2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 189 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good Morning...

Lisa Prayers and prayers for you and your Andrew. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. I hope you get all your answers quickly and all good news.

Oh Cindy I am sorr you had to open your infirmary back up! I am glad dh was there for the worst of it. hope your week goes quickly... Do not get too rundown or you will be joining the kids!

Scrapper fun times with DD! I can't imagine my girls in high school.. it was hard enough when my oldest dd started JH!.. How is your back?

Jan that is a good idea the school has to have the kids go to summer school... Nice you DH will goto chick flicks!

Joan what fun! I always know when you are not posting you are having some kind of fun!

Suki I hope you are not overdoing with your Wii!! How are you doing? Know that sometimes when I feel a little wimpy I think of you and it gives me strength. You have been through so much and have always had such a wonderful attitude.. Thank you for sharing..

Karen and Murph Hope all is well... I always feel like I am forgetting someone... take care all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Good morning ladies!

It snowed all night and the roads weren't plowed yet, so the drive to take ds to school was not pretty. It should be plowed and much better by the time I pick him up. Little ds and dd are still sick. I think it's going to take a while for ds' cough to clear up because he's still trying to hold it back. This bug has hit my poor dd pretty bad. When I went to get her school work yesterday her teacher said there are alot of kids out sick this week. Some of the kids have been out since last week. I think I'm going to rent a movie for me and the kids when I pick up ds from school. I don't know if I'll ever get to the grocery store. At this point I'm probably going to order from Simon Delivers, but they won't make the delivery until Friday. I have a few leftovers from last night for me and big ds to eat for supper. The little ones aren't feeling like eating much right now, so I have soup for them. Since the little ones are couch bound, I think I'll try to straighten up the house this morning.

Lisa I have your ds in my prayers. I hope you will get some answers soon and that everything goes well.

Sas I see that you're on. I hope you are doing o.k.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:44 AM

Sas we posted at the same time. Last week dh was in L.A. He called me and said "you here that" I'm like what? It's the ocean, he said. He was walking on the beach. He said it was about 60-65 degrees and it felt so nice. I had to smile. I was thinking about all of my California sisters. I was picturing Lisa probably in her thermals! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Good morning ladies,

Things are a bit hectic here at work this morning. I'm trying to finish up my supply order so I can submit it and then my boss has to approve it online. Have some other miscellaneous things to tackle so that will take care of my work day.

Dd said that the high school counselors are returning today to review and collect their class schedules. So she will have math, English, science, PE, and 2 electives...she chose Spanish & intro to dance.

Mrswillie - hope you got to get to bed early last night. Dd will be taking Algebra 1 for summer school. It will be a good way for her to ease in to high school. She's doing much better in math with the extra help that she is getting. She went from having a D to a B. Parent conferences are next week so we will see how she is doig.

Hyper - Yes, dd and I are close. I try to do my best to find things to do with her. She's very easy-going. Hope each day the kids feel a little better. Take care.

Lisa - hope you get some answers from the cardiologist on Friday. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you & ds.

Sas - I know the JH years went by quickly. I remember her first day of 6th grade and now we are like 2-1/2 months away from graduation ceremony. My back isn't doing well. I notice that by the evening it is really hurting to the point where I need to get off my feet. So after dinner I try to hurry and get my breakfast & lunch packed and anything else I have to do so that I can sit or lay in bed and relax. I had a rough night last night. I'm going to make phone calls today to check on the status of my authorizations for PT & MRI.

I was looking at the calendar and our Washington, D.C./New York trip is coming up in 2 weeks. We leave on the 21st. I'm looking forward to that. I'll have to make a list of things we will need to buy...like travel size stuff, etc.

Time to get back to work...have a great day.
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi Ladies,
I did not get to bed early, but my day still went well. DH just went to pick up little GD. She is going to her Dad's tonight so DH and I are going to go out for dinner. No other plans so far for the evening.

Lisa I am thinking of you and your son. You will be in my prayers. I do hope you get some answers on Friday. Has anything further happened with your nephew?

Sas DH is not a big fan of chick flicks but when he is in the right mood I can get him to go. It usually ends up being worth his while.

Cindy I am soory about DD and DS still being sick. I think a movie and leftovers sounds like a great plan. We don't have Simon delivers. In fact I am not exactly sure what it is, but sounds like grocery delivery. I would have liked to have that when I was recovering from the hyst. Yuck for that snow. We did not get any it all went east or south of us. I hope it is the last one of the season for you. These longer days are really starting to feel like spring is coming, so I will keep thinking spring!!

Scrapper your daughter's schedule sounds good. How proud you must be of her to make such good decisions. I think taking that summer class will make a world of difference for her. I hope the phone calls you made resulted in authorizations so you could get started on the program for your back. I am sorry to hear about your rough evenings and I am hoping the therapy and injections help. You must be getting really excited about your trip. I hope there is some down time in the evening for you to rest. I am sure you have it all figured out. We will be thinking of you. I have never been there and think it would be really interesting.

Well GD should be home soon. I have to hug her up befor her dad gets here. Enjoy your evening.
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:24 PM

Cindy you made me laugh I still am wearing my thermals everyday. It has been close to 70, but it's still cool when I get dressed in the mornings. This morning the other driver and I were walking over to pick up our vans and she was in capris and short sleeves and I was in my thermals under my jeans and my down coat. She was laughing at me.

Jan I hope you have a nice dinner out tonight.

Scrapper I hope you get some relief soon for your back.

Tonight I made pork chops, rice, corn and applesauce for dinner. Andrew is working until 10 tonight, so he'll eat when he gets home.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts for Andrew. I woke up with a terrible headache this morning and I know it's from stress. I am going to take some vicodin tonight and hopefully wake up feeling better tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening and I'll check back in tomorrow.
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:16 PM

today i played in a fun tennis tournament, this is the first one since before my hysterectomy. i won all my doubles games and a raffle. It's also the first raffle i've ever won in my life. The raffle i won was an easter egg and some belgium chocolates.
I am now thinking of playing in the singles tournament at end of march.

all the best for andrew, lisa. I pray he is ok.
quickscraper that sounds lovely you and dd went for manicures and pedicures, my dd would love that but i'm afraid i would not relax enough for them to do that for me, but dd and i do do that at home.
my dd had her subjects picked for yr 10 end of last yr and she picked jap and spanish, and as they count as one choice she could only pick one more which i think is art. i wish she could have picked music again for keyboard but she's happy.

we had chops for tea too as a lamb casserole.
hi to sas,murph,mrs willie and everyone else.
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:38 AM

Good morning all!

I woke dd up and she is still feeling bad. She loves school and hates to miss a day, so I know she must really feel bad to have missed almost a week. Even though we all had flu shots, I think she does have some sort of flu bug. Little ds loves her being home even though she's sick. They are close. I'm getting a little bit of cabin fever. Other than taking ds back and forth to school I haven't been out of the house. This weekend ds and dh are going slot car racing on Sat. and to the auto show on Sun. Hopefully the little ones will be better and we can do something. We are supposed to have decent weather this weekend. Today....not decent. Very cold again.

Jan I hope you had a good dinner out with dh. Simon Delivers is a grocery delivery service. I did use it every week after the hyst. I still use it occasionally. They don't have as big of a selection as a regular grocery store and they are high priced on their meat and some other things. But it comes in handy, especially for times like this week, when I can get out to shop.

Scrapper your daughter seems to have a good head on her shoulders. That is great that she could bring her math grade up that much. My ds struggles with math. I'm sorry that you are you are having problems with your back. Your trip sounds fun. It's nice that you and dh are both going.

Lisa I hope you feel better this morning. I can imagine the stress and worry you must be going through. Too funny wearing your parka and thermals! If I lived in California, I would probably be the same. I do not tolerate cold very easily. Right now 60 sounds warm to me, because of the extremely cold winters we have. But if I lived in a different climate I would probably thing 60 was freezing.

Karen sounds like your tennis tourney was fun. And belgium chocolates to boot!

I hope everyone has a nice day.
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:22 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's been a bit crazy here at work this morning. Problems with the microwave in one of our kitchens...it started smoking & smelling...we thought it would trigger the smoke alarms and we would have to evacuate. Luckily that didn't happen. I had to call housekeeping to bring a fan up to air the smell out. Then my boss is stressed...we are dealing with budget cuts. So she has been in meeting after meeting. so she was off to a meeting and she tells me as she is walking away...schedule a meeting with these people today at 3:30. Well at least the day is passing quickly.

So here is what happened with my phone calls yesterday. Authorizations got approved for PT and the MRI. Only 3 sessions were approved for PT so my first appt is tomorrow morning. My MRI is scheduled for the 17th and I see the orthopedic surgeon on the 31st. So by the end of the month I should know what the plan of action is.

Mrswillie - yes, I"m proud of my dd and her decisions. She's very mature for her age. I'm getting pretty excited about the trip. For sure I'll need to take a comfy pair of walking shoes. There are slots of "free time" in the itinerary so that will be my rest time. Lots of interesting places we will be going to.

Lisa - hang in there. I know it is tough but soon you will know what is going on. You are right about the weather...even though it is in the 60s or low 70s it sure is cold in the mornings and evenings. I have the heater on in the morning driving to work.

Karen - congrats on winning your tennis tournament and the raffle!!! Great that you are having fun doing it. glad your dd is happy with her subjects.

Hyper - boy the bug sure has kept your dd down. Hope that she is feeling much better real soon. Yes, dd does have a good head on her shoulders..I've been very lucky. She has extra help in math that the school is providing the kids. She also has outside tutoring on Saturdays. So I think she is beginning to understand and feel more comfortable with math.

Well ladies have a wonderful day.
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Hello ladies,

We enjoyed our evening last night. Tonight we had taco casserole and are now ready to relax. My DH just went out to get some gas and youngest DD is playing with GD. I am glad tomorrow is Friday. I think our cold weather is supposed to ease up over the weekend. I need to start a baby blanket for a teacher whose baby is due on tax day. Besides chores that is my only plan right now.

Lisa you cracked me up with your thermal story!! I hope your head is feeling better and I will be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts tomorrow.

Karen Congrats on the tourney and raffle. Belgian chocolates sound lovely. My DD signed up for keyboarding next year for one of her electives. She loves all that musical stuff.

Cindy I feel so bad for you and your kiddos. I sure hope they are better and you can get out even briefly over the weekend.

Scrapper that is good news that you will have a plan of action in just a short while. I think the comfy walkers are truly a must. Do you have a pair or are you getting some new ones? If you are buying new I would get them ASAP so you could break them in a bit and make sure they are super comfy before you go. You made me want a pedicure. I might have to get an appt for one! I have been meaning to ask you when you go to they gym do you do weights or cardio?

That reminds me of a couple of things I forgot to tell you guys. I found out that my treadmilling after work is what is causing those hot flash/night sweats to come back. MY DH and I tracked it and it seems only to happen when I exercise after work. My GP confirmed that an increase in activity level can cause you to use more estrogen. Also a weight fluctuation ( that has not happened!) can do the same. Plus there is more to my glasses saga. When I went back to pick up the glasses I still did not like them. They still don't feel right. My current glasses when I put them on things look clear and there is no discomfort. When I put these glasses on they feel like they are pulling my eyes and make my eyes feel like they want to water. I just was not happy so I said scrap this I am tired of it. I made an appt with a totally different doctor for the 17th. I am going to tell him the whole saga and let him know I am comfortable in this prescription. Then I am going to see what he thinks after he tests me. If we stray too far from this prescription I am just not going to buy any glasses and stick with these old ones!!

Well I hope you ladies have a great evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register