2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 186 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday to you all. I'm sure glad it's Friday...I"m tired and looking forward to the weekend. Don't have lots planned. Dd wants to go to the movies...she's been wanting to see Juno so we'll probably go tomorrow. On Sunday they (children's choir) will be singing at church. Then we are off to her dance class. That is about it for the weekend besides house cleaning, etc. I do have to go to Target too.

I'm leaving work an hour early today...have my mammogram appt at 3:30.

Joan - Yeah for a good shopping trip and good bargains. I still have gift cards from the holidays that I need to use. Keep warm!!

Murph - not sure how successful the injections would be for my case. I know the surgery would fix the problem. We will see what happens after my MRI results are in...I'm still waiting for approval on it. I'm not thrilled about having surgery again, but I'm all for it to get relief from my pain and have the problems fixed. Being alone at work is nice...all the work ends up on my desk but I don't mind...it keeps me busy and makes my day go by quickly.

Hyper - hope the Naproxen helps your ds...it is an anti-infammatory med. Enjoy your family time.

Mrswillie - enjoy your time with dh tonight and especially sleeping in tomorrow!!

Lisa - hope ds gets over the flu fairly quickly. Hope his appts and test go well. Keep us posted.

Suki - that is great that your boss is so supportive. Did the shots work for you? In the long run, I think it is the surgery that will fix my back problems. Sounds like you are having fun playing with your Wii game...I hear it's lots of fun.

Well ladies...enjoy your weekends!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 01:31 PM

Good morning Ladies,

Cindy Glad that your dh got home ok despite the weather. Bet it feels great having him home too. Sorry about your son having Bursitis. I know they can give shots for that also and it goes away. Hope your son will be pain free with the Naproxen and.. thak care of that cold.

Scrapper does exercising hekp your back, I think walking would. Great that you are doing so much and working too.

Lucille, you have been amazing through all your difficulties. I agree with Cindy that the wii could be good therapy and hey, beating you husband at that.. lol I have to see if my gk's have that when I go there for Easter.

Lisa I hope that you won't have any problems with going to the dr. you preferre for your son. Hoping he will be well soon with no major problem with his heart. My prayers for him also.

Jan I hope you have a wonderful relaxing time at your dinner dance. You don't usually get to much tome to yourself so I hope you can enjoy the evening..I bet if you got up to dance the others would follow...

Enjoy this weekend ladies.
Unread 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM

Joan - I aksed the orthopedic doctor about my exercising and he said to continue with it because it would help in keeping me from getting stiff. I'm carfeul when working out at the gym doing the classes...I keep it at my level...if certain moves hurt I don' t do them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Hey everyone!

I just ordered a pizza (for the 2nd time this week ). Little ds and I had fun running around today. We will probably go out and about tomorrow and have supper out. On Sunday grades 5-8 are hosting coffee hour, so I will have to be there early with big ds. Then the whole school is singing in the 10:30 service, so dh will bring little ds and dd up for church. Then Sunday afternoon coach is having a parents vs kids bb game. DS can't play, but he still wants to go and watch. They are having food after and he wants to be there for that. It will be fun watching the parents and kids. So it will be a pretty busy weekend. I do plan on sleeping in tomorrow.

Joan the doc said he couldn't give ds a cortosone shot because of his age. I am glad dh is home, but he'll be leaving again on Tuesday.

Scrapper it sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. I hope you get some relaxing time and enjoy your time.

Have a nice evening!
Unread 02-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi there,

Cindy you always have such a busy schedule but a good one. Thats so great that the parents and the kids are always involved with something makes for wonderful bonding and memories. Enjoy your lovely weekend.

Scrapper sounds like your weekend will be a busy and nice one also with the family. I get what you are saying about moving from getting stiff and also I find that just by walking it helps me to breath better when climbing lots of stairs.

enjoy the rest of the day
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:46 AM

Hi Ladies,

The dinner and band was really nice. I was right no one danced, but the live band was very good. The food was awesome, so much I could not finish. There were hors doevres, cream of brocolli soup, salad, prime rib, grilled salmon, new potates, green beans, rolls, and ice cream for desert! I ate only half of my meal but was stuffed to the gills. I was sooo tired when we got home but I did sleep in this morning and feel better. I have lots of chores but have not been rushing to get to them.

On Thursday my youngest DD used our debit card to go to WalMart and said she put it on the table when she got home. Yesterday I discovered I could not find it. WE have looked everywher and can not find it. I called the bank and they said there has been no activity on it and they suspended for me so no one can use it. Now Monday I will have to go into the bank to order a new one and they said that will take a couple of weeks to get a new one. What a hassle! My DH thinks the baby probably got it and put it somewhere safe! We have found other things she took in the funniest of places.

Lisa sorry about the hassles with the doctors. I hope things went well with your DN and I am still praying for your DS. I hope it all gets figured out soon.

Suki you have been through so much. Just take things one day at a time. Even if you are never just as you were before surgery I bet in time you will feel just as well, just with more wisdom, experience, and the positive outlook of a survivor. You are a fabulous lady and we are all here for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy sounds like you have a busy but quite enjoyable weekend planned. I hope you are feeling better. Be careful not to wear yourself out.

Scrapper Juno sounds like a good movie. I would like to see that one myself. I hope you get your chores finished up early so you can relax most of the time!

Joan it is supposed to be warm here this weekend. I imagine it will be mess as things start to melt, but it would be nice walking weather. Which of course makes me think of you. I hope you are having a nice weekend and are able to walk in your town.

Have a great day ladies!!
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Smile - 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi everybody,

Jan, glad to hear you had a nice evening out and I agree that meal sounds delicious. Oh my, the bank card issue, must have given the cold sweats for a few minutes. What a hassle to get it back thought, I would be lost without my debit card.

Lisa, been there, done that with loosing my post. So now, I always write it in WORD, then paste into the website, I won’t go through that again! Now concerning your son, I agree, why does it have to be so complicated when it could be so simple! Hope it all ends up OK.

Suki, very good to hear things are going well at work. I’m sure your boss appreciates your work and in return they treat you well. You Wii story cracked me up!

Hyper, glad to hear your DH got home OK. Minnesota weather came here after I think. This morning I went to work in a blizzard and already at lunch time, it was very mild and melting! Another full weekend for you and the family – Have fun you guys!

Well, I think you all deserve a restful weekend and wish the best to you all. Be well, rest some and take at least a short moment all to yourselves.

Have a nice weekend!
Unread 03-01-2008, 11:02 PM

Good evening ladies
We went dirt bike riding today and I am beat. We went with another couple and their 13 year old son. We had a very fun day. I can tell that tomorrow I will be sore, but it was worth it. We left at 6:30 this morning and got home at 9:00 tonight. Very long day. I have a lot I need to get done around the house tomorrow. First on the agenda though, is sleeping in.

Scrapper I hope everything went well with your mammogram. I hope you get some relief for your back pain soon. My dh has had 2 back surgeries and his last MRI a month ago shows more damage and the Dr. is talking about a 3rd surgery. He is going to put it off as long as possible.

Suki it sounds like you are really enjoying your WII. I have never played on one, but they do sound like a lot of fun.

Cindy I hope that your son gets some relief with his medication.

Jan your dinner party sounds like you had delicious food. I hope you find your ATM card.

I'm going to go and check the dryer and hopefully the clothes will be done and then I am off to bed. I had one load that had to be done tonight otherwise I would have already been in bed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:45 AM

hi to you all I have missed you all and couldn't wait to check in.
On the way home from the cat scan Dr calls me and tells me there is a clot in my hip and I am to go to the hospitalthere is a bed waiting. WOW it was a few scary hours... when I got there I actually had to walk to my room I was kind of wigging. Well they put me on blood thinners to prevent more and inserted a filter to block the clot from going up. So now I have to worry about bleeding. I have to give myself shots of one med into my belly twice a day until they say stop and an oral for 3 -9 months. When I asked the dr in hospital what my restrictions were he said, 'You can't fall down...you can't hit your head... no car accidents..." Everytime I talked to this doctor he said if you cut your self YOU will BLeed to death at least 4 times... the cat scan also picked up stones coming out of my bladder and air in the bladder so I am having pain cuz I guess the stones are trying to pass.. doc put me on antibiotic to prevent infection and pain meds and said bye bye do not cut yourself.
DH and kids have been caring for cat while i was in hospital and wil have to continue his care i can't take chance of getting scratched..

So now I am home and I am scared of everything!

Suki I am jealous of your wii I want one! sounds like very fun times and well deserve alot of fun!

Cindy sorry about DS leg. He is young will heal in no time. Naproxen is what is in aleve like Jan said. It is good I take it for pain sometimes doc has prescribed it for me a few times. Well there is a little break in your schedule!

Lisa I am sorry for all the hassles hope you get answers soon.

Scapper Iam glad you can keep with exercise as that will help you mentally too.

Jan maybe debit card is in cd player.. I remember my oldest always stuck things in the VCR.

Everybody else thanks for prayers I will pop on again soon.
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:16 PM

Sas,
Wow that is scary, you better take care of yourself and watch everything you do. Lots of people are on blodd thinners though I think as time passes it will be easier to deal with.

Take care and make sure everyone else does all the dangerous work around the house.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register