 40 min. is great also. Good for you.

Linda I hope you had a good time meeting with your friends again. I understand how you feel though when you are so tired you just want to go home and veg.

Have a great weekend ladies
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:40 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm a bit stressed out right now. It's been a crazy morning. DS's teacher gave us some assignments that needed to be completed before he could play. DS's friend and his parents were picking him up today at 1:00. So we had to scramble to get those assignments done and get them up to his teacher this morning before he was cleared to play. We got it done and he's left for the tournament. His first game isn't until 5:45 so we'll be heading out about 4:00 to watch the game. Depending on how well they do, our whole weekend will be going back and forth for the tournament.

Joan I'm so glad to hear that you got to play cards with your friends. They say laughter is the best medicine! Boy, if I could I'd have all of you over for a steak dinner. I hear you about the weather. Actually today is the first decent day we've had in a long time. I went out to warm up the van this morning and discovered it was warm enough that I didn't have to.

Lisa I like the Olive Garden. Love their salad and breadsticks! Anytime we go out to eat, we have to drive at least a half hour. We don't even have a fast food place here. I'm glad your heat is back. I despise waiting for those guys. I always get freaked out when I'm waiting and I have to go to the bathroom. Because I'm thinking I just know they're going to come while I'm in here and I won't make it to the door in time. Then have to reschedule and wait all over again. I hope your weekend is nice a quiet and relaxing.

Jan I hope the conference goes well. We'll miss hearing from you while your gone. Next time we travel I will definitely keep you in mind.

My dd and little ds want to go to the library before we leave for the tournament, so I'd better head out. I hope you all enjoy your day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM

Scrapper I'm sorry, I didn't mean to forget you. My brain is a little scrambled right now. LOL I hope your daughter feels better soon and is able to go on her overnight retreat. Scrapbooking sounds like a nice way to spend a rainy weekend. My sister and mom do scrapbooking and they are always wanting me to do it, but with little ones I never have enough free time to start a project like that. When the kids are older, I may take up that hobby. It sounds like alot of fun.
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM

Cindy wow I can't believe what your ds had to do to get to go to the tournament and glad he will be there to play. Looks like you are going to have a busy weekend. I hope your sons team wins!!
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM

Thanks Joan! I hope they win too! They are not the best team, but they all have worked hard this season and they all put in so much effort. It would be nice to see them win.
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:26 PM

Happy Friday to all. I left work at noon because I was not feeling well, felt nauseated all morning. Never actually threw up so that's good. DH was off today so he watched over me. He went to get me something to eat and came back with a big steak and cheese hoagie. I was like just shoot me if you're trying to kill me don't try death by vomiting! You don't get a nauseous person a hoagie loaded with meat, cheese and bacon! He's a sweetie and he tried! He has another interview next week, this time with Pfizer. I will be leaving on business Tuesday morning plane leaves at 6:00 am, going to Savannah, GA. Will be there until Saturday. Not sure if I will take my lap top so may not post much but can read everything from my black jack.

Cindy- that was a lot of scrambling to get to the tournament, glad it worked out. Hope you guys win. My DS season was over 2 weeks ago with their tournament. They won the last game and ended up like 2-7. Bless them they really tried hard.

I am having DS basketball team over tomorrow, so about ten 14 year old boys. Haven't been to the store, have no clue what to cook and DH will be at work. Wanted to grill burgers but have no clue how to work the propane on the grill and I don't follow instructions well. I hope I don't come down with something but I have a girlfriend on stand-by to come and cook/monitor. She doesn't have kids and has no clue! At this age though, they are pretty low maintenance, just don't want my new house destroyed!

scrapper- hope your daughter feels better. Glad your 1st therapy session went well I hear the stretching exercises really work. Surely the insurance won't give you a problem???

Lisa- will be praying for DS and DN, that is odd they are both having the same problem. Pray it's nothing serious and that the cardiologist eases your mind and your sisters as well. Let us know. Glad you got your heat back it's that how it always works? I love it when they say we'll be there between 8-5 and show up at 5:37 after you've sat there all day afraid to move!!

Suki hope your appt and massage went well and you're finding something relaxing to do.

Joan that sounds like so much fun with your friends. It should be a regular part of all of our lives to get together with girlfriends and laugh and hang out. One of my friends has a girlfrieds weekend 2x a year. I missed the last one b/c of the hyster but the next one is usually in the spring. We always have so much fun and our ages range from late twenties to 70! Although you'd never know this lady was 70, she parties as hard as anyone else! We call her dear. Also, what was the name of that fish spice you told me about, I forgot to mention to DH??? Thanks!

Jan-enjoy your conference and hope you get home in time to relax before starting the week all over again!

Karen- hope you can find a home for all of your tomatoes, I only like them if they are in salsa! LOL I hope your tour is fun.

well, we're doing tilapia with chile lime butter and potatoes with zuchinni and sauteed spinach for dinner, so better run and play sick so I don't have to help!! LOL

have a great, restful weekend!!
Unread 02-22-2008, 06:33 PM

good evening ladies,

Grateful sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you are better tomorrow. I thought that was so funny what you dh bought for you to eat and I am almost ready to throw up myself thinking how you felt. I guess men just think what they would like to eat themselves at that moment. not being sick tho. I was going to give you the place to buy Madam Pele's Heat but cannot get the site anymore. It was the Tradewinds Spice Co. I need to buy som tilapia , I love it and haven't cooked it in some time. I used to have Salmon and Tilapia every week. Your dinner sure sounded good.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:15 PM

hello all, our mystery bus tour was ok, we went to rotorua about an hours drive from home. to the gondolas and luges. everyone went up in the gondolas and most went down on the little luges(carts) down hill. i am pleased i didn't go down on a luge because all those who did got very wet as it was raining. maybe next time when it's sunny i will go on them.
we stayed at the gondolas and they had a place to have drinks and an english group did a performance involving people in the audience. it was about world war two entertainment type thing. very funny.
then it was on the bus back to kiwifruit country for tea, then we went home and i was quite tired.
not doing much today as it's still wet and blustery.

a cousin got intouch with me and i now know my great grandfather i was searching for in ancestry came back from the alask gold fields back to nz. although later he did disappear leaving my great gran searching for him for 9yrs until deciding he might have killed himself. so pleased he made it back to nz at least.
i also found his childrens stories in the 1894 otago witness paper, his kids used to write into a childrens page in the local paper of otago, so now i am copying those and reading them to my kids. my son is so fascinated that he can read a story of his great great uncles, they were my grandmas older brothers and written before she was born. I think it is amazing to have something from ancesters to look at now, over 100 years later.
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:34 PM

Quiet day on the board today. We have a big storm blowing in. High winds with gusts predicted up to 60mph and heavy rain. It is very windy right now, but so far no rain. The sky is really turning dark outside, so I suspect very soon we will be getting wet. Hoping the electricity stays on tonight.

I have been doing laundry and trying to catch up with my house work. I have a bunch of laundry on the couch that needs to be folded and put away.

Lulu your bus trip sounds like fun.

Grateful I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope today you are feeling better. I hope your able to enjoy your ds team party today.

Cindy good luck to your ds on his tournament. I hope they make it far.

Joan it sounds like you have fun at your Wednesday night card game.

Scrapper I hope your dd was able to attend her retreat today. I hope she is feeling a lot better. We have so many people in our area out sick right now. Makes you not want to go out in public.

Jan I hope you make it back in time today and give us an update.

I must get off of here and finish my chores. I don't want to, but it must be done...
Check back later

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register