2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 203 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-05-2008, 10:03 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies

Our Wacky Bear trip was a hit. The girls had a great time. But before we left dd said she didn't feel good. I could tell she didn't feel well the whole time we were there. When we got home she was running a little temp. I felt bad because she was looking so forward for this trip and she didn't get to enjoy it as much as she would have. The girls all got a membership card for 10% off any time they come in. It's good for a year. I think I might take dd back sometime in the future. The prices were actually very reasonable for what they got. She is feeling better today. Her fever is gone, so hopefully it was just a 24 hr bug. It's going to be a nice day so I'm not sure what we'll do.

Jan thanks for sharing that with me. Your gd's dad sounds so much like my ex when my oldest ds was little. You know after a while he did eventually meet someone and remarried. After that he stopped causing trouble. Of course he's been married and divorced 2 more times since, but we have a civil relationship now. The saddest part is they don't do these things because they think it's in the best interest of their children, they do it just to hurt people. I hope it works out for you. I hope gd is feeling better today.

Lisa you made me smile with your date with your bed. I hope you are feeling better today. I will keep your nephew in my prayers. Any news on your Andrew's condition? Resting and relaxing sounds like a perfect weekend.

Scrapper I hope you can catch up on your sleep this weekend. Have fun catching up on your shows. I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

I hope you all have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:03 PM

Hi Ladies,

It is a nice sunny day here. I doubt I will get out. Unfortunately, GD is still sick, and I am still working on that big data project for work. I can not wait until it is finished, but I do not see the light at the end of the tunnell yet.

Cindy I am sorry that DD was not feeling well. I am glad it did not last. Another trip to Wacky bear will probably be a great idea, maybe for the summer. I sure hope things work out for our family as they did for yours. I will keep you posted, as your support keeps me going.

Lisa I am so sorry about your nephew. I will keep him in my thoughts. I know your son doesnot have the same thing, but did he have to go on meds?

Well ladies GD is asleep so it is back to data for me. Have a great day!
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:18 PM

Lazy, lazy day here. I slept in until 10. Now that was nice

My nose is like a faucet today and it is driving me crazy. Hopefully by tomorrow I will start feeling better.

Jan I hope you get your project finished soon. I hate having unfinished business. Right now I still need to orgainize our tax stuff. Can you tell I'm a procrastinator? We always have to pay, so I don't do it until the last week. Need to call the accountant first thing Monday morning. I hope your gd starts feeling better, too.

Cindy I'm sorry your dd didn't get to fully enjoy her trip to Wacky Bear.

Andrew goes back on May 7th for his stress echocardiogram. The Dr. should be able to give us a definite diagnosis then. If it's what he is thinking then he won't need medication at this time. My nephew will either need medication for the rest of his life or a procedure where they go through his groin and up into his heart and burn a part of the valve to fix his. He should find out on the 16th what they plan on doing next.

Now on a happy note. I found out Celine Dion is coming to San Jose in November. I bought tickets today to go. DH didn't care to go, so Andrew said he would go with me. We got really good seats. I cannot wait to go

Well I need to get off of here and run to the grocery store. I want to stay in tomorrow, so I need to just pick up a few things to get us through the weekend. I hope everyone has a nice evening and I plan on another early date with my bed tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Hi all

We had a pretty low key day. DD is still not feeling 100%. Her class is supposed to sing in the 8:00 church service tomorrow, but I'm not going to take her. I'd rather she sleep in and rest tomorrow, so hopefully she'll feel good for school Monday. I emailed her teacher to let her know.
We always get a Sunday paper on Saturday, so I'm going to do the crossword puzzle then maybe read for a bit.

Jan please do keep me posted. I'm happy to offer my support and/or insight having been in a similar situation. I'm sorry gd is still sick. I say, enough with the bugs! I'm hoping for a healthy spring and summer. I hope you get your project done soon.

Lisa good for you sleeping until 10:00. You must have needed it. I'm glad to hear Andrew probably won't need medication. But I'm sorry about your nephew.
That is great new about the concert! It's nice that Andrew is going with you. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Sleep well ladies!
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Hi Ladies,

It is sunny and supposed to be in the 60's but I have to work again today. GD is in better spirits but she threw up again this morning. Maybe it is a sign we are nearing the end of the bug, I hope.

My DH got tamales, and rice , and beans for dinner yesterday because I worked pretty much the whole day on the project and I am just now at the halfway point. If I work that much today I might be able to finishe by tomorrow night. It is unlikely with him at work today I will be able to get that much done, but I will try.

Lisa I hope you got to sleep in again today. Good rest makes a big difference when you have a cold. I am glad you are planning to rest again today. I hope that Andrew does not need the meds as expected, and I am really hoping everything works out for your nephew. Your concert plans are great. You have such a wonderful son! I hope you have a great time. We had to pay on our taxes this year too. We did send them in already though, because as you all know I am worry wart and I just needed to get them finished.

Cindy I would have made the same decision about my DD. I hope she does feel better for the morning. I wish I had the same choice for GD, but it is her dad's day and he will insist on taking her this afternoon even when she is sick.

I hope you all enjoy your day. Check back later.
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:48 AM

good morning

Today is gloomy and supposed to rain. We have no plans today. I'm going to try to get the house cleaned for the week and catch up on my laundry. DD is still not feeling well. We had to pay taxes as well. We have already paid half of ours and we'll pay the other half before the 15th.

Jan I hope you will be able to get some work done on your project. I know you will be glad when it's done. That was nice of dh to bring dinner last night. I am making pork chops tonight. I hope gd is nearing the end of her bug.

Lisa hope your sleeping in and will rest today. Take care of your cold.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:24 PM

I am feeling much better today. I slept in until 9. I am going to hate to get up early tomorrow.

It is a beautiful day here and I am stuck in the house. I am taking a short break right now from working on income tax stuff. I will be so glad when I'm done with this. Right now my table kitchen table has a bunch of piles of papers on it.

Jan I hope your gd feels better and you are almost done with your project.

Cindy I hope you got your house cleaned and laundry caught up. I need to go and start a load of clothes.

I hope everyone enjoyed their day. I'm going to get back to my piles of paper waiting for me.
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM

Hi

I got my house cleaned today and my laundry caught up. That's a good feeling. Now I'm ready to start the week on a good note. It rained all day, so it was a good day to stay in and be productive. The kids and dh hung out and relaxed all day. I was going to make pork chops, but I was outvoted. Everyone wanted spaghetti. DD is still not 100%. She wants to go to school tomorrow, because they have a new student coming tomorrow. I think she'll be o.k. I'll be working hot lunch, so if she starts feeling bad I can bring her home.

Lisa I'm glad you got to sleep in both days and that you are feeling better. I hope you get your taxes done.

Jan I hope gd is feeling better and you were able to get some of your project done.

I hope you are all having a good evening.
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:14 PM

Hello ladies,

It was a beautiful day but I never got out. I got 5 more parts of the project done today out of the 17. That leaves 4 more left. I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel!

Well GD threw up once this morning and once at her dads. That is the best day so far. I hope it is better tomorrow. No nap at her dads again so she was so tired she went to bed an hour early.

The GD saga continues. Now he is on a rant that he wants her out of the daycare center. He wants to babysit her 5 days a week. I tried telling him we have her there for socialization, that she likes it, that the wait list took us 4 months to get her in and when he gets a job sometime we will be out of luck, but he won't listen. He ranted about how he knows we are raising her not our daughter and we have no rights and he does. He wants to talk about it with my DH and I said fine. He tried to tell me we have no choice, the baby is not going to be raised by us and the daycare. After he dropped her off he called and said that he wants to give her a birthday party on a Wednesday (her bday is on a Thursday) and he wants her the whole day so not to send her to school that day. Then he sends my daughter a text message saying this:

The custodial parent placing the child with a third party rather than allowing the other parent the opportunity for additional visitation is engaging in an unreasonable denial of visitation.

"The custodial parent has the duty to strengthen and nurture in every way possible to relationship between the children and the non custodial parent . . . By allowing the father to serve as his child's babysitter when he is available the father can still be a significant part of the child's life even though he doesn't have custody . . . We fail to see how one could reasonably argue that the child's best interest are better served by having a babysitter care for him instead of his father. In Re Dobey, 629 N E 2d 812, 196 Ill. Dec. 267 (1994).

Obviously he got it off the internet. So I googled it and it came directly from a fathers rights site. This is obviously where he is getting all his rights talk from. So now we have definitely decided not to compromise. We are going to tell him he has always said he didn't want to get legal and now he just did. He is more than welcome to get an attorney and take us to court but in the meantime she is staying in daycare and his visits are staying at Wed and Sun. My son thinks this is a terrible idea and the court probably will give him what he wants. At this point if that is what happens I say ok. I am tired of him bullying us, and every time we give in to him it just makes him want more and more.

I put the project away and decided to check the posts on here then watch some tv to relax a bit before heading to bed. I need a little stress relief and for some reason comedy reruns always perk me up.

Cindy I hope you got all your cleaning finished. Lisa I hope you finished your taxes.

I hope you all sleep well!
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Cindy we must have been posting at the same time! I am glad you got everything caught up. I hope DD is even better tomorrow and her day goes well. Your dinner sounds great, we just warmed some leftovers.

Have a good night. I hope your weather is better tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register