2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 194 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-14-2008, 10:12 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday!!!

It is a very gray day here...we are supposed to be getting rain over the weekend. Sure looks like it too.

Last night relaxed and watched TV. I had my leg elevated and was icing it. I need to get the swelling down so I'll be icing it everyday and at every chance I get to sit and relax. I have to be ready for the trip.

Tomorrow we are going out to dinner for my sister in law's bday. We are going to a bbq place...I'm thinking ribs...yummy!! After dinner we are going back to their place. they just bought a home in January and I still haven't seen it. I also need to go to Target and get some things we need for the trip. I also want to start getting things packed.

Mrswillie - glad you got your new debit card. I like to get a ahead start on Friday evenings in cleaning up a bit. This way I have a little less to have to do over the weekend.

Hyper - that is so cool that both dd and ds made it to the spelling bee. Congrats to them both. You do have lots going on today...enjoy all the activities.

Work is a little on the quiet side so far. Most of our schools will be off on spring break next week so they are busy wrapping things up today. Now the school district where dd goes to school (close to home) is off the week after Easter.

Well have a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM

Hi Ladies

I have not read the entire thread since last time I posted so I know I missed a lot of stuff....Here is my story...

I know I was missing in action, last week I ended up back in the hospital with fluid build up in my abdomen again. They drained it and I can feel it is back already. I saw the GI doctor this morning he wants to do a colonoscopy so that is scheduled for April 3. I see the gyn/oncologist on Tuesday to see what he has to say. the radiology oncologist says it is either a GI or gyn issue, he said the radiation site is clean and there is no sign of cancer anywhere so that is good news now all we need to figure out is what is causing the fluid build up. While I was in the hospital the rash on my face got really bad and the doctors were more worried about that then my abdomen, I have a dermoltologist appointment on Monday.

When will it all end...stay tuned I will keep you posted. Oh yeah and the insomnia is back...

Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Suki - So sorry you have been having a tough time. That is great news though that there aren't any signs of cancer. Good luck with your upcoming appts and that the cause of this will be found and dealt with.

Hang in there...sending you my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 08:31 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a busy end to my work week. DH came home from work and he has the crud! He is not feeling well at all and wants to go the dr monday. I hope we all don't get it! We stayed in and ordered a pizza last night.Youngest DD is in the play this weekend. Performances are Fri and Sat night. I have tickets for this evening. It is gray and cold here again. Too bad we could not have some of that nice weather on the weekend. I got up with GD this morning. Let DH and DD sleep in. After I post I have to run out and do the shopping, pick up my Estrogen refill and go to the video store. After that I am going to cook whatever poor DH feels like eating before the play. laundry will have to be saved for tomorrow.

Cindy I hope you kids did well in the spelling bee and the science fair. Same for DD's dancing. I wonder if it is cold again up by you?

Scrapper sounds like you have a fun evening planned. BBQ sounds good. Scrapper what do you do that works with schools? I don't think I realized that you worked with districts. Our spring break here is the week after Easter too. This is the first time in 4 years all the schools in the county have had the same break. We think it is the first time in 8 years I have had the same spring break as my DD. I am looking forward to that. Have fun today, but take it easy on that leg. Don't want any problems for the big trip!!

Suki I am so sorry about these fluid troubles. Cancer free is great news!! I hope they find the cause and nip it in the bud. Are you allowed to drink soy? Alot of sisters swear that this helps with insomnia. Hang in there. We will try to keep the posts going so you can catch up on reading them in the middle of the night if it helps.

Have a great day ladies!!
Unread 03-15-2008, 11:59 AM

Hi ladies!

The spelling bee was fun to watch. DD and DS didn't win, but I was proud of them both to have made it in the spelling bee. The science fair was nice. It was amazing to see all of the good work from all of the students. DS won't receive his grade until Monday. DD's dance performance went well and they did a great job as usual. It's been a lazy day do far. DH and DS are watching a race. The little ones are doing projects with stickers and stencils. We are going out later to do a few things and have dinner out.

Jan I'm sorry to hear DH has the bug. I will keep my fingers crossed that noone else in your house will catch it. We are going to have high 30's for temps this weekend. Not real warm but it is bright and sunny which always makes it feel warmer. Have fun at the play tonight. I hope your DH feels better soon.

Scrapper BBQ sounds great. We have a nice BBQ restaurant here, I think I'm going to suggest it for dinner out tonight. Our spring break in March 21-31. Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. Take care of your leg.

Suki I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with fluid again. It is great news to hear cancer free! I'm sure that's a relief at least. I hope they will find what is causing your problem and can cure it soon. Take care. My prayers are with you.

I hope you all have a great Saturday!
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:52 PM

We had a busy day here. This afternoon we went to our Godson's birthday party. It was at a pizza parlor, so I didn't have to worry about fixing lunch today. Tonight my boss had given us tickets for a rigatoni dinner. We went with my sister and her family. It was really nice not having to cook today.
Tomorrow I need to go to the grocery store. The cupboards are bare. I just didn't feel like doing it today. Right now I have my last load of clothes in the dryer. When they are done I am hitting the sack.
Tomorrow I am going to plant some more flowers. We went to Lowe's today and I bought a bunch more. What was I thinking? Now I have to dig a whole bunch more holes. Oh well, they will look very nice when it's all done. It was cooler today, but is supposed to warm up tomorrow.
Jan I hope the rest of the family stays well. It is no fun having a sick dh at home.
Suki I'm sorry to hear that the fluid is causing you so much discomfort. I hope you get relief soon.
Hyper congratulations to your ds and dd on making it into the spelling bee.
Scrapper I hope that your leg starts doing better.
Today I went and filled up my van with gas. It was really low and it cost me $83.00
I hope everyone has a good nights rest and I'll check back in tomorrow.
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:04 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday turned out very well. I finished my errands with little GD along. Only one snag along the way. I forgot that my pharmacy has a huge display of Sesame Street stuffed toys. She was enthralled and did not want to leave without a Bert doll, but there was no way I was buying it at that price so we had some tears on the way to Walmart.

DH wanted corned beef and cabbage for dinner since we will not have time to cook it on Monday. So that was a very easy dinner I made for him before the play. The HS play director had to do alot of changing of the story of Pippin. Not, sure why he picked that story, but the changes made it appropriate for HS. DD did a nice job and she was on stage almost every scene so we got a kick out of that. She stayed over at a friend's house last night. She is going to their church and then they are bringing her home. I bet she sleeps most of the afternoon away after her long week.

Unfortunately, I am over my head in laundry today. I wish my washer/dryer would die. I really want to buy a stackable set and put them in the first floor bathroom so I don't have to run to the basement all the time. Dh will never do that until these die. He is actually right that is an unecessary expense that we can not afford right now, but I am still tired of running to the basement all the time especially when it is just me and GD. It is funny when we were first married we had a stackable washer and dryer. We had a little ranch house with everything on one floor. As soon as I had all the kids I insisted on a large washer and dryer and sold the stackables, and got the bigger house with 3 levels. Now I would trade back in a minute!! I really am getting old.

Uh Oh GTG, somebody needs a diaper change....
Have a great day, I will check back later!
Unread 03-16-2008, 04:25 PM

I went this morning and got my grocery shopping done. I bought some steaks for dh to BBQ tonight. We will also have baked potatoes and salad with them. I bought my corned beef to cook for tomorrows dinner.
Our oldest son is coming home on Tuesday from school. He needs to have a smog check done on his truck before the registration is due on it at the end of the month. Crossing fingers and toes that it passes He has a job interview on Wednesday morning here and then will leave to go back home after the interview for a final he has on Wednesday night. He will graduate in June with his Master's in English and is hoping to get on with our high school district in the fall. On Tuesday I am going to fix enchiladas, refried beans and rice and send him home with a bunch of leftovers. That will be 3 good dinners in a row for me
I got all my flowers planted this afternoon. It is sunny here, but very windy. I planted a few pots also and put them on the front porch. I need to vacuum and refill the cat litter box and then I am done for the day. I can see an eveing of relaxing in my future
I hope everyone has a great day.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am finally finished with the laundry! I was a bit aggravated because I bought a new tablecloth for my dining room. I opened it and it had a big run in it. Now I have to take it back. I just hate that! It is such a hassle to return things.

I made pasta for dinner, after Lisa talked about rigatoni I knew what I wanted for dinner! Gave GD a bath and put her to bed. I watched the movie Wisegal on Lifetime but it wasn't really that good.

I am going to put my laundry away and head to bed. Tomorrow is my appt at the new eye dr. We will see how this one goes.

Sleep well ladies.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:30 AM

Good morning ladies!

We had a nice weekend. Saturday we went out for dinner. Yesterday we ran a few errands and got an Easter dress for DD. Last night we had a family movie night. I'm a bit tired this morning. I stayed up too late reading. I was getting to the end of a book I was reading and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Today is my hot lunch day and tonight is DD's dance class. It is picture night. I'll have to do her hair. They can wear their hair down for pictures.

Jan you made me smile with your washing machine story. I remember always having my washer and dryer in the basement. It was a pain. This is the first time my laundy room is upstairs where the bedrooms are. Good luck at you're eye appt.

Lisa it sounds like you had a very full, but nice weekend. Your dinners all sound good. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your ds's truck passes and for good luck at his interview. I'm sure it will be nice to have him home even for a short time. Does he go to school very far from you?

I hope everyone has a great day. I have to jump in the shower and start my day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register