2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 190 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi ladies!

Good news! My dd is finally feeling better. We only have a half day of school tomorrow, so she wants to go. I think it might be good for her to get out of the house. Her teacher will call me if she starts feeling bad before noon and I would run up to get her. Little ds is also feeling better. He still has the cough, but it is sounding bettter. Oh happy day!! I'm going to make a grocery delivery order after I done posting. Ever since last Sunday it has been a long draining week. I just don't feel like spending the weekend getting groceries. If the kids are feeling well enough I want to do something fun with the weekend. We actually had Mcdonalds for supper. We do have a Mcdonalds 7 miles from our town. Since the little ones were feeling better, big ds sat with them while I ran to the drive thru. I think it will be an early one for me.

Jan I'm glad you and dh had a nice evening out. What a fiasco with your glasses. I think you made a wise decision to see another optometrist. I hope you have better luck! I'm glad you found out the cause of your hot flashes. Although, that probably is disappointing for you, because I'm sure you don't have time to treadmill in the morning. We are supposed to have warmer weather this weekend as well.

Scrapper I hope you get your plan of action by the end of the month. I hope it works out positively. I will keep you in my prayers. Good idea to get some good walking shoes.

Sleep well everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Cindy that is great news about your kids!! I don't blame you at all for wanting to do something fun this weekend. I hope it all works out.

The eye doctor I had been going to is an opthamologist, an actual MD. He has done surgery on me, and other family members. He has a great reputation, but I just did not like this last go round. The new guy is an optometrist, which should be fine just for glasses I am thinking, an md is probably only necessary for surgery or eye diseases things like that. I sure hope it goes better this time!!

I am going to hit the sack. Good night ladies.
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:08 PM

Jan I'm sorry that your glasses still aren't working out for you. Many years ago, I worked for an ophthalmologist. I use an optometrist for my eye exams. They seem to take more time with you. I hope you find a resolution with your glasses. I'm glad you had a nice evening out with your dh.

Cindy I'm so glad that your household is on the mend. I hope you dd makes it to school tomorrow and has a great day.

Karen congratulations on your tennis games. Sounds like a lot of fun and great exercise, too.

Tomorrow I am only working in the morning. I have 1 store to finish up for the week. It should only take me about an hour. I will run by that store after I finish my morning routes. Then I am free until Monday

Andrew and I will take off tomorrow a little before l:00 for Fresno. That should give us plenty of time. Luckily I know where we are going. My gyn is just down the street from the Dr. he will be seeing. DH is off tomorrow and Saturday. When we get back into town tomorrow, I plan on going and picking up a bunch of flowers to start planting in my flower beds this weekend. I hope that there will be a good selection.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I am off to feed the dogs for the night and give my diabetic dog her insulin injection. Sleep well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 07:42 AM

Good morning everyone!

I made my grocery order last night and they will be delivered this evening. They charge 7.00 for delivery, but it's worth it. I have to drive 38 miles round trip when I shop so the delivery charge is not so bad. DD didn't go to school this morning. She still wasn't feeling great this morning. She is much better, but this bug took alot out of her. One more day of rest and she should be getting back to normal. I'll pick ds up from school at noon, since there is only a half day. I wish everyone was well, I'd love to just take off at noon and do something. I'm sure we'll be able to have some time outdoors this weekend.

Lisa a big good luck at andrew's appt. today. I've been praying for good results. I hope you find a good selection of flowers and can start planting them this weekend. That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

Jan I bet you'll have good luck at the new optometrist. Who would think you'd have so much trouble to get a pair of glasses! It's Friday, Yay!

Murph I'm thinking you're either enjoying some days off or are getting really close to it. Hope everything is good!

Joan you must off having fun! I can't wait to hear what you've been up to.

Suki hope you are feeling well. Are you hooked on that Wii and have forgotten about us?

Sas hope everything is good with you.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.
Unread 03-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

I'm sure glad it's Friday...I'm tired. I went to my PT appt this morning. Did lots of stretching exercises and some leg work too. My legs really felt tired. They then did an electrode treatment with a heating pad...ahhh...that felt good. The last thing was a massage and that hurt. I'm feeling the affects if it already. I go back next week.

Work has been a little hectic. I'll be out of here at 3:30 so not too bad. Dd is going to a friend's house for a bday get together. So she will call me when she is ready to be picked up. I'm going to do the marketing on my way home and then relax until she calls me.

Tomorrow I"m taking her and another friend to the moives. Before that though we're going to the mall. I have to look for a dress for an upcoming wedding...my girlfriend (we've known each other since junior high) her eldest daughter is getting married.

Mrswillie - I have a pair of comfy walkers. I need to get them out to make sure they are in good shape. I'm taking those and a black loafer I have. I mainly do cardio (aerobics classes) or I'll hop on the treadmill & elliptical. About 2 times a week I'll do the weights/machines. You should schedule an appt for a pedicure - so worth it. We deserve some pampering. that is too bad about your glasses. Good luck at the new office.

Hyper - Yeah!! Glad to hear dd and ds are feeling better. Hope you are able to get out and do something fun. It's been quite a week for you. I would pay the delivery charge for the groceries too especially since you have quite a distance to drive. Thank you for the prayers....appreciate them.

Lisa - thinking of you all today. Hope all goes well and that you get some answers. Have fun working in the yard.

Have a great weekend ladies. Take care and get some rest.
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:15 PM

Hi Ladies,
TGIF!! I can not wait to sleep in in the morning. My DH worked tonight so I just had pizza with kids who have been in and out. Not much on the tv or much going on here. I straightened up a little so i could run some errands in the morning. Then i will just have that awful laundry left.

Lisa I have been thinking of you all day. I hope you got some answers. I hope you got your flowers.

Cindy I hope things went well for your kids at school today. I would pay that $7 if I lived 38 miles from the store! I don't blame you one bit. I hope you and the kids get out for some fun tomorrow!

Scrapper I hope the walkers work out. Sounds like the PT was for the most part good. I hope it starts to help. I am going to check inot a pedicure appt tomorrow when I am out and about doing my errands. Good luck with your dress shopping!

Have a great evening ladies. TTYT.
Unread 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM

Hi ladies!

My groceries were delivered and we are set for food for awhile. We just had sandwiches tonight. No one felt like having pizza. I didn't really either. I was not feeling 100% tonight. I hope I am not coming down with anything. DH will be coming home tonight, but I think I will go to bed and hopefully get a good night's sleep. I already talked with him on the phone and he knows I wasn't feeling great so he will be o.k. with me going to bed. We'll catch up this weekend.

Jan sounds like you had a pretty quiet evening. I'm glad you got your cleaning out of the way. shopping is 19 miles each way so 38 round trip. But that's still a hike. Have fun running your errands. I hope you do get that pedicure appt. You deserve some pampering.

Scrapper it sounds like you have another nice weekend planned. What movie are you going to see? With everything you had done at your pt appt., I'm glad the heating pad was enjoyable. I hope you find a dress you like.

I hope you are all having a good evening.
Unread 03-07-2008, 09:45 PM

I'm with Jan on the sleeping in tomorrow. I cannot wait to not have to wake up to the alarm going off.

Andrews appointment went very well today. We now have some answers. The Dr. thinks he has premature ventricular contractions (PVC's). I am so upset with the Drs. here. The results of the tests they did here were pretty useless. He was sent home with a 24 hour holter monitor on and they have scheduled him for an echo stress test. The Dr. explained everything in great detail to us and was very patient and answered all of our questions. I wish we wouldn't have wasted our time or money seeing the Drs. here. Everyone complains of our poor health care and it is so frustrating that we have to drive 1 hour to get decent health care.

Cindy I'm glad you are all stocked up on food for now. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and am not looking forward to it.

Jan I hope you enjoy sleeping in tomorrow as much as I know I will

Scrapper I'm glad you got started with your PT. I hope you start getting some relief soon.

Tomorrow I plan on working in the yard getting my flowers planted. I cannot wait to be out digging in my flower beds.

I wish everyone a restful sleep tonight.
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM

morning...
Lisa I am so glad you have some answers and hope all will be resolved soon. What about your nephew any news on him? Could it be somrthing they both inherited ..congenital? sp? Enjoy planting I envy you it is a perfect day for that!

Cindy of course you are going to feel a bit run down you have had quite a week of caretaking. I hope you do not come down with anything... Take care of yourself. I too would pay the $7 to have groceries delivered!

Jan I hope the glasses thing is soon resolved! Have a nice relaxing week end... it is 10 here and my oldest DD is sleeping in... she loves her SAT sleep ins!

Scrapper sometimes with the therapies it is more painful at first. I hope they help and give you relief soon!! Have fun shopping and at the movies.

Everyone else I hope all is well and you are all having a great week end.
Unread 03-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Hi all!

I'm feeling better today after a good nights sleep. DH and big ds went to play slot cars. DD and little ds and I went to the library, the dollar store and the thrift store. Even though it's cold, it was good for all of us to get out and have some fun. When ds and dh get home we're are going out for dinner.

Sas we're lucky to see ds before 11:00 on Saturdays. He loves to sleep in too.

Lisa I'm so glad you got some answers at the appt. yesterday. It is frustrating when you can't good healthcare where you live. We have a clinic in town. I will only go there for colds and very minor things. I hope your having fun planting your flowers.

I wishing you all a happy Saturday!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register